What's happening?

What's happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gJE1XPRKxkI&t=192s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bumperino.

This has happened to me before. It turned out to be a Chinese IP address. They successfully got into my account and sent a couple emails. They were just emails trying to get my contacts to follow a link.

I don't know why 'government backed' was necessary, but I assume since they're Chinese that's the presumption.

They'll blame trump even tough he isnt president yet

Not Russia?

bump

Long story short, it's likely that the Chinese were trying out a bunch of contacts they found from a compromised 'important' person's email account. In all likelihood, you were not even a noteworthy target for them.

I think that's why my account was compromised. I was in the address book of someone else, and then they were trying to use my account to convince others to download some malware. I'm certain they weren't interested in me, since they didn't even change my password or pull any data from my email. They simply used it as a step towards a juicier target.

This happened to my sockpuppet facebook account. Turned out to be a Russian IP.

Well, the IP was Chinese. In theory Russia could have done it through a compromised Chinese server or VPN. But given the way the email was written, I figured Chinese was right. It was something like:

"Hello old friend - I have link that might be interest for you", and then a link... Dunno, I figure Russians would be smarter than that.

This happened to me before by a Chinese IP. Maybe government, maybe not, idk. Story time!

>massive weeb
>looking for an old Cytokine album that was handed out at an event--they later released a version that was missing two tracks, and I wanted those two fucking tracks
>Found a download on a Chinese invite-only member forum
>managed to get an invite to it
>download link was dead
>got mad, sperged, posted a ton of anti-Chinese government shit on the forum
>banned, email hacked
>Was never able to recover that email

This was about 6 years ago.

in soviet russia gmail hacks you

No proof they were govt. backed.

Not that I saw. But I got the 'government backed' warning from Google. I feel like at the time, they were in a battle with the Chinese too. If I remember correctly, there was some news about China hacking google and failing to achieve anything.

I felt like Google was trying to make a point when they said 'government backed'. Like, call attention to Chinese hackers... Sometimes it's universities in China, but we all know they work for the government.

>posted a ton of anti-Chinese government shit on the forum
kek

Happened to me once to. Turns out the IP was from a place called "Trump Tower" in New York

They're trying to prevent another Podesta fiasco. He was using Google Mail.

feels legit

Wow sure are lots of people in here who had this happen to them by a """"""""""""Chinese"""""""""""""" IP address

Really makes you think

Really activated my almonds.

Sup Forums do your part dislike this video
youtube.com/watch?v=gJE1XPRKxkI&t=192s

Fuck off you don't tell me what to do Muhammad

Kek this is almost certainly a phishing attempt

They probably wanted to see who you had ties to and think youre a paid propagandist.