Yall got any ideas?

Yall mind spoonfeeding me how to set up some internet browsing protection?
These threads are entirely too spoopy lately and im afraid ill be V& just clicking around. Fucking 8ch is posting pizza in threads man I gotta be careful. Any advice?

preferred browser?
os?
settings?
help

Install gentoo

whats that?

a linux distribution

what comes next? Does that in it self make me safe when browsing? Consider me ignorant of the process but Im not functionally so I can set it up.

functionally retarded**

You're going to need to delete your system 32 surveillance files

>being this new
I like slackware. It's not as user friendly as some of the others, but it's more stable and it's the only distro I've ever had work right out of the box.

Seriously, tho, there's no such thing as being genuinely anonymous on the internet. Best you can do is slow down the tracking with a proxy and use a VPN to increase security.

nice meme

so, linux/proxy/vpn. Any other steps? I do appreciate your input.

The CIA must be having a slow day if they casually browse Sup Forums

Just like Sup Forums forces you to become your own editor, you must become more conscious and careful about the decisions you make online. There is no condom, there is you being more careful.

>tell me your browser settings so i can exploit it later on

Fuck off soros

>mfw the fbi/cia disinfo campaign actually worked and people actually think deleting system 32 messes up your comp

Stay frost newfriend.

so redirect me to somewhere to get the ball rolling on my own. help me to make my own browser choices.

Essential browser addons you install on every computer you use regularly or semi-regularly

ublock origin
https everywhere
noscript
privacy badger
self destructing cookies
blender

Never ever use an unsecured browser as that's where most exploits are taken advantage from

Adblock, noscript and peerblock

Now fuck off

Browser preference? I use brave atm.

Firefox. Always firefox.

How come? I was firefox - > chrome - > brave

I don't know enough about brave and I'm certain it's not nearly as much audited like Firefox.

I will get to reinstalling my firefox settings now.

my understanding is that brave doesnt track/report/sell data. Could be wrong. If anyone knows please enlighten me

Why would anything happen from just clicking around? I've never heard of anyone being V& or doxxed without breaking laws/posting personal info.

Honestly, the only thing I use is Adblock. I don't use all the security shit, because I'm careful what I click on. Most viruses are targeted at Windows systems. If you click on CP, don't fucking save it to the hard drive. Browsing the internet is like handling a revolver. Your brain is the safety.

I am just being cautious. With all these pizza threads I have had a few runins with sensitive material that I would like not to.

Same desu. And I trust myself to make sound decisions. I see no fault in creating SOME kind of safety net though.

You guy's are foolish then. There is a ridiculous number of ways that websites gather information about you as a current visitor that doesn't involve ads. Scripts and cross-site requests as well as cookies and supercookies can be used by ad agencies and even the government if they so choose to target you specifically, to correlate all the information and start developing patterns about you.

Start using passive protection NOW.

Thats my plan! do you have any suggestions?

>runins with sensitive material

Do you really think clicking on some random shit will get you V&? I don't know a shit load about how all that works but unless you're posting it or saving it I think you'll be fine m8.

im retarded I saw your list - thanks

Nice fucking numbers dude

I dont know if clicking random shit will get me V& but the fact of the matter is that I want to protect my browsing. This is why I am asking.

roll your own minimal livecd that doesn't mount any drive, set up to use a virtual nic that sends all traffic including DNS through a VPN.
Get good VPN that you pay for anonymously by walmart gift card for example.

added paranoia level: use cheap used router from goodwill or thrift store, keep prints off of it. load with openwrt, set it in range of some random open or easily cracked wifi, and use it as a VPN endpoint to bounce traffic through.

If you are entry level dumbass though and need to stay inside windows/OSX, use a small live cd based linux virtual machine, turn off all hibernate, swap files, etc. create virtual nic in main environment for that virtual machine to use, with that virtual nic sending everything to a good anonymous VPN

I shitpost on Sup Forums, read racist articles, and drop youtube comments about how the Jews are the enemy. They already know everything about me.

good on ya

anyone know of an off the shelf program to hide your real vpn traffic inside a fake video or audio chat stream going through a less obvious vpn or proxy. It'd look like you are just chatting through a shitty proxy instead of sending pure encrypted streams that draw attention

what would be the purpose of that? consider me retarded

Sorry, user. My tech knowledge ain't high enough for that.

best example of actual need for it would be in china or such where they monitor your traffic and would visit you if you are using an bare encrypted VPN stream.

Even in civilized nations, encrypted VPNs stand out. For all we know, your ISP might flag and report to the .gov people who use heavy encrypted or anonymous VPNs.
On the other hand, if it looks like you are just video chatting with random people, rotating through IPs that you dropped repeaters/VPN tunnels at, it's not particularly suspicious.

But I can't really think of any way to hide your own traffic from your house, unless you run it through power lines or set up some crazy ass mesh network of repeaters/routers full of garbage traffic so it's not easy to find the source or end points just by following the radio signals by fox hunt style equipment.
Even if you used laser link to a remote network, if that network got flagged, they could just look around and see where the other end is by line of sight.

Maybe if you went real nuts and used sound based connection through your sewer, and made sure that you are alerted if the other end is noticed so you can stop sending, you could hide that shit.

i get bored and brain storm this james bond type bullshit on occasion and have yet to come up with anything that would be 100 percent.

VPN prevents your traffic from being captured,and in theory stops anyone from figuring out where you are connecting to, since multiple people share the same external interface at the VPN location.

But, someone might come sniffing just to see why you are using an encrypted connection, since your ISP or wherever you connect to the internet can see that it's not the usual plaintext or video traffic.

If I connected to a wifi network across the street, they could go to that location to see where the VPN traffic is coming from, and figure out that the other end of the connection is from my house by just determining where the client (my wifi nic) is located

Retarded, any sort of beneficial obfuscation would leave very little bandwidth and high latency.