Looking into building an AR

Hey /pol,

Im looking into buying/ building and AR. I do not want to buy an 80% lower since I do not have all the tools necessary, and I would like to do it on a budget, over a short period of time. Like buy a couple parts at a time and have it completed in 1-2 months. What do you reccomend?

Im asking for advice on things like:
>Advantages of buying a stripped lower vs complete lower.
>Recommendations on MFGs
>Resources for learning about various parts, MFGs, what I will need, how to assemble.
>What to look for in the upper, recommendations, resources
>Eventually I will invest in accessories, but Im mostly concerned about the main body. However recommendations are appreciated.
>Your experience on building an AR

Chances are I will be buying a complete upper since I do not have the right tools for calibrating one myself, but I am interested in the process. So any guides would be appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

joeboboutfitters.com/Mega_Arms_Stripped_Forged_Lower_p/mega-m0200.htm
blackcreekprecision.com/parts-accessories/lower-receivers/black-creek-precision-model-f15-5-56-forged-lower-receiver.html
cabelas.com/catalog/browse/semiautomatic-centerfire-rifles/_/N-1114861/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_105524280
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

going full autist with AR's

OK, I just went through this wohle thing and there are MANY ways to get this done.

But right now, in my opinion the cheapest, highest quality way to get started with an AR:

1. Buy finished lower ($60-80)
2. Buy rifle kit from Palmetto State Armory (PSA) (399-450)
They are having a huge Google Friday sale on rifle kits - it basically contains everything you need besides the lower. You will have to watch a cople videos to install the trigger and such into the lower. It's very easy. Then you just slap it onto the completed upper from the kit, and shoot it.

It really is that simple and you can have an AR here for under $600 easy. Mine has been shooting no problem (I did finish my own 80% lower though).

PSA and Luckygunner are both having sales on 1000rds 5.56 ammo. Thanks to the trump win, ammo is cheaper than ever.
The only thing not in the rifle kit you'll need is a backup rear sight. You can get a set of Magpul MOE sights for $80. Then eventually you might want a red dot, but that will get you started.

check out these websites:
jprifles
aimsurplus
wilsoncombat
brownells
midwayusa
smith&wesson

and i believe "ANDERSONS" has a lower receiver for as little as 35$

wait until trump takes office
gun and ammo prices will go down, no more Obama gun buying panic

I've built about a half dozen, and half have been sales from Palmetto State Armory. I'm talking $450 complete rifles after a $40 Anderson lower.

Don't skimp on mags, C products USGI can be had for $7.

Go away alt-right bigot. Nobody needs an assault rifle. You don't represent us.

And don't forget to buy a pivot pin detent tool from amazon or something for $5. worth every penny.

I swear, newfags

this too. I got by without one, but it would've been a lot easier with it, and its a no brainer for $5

I recommend you not shit post. If you have the tools to build an AR, you are a liar.

Firearms are a serious subject and not something to chitpost about.

You are not even trying and are very embarrassing to anyone who has built an AR.

Fuck that little spring that holds the take-down pins in particular.

Anyways just buy a dirt cheap AR at a gun show and save yourself the tears.

There is a tool for that.
Once you put one of those springs into a low orbit, you realize it was made for a reason.

Lowers are easy as shit to put together. Hell, uppers are easy as long as you have a vise, upper vise block, and a torque wrench.

Build a Krink.

>aimsurplus
Uh no.

I bought .50 bmg brass from those weasels.
Erryone of them was a hair away from splitting just above the rim.

I would not buy anything from those (((merchants))) liars.

I've never bought brass from them but I've bought guns and ammo and they've been GTG.

Go to /k/, and depending on your experience with firearms either go to /qtddtot/ (Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread) or /arg/

buy a complete lower for around $300.

Buy a complete upper for around $600-$700, preferably from BCM.

That's the easiest, foolproof way to get a very good AR-15.

