Rebel US presidential electors plot to block Donald Trump by undermining electoral college

Several of the electors who will officially select the US president next month are plotting to undermine the electoral college by casting their votes for a candidate other than Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton.

The small group of Democratic electors initially hoped to bring enough of their Republican counterparts on side to keep Mr Trump short of the 270 votes he needs to be named president.

That plan would see electors from both sides of the aisle cast ballots for a moderate Republican like John Kasich or Mitt Romney, draining support from both presidential nominees and denying Mr Trump a majority of votes.

In such circumstances the Constitution dictates that the House of Representatives would step in and elect the next president.

>telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/23/six-rebel-electors-plot-block-donald-trump-undermining-electoral/

They have the right to do that, so let em.

>Democrat electoral voters in red states don't vote for Trump
>Republican electoral voters in blue states see this and switch their vote to Hillary

All articles about the Electoral College denying Trump the presidency are just the product of liberals in denial.. I'm sure most of the electoral voters know that defying the will of the people would unironically result in The Day of the Rope.

>5 dem votes
>all from blue states

jeeeesus christ mods get your shit together

Pretty sure you'll do nothing.

Do they want another civil war? Because this is how you get another civil war.

Hey guys, remember when the delegates were planning on blocking Donald back in the primaries?

Yeah it's not going to happen this time either

they'll need 38 electors to defect
so far they have 6
only 9 have done so over the past 100 years
this is a non issue

I'm going to say it again.
Do it and you can kiss this country goodbye.

You're a dumbfuck

>mfw Sup Forums memed JEB SURGE too hard

>The small group of Democratic electors
So not a single elector who would be voting for Trump anyway

>initially hoped
So they failed to flip any Republican electors

it's fucking nothing
t
'
s

f
u
c
k
i
n
g

n
o
t
h
i
n
g

This whole shit is "muh open convention" all over again. Never Trump's defiant last stand lasted all of 5 seconds and then it was business as usual.

The libcucks are just desperate for one last reason not to commit suicide in January. This is all they have, and in December when Trump is confirmed it's over. You'll probably see more of them calling for assassination but they haven't gone there yet because calling for electoral sabotage won't get them thrown in jail or a psych ward.

Please do that, america could use another civil war.

wtf im john kasich guac bowl now

No they don't actually.There are even punishments in some states against electors doing this shit.

Just like you were "pretty sure" Trump will never win in the first place, i am assuming?

This is just like the delegate revolt in the primaries.But please, let retards like the braindead poster i quoted have hope.So hopefully they kill thmsleves come December 19.

Here's what's going to happen. Facebook and Twitter are leading the charge to purge all "fake news" with MSM on board. The media is the only things these cucks control anymore, or so you'd think.

You forget about Congress. With the MSM and internet getting rid of "fake news", who is to say that they won't impeach Trump for some bullshit and put some neocuck into office? Then it's really back to business as usual.

Somewhat related - I'm too lazy to make a thread on my phone - check r/politics.

Basically several of the swing states are suspected of being compromised by (((Russian))) hacking.

Would make a great little twist if they yanked the rug out from under Trump and gave Clinton the presidency.. wonder how the armed forces and police would choose to react. Probably do nothing.

not only do they have to get red state electorators to switch,they'd have to convince EVERY SINGLE BLUE STATE electorate not to switch their vote to trump

AYY LMAO

this is pure delusion

>who is to say that they won't impeach Trump for some bullshit and put some neocuck into office? Then it's really back to business as usual.

That is why its so dangerous for Trump to make these people who just tried to take him down his most trusted insiders.

I'd say at this point its about 33% chance now that Trump's own insiders (GOP neo-cons like Pence, Priebus, etc.) foment trouble of some sort that results in Trump being impeached and Pence taking over.

That hasn't ever happened.

So....no.

Hahah holy shit they have noting else dont take it away! lel

Same bs as last time.

December 19th will come and go without a hitch.

I wonder how an impeachment would play out. Liberals hate Trump but they are fucking terrified of Pence so it would be interesting to see if they would go along with an impeachment since it would mean Mike "LGBT ACDC" Pence would be in charge.

Hopefully it doesn't happen. You have to think that Trump defeating the GOP's most hated foe and guaranteeing the Supreme Court will not turn into another wing of the DNC bought him some good will from the establishment/cuckservative wing. Also, remember that Trump is smarter and more competent than all of them.

I don't see why you yank faggots even need electors.

Electoral votes should just act as points

We don't have goddamn seat electors. If you win a state you win a state

Electors are just pointless middleman

They aren't going to impeach Trump. Too much danger of pissing off their constituents and losing re-election.

Hmm i wonder if trump holds all the cards libs cant assassinate him or they get pence and reps cant throw him under the bus or the people will do the same to the republicans.
lel 4 way 8th dimension rock paper scissor.