Why aren't teachers required to have university education in USA? And why are they paid so low...

Why aren't teachers required to have university education in USA? And why are they paid so low? Here in Finland they have university fields just for pedagogy (the science of teaching and raising) that you are required to study before you can become a teacher. And the pay is way better. And shit just works, teachers are more serious and professional about their jobs and they actually have the will to keep on teaching kids.

Of course this was as long as the child population was homogenous. I've heard teachers saying that teaching kids that are from middle east or africa is just impossible with the methods that have been devoloped for white kids.

No wonder american education is shit as long as you hire people who aren't properly trained and paid by their job.

>Why aren't teachers required to have university education in USA?
because that would ACTUALLY "red-pill" them to how the world works and many would hara-kiri the second they'd realise their congenital predisposition to failure

thus, they're fed shit, kept in the dark and set upon one another, as the profligates eat their cake and fiddle

They do have to have a degree to be teachers.

>Why aren't teachers required to have university education in USA?
They are

On a side note, what makes high-level education in USA so good? I hear people all over the world saying "yeah, basic education is good in Finland but USA beats it in higher education". Yet i never hear any explanation for this?

Teachers are required to have bachelor's degrees, at least in my state

i think it has to do with the professors at the university and the type of research they are conducting that makes them "better"

He means that in Finland you have to have a degree before you even enter teacher training, a masters level course.

My friend nigger to get his masters before he could teach grade schoolers here in NYC. He got stuck teaching dumb niglets which red-pilled him pretty fast.

Lmao do you have any stories about niglet students?

Propaganda, you see first hand the useless idiots "higher education breeds." For every Ted Cruz there are 10 useless obamas.

So is it all marketing,

Or because of famous professors and actual study?

Thats nothing.
Maybe this is why burgerland sucks in education.
Germany: 13years of school, 5years of University, 1,5years of practical Training in school. AT LEAST.
Step your game up, fatsos

networking

USA is rich m8, and at the centre of the current w. civ AND they're retarded so it's a cakewalk for most people from europe who know how to game their shit systems

>Finnish education system

I'd have hoped this meme would die by now. It's rigged to make the students look good, because they only teach according to PISA, which tests everyday knowledge, not curriculum-based learning

Take a fucking look at their maths scores, and you'll see the truth.

Their schools are based on competition, too, and the struggle to stay ahead lays firmly on the shoulders of the beleaguered teachers. I knew some teachers in Finland, and they were wiped out every day.

>University
>Red pilling anyone

Our schools are absolute trash at every level. Our universities are no exception.

I'm a high school teacher so maybe I could give some perspective. The reality is that there are few incentives to become a teacher. Higher education can yield better paying and more respected jobs in other fields, teacher pay has been stagnate for 10 years, and the number of people signing up to become teachers is decreasing while boomer teachers are retiring. In my county alone they have had over 50 math classes being run by subs because there are no new math teachers to be found.

You can raise standards as much as you want but with population as massive as ours, benefits as low, and the demographics as ghetto as they are now it would only result in less teachers and bigger classrooms.

>Their schools are based on competition

Isn't that Japan? Here the teachers don't force you into studying in almost any way, they just teach. They don't care if you are very good, as long as you just understand the general idea of things. I'd love to know where did you get that idea that finnish schools are based on competition. I mean the concept of dire competition, like in american business, feels alien to us when we first see it because of the lack of students competiting among each others in schools.

>university fields just for pedagogy
It's liberal arts tier though
Years wasted for nothing
You could probably sum up all the useful things thought there in a 2 hour video

>the struggle to stay ahead lays firmly on the shoulders of the beleaguered teachers. I knew some teachers in Finland, and they were wiped out every day.

Teaching is a hard job if you want to do it right. It's normal to be tired after a work day. There is no constant struggle to better going on, that sounds like a japanese thing. Teachers just teach with the university education they have recieved and it's made so smart it works.

>university fields just for pedagogy
Which generally make them worse at teaching, not better.

>Here the teachers don't force you into studying in almost any way, they just teach. They don't care if you are very good, as long as you just understand the general idea of things.

>still, we're top of the league tables, you know, hey we're just smarter, man

No. No, you see, you don't get that without corruption and social engineering. Which Finnish schools have in spades. Your schools are liberal SJW shithouses, and the results are fudged accordingly to make them look good.

Basically, pedagogy in Finland is falling right into the marxist trap, and you're applauding it like clowns.

>you don't get that without corruption and social engineering

Oh, the "you can't be the best in anything without cheating" meme. No wonder you asians suck if you can't cheat. Schools and teachers are pretty chill here, where did you get any other idea?

Tell me, what is this corruption we are doing? How does it differ from teachers actually being just respected and interested in teaching kids, and from applications of pedagogy studies in which way the kids learn easiest?

Explanations why this is would be nice.

>using studies about learning, to make people learn better, makes people worse at teaching
is what you are sounding like.

>Oh, the "you can't be the best in anything without cheating" meme

This is true if there is at least one cheat in the game, m8.

>Tell me, what is this corruption we are doing?

I told you. You don't have a curriculum, but you teach to the everyday knowledge standard of the PISA league tables. Every other standard, you are woefully bad at.

>applications of pedagogy studies in which way the kids learn easiest?

This is what troubles me the most. Phenomena-based learning is some horrible marxist shit, and your schools will suffer. But nobody will be allowed to know that. If schools in Finland are so great, where are all the Finnish scientists, poets, researchers, engineers, doctors, etc.

Drunk on the dole, that's where.

>using studies about learning, to make people learn better, makes people worse at teaching
>to make people learn better
Why are you so confident here? If you're redpilled you would've know that it's either the complete opposite or the marxists just didn't get to it yet

If I was the shadow government and I controlled the education system I would've done everything to make the people teaching to the next generation do it in the worst way possible and to vomit propaganda every now and then

>If schools in Finland are so great, where are all the Finnish scientists, poets, researchers, engineers, doctors, etc.
I agree with your point, but this statement is shit
You need to measure the median, not the extremes.
"If Chinese are manlets, why the tallest man in the world is Chinese?"
Extremes are usually mutations that are not correlated with the average group

>using studies about learning
Yeah, studies in the field of sociology sure are reliable. :^)
What fraction of sociology papers can be replicated, far less than 50% at the last count.

You just need to look at historic facts. Education standards were far higher before you needed a degree in teaching to teach a subject.

>not the extremes.

None of the professions I listed are extremes, though. I didn't mention fucking astronauts and brain surgeons and rocket scientists..

Not him but will contribute

>work in school as gym teacher cuz ezmoney for now
>all black/hispanic school so I just throw a few basketballs at them after some state mandated super basic workout routine
>I'm the only teacher they like as a rsult and I often have to break up fights or take kids to the principals office
>this one kid jaekwon is a total fucking terror and the entire staff hates him
>broke some kids elbow for scuffing his jordans
>catch him stealing peoples nintendo whatevers and make him give them back
>flat out punched a substitute teacher and he got fired for putting him into a chokehold
>kid is 2 years older than everyone in his grade (7th) and easily 60lbs heavier
>someone who he bullied brought his older brother to come bully him
>turns out they're part of the same "set" or gang or whatever
>finally got the okay to "graduate" him early to a "special" high school in december

Also

>more than once black women have left their kids here
>for days at a time...
>records a week

The worst part is they act all indignant about it like we owe them even that much. Can't keep track of how many times I've called CPS.

You asked where are the extremely good Finnish scientists e.t.c.

read again

>where are all the Finnish scientists, poets, researchers, engineers, doctors, etc.
How can you gather info on the average ones though?
It's directly imliped that you mean world famous scientists and other folk

I don't, though. I just mean that their output must be amazing if their schools are so good. Same with their schools. They ought to be world-renowned. But they're not.

It's just the league tables with marxist fudging that keeps them at the top. And I would posit (from many years experience in teaching at most levels) that it's because they focus on pedagogy.

It gets a cultural marxist wet as fuck when you talk about teaching methods and approach-based learning, even if the kids don't learn shit. It's progressive.

Yeah, they're obsessed about making the learning experience "fun"
Even though proper "fun" learning experience can never be fun and doing it the old way is just more efficient

They're just obsessed with change, really. Everything needs to change every year or two, and it's farcical. I've seen it rape the UK educational system because, as you say, they won't focus on learning. They focus on teaching.

Maybe i've been a lecturer for too long, but it's obvious to me that some kids want to learn, and some don't give a fuck. Forcing everyone to sit and play with blocks and expect learning to pop into their heads is childish, and could only be the product of 1960's sociological idiocy.

Which it is. kek.

The autistic weeaboo ITT who moved to Japan due to autism really makes my neurons fire 2bh.

You I like. I want you to teach my children, no joke.

There are many programs that are doing just that, creating an entrance for those with degrees outside "teaching" to enter the profession: TFA, TNTP, UTL.

The issue is that there is no discipline for the students and an A is seen as the default grade rather than a goal to strive for.

I have been forced to give passing grades to students that never showed up to a course because passing rates are a measure of how well we are doing as teachers.

The teachers are the ones that are affected by grades, and they assign them, so naturally they inflate grades. As my favorite non-Marxist professor once told me C+-A- keeps the phone from ringing...

theyre not paid low

they also have 1/4 of the year off

>I've seen it rape the UK educational system
b-but we still have almost perfect A attainment. :^)

Md reporting in: my district had 428 positions unfilled on the first day of school~7% of the total needed was unfilled.

This means that there will be students that spend at least one class a year with a sub... usually alcoholics or retirees

The models are flawed. Actual days driven research has been a boon in the last 20 years. University staff are tenured so it takes 30-50 years to have the theorists and the acolytes be supplanted by realists and data minded folks. Art vs. science.

I have a university education but there's no way I would ever think about becoming a teacher. I know teachers here and most (not all) are fucking Liberal retards who are braining washing the new generation. This is because the education systems of Western countries have been overrun by Leftist/Liberal useful idiots who are not even aware they are the food soldiers of Cultural Marxism. Much better to sack 9 out of 10 teachers and recruit anyone who is based regardless of whether they have a degree or not.