Russian scientists discover how to extract gold from coal

What does this mean for the value of gold?

rt.com/news/367821-coal-gold-technology-russia/

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com/5850299/americas-largest-coal-power-plant-burns-11-million-tons-of-bituminous-a-year
oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/gold.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not nearly as much as it means for the value of coal

Well thought!

Sounds like a bydlo tier invention. What next, they figure out how to turn a lake into a desert in just few years?

>burning a ton of coal yields one gram of gold, tops

Oh wow it's fucking nothing

QUICKLY! WE'VE GOT TO INVA-I MEAN LIBERATE RUSSIA!

Coal does have a lot of gold, I see the appeal

>russian scientists

jej

Gold is a barbaric relic, the sooner we get rid of it, the better.

This is alchemy but not what people sold their souls for

California already invented that user

From coalburner to golddigger. Just like my wife.

If you can incorporate the extraction method into a coal powered plant, it would make the gold a bonus.

Average price of a ton of coal is like 30 dollars. One gram of gold can be worth a lot more than that. Good thing we don't have the gold standard anymore.

Wait until we start catching meteors motherfucker.

>filtering.

Go home paulfags, your gold is safe.

Coming from someone sitting in a mcdonalds wifi youre a fucking retard for thinking they would juwt announce something like that.

Perhaps. But how much does it cost to transport and process a ton of coal?

>To create the gold, smoke created in burning coal goes through a hundred-fold purifying system. The residue is then flushed through a filter with water, allowing a gold concentrate to be extracted that is later used to make the precious metal.

Yea it's not much gold per ton, but how much coal is already being burned worldwide?

1500 ruble is $20+ usd.

don't worry, apophis will land near your land

>What does this mean for the value of gold?
literally nothing. IT'S RIGHT ON THE FUCKING PICTURE YOU DUMB PEICE OF SHIT
god damn you got me.

well memed

So coal costs $30 per ton and you can make $20 of that back, plus sell the electricity from burning the coal, that's a huge improvement.

that's a ton of coal alright

In soviet russia lung cancer costs YOU a few shekels

Millions of tons of coals are burned in power plants. This is going to crash the gold price while raise coal prices.

Trump really is making coal great again.

>average swedish size

>0.5g per ton

5g per ton of ore is considered bare minimum for commercial viability

That gram costs 3000roubles e.g. $50
>Lower than the physical cost currently

>money earned overseas, on which they have paid local tax on, should now be repatriated for no real reason other than to tax it at standard rate

Are these people fucking retarded?

No, just spiteful. Well, maybe a little retarded.

At that rate, fuck all.
You can separate gold from seawater, but it's really fucking expensive, so no-one does.

Why the fuck would they announce this?

I cut corporate rates to nothing. Watch the jobs come. Oops 25 trillion more in debt. Why shouldn't they just take your welfare and run? Unemployment 14%

This is why the silver standard was always superior.

Yes, but the coal is already being burned to generate electricity anyway.

how to extract gold from coal, remove teeth.

Probably trying to boost coal prices.

The 2012, coal output amounted to 353 million tonnes, up by 4.7% on the year. The coal supplies increased by 3.1% to 316 million tonnes, of which
127 million tonnes were exported (up by 19%)

the global gold market clears billions USD every single day. it means absolutely nothing for gold, that's the whole point of gold. its typical price movements cannot disrupt business accounting when it is the money good. currencies on the other hand are ephemeral over the same time scale, and are barely even stable over much shorter time scales that we'd still call "long-term investment," as little as just 3-5 years. when government currencies are used as the unit of account, the standing of a business can be called into question without it having done anything wrong for the mere fact that it chose to save when it should have spent, or vice versa, but it could not possibly have known better because the real interest rate moved against its decision. this is how the business cycle is created, and, because currencies are foisted upon us all equally, and because they are centrally manipulated, those booms and busts in the cycles are therefore far-reaching for no apparent reason, unlike e.g. the tulip bubble (which did not affect bread, concrete, etc.), or spices, or any of the other particular case studies in our history.

*the same time scale as that which gold has been bought and sold in, and monetized. approximately 5000 years.

>alchemy

>literally melting out the existing gold already in coal

fuck these news idiots

>all the more reason illegal immigrants need to be kicked out
>all the more reason legal immigrants need to be denied in greater numbers

It's just a headline to catch your attention, user.

But this is Igor Today. Mainstream Meteor Smash

modern actual alchemy happens in reactors, but the costs holy shit

>I don't know how business and economics works
We need fairly priced labor.

underated kraut banter

Coal in the US is currently selling for $45/ton. Gold is currently about ~$21.70 per .5g.

So this will not affect the price of Gold.

And with all due respect to the kek approved it really won't do anything for the price of coal either. It's only of scientific interest at these price points.

For it to near becoming an economic factor, the price of gold must rise to over double, or the price of coal must half, or some combination of the two. Both are possible of course. Or there could be another breakthrough/improvement in the process that makes it more efficient. But it's a money-loser now, and by a very large margin.

(all assuming they are using the same ton we do, if not just replace the price of coal/ton I used with correct numbers, same logic applies. For this to be viable the amount of coal used needs to be worth less than the Gold produced, plus a margin for overhead costs and profit.)

kek

Holy fucking shit how thick are they automation isn't a problem (or at lease not in a protectionist country). The more work you can do per citizen, the better.

Burn the coal, get the gold

Another instance of engineering snake oil, the amount of energy it would take to yield 1kg of gold would likely cost more than a kg of gold.
This is no different from all of the kickstarter campaigns like solar roadways etc.
Sounds great, but in theory is complete bullshit.

Dey took uhr jerbs! Gib 'em to robits! Productivity sky high wages stagnant and directly correlated to the losses of unions

You can make gold from lead but it costs more than mining gold, that's why we don't do it.

Kek.
If the product of the labor stays in your country, no fucking problem. More wealth/citizen.

Which isn't a trite-wing tenet
>blows up syria and iran? for greater israel
>where the fuck did these refugees come from?
>use H1Bs
>pay no wages nor taxes
>invest in nothing
>offshore
>blames left

>For this to be viable the amount of coal used needs to be worth less than the Gold produced, plus a margin for overhead costs and profit

If the coal were being burned only to produce the gold, you'd be right.

What's actually on offer is filtering gold out of coal burning already

gizmodo.com/5850299/americas-largest-coal-power-plant-burns-11-million-tons-of-bituminous-a-year

5.5 million grams of gold a year would probably pay for the filters and this place is burning 24/7

I didn't blame anyone, none of those addressed what I said, and you're still full of shit.

>2,500 trillion in global derivatives debt
>worship fiat money

You talk outta your ass. Robots are good for productivity
>they're not
Keep in community!
>you don't
I'm not blaming anybody you're an idiot

They are.

i wonder if the gram of gold magically appears or if they will need an entire team, equipment, and a refinery to extract the gold flakes from the ashes.

Install maximum wage of zero dollars. Kill all workers and put in pits. Have one trump and one robit to rule them all

>Russia finds gold in coal
>Trump wants to bring back "clean coal"
>Gold when shined and polished looks clean
>Trump has apparent ties with the Russians
>Wants to become allies with them
>Wants to audit (and possibly end) the fed
>tfw Trump secretly funded this project so he could bring the US back to a gold standard economy.

I'm starting to believe the time travel theories.

($214 million dollars worth of gold a year from that power plant)

You're the first guy I found that is so aspie, and yet so stupid.

THIS IS WHY THE JEWS WANT WAR WITH THEM

WE KNOW NOW

This is why I hack shit and hide my taxes. Why would the zionists who own him allow him to shut off the american fiat skimming taps?

But is has many practical scientific uses.

You love to fuck your own ass so don't bitch at me for piling on. I don't care what you think

oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/gold.html

>Ocean waters do hold gold – nearly 20 million tons of it. However, if you were hoping make your fortune mining the sea, consider this: Gold in the ocean is so dilute that its concentration is on the order of parts per trillion. Each liter of seawater contains, on average, about 13 billionths of a gram of gold.

If you drink enough sea water, you will be rich because your body filters out the gold.

>more workers means more fairly priced labor

>i don't know how basic supply and demand works

And yet you keep replying
>HUR YU TINK ROBUT ARE GUD, DO EVRY TING BY HAND IT WIL TAKE MOR TIME AND SO MOAR JERBS HUURRR.
>ILL USE THE WORD ROBIT XXXDXDXD

California will never build a desalination plant.

K

>heidi klum.jpg

if we constructed enough thorium reactors we could easily power all the desalination plants we could ever need

>OMG NO I WIL SHOW I DON'T CARE AND JUST SAY 'k" XXDDXXDDD
Ebin

>How to repeat succinctly like a parrot while adding nothing
The numerous posts

kek

>"drools" ppp..parrot? PARROT!
This is entertaining to watch.

>Russian
>Science

Chose one.

Too much fentanyl in the meth, Jamal?

So is this like the water bottle that magically fills itself?

Dafuk happen there?

>Oh I know I will call him a methhead! Nobody thought of that before.

It's just extracting the trace amounts of gold that are naturally in coal.

Looks like coal burning is back on the menu

Wages would be far too high without immigration. It's unfair to expect businesses to operate under those conditions.

Alchemy is real btw.

Planet-loving Clinton-voting californian liberals helping the planet by destroying it.

Water is redirected from Northern California to LA area and other southern California shitholes.