Imperials vs. Stormcloaks: Who would you side with?

We had this thread going once and what I've gathered so far:

Pro-Imperial:

>tries to stabilize the empire
>brings peace
>tries to bring trade and infrastructure to skyrim

Pro-Stormcloak:

>pure tradition
>tries to be isolationist and not bother with other regions
>high discipline (soldiers are not from all around the empire, but rather from regional locations close to eachother), loyalty (due to culure, not like imperial soldiers who all have different backgrounds and cultures) and not as decadent as the imperium

Literally who would Sup Forums side with?

Other urls found in this thread:

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Thalmor_Dossier:_Ulfric_Stormcloak
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Imperialists are globalist-materialists. Stormcloak all the way.

The Empire is controlled by jews so the storm cloaks

Skyrim is for the Nords.. Merkel would roll imperial

Imperials understand that humanity is better united against the Mer threat. Breton, Yokundan, Colovian, Nord... it does not matter, for all are Man and all are destined to be the masters or Tamriel.

The Empire was founded by the Cyro-Nords, from the days of Ysgamor to Saint Alessia and her Nordic husband, to Tiber Septim the God of Humanity. Ulric forgets this and uses Talos as a way to divide humanity, not unite it.

The Empire will pervail, a new Emperor of Dragonblood will rule from White-Gold Tower, and we shall push the Altmer back into the southern sea where they belong.

I form a new alliance with the best of both sides. And then destroy them both.

Imperials. Stormcucks seem like a good idea but they're useful idiot tier at best. If Skyrim splits from the empire the (((Aldmeri Dominion))) will break the white-gold concordat, conquer Cyrrodil and then Skyrim in turn. Classic divide and conquer.

There is no Empire without talos. There is no Empire without the nords. They'd get rolled by elvish jihadis and in the end all those individualisms tossed aside for the greater good will have been for nothing

Without a united Empire the elves would roll over everyone.

That's like fragmenting Europe into tiny parts so that the (Whatever) Caliphate can just steamroll over.

what do redguards have to do with anything in that picture?

Thing I hate most about the Stormcloaks is their gay ass equipment, it looks like the rags Soviets wore compared to the stylish and slick uniforms by the opposition.

it's Breivheart

Both are controled by the (((thalmor)))

Companions

Nords all the way. The knife ears would get wrecked if they tried to invade. The dragon born singlehandedly destroyed their entire barracks in skyrim. Furthermore, what's stopping an independent nord nation from forming an alliance with the empire to repel a common enemy?

The faux Roman Empire gear of the empire makes me cringe

Ulfric is controlled opposition

The Empire is the best choice.
Tullius wanted to turn on the (((elves))) at some point but they needed Skyrim if they wanted to do that.

Imperials.
Ulfric is confirmed thalmor agent, and if he betrayed them he'll betray skyrim.
If you pay attention to lore Talos worship wasn't cracked down upon until Ulfric and his lads started making such a big deal about it.
If the Empire can barely hold off the dominion united how in the fuck is splitting it in half going to end up any better?
Imperials >Stormcloaks. Don't let the thalmor divide and conquer

Why lad

>being pro eu
Shill and cuck detected.
The Empire are the ones letting roaming bands of thalmor run around skyrim arresting and executing people for practicing their own religion in their own homelands.
This is literally like Germany allowing gangs of Sharia police to run around harassing people
The Empire is an infected limb that must be amputated

That's funny, I felt great disgust whenever i saw anybody from the (((thalmor embassy))) and proceeded to incinerate them with magic.
That was in 2011 and i wasn't even fully redpilled yet.

Imperials
>Globalists

Stormcloaks
>Red pilled nationalists

It's that simple

In an ideal world where the game devs don't force the player to bend the knee to one retarded faction or the other?

I tell them both to fuck off and create my own faction.

Imperials and Stormcloaks are both full of retards and led by cowards.

You're the fucking chosen one... what the fuck are you doing putting up with any of their squabbling bullshit?

