Not again! US Navy ‘stealth’ destroyer towed into port after another breakdown

>Built at a cost of more than $4 billion, the high-tech USS Zumwalt only made it to the Panama Canal while on its first journey to its home port of San Diego. A malfunction left the warship in need of tugboats so that it could reach the closest port, where it remains under maintenance - AGAIN!

rt.com/usa/367866-uss-zumwalt-stealth-break-down/

SAY IT WITH ME

SUPERPOWER NUMBER TWO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8XPxxWBY0v0
discord.gg/3Sz4uHW
youtu.be/0uqjznmTp80
reuters.com/article/us-iraq-war-anniversary-idUSBRE92D0PG20130314
youtube.com/watch?v=zrv78nG9R04
twitter.com/AnonBabble

who do you suggest is number one?

china? really nigger?

russia? seriously hans?

>really?
>seriously?
>the Sup Forums-equivalent of "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME"

Oh I'm laffin

>if something new has a big price tag it must be absolutely perfect straight out of the gate
get back to us when your country has more than functional tanks than the average African country, Muhammad

>Decide to build the most expensive and powerful x ever
>Hire whoever says they can do it cheapest
>Keep extending the budget when they reveal they were lying

When will governments realise that's not how you get quality?

American engineering everyone

The US military didn't lose. The US government forbade them from striking any decisive blows and eventually withdrew from an advantageous position when communism-friendly Democrats won a majority in Congress.

Don't confuse the internal conflicts of the US government with actual ineffectuality of their military.

>"It's only a victory if wikipedia if we move the goalpost in our favor"

You can fuck of right about now.

You can study English about now. This post was gibberish.

That's what you get for naming your destroyers after some fucking Jew.

Why do they make low polygon ships in 2016

The real irony is that Zumwalt didn't want the Navy to rely on super expensive over-engineered money sinks for everything, and instead advanced the idea of the "high-low navy", i.e. the Navy also needed cheap, rugged, simple ships to do the grunt work. Having that thing called the "Zumwalt" is like having the money supply controlled by a private banking cartel and then putting putting Andrew Jackson's face on one of their bills.

>burger boat breaks like the piece of shit it is
>no one is surprised

How did they find it?!

Literally this

underrated

Obviously you've never:

A) Commissioned a Navy ship.
B) Never built anything complex or managed a large project

These things are normal.. Just because its commissioned doesn't mean its battle ready dumbass.

Damn Zumwalts if they just fucking worked we would be crushing it.

Isnt this prototype?
And what exactly broke down?

>rt

This shit happens with first of a kind builds.

>Don't confuse the internal conflicts of the US government with actual ineffectuality of their military.

I disagree because the political system is always a factor in every countries military. Sun Tzu talked about this.

BRRT!

>A tank with no combat experience is the best.

youtube.com/watch?v=8XPxxWBY0v0

>Shocking video shows ISIS destroying US-made M1 Abrams tank

Is it true they can't even afford ammo for it?

There's a reason it's called a "shake-down" cruise
It's not operational yet.

On the other hand Russia's only carrier(which has been "operational" for 30 years) can't even go 10 miles outside of their homeport without breaking down.

Just look at every other ship in the US Navy. They're patrolling the world without a problem. No other country is controlling international shipping. Even China doesn't dare go past the south China sea.

Fucking defense contractors can suck so many dicks. Why are there so many money sink projects?

That's true for European NATO countries.

Look at Germany. They don't have a real army.

Even the Russian army is better than Germany. That's saying a lot considering the Russian army has more soldiers getting killed in rape incidents than in war.

>believing in NATO propaganda

Russia has subs the USA can only dream of.

>30mm
>piercing 400mm armor
lol

Read Colby's biography. The war was a failure on many levels just like Korea.

>believing Russian propaganda
I'm sure Hitler told your Grandma the same thing in 1939. The Germany Navy was only effective for a couple of months until counter-submarine warfare destroyed their fleet.

The US Navy has more subs than Russia. I mean real submarines, not the North Korean "submarines" that have not ever been used before. Submarines can only last so long before they become either useless or killed.

>The Sun
>Pro EU army propaganda

Fuck off Klaus.

of course US army shit brakes down when you fill your ranks with niggers, spics, women and more niggers.

Yea, yea...Boring.

is the armata fake as well?

>German
>Military
I don't understand how that's relevant.

US Army is sent to train "rebels", the rebels threaten to cut their heads off, and the soldiers go back to Turkey. The next day they came back to train a different "rebel" group.

What's wrong with that?

>implying

Fuck off, kid. Russia will whip your ass. The world can't wait to witness it.

