Workers Who Make Less Than $47,000 A Year To Lose Overtime Pay

Millions of Donald Trump voters to lose overtime pay the moment he takes office
independent.co.uk/news/people/donald-trump-overtime-pay-president-voters-moment-he-takes-office-1143-barack-obama-regulations-a7432421.html

Many millions of Americans who voted for Donald Trump could find themselves losing their right to overtime pay as soon as he takes office.

Part of the regulation - that is due to go into effect on December 1 - demands that companies pay time-and-a-half overtime to workers who make less than $47,000 a year.

Exit polls taken during the November 8 election showed that 41 per cent of Mr Trump’s 61m votes were cast by people who made less than $50,000 a year.

Tom Bonier, a data expert with the Washington-based polling company TargetSmart, said on Twitter: “Based on exit polls, almost 20,000,000 Trump voters would lose time and a half overtime under this change.”

Other urls found in this thread:

politico.com/story/2016/11/house-republicans-donald-trump-231636
youtu.be/joVFKR7VcEM
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/05/11/are-you-in-the-american-middle-class/
washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/22/obama-overtime-pay-rule-blocked-federal-judge/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

he's also literally Hitler
sage this disinfo bullshit

Explain this one away, Sup Forums.

Did nobody proofread that title ffs

>removing regulations
Sounds good to me.

>be mid-level supervisor making $34k
>suddenly "minimum supervisor wage" is $47k
>instant raise
Thanks Trump

I work HR/Payroll. This regulation has nothing to do with Trump, people have been preparing for it for months.

The president doesn't write bills

How is this disinformation? Republicans want to get rid of this Obama regulation when Trump comes to power. It seems to so called red pill is not a red pill at all. It's a right-wing blue pill.

House GOP maps out ambitious start to Trump presidency
politico.com/story/2016/11/house-republicans-donald-trump-231636

House Republicans are currently in the process of making lists of regulations that fall within their time frame and could potentially be repealed early next year. One of the major ones they’re eyeing is Obama’s overtime rule that requires companies to pay time-and-a-half to employees who make under roughly $47,000.

The rule is set to go into effect Dec. 1 and will be a top priority for Republicans to reverse, multiple sources said.

“We have heard over the past year that it would have truly dramatically bad effects, not just on employers but on employees across the country,” said Rep. Bradley Byrne (R-Ala.), a former labor lawyer. He said the University of Alabama expects the rule will cost the institution $14 million a year, which will likely be passed on to students via higher tuition.

And “I can give you the names of a ton of private-sector businesses who will either have to eat that cost or pass that cost on to their customers,” Byrne said.

The House Republicans want to get rid of this overtime regulation under Trump.

People have been paid overtime for years, undoing this legislation won't really do anything.

Tbh, I dont know of any company that doesn't pay time and a half for overtime.

More liberal scare tactic bullshit.

Good, those faggots earn too much anyways.

But he can pass it, assenting to its effects on workers.

Quoting Politico, one of the most biased of biased media sources.

Removing regulations is always good.
And yes I believe this unironically

We literally had a meeting about this last week. Obabo passed this.

So those quotes by Republicans are made up?

>posting a draft dodging faggot

kill yourself

>One of the major ones they’re eyeing is Obama’s overtime rule that requires companies to pay time-and-a-half to employees who make under roughly $47,000.

I don't see anything wrong with this.

Companies shouldn't be forced to dole out overtime.

>government forcing companies to do stuff or else
>gets removed

good. the company i work for caps us at 40 anyway and you get fired for working overtime kek

It's easy, if you are being asked or told to work overtime and you're not being paid for it, tell your employer to fuck themself.

Also, most people who are making less than 47k a year are making that little because employers are strategically keeping them well under full time, much less overtime.

Do you know why most employers paid additional overtime pay before it was mandatory?

Here's a hint: it's for the exact same reason why most employers paid more than minimum wage before they tried to demand a $15 minimum wage.

Most businesses have too much work to be done, and not enough QUALIFIED people to do it. They could either hire an additional person, which they need to train, equip, and schedule around, or they could just offer a current employee some additional incentive to do it themselves.
Most businesses also pay higher than minimum wage, because their employees are skilled at some trade that not everybody can do.
Economics 101 niggers.
The value of goods and services is at the intersection of supply and demand.

The only jobs that demand mandatory minimum wage increases and minimum overtime pay rates are the worthless WalMart McJobs that literally any retard can do. This nigger is smarter than most white liberals.

youtu.be/joVFKR7VcEM

Yeah, well, as long as negative externalities aren't involved, I agree.

This legislation is specifically for exempt status salaried employees. Ain't no 41% of trump voters under $47k working salary.

>mid level supervisor
>$34k

Jesus Christ what company only pays their middle management 34k? McDonalds???

