Spacegate

The last thread was so much fun. Brianna Wu, professional victim and upcoming congressional candidate thinks we should invest in a moon gun to "drop rocks" from space.
mobile.twitter.com/Spacekatgal/status/836644736492519424

Why would someone who complained about being bullied all their life, wasn't to destroy the world? Why would people vote for someone who wants moon guns over replacing failing infrastructure? Yes, the science is real but why do we need to invest in more ways to destroy the earth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/T9ByzEXY_VU
youtube.com/watch?v=_6vqFgEASx8
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment
youtube.com/watch?v=jOKf5r_JMAo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this did not take long.

It's only a matter of time before we discover the Moon's rich propellant deposits. Then we'll all be living in basements.

Does anyone want to point out that meteor showers are just that?

Fuck! That was fast!!

From my understanding isn't there a lot of helium-3 on the moon?

>verified account

Jesus Christ, twitter

kek

No, well. Can I just point to my pic related, and say that the theory behind her comments "is" there, but that her interpretation of it is shit? Yeah, let's do that.

Kek, delta V is the same speeding or slowing. The round trip cost of producing infrastructure, launching propellant, gathering mass, and bringing it back would astronomical (kek)
Pound for pound (of TNT), nukes are way cheaper

Brianna just learned about Operation British I'm assuming.

>nukes are way cheaper

And also far more reliable and less likely to hit the wrong target.

>From my understanding isn't there a lot of helium-3 on the moon?

I've heard as much. Until we develop fusion rocket engines, it ain't much of a propellant.

SHE DELETED IT AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Water ice hydrolysed using photovoltaics would probably be the best fuel to gather as of now

Does he not know how large the moon rocks have to be before they could survive through the atmosphere and do some actual damage? On top of that, good luck calculating the perfect trajectory for a fucking ROCK to hit some specific target.

There are plenty of realistic to "weaponize the moon", and all of them include nukes.

>standing on something while in free fall
>no tether

youtu.be/T9ByzEXY_VU

He could have magnetic boots.

The good news is I already live in a basement.

Magnets

Nano machines, son.

>On top of that, good luck calculating the perfect trajectory for a fucking ROCK to hit some specific target.
thats not even close to difficult.

the harder part is bringing up a rock out of the moons gravity well and propelling it towards earth.

with that much energy, you might as well just nuke the planet over 10 times.

Not gonna lie, former Trump voter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Trump crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the moon codes

Holy shit, how someone can be so stupid and unaware of it?.

I knew where this was going and still chuckled.

Wow such original thought!
Oh wait didn't Robert "Misogynist" Heinlein wrote about same thing 50 years ago in the "Moon is a Harsh Mansplainer"

i will see char the red comet try to astreoidestroy the earth
Godamn best timeline

>tfw born too late to explore space

>Firing something from the Moon is more powerful than 100s of nukes

Yeah if it's moving at 20-80% the speed of light.

THIS IS THE IDEAL XEMALE BODY. YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT, BUT THIS IS WHAT PEAK DEGENERACY LOOKS LIKE

I wonder if that monkey saw aliens up there.

The ayy lmao's would probably be troll enough to show themselves to that fucking monkey and hide from everyone else.

this gibbering retard hired a team to make an iphone game based on his ideas and this is the horrific result youtube.com/watch?v=_6vqFgEASx8

>not writing this post from the point of view of a
>hyperverbose and successful lawyer-philosopher

Fucking kek. This guy works fast

The moon is only useful for gravity assist. Kinetic bombardment can be done from Low earth orbit.

That's not the point of it though. She thinks we can "drop" a rock from the moon onto the Earth and it will easy to militarize.

So you say.

I'm already buying up cheap dust masks and painting them purple. I'm going to sell them to you idiots as protection from "airborne moon-based microbes" after the first attack.

Don't spoil it for me. "Low Earth Orbit microbes" sounds too silly to be scary.

Maybe it's accelerating?
That aside the guy is going to have a lot of fun after the first evasive maneuver.

I really hope he runs for president
Imagine it
>trump vs wu
>gamergate vs the result of gamergate
It would be the most cinematically ironic election in history

In all fairness, isn't she just clumsily taking about kinetic energy weapons?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment

>professional victim
that must be the thoughest profession.

>hinks we should invest in a moon gun to "drop rocks" from space.

I thought (s)he thought we should not do that, too dangerous.

>When you're so fucking dumb you think that deorbiting literally kilotones of mass from the moon to bombard Earth is less energy intensive then just detonating a nuke.
I don't think there's a single sci-fi that includes orbital bombardment that doesn't explicitely state how much energy it takes to deorbit whatever it is they're planning on using

Yes, and he read it last week coupled with an article entitled "God rods".