India dude

im not pro american but you sound like a russian shill if ive ever seen one

Because that way, they get lots of money.

discord.gg/3Sz4uHW
discord.gg/3Sz4uHW
discord.gg/3Sz4uHW
discord.gg/3Sz4uHW

What "armata"?

Take a break from RT propaganda and look at the facts. Russia cannot win a real war with no navy and an Army that uses the same equipment their grandfather used.

They face too many issues with desertion and rape to ever fight a real war. Seriously, their conscripts get raped by their officers.

how was Korea a failure? South Korea looks bretty comfy compared to North Korea

US have never won anything on their own FACT

It looks advanced.

China technically has a larger economy than you. Russia has (far) more resources. It will be interesting to see how things play out within the next decades.

Euros dont have their own military power so for some reason they show off ours when trying to insult murkans
Whatever makes them feel better i guess

The fact that there is a north Korea should spell it out.

I used to walk past the Zumwalt every day as it was being constructed in the Bath Ironworks Shipyard in Maine. I was pretty fascinated with it at the time and loved chatting with the shipyard workers about the project. None of them were particularly optimistic about the project and stressed that the DDG1000 is strictly an R&D platform and will not be the successor to the Arleigh Burke class of destroyers. They are integrating 16 new and untested technologies, many of which are not even slated for completion until the 2020's.

Because 30mm only penetrates 30mm?

This. X years from now many features of this ship will be the standard against which other systems are measured.

The jelly is amusing, however.

>Missile strikes across the globe

We have had one of those since 1994, its called Trident.

>www.rt.com

y must u shitpost from proxy Vlad?

thanks based leaf

>Make stealth destroyer
>Make stealth irrelevant because you can always just bombard the next port and be sure to sink it
>Or use a towing boat
Burgers, everyone.

no it can pen around 200mm at a perfect 90 degrees at best
it can detrack it and destroy its barel but cant actually destroy it fully

Again, I see nothing wrong.

That "general" was actually a Colonel.
He was an highly decorated Marine in WW1 and influential to the success of the Middle Eastern theater of WW2.

He was an expert on the middle east and fluent in Arabic, as he grew up in Lebanon and Syria.

What's wrong with that?

When we arrived in Korea only a small pocket existed outside of commie control. Where exactly do you think we went wrong?

I mean obviously we got taken surprise by over a million chinese troops marching dark to dark but what should we have done differently? Invaded China?

>we weren't the ones who split Korea up in the first place

youtu.be/0uqjznmTp80

>They are integrating 16 new and untested technologies
No wonder it broke down, jesus christ

Africa has far more resources than all combined.

Are you saying the KANGZ are gonna rule the white boys now?

US still has weaponized unmanned drones and other tech that far outplays China and Russia. Going to war would also cripple their economy since they depend on America and Europe to survive.

By the same logic, the Dakotas and the Carolinas are failures too.

The Founding Fathers wept, user.

Fairly certain both the hull and propulsion are part of those 16. Bad combo if you want your ship to be reliable

Your army would surrender after taking 1000 casualties in 10 minutes, don't kid yourself

fucking USS nigger-"stealth"

You're thinking about modern warfare in the wrong direction. You're imagining taking ground, building an empire. Thats not what the US does.

The US ruins other people's things using imaginary money and surplus population.

We lost Vietnam, right? What did we lose? How did the war effect your average family in Ohio? At the end of Vietnam the Vietnamese had suffered. They lost millions of lives, millions more were nonfatal casualties. Their country ceased to function. The US lost a handful of conscripts and a couple bucks.

We lost Iraq, right? The Kurds who were loyal to us carved out a territory. The nation of Iraq ceased to be. Saddam and his sons were killed. The strongest power in the region was reduced to warring tribes in a failed state. The US...spent some money and lost some volunteers.

Afghanistan was a failure, we didn't bring them Democracy. What we did do, however, was exact a terrible vengeance for 9/11 and create a situation in which our troops and tech could behave in the region with impunity.

What the US has done since the fall of the Soviet Union is create massive chaos in Russia, China, and Europe's back yard.

Thanks to pavlov, all of you are my stealth weapons.

>50000 lost is "handful of conscripts and couple of bucks"

>The US...spent some money

$2 trillion.

reuters.com/article/us-iraq-war-anniversary-idUSBRE92D0PG20130314

>believing the "US didn't lose the Vietnam war" meme

Why were soldiers literally fragging their own commanders? Why was heroin sweeping the US forces? Why were ARVN soldiers completely useless?

Good thing it can BRRRRTT then

Keep an eye out for leather book bags and the middle eastern princess complex.

She'll suck and fuck as long as the ice stays cool otherwise she'll turn you into a terrorist.