The bill is to force companies to pay overtime to people who take a salary.
How does that make sense? The point of the salary is that you get paid that amount no matter what.

don't really care. i recently got a raise above $47k so it's just 1.00x overtime.
but most positions that have overtime are just filled with bullshitters anyway. They don't need the overtime to get their job done, they just bullshit their normal shift away chatting about how much work they have to do, then do it in their 20 hrs of overtime. It's wasteful, in the end the consumer pays for the bloat.

what does suck though is the positions that actually do require overtime, and the employer doesn't want to pay for it. I could find a normal 40hr /week job for the same salary I need fucking incentive to stay at the job that wants me to work 60 hours.

Good, we couldn't hire someone because the current overtime exemption was about half of the shit Obama's proposing. A modest increase might work, to adjust for inflation, but doubling the amount is insane. Again, this only hurts small businesses. The billion dollar mega-corporations are the only ones who can take it.

>implying this will cripple the working people
>still uses politico as a credible source
This hurts literally nobody. If you got overtime, you got overtime. This "law" saw it fit that people would get FREE hours doing so.

In essence, this helps incentivize overtime by not penalizing companys so much while also not gutting people.

Besides, it's not like nothing was totally piggybacked into the regulation by way of that overtime clause getting mandated.

It just was removed today because of a judicial decision. Try again CTR

I totally trust you, bro. No source is needed. Especially with those sweet trips. Kek wills it! xD

Oh, I guess I'm the one with the trips.

So, that makes me right. 7 is the most magical number! Top kek!

That's not Trump. His hands are too big

Try again.

>Any fast food restaurant
>Any retail store
So a large portion of businesses that offer unskilled work.

It was ruled that the executive order was unlawful by an Obama appointed judge. This has nothing to do with Trump.

OP is a retard.

>Tbh, I dont know of any company that doesn't pay time and a half for overtime.
Certain positions, not most, are exempt from overtime under the Fair Standards Labor Act. One of the requirements for the exemptions are that the person get paid a salary of at least around $20,000. The rest of the requirements mostly focus on the specific job functions.

it was literally on fox today Obama was for it and it got overturned by a court

wow

The old limit was $27,000. Now more people awill be eligible for overtime. What the fuck are these retards talking about?
#FakeNews

That pretty confirms what was said in the article.

>Exit polls taken during the November 8 election showed that 41 per cent of Mr Trump’s 61m votes were cast by people who made less than $50,000 a year.

Try again.

Is 47k good income? What pay class would that fall into?

What some people aren't really considering is that that law applied to SALARIED employees.

Hourly employees will still get time and a half.

Salaried employees, since they obviously aren't paid by the hour, get paid a fixed amount regardless of how many hours were worked.

This means you can work 60 hours one week and 40 hours the next and make the same amount of money each week.

Big companies don't want that law because obviously most of their employees are salaried employees, so they would either have to raise their wage to 47k or switch salaried employees to hourly employees.

I'm only saying this because all those Trump voters who make less that 50k probably werent salaried to begin with, as most salaried employment requires a college degree and it has already been established that he didn't do to well with the college degreed.

It's only for salary people.

this only applies to "salaried workers"

tell me, how many "salaried workers" make

>new regulation set to go into effect Dec 1
>Trump will make his voters lose something they currently don't even have
Wat

Middle-middle class

Depends on where you live. Don't forget about cost of living.

>Middle-income households – those with an income that is two-thirds to double the U.S. median household income – had incomes ranging from about $42,000 to $125,000 in 2014. Lower-income households had incomes less than $42,000 and upper-income households had incomes greater than $125,000 (all figures computed for three-person households, adjusted for the cost of living in a metropolitan area, and expressed in 2013-14 dollars.

Are you in the American middle class? Find out with our income calculator
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/05/11/are-you-in-the-american-middle-class/

if you don't have kids and you're unmarried/wife makes similar id call it the lower end of comfortably middle class

answer this Sup Forums

Wew

Why do Democrats hate white working class people? Like they have a seething loathing passion against white people that use their hands to make a living and did not go to the same private universities that they did.

The U.S. Census Bureau reported in September 2014 that: U.S. real (inflation adjusted) median household income was $51,939 in 2013

low middle class

ME SO SAHLEE ME FOR BIZZIMENT MAN. GUBBERMINT BIZNESS MAN. BIZZIMENT. DAFUQ HE FUCKED ME IN THE ASS? BIZZIMENT

was gonna say this.
this

Well above the median.

you can classify it as really fucking awesome lower class, or just meh middle class. you'll never have a big great house (without it being really stressful) but you can eat out all the time and not worry about it that much.
is considered lower class in big cities.

Thanks man
*thumbs up*

>no baggage btw
>also live like a cheapskate

The kikes think they can finally go into the phase of things where they openly call for the genocide of the white race, and they think they don't need to pretend to care about the working man anymore.