If I remember right, it's only about 2km/s delta v to bring something off the moon into its orbit.

This is ofc ignoring the 11km/s delta v required to lift the rock launching equipment off of earth into LEO and then however much it takes to rendezvous and land on the moon.

Heinlein's "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" has The Moon lobbing rocks at Earth as part of a war of independence.

>face
Jesus. Too good

>Does anyone want to point out that meteor showers are just that?

Meteor showers are mostly "rocks" about the size of sand grains up to about pea-gravel, I think he is thinking about something bigger than that.

Magnetic nano machines.

>the harder part is bringing up a rock out of the moons gravity well and propelling it towards earth

Doing an Earth-crossing asteroid would be much more practical.

But if you insist on using the moon, build a rail gun powered by a few square miles of solar cells or something, forget the "propellant."

precisely
except you misspelled he

Well, brian flynt is a retard and like all retards he believes he is absolutely correct about everything.

We need an orbital defense grid vs extra terrestrials. A moon laser would be awesome.

>can launch nuke rockets from space
>can't figure out a way to mitigate zero g

>Yeah if it's moving at 20-80% the speed of light.

Could just be yuge.

>I wonder if that monkey saw aliens up there.
>The ayy lmao's would probably be troll enough to show themselves to that fucking monkey and hide from everyone else.

Anybody a writer here -- I give you free idea of what happens when we meet the lmao version of space monkeys and think we're meeting the superior space race.

>"Low Earth Orbit microbes" sounds too silly to be scary.

Include a copy of the Andromeda Strain with each purchase.

>she

I'm more worried about the fact that he's standing just a few feet from the ass end of a missile. The blowback is gunna criperize him

Yes. Thrown rocks from space are sooooooooo easy to mistake from kinetic weapons.
I'm more worried that someone who wants to run for congress focuses all their energy on building a death star and female programmers.
American politics is going so downhill. Four months ago he was talking about repairing America's failing infrastructure, like patching pot holes. Now it's "we need to build moon guns to destroy the earth". We build boats that are twelve times over budget, and we can't even practice fire one round because they cost more than everyone on that boat will make in a year.

WHAT'S THE FASCINATION WITH MORE WAYS TO BLOW UP THE EARTH?

Char just wanted an eternal winter to force humanity to abandon Earth. In reality he wanted to protect Earth, even if it meant nearly destroying it.

The advantage to dropping rocks from the top of the well onto the poor bastards at the bottom of the well doe snot lie in the relative cost of the rocks, but in how much harder it is for your enemy to hit you in retaliation.

>This is ofc ignoring the 11km/s delta v required to lift the rock launching equipment off of earth into LEO and then however much it takes to rendezvous and land on the moon.

Amortize that over a lot of rocks.

>WHAT'S THE FASCINATION WITH MORE WAYS TO BLOW UP THE EARTH?

It obstructs the view of Venus.

If you have the energy to deorbit kiloton masses, then you most certainly can launch a missile that has the same yield warhead

Velocity has a greater influence on kinetic energy than mass. You would have much more destructive results from a small object moving very fast than a massive object not moving as fast.

Time for a talk for a Space Arms Limitation Treaty or S.A.L.T. talk if you will

i r8 8/8

They weren't the size of a grain of salt before entering the atmosphere.

youtube.com/watch?v=jOKf5r_JMAo

SourceAnon IS BACK

DONT LET IT SLIDE

STOP BY LEAVE A BUMP - SEE WHAT YOU CAN HELP UNCOVER FROM WHATS BEEN GIVEN

HELP FIND ANYTHING WORTHWHILE FROM THE LEADS

HELP A LAD OUT BOYS

>doe snot

Dammit all to Hell...

Shit ton of it. No use until we build a permanent base up there though.

it's the one way of stopping Australia for good

I'm sad he blocked the Twitter post, he actually got a physicist to do the calculations.
Thanks for the kek.

Why are you giving this dumbfuck ugly ass transgender asian-last-name-appropriating waste of space any attention

Sure. But you may not have a lot of Illudium Pu-36 for your Explosive Space Modulator. Whereas we know there are plenty of rocks. If you have a mass driver for slinging rocks, that may be a better option than buislding a lot of expensive bombs and using up all your nifty glow in the dark boomy metal.

>Velocity has a greater influence on kinetic energy than mass.

True enough, but still... think even Yuger. There are a lot of rocks out there.

Ina meteor shower, yeah, a lot of them are. Mostly dust and gravel from former comets that got ