Life Mask/Death Mask thread

Ever wonder what the Founding Fathers looked like? Sad Camera's were invented 30 years after their lifetimes? Think paintings don't do them justice?

Well that's why they did lifemasks. I'll start with Lincoln, so you know how accurate the masking process really is.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalization_Act_of_1790
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Obama

George Washington

GW 2

John Adams is one sour looking mother fucker

The paintings back in the day were like the airbrush in Photoshop.

Benjamin Franklin

Thomas Jefferson

James Madison

Looks like he'd rather shoot his mother than smile.

Nice thread OP.

I bet you could substitute these for the death masks of consuls and there would be no discernible difference.

arseface?

Issac Newton

Martin Luther

Tbh that is pretty fucking close, and assuming the cast was made later in life than the painting, any changes could easily be dismissed as ageing.

William Shakespeare

>Martin Luther

Interesting to see how a famous black man looks when recreated in white plaster.

William Shakespeare confirmed for being a beatnik.

B8

The black one was Martin Luther King jr lol

Ludwig van Beethoven

>that nose

beethoven really was black.

Fredrick II, King of Prussia.

Ayy Lmao

He's gonna kill me and rape the corpse, and yet I would still follow him through the gates of hell.

Took me a moment, good b8

Thomas Jefferson is my favorite President

Aaron Burr

I wish the King George's did them.

Here's Queen Elizabeth I

does he kind of look like rush limbaugh?

wtf?

I'm literally related to him, am I a blue blood/Illuminati?

Looks like a roman senator/greek philosopher

Not necessarily but he is my least-favorite President/Founding Father. He's a fucking pushover that loves to pay off Muslim pirates and get high on their hash while making "peace"

He was rightfully BTFO by Jefferson in the election.

Good thread.

same

John Adams was interesting. All the Adams are based, you should watch that HBO series on him. His son was in the Anti-Masonic party.

Thye couldn't take a better photograph?

Napoleon

>Looks for Australian flag

>not even a leaf

The smugness of the man who founded an entire globe-straddling nation by telling a king to fuck off.
God damn I love these.

Yeah I see what you mean.

Linus?

Funny because I was thinking the same thing.

first good thread on Sup Forums in ages

Dante

Looks like mousolini

Andrew Jackson lived long enough to be photographed.

hope this is b8

> Martin Luther
> Black

Why did we ever abandon the sculptures of Antiquity?

We know what Romans looked like 2000 years ago, and pretty detailed descriptions too since sculptures aimed to be as realistic as possible. They capture things a painting can't.

phineas gage's is funny because they have his skull next to his.

Dat Roman nose tho

I would have loved to see this man in his prime

>Thirteen Colonies
>Globe straddling
>American education

Why the fuck do niggers think that he was black?

>that feeling when you work in an office for a paranormal investigation group
>literally surrounded by death masks and real human skeletons and dolls amongst other shit
Its cool. Still dont believe in ghosts

He was talking about the British Empire you moron

Well now I'm just confused

hes pretty fucking greatfam

Is this the DmC Donte? Doesn't look like him at all.

I was thinking Cato from the HBO series Rome

No I'm the moron, I misread it. I apologize

But George Washington spent over half of his life campaigning for better British citizenship, and in rules of civility there's a letter from Washington where he praised the British monarchy.

Not surprising, seeing as he considered himself British and so did basically all of the founding fathers and everybody living in the colonies at that time.

But Amerifats don't know shit about their own Founding Fathers, or the fact they viewed the colonies only as an extension of Europe.

AESTHETICS

Slaying the banks.

>And the Prairie niggers. Kek blesses based Jackson.

>tfw you'll never have a jaw as aesthetic as Napoleon

>not mewing the shit out of your jaw

The colonists did consider themselves British, anyone who is mildly educated understands that. It wasn't until the Stamp and Intolerable acts that Americans wanted to distance themselves from the crown. Common Sense and such also initiated Americans to realize their own identity.

Why the fuck would that nigger have one made in the age of cameras and film?

Of course, American identity was an invention of the first half of the 19th century, but most of your fellow countrymen don't know that.

t. a man with a passion for 18th and 19th century history especially british history

Stupid ones think so.

But again, that's reliant on education.

Not exactly like your schools teach 'British' children about how the Rothschilds played your ancestors like a fucking fiddle and bought out your bank even though YOU WON and should have went on to dominate France.

>Ethnocentricity in education is a fucking giant bluepilled bitch.

>Only way to escape is to do your own research, and that's a skill that's sadly lacking in society outside of Laotian candle making forums.

it would eventually be globe straddlin

>so many memories, lost like tears in the rain
>oh well
>time to die

seriously though he looks exactly like rutger hauer, from blade runner

We know that. We just dont acknowledge it. Like how you guys dont acknowledge the first anglos being from africa

Need a cspan of the congress session where he beats a would assassin almost to death with his cane

>Rothschilds

This is a misconception if you're referring to what I think you are which is about the Napoleonic Wars.

The Napoleonic Wars were going to happen regardless, due to rivalry between the British and French & the Third Coalition which saw half of continental Europe wanting him dead.

The Rothschild did, however, side with the British and put enormous amounts of money on their side, but they had their own motives for that. Some conspiracy theorists have alleged they STARTED the war but that's the disneyfication of history.

Many members of the family did later become MPs though, this was once the family gained more prominence in the mid to late 19th century though. At the beginning of the 19th century, laws against Jews were still relatively harsh and the Rothschild weren't as rich as they'd later be.

Julius Caesar

Where did you get the African bit from? Presumably from the fact that there were North African Legions stationed on Hadrian's Wall under the Romans, but they were very likely not Black.

But we're talking about the founding of a nation, not a race.

What would you reccommend I read to learn more about early American history? I would reccommend Common Sense of you haven't read that yet, it's very inspiring (although perhaps it wouldn't have the same effect on you). I've also picked up The Life of George Washington by John Marshall which is a very interesting read.

The American revolution was literally about nationalism and nothing else, though. The fact is you were 3 months away and we had half your population and 3x your land - you weren't worthy of being our master.

Is that legitimate? I know there's a death mask for Caesar's nephew/son Octavian Caesar, but not Caesar himself. He was stabbed between 25 and 35 times, would he be in a state to do a death mask? His body was almost immediately burned.

What a smug mofo

look like that priest guy from berserk

he wa stabbed in the back 25-35 times his face was left

He lived long enough to see all his works go to the dust, no wonder he looks so sad.

so smug

Great statesman and theorist but not a good president and he knew about it.

You didn't have half of our population, The colonies had 200,000 people where as London alone had around 23 million people by the start of the 19th century.

You also didn't have 'half' of the land. You had a much, much, much smaller amount of land than Britain had.

For two reasons: 1. you were a loosely associated connection of colonies in that era, and not the whole US which was largely still Native territory belonging to various tribes

2. The British Empire was, quite literally, MASSIVE. And British citizens could travel and often held land in other parts of the empire, some even as close as Ireland until the rebellions.

Shit, we could be here all day. Blue lattitudes, Confederates in the Attic, Civilities.

But what I've always done is research things such as political parties, letters (in the Civilities there's a lot), laws and stuff of that nature. It allows you to understand society and how people viewed the world at that time.

If you bring this up with most leftists claiming America wasn't a white country, they'll look at you with a blank expression

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalization_Act_of_1790

It's a shame that the men in power had the decency to realize that then but not now.

Holy shit its George Galloway

It was Sam Adams who turned the British into America's eternal enemy. I recommend Alinsky's take on that one from Rules for Radicals.

With that said, America does have a unique cultural identity, don't listen to the haters.

kek

dat nose

Also the American Revolution wasn't about Nationalism either, otherwise they'd have remained a British colony.

'American' wasn't an identity, it was a race of savages who occupied the American continent. If you lived in 18th century or early 19th century America, you'd identify as the European nationality your ancestors came from.

The American Revolution was about not being satisfied with British citizenship which was modified and differently applied to other parts of the empire.