> only effects salaried employees

Never mind the overtime deal is for salaried employees, which op makes no mention of.

And seriously tho, if your salary, you're probably making more than that.

>Trump voters voted against their own interests
Yeah tell us something new fuckboi

whether or not to give overtime pay should be up to the employer. fuck the nanny state

>took a stand and refused to get drafted to profit the MIC killing riceniggers in southeast asia
>less American than some good goy who wants welfare bux to profit the MIC killing sandniggers in the middle East
kill yourself, my man

It bit them in the ass this time, because the Republican actually ran on a campaign to bring back their jobs. Hillary had nothing to fight back with for disenfranchised, white blue collar people. That's why she lost PA, WI and MI. If Trump actually does good on his promise those states could go red for a long, long time.
We might be witnessing the return of the white, blue collar man right here.

I'm a highest level supervisor at Wal-Mart and that's about what I make.

Only levels higher than me are salaried management.

Preger University on jewtube has a good vid on this topic.

tl;dw Employees get changed to hourly and lose both pay and benefits.

>tom boner

*pic related* bro.

Why are you trying to bust my bubble

washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/22/obama-overtime-pay-rule-blocked-federal-judge/

blacked by his own judge

Yeah he wasnt gonna charge hilllary either or deport illegals or build the wall

Apologies for my stupidity but help me out here.

So employees paid under 47k were going to get paid overtime even though they didn't work overtime hours?

Do you realize that you could be making double that money if you took 2 years of community college?

no the rule is you get 1.5x pay for every overtime hour worked. anyone who makes more than 47k is exempt from that rule.
The new law would be people under 47k are exempt too.

sauce on that table famalam?
>unlabeled columns
>into the trash

This is because of Oboingo you dumb fucking cunt

America's poor - duped again.

Sup Forums duped again

alex jones duped himself

Who cares fuck poorpeople

>regulation hasn't come into effect yet
>trump wants to eliminate it
>l-look one part of it is about overtime!!! You guys l-lose!
Disinformation

How will your job know whether or not you voted for Trump? If they're only taking away the overtime pay of Trump voters?

Read thread, the rule is for salaried workers. Who get paid the same no matter how much they work in the pay period.

Tho generally, the overtime weeks they work probably cancel out the weeks they work less than 40 hours.

This has nothing to do with Trump... Obama over-reached and got slapped down by the courts. The regulation will "expire" long before even Trump takes power... Trump didn't cancel overtime, the courts did.

i really don't think it's going to be bad for them.
A: their managers were probably forcing them to stay under 40 anyway.
B: if they were making 1.5x, they'll just get raises to avoid losing their workers .
C: they were overpaid anyway, the free market fixes it.

>regulation that takes into effect December 1st

I am going to imagine that Trump will strike that down right away. I also cant wait for the lefties to post this to normiebook and say he ia already fucking wages for the middle class without reading what date it takes into effect and who approved it (Obama) oh it will be great to see the outrage because they love King nig nog and will overlook this because they think Trump is in office.

I work a job that requires about 60 hours a week. Most delivery jobs are 50-60 hour per week jobs and pay like shit so overtime is where all your money comes from. Don't get to go home until the deliveries get made or you get fired so not a lot of slacking off unless you literally don't ever want to go home.

senpai if you're making less than 47k a year you're a fucking failure.

Well yeah, a lot of places wouldnt let you work over 28 hours because they legally had to provide some form of health insurence.

You guys are idiots...

If you are salaried and make less than 47K a year, the law states you get paid overtime after 40 hours. I work for Verizon and we had to increase our interim supervisor salary from 43K to 48K two weeks ago to avoid paying them OT.

As someone on salary, almost nobody on salary works less than 40 in any field that pays less than 47k. 59th hours plus is the norm, and prior to lawsuits I knew convenience store managers that would regularly work 70-80 on average. Salary is a sham to get more milk with less moo in the majority of cases.

If you live in a place without a fucked job market.

It's gross when white girls do this weeb shit

>people who live and work in the US don't understand our labor laws

The Independant has an excuse. You and everyone else in this thread don't.

>Part of the regulation - that is due to go into effect on December 1

>This is somehow trump's fault.

That MSM is fake news.

What do you mean? If it's around that much it's considered middle class isn't it?

What if it's a little higher then?

Guy who was actually affected by this change reporting in

If you make under 47k you have to get paid overtime

If you make ABOVE 47k you're now required to be a salaried employee, meaning you get paid even if you don't work, but have to suck it up if you're working over 40 hours

And I could make more than that by keeping going up there corporate ladder.

You gotta earn your keeps, and start at the bottom regardless. you don't just start at 100,000 a year with a corner office just because you went to college. Nevermind that going to school will give me less time at work, and more bills to pay. Doesn't sound worth the trade off to me.

My wife works a position that doesnt get overtime pay when working over 40 hours.