The thing is the empire never once bothered people for worshipping talos. If ulfric never had his little hissy fit the thalmor would have never been allowed to do anything about talos worship

General Tullius, the Colovian warlord that he is, already plans to drive out the Altmer from our homes yet Ulric decides its better for man to kill man instead of uniting against the High Elf.

Yes, the Empire is nothing without the warrior Nords, for the Nords are one of the keystones our the nation. However, without the superior bureaucracy supplied by the Nibenese, or the magical prowess of the Bretons which even surpass that of the Mer, or the skirmisher-traders of the Forebearers and Crowns of Hammerfell, the Empire will fail and no one will ever be free of Elven intervention.

And if Ulfric hadn't gone around throwing a fit about Talos the Thalmor wouldn't be there.
And if the Thalmor hadn't funded ulfric he wouldn't have been nearly so vocal.

>being this short-sighted
It's not ideal but without the Empire all humans end up as shabbos goys for the (((elves))).

>being an anarchist
Wew lad.
Why not marry ELISIF and become high king then use your dragonborn blood to forge a new claim on the Imperial Throne thus restoring a dragon blood dynasty and making the empire great again?

Side the Imperials. To do otherwise is to be a traitor.

Alternatively you could usurp the high king of skyrim, rally all of skyrim to you, go to war with everyone and do the same thing but remove the political bindings of the current empire.

>preach unity
>turn a blind eye to your own kith and kin being abducted and murdered for their beliefs
>It'll get better, let us kill a few more of your people for the greater good. Trust me goy
Pope Francis tier cuckery

Stormcloaks, the Imperials are cucks for the Thalmor

And then the empire and Thalmor would team up and put you down in operation Nordic storm.
>usurp the high king
There is no high king, Ulfric the Thalmor agent killed him.

It seems discordant with the medieval fantasy setting they're going for. It has hints of steam punk in it but throwing in Roman technology just make the entire timeline way too broad.

Stromcloaks, obviously. (((Imperials))) are just globalist scum.

>A Stormcloak victory is also to be avoided, however, so even indirect aid to the Stormcloaks must be carefully managed.

Literally in the Thalmor dossier of Ulfric. They do not want either side to win the war and want it to continue so both sides are continually weakened.

Just because they think Ulfric is an asset doesn't mean he works for them.

Who said anything about fucking anarchy?

You're the Harbinger of the Companions, the Listener of the Dark Brotherhood, the Arch-Mage of Winterhold, you've slain the World-Eater, mastered The Way of the Voice, you butcher trolls by the hundreds and fuck with Daedric Lords for shits and giggles. You should be running Tamriel and you've got the power and the support to make it happen.

That would've been the best option. You're the motherfucking dragonborn, they should all rally around you (nevermind that you casually promised your dragon soul to like 6 different deities. That's going to be a tough court battle).

Storm-cloak

And without Ulfric making such a big deal about it they would've never showed up. Read the lore, and explain to me why Whiterun, a default pro imperial settlement has a huge statue of Talos no matter which side you choose.

Make Skyrim Great Again

yes goyim, side with the imperials and (((thalmor))) and kill hundreds of white nords, then one day maybe the thalmor will be defeated

Nobody wants (((Thalmor))) in Skyrim. Once the civil war ends kick the mercucks out. You're not seeing the bigger picture.

Yes because Ulfric Stormcuck is clearly bringing the fight against those Elves, not like he's tearing Skyrim in two and having brother kill brother in a needless war...

>nevermind that you casually promised your dragon soul to like 6 different deities
They're welcome to try and take it.

You think like a 15 year old. Read here for a better plan on making the empire great again .
Not everything needs to be 20 years of blood. You have political pull.

Imperials are bunch of beta cucks with smug female dominant leaders.

Imperials
Stormweenies are the liberals of Skyrim. All talk, no conviction. Hold you to your standards, but never follow theirs.

Fuck Talos and fuck Nords

Whiterun isn't really all that pro-imperial, it tries to remain neutral however Balgruuf decides to side with the empire. Even when the fucking Dragonborn reveals he is working with Ulfric and that he literally has no chance at beating him

no the equivalent would be to import 3 million refugees to fight the jews in hopes that if the jews are defeated, you'll be able to get the refugees out

You sound 14

Because Baalgruuf isn't a 15 year old statesmen like half the players of Skyrim and understands that the Empire is better in the long run despite his disagreements on Talos. He allows Talos worship to go on in Whiterun and refuses to allow the Thalmor to dismantle it (as you can see by the Talos statue and preacher staying there) yet according to you the Empire should have called the Thalmor inquisition as soon as the battle was over.

>Fuck Talos
Altmer detected

DESU you would probably just be better off fucking off to Solstheim.

Fuck Nordic people and fuck Ulfrick

>imperials
>globalist trying to right back the (((thalmor)))

>stromcloacks
>muh Talos
>muh skyrim
>muh nead

Stormcloaks are nigger tier

>Fuck Talos
tips light helmet

Except that Stormcloaks are controlled by the Jews(Thalmor) and Ulfric is a plant from the Jews to disrupt the Empire and stop them from retaking their rightful clay.

any lorefags here?

Aren't the Thalmor just edgy nihilists who want to enslave mankind to bring forth the end of the universe?

skyrim=/=real world

Stormcloacks are bunch of imbeciles and Imperials might not be best thing ever nut they try, only to get fucked by fellow humans

No they're old school Altmer who believe in Elven supremacy in all ways. I.E. they should be the only ones in power. Generally they want a return to pre-imperial Nirn where Elves ruled over the vast majority of the continent and the Aboriginal humans.

Fuck off to Sup Forums you fucking neckbeard faggot

The civil war shit just seems like an attempt at aping New Vegas
Instead of having several factions each with their good points and Legion, you have two shitty choices

Thalmor masterrace!

By the events of Skyrim the empire is falling apart anyway. Blackmarsh literally secedes immediately after the oblivion crisis and then the Aldmeri Dominion took Valenwood and Elsweyr. It might have been ok had the Elder Council continued to rule, however that shit fell apart when Ocato died.

The current imperial dynasty is literally just from a fucking warlord that conquered the Imperial City after the council fell apart.

>muh new vegas
had a shittier plot than Skyrim. The only game NV has a better plot than is other FO games.

Dude, you're literally a fucking demi-god in the game.

By the end of the campaign you're already the leader of 90% of the individual factions and a knighted protector of every realm. The fact that the devs then FORCE the player to become a nameless grunt for one of the two chucklefucks running the factions in the Civil War was retarded.

That is a pretty shit way of breaking down the Imperials and Storm-cloaks

Imperials

>Very much in the pocket of the Thalmore to the point the Thalmore is unofficial the Empire
>The Empire, following the Thalmore's orders is demanding the eradication of old traditions and religions (even if those old traditions and religions were not negatively effecting anybody)
>Uses their wealth to enforce trade and is very pushy with an 'our way or get fucked' mentality

Storm-cloaks

>An invading force of old allies demands they get rid of old religions and traditions
>If you don't do so you are jailed or killed
>Forced integration of hostile races
>Removal of wealth and loss of control of an independent state.

Storm-cloaks are kind of dicks in the way they act, but they are absolutely in the right in wanting the Empire out of Skyrim.

This. Lots of good goys in this thread.

Then read here.
You have dragon blood like the Septims, you might have killed the current emperor thus opening the line to a new claim which you can now do.
Just because it's falling apart doesnt mean you can't try to fix it.
Or of course you could fuck off across the ocean to Atmora like the little bitch you are and let the Elves ream your land.

I guess it depends on what you like. I like how it was a simple story with a lot of great characters (someone shot you, track them down). It felt like you were just another citizen in the mojave.

Skyrim made you feel like a badass chosen one. A bit cringey, but was epic I guess.

Fallout 1 and 2 were like this (chosen one, find the g.e.c.k to save your tribe)

I always picked storm cloak. Did imperial one time. Didn't think about it until the remastered came put. But the resemblances to the election cycle was remarkable.

>All the people in this thread who don't know the difference between globalism and colonialism

>Imperials vs. Stormcloaks: Who would you side with?
I never really get to finish Skyrim(with all dlc's) because everytime i reinstall it I just slap a sex mod on or something, last one was a milking mod where i had the cellar from the house in Solitude full with pregnant female npc's who were making me milk money while i was having gay sex with ulfric npc on the bedroom level. I just delete the game when the mods breakdown and every load is a CTD or it get's too slow,
...I might reinstall it in a month or so

Imperials. Stormcloaks are fucking idiots.
It's not like the Empire wants to do any of the shit they have to do. They lost the war and they have to do what it says in the white-gold concordat.

Rebelling would be suicide. It's not like the empire wants to obey to Thalmor-faggots forever, but this isn't the time to put in their places yet.

The Stormcloaks are bluepilled subhumans who can't properly assess the situation. All they see is "The Imperials are prohibiting worship of MUH TALOS!!!!" but they don't see the elven-jew puppet masters behind everything.

>oh hey this guy shot me in the head
>yeah my brain's good I was just asleep for a few days
>I'm never going to have any negative effects from this unless I buy a DLC and go to Big MT in which it becomes a choice.
You don't just get up and walk away from getting shot in the head with no negative effects. That's bullet-in-head retarded.

>Stormcucks
>Redpilled
o I am laffing

You are now aware that 100% of the drinks in Skyrim is booze.

There is no magic at all, no dragons, and everyone is vanilla humans, 100% of the population is completely smashed out of their minds.

It all makes sense now

how can you even complain about realism while defending a game like Skyrim?

Explains all the sex going on, too.

Lmao you should be paying attention to your high school teacher instead of posting on here

>yfw you realized Elder Scrolls is the actual redpill

Chim = Meme Magic
Dragonbreaks = The Mandela Effect

Because Fallout was supposed to be a tad bit more believable than a medieval fantasy land.
They took out most of the "Weird science" and locked it behind a trait yet the only reason you as a character are alive is because of weird science.
It's a rather shitty choice in design considering the game and setting.

SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS.

Don't forget Skooma

>Without a united Empire the elves would roll over everyone.

they couldn't even roll the goddamn Redguards

You should try to get actual arguments instead of ad hominem.

Stormcloaks duh.

Who cares if Empire loses Skyrim, it doesn't need it and can't hold it. Let it go.

>Ulfric is confirmed thalmor agent

lol reading comprehension

The imperials tried to execute me, I vowed to kill every last one of them.

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Thalmor_Dossier:_Ulfric_Stormcloak

"Operational Notes: Direct contact remains a possibility (under extreme circumstances), but in general the asset should be considered dormant. As long as the civil war proceeds in its current indecisive fashion, we should remain hands-off. The incident at Helgen is an example where an exception had to be made - obviously Ulfric's death would have dramatically increased the chance of an Imperial victory and thus harmed our overall position in Skyrim. (NOTE: The coincidental intervention of the dragon at Helgen is still under scrutiny. The obvious conclusion is that whoever is behind the dragons also has an interest in the continuation of the war, but we should not assume therefore that their goals align with our own.) A Stormcloak victory is also to be avoided, however, so even indirect aid to the Stormcloaks must be carefully managed. "

Dormant asset. What does that mean?

Can we all just agree that the remaining Blades in Skyrim need to be killed? They treat the fucking Dragonborn like an errand boy and outright refuse to help if you don't do exactly what they tell you, such as kill the one dragon in the entire world seeking redemption

You prefer 2 endings versus 5 or 6 with variants in between?

an alternate 1950s reality of a post-apocalyptic world with aliens, ghouls, and super mutants is supposed to be realistic?

The entire game shills for the imperials, so Stormcloaks are the right answer.
The empire is also dead, as well as the emperor.
In a few years when the next game comes out, you will see

Yes, they literally believe that if they enslave all mankind and destroy the pillars of reality that the universe will end and the (((chosen race))) will escape the coil of mortality and become Gods "again".

From the same page.
"After the war, contact was established and he has proven his worth as an asset. The so-called Markarth Incident was particularly valuable from the point of view of our strategic goals in Skyrim, although it resulted in Ulfric becoming generally uncooperative to direct contact. "
He went from being okay with meeting with the Thalmor as an agent to not okay with direct contact.
Is that not a confirmed asset?