Who rightfully owns natural resources?

Who rightfully owns natural resources?
You have 300 posts to answer correctly

god

me

Whoever paid for the rights to them, whoever negotiated them through treaty, whoever originally claimed them.

White people, duh.

the king
but only on authority of the pope

Me

whites

Finland
We have best memes

whoever can take those resources and claim them as their own, and ensure ownership through force.

e.g. if white man goes to Africa and takes resources, they are his and no on elses. If you want natural resources to be yours then build an army and take it back

Natural resources inherently and rightfully belong to solely to Teck Cominco, Ltd and I will fucking fight anyone who believes otherwise

>If you want natural resources to be yours then build an army and take it back

Fielding an army requires resources. How are you supposed to do that?

by stealing

>Who rightfully owns natural resources?

You have no right you dumb anglo, there are no rightful owners, only powerful people who dominate the land.

>b-but we used to rule the seas and the 7 kingdoms!

Well guess what, the only thing you own now is a plastic butter knife which is going to be outlawed soon too. Oh, and TV taxes.

WE

the same way the army who came to 'steal' your resources did. no group were spawned on this earth with spears and arrows

Who ever controls the mightiest army

Whoever puts in the work to transform it into something useful (implying also to have negotiated the right to do so with the partys concerned - primary the owner of the land probably).

Church

This.

whoever has them at the moment since they're either good enough at defending them with force or maintaining agreements with others not to lose them

Aren't rights made up by humans?
By all means can we all get natural resources, just pick up a rock. there you have a natural resource. It's yours now congratulations!

How many rocks can you claim before you're arrested for annexation?

you hiring?

Whites.

Whoever can seize them first from the state of nature and whoever can hold onto them by force thereafter.

Seriously, all other answers are hopelessly idealistic

Whoever forcefully controls them. Literally no other answer.

No one does since the concept of ownership and rights didn't exist before humans created the concept long after the resources already existed naturally. OP is a faggot praise space jesus.

This is the correct answer.

Who should rightfully own the land? The first person who claimed it? Why do they have any more right to it than someone born afterwards who never got the chance?

As many as you can claim without getting arrested for annexation +1 more obviously.

THA GLOBALISTS

Is this guy a real senator? Cancerous faggots who use emojis should NOT be senators.

I ave some gold nuggers

the people, that own the land that it resides under.

The worker who extracted them.

Whoever puts in the work to transform it into something useful. People who came afterwards are already profiteering from that work, so they got less right. The "first come" rule also minimizes conflict, which in my opinion should be one of the (or the) primary goals of a just just society.

>The "first come" rule also minimizes conflict
How can this be true when there is an entire school of political thought that believes that "first come" is essentially an arbitrary party seizing finite resources that could be distributed evenly according to the needs of the populace, and hoarding them?

>entire school of political thought

The school of shitty economics?

>finite resources

That's where you are wrong, kiddo.
How would this imaginary scenario even be possible, like suddenly someone uses up ALL the resources? And God are we trying now.
And I didn't postulate that you can just claim ""this is mine now", you have to actually, you know, do stuff with it?

>according to the needs
KEK, and from each according to his ability amIrightguys

>KEK, and from each according to his ability amIrightguys
Took a long time for someone to work out I'm playing Devils Advocate for gommies

>That's where you are wrong, kiddo.
Are you telling me Earth's natural resources are infinite? I can just walk out into the countryside and claim some land that doesn't belong to anyone else because it keeps stretching out forever?

WUZ

>Took a long time for someone to work out I'm playing Devils Advocate for mommies

Well played, sir.

>Are you telling me Earth's natural resources are infinite? I can just walk out into the countryside and claim some land that doesn't belong to anyone else because it keeps stretching out forever?

First I have to agree that land is a special case, and the most limited resource there is right now. And I think the current model of you can just keep land for an infinite time because you have a claim on it is wrong, also for that reason. You should lose the right to it if you don't use it or at least have some people on it to defend it, and even then should only be accepted by society for like a national park or something (which also requires care and maintenance). But in the future we might even produce land (on the sea) or conquer space which brings me to
second resources are finite, but for practical purposes potentially "infinite". Oil and Uran were for most of human history garbage or even dangerous, until we found a way to use them. We do find new ways to utilize our environment or even find stuff we didn't know even existed, and we will continue to do so.

whoever has the power to take it.

Who ever is strong enough to take them.

Who ever owns the land

God.

Nobody.

Whoever takes it first. Possession is 99% of the law.

KANGS

> rightfully
Not you.

Igor and Grichka Bogdanoff

sheeeeit

Whoever can completely control who does and does not have access to them

The public.

The government