There are going to be killer black friday and cyber monday deals on AR15 parts.

buy a good quality lower like Mega (dont buy cheap shit like Anderson unless your on a budget)
joeboboutfitters.com/Mega_Arms_Stripped_Forged_Lower_p/mega-m0200.htm
Black Creek Precision also makes good stuff.
blackcreekprecision.com/parts-accessories/lower-receivers/black-creek-precision-model-f15-5-56-forged-lower-receiver.html

Geissele always has a black friday sale online, and a $135 SSA trigger is worth every penny as well.

> What is AR15.com?

>complete lower
>300$

Jesus christ man, you can buy a stripped lower for under 80, and then the parts for it for like 50 bucks. All you need are a few standard tools to put it all together, and then you can buy a complete upper for under 250 bucks on 22mods4all.

>slavshit

You don't sounds very mechanically inclined so just go buy one.

cabelas.com/catalog/browse/semiautomatic-centerfire-rifles/_/N-1114861/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_105524280

What is the main difference between a Geisselle trigger and a standard mil-spec one?

You can build one pretty inexpensively. Palmetto State Armory has a pretty good lower receiver parts kit that they mate with a completed upper, which saves you the need to get some tools. assembling a stripped lower receiver with a parts kit is as easy as building ikea furniture.

yeah a shit upper. And I suck with even basic tools and they cost money so I just recommend doing the complete lower. As I said, it's foolproof, I'd rather have someone who knows what they're doing put it together rather than my own dumb ass.

US was the worst at making guns throughout history
so kys

/k/ has been garbage for years and the AR fags are the worst. They think any AR15 that costs less than $2,000 is shit because they are either trust fund babies or living in their parents basement using autism bucks to build expensive rifles that they cant shoot. But they look good in pictures posted with my little pony toys.

Still better than plastic yankees shit

The fuck are you on about? /k/ is poorfags with SKS's and nuggets.

>noguns barcode haircut niggers

No. Make a thread or ask on a different one. The general threads are cancer.

Standard triggers in LPK's can range from 5.5 to 8.5 lbs to be USGI spec, although some can be much worse.
Geissele makes a variety of triggers, and all of mine are some of the most clean breaking 2.0-2.5lb shortest reset I have found.

A good trigger is worth it's weight in gold.

The only tools that you absolutely need is a armorers wrench, a good vice, a punch, hammer and maybe vice grips.

I made my own vice blocks out of scrap wood and metal.

the pic is just to demonstrate how to use plate steel (warped in duct tape) to clamp the receiver in a vice. you wouldn't do this with the rear site on obviously, i just took the pic to show a user on /k/ how i do it.

>noguns niggers
99,9% pure white male
And check my gun licence pls
MA-AK 03, MK03 Saiga and Tiger 09.
But noguns yea

I built my own but didn't really use cheap parts. If you do assemble your own lower you are going to need tools also. Instead of beating my roll pins in with a punch I used vise grips and squeezed them in. Lots of good tutorials online but read the comments first and look for "that's not how you do it". I watched the videos from Brownells. My .308 on left and AR-15 on right

only half true

nah, we in /ARG/ are cream of the crop. stay out.

not the AR fags, go to any AR general thread they are disgusting

also, a lower vice block made out of a scrap piece of 1x6 cedar

Let me see your barcode haircut nigger

Go to /k/ you fucking retard there is a board for this.

Then go to palmetto state armory. Unless you can get a stripped lower for $40, buying a complete PSA lower is the best deal on the net.

Then buy one of their uppers.

done.

You fucking poorfag.

>help I went to /arg/ and it sucked
>help I poked myself in the eye and it hurt

Basically the same thing. Just stay out of AK and AR general threads, and all will be well.

There's a thread on /k/ right now about building an AR under $1000

Yours? Nice.

>ubr

mah nigga

>spending $ on quality parts
>disgusting

go back to china, ping.

>go back to china, ping.

I build my AR15's with quality parts nigger. the gun in that picture has Knights Armory BUIS & rail, Daniel Defence LPK, Colt SOCOM 14.5" pinned barrel and the other small stuff was all BCM.

You dont need a $20 chunk of plastic to torque a barrel or buffer nut.

just bought 2 each 5.56 oracle - DPMS for $980