I'd say that as of right now China would be more powerful than the US simply because corporations are flocking there because of the very little regulations and shit.

China has a freer economy than the US does, and it's why we're losing the battle.

50,000 disproportionately poor and black conscripts in a nation with nine digit population? What did the US lose? What lasting national scars were inflicted? We haven't had a Battle of Britain type event since the civil war.

Why do Americans get so triggered when people point out Vietnam was anything but a militairy success? The last video is priceless.
>B-BUT I WAS THERE, KNEE DEEP IN RICE PADDIES AND COMMIE BLOOD
Ya.. And you still lost m8, get over it..

Is it because the US has a comparatively short (militairy) history? People lose wars m8, unless they're utterly fucking irrelevant.. You don't see Frogs going all asshurt every time someone goes 'lolsurrender', likely because they have a far more extensive (and frankly, impressive) militairy track record than the US..

Compare that to millions of gooks dead and a country that still hasn't recovered from a war that happened 40 years ago.

An entire generation of gooks have irreversible damage to their gene pool due to agent orange. Let that sink in.

They are failures. If Texas seceded we would consider that a failure, too. Remember west germany? Failure until the Berlin Wall came down. Divorces are failed marriages not "kinda won this" marriages.

Oooh, fiat currency! Did my taxes go up? Nothing fucking happened.

No, West Germany wasn't failing until after the wall came down.

Reunification was a mistake.

China has a peasant underclass larger than America and treats them worse than negro slaves. The stuff they breath and touch reduces their life expectancy by decades and they aren't even allowed to kill themselves. Fuck off with your lolbertarian nonsense. We don't treat people like that.

Okay, then call it a failure to properly market the war to US voters. It didn't directly impact either us or any worthwhile ally, and the domino theory just wasn't cutting it.

>We lost Vietnam, right? What did we lose?
Respect, lots of money and (least importantly, I guess) a bunch of conscripts..
>How did the war effect your average family in Ohio?
They lost money, respect and (probably a bit more important for them) likely a bunch of conscripts..
> At the end of Vietnam the Vietnamese had suffered.
But they rejoiced in victory and were not conquered, coloniser or occupied by the US or other western powers..
>They lost millions of lives, millions more were nonfatal casualties.
Thankfully they didn't have birth control.
>Their country ceased to function. The US lost a handful of conscripts and a couple bucks.
Kek.
>We lost Iraq, right?
Volume 1, or volume 2? I'd say you definitely lost volume 2, though I could also say 'we' because muh coalition of the willing.
>The Kurds who were loyal to us carved out a territory.
The Kurds you're currently fucking over to win favors with Erdogan? Those Kurds?
>The nation of Iraq ceased to be.
Iraq is still around.. They just have this bit of IS going on within their borders.
>Saddam and his sons were killed.
Kek, the entire might of the US and its armies to kill an elderly chap and his kids, and you list it as a succes? m8 pls.
>The strongest power in the region was reduced to warring tribes in a failed state.
You say that as if the Middle East was ever anything other than a bunch of warring tribes. >The US...spent some money and lost some volunteers.
'Some money', kek.
>Afghanistan was a failure, we didn't bring them Democracy.
You couldn't have. Probably because around that time your leaders were not actually aware that Afghanistan LITERALLY is nothing but a bunch of warring tribes in a barren region. They're like a tiny microcosm of the Middle East like that..

And this guy thinks were the ones choking on propaganda.

>50,000 disproportionately poor and black conscripts in a nation with nine digit population?
>black
They were all true white american men,while niggers back home rape and kill your women.
>What lasting national scars were inflicted?
The one where the public will never,ever agree going to war,not even in your interest.
>An entire generation of gooks have irreversible damage to their gene pool due to agent orange. Let that sink in.
Those millions of vietoranges are moving,as we speak,to Cucknada and Cucknited States.

If it's truly a R&D platform then failures should be perfectly acceptable. You have to start somewhere.

> What we did do, however, was exact a terrible vengeance for 9/11
Kek, what? Afghanistan as a state, or Afghani as a people were responsible for 9/11? What the fuck are you on m8.
>and create a situation in which our troops and tech could behave in the region with impunity.
Literally tribal goat herders m8. Anyone could behave like a savage with impunity there.. That was basically their way of life. If American BDUs didn't stand out so much they'd have likely never realised you weren't natives.
>What the US has done since the fall of the Soviet Union is create massive chaos in Russia, China, and Europe's back yard.
It would be impressive if it had been intentional...

China has a long way to go, senpai.

youtube.com/watch?v=zrv78nG9R04

They already rull America so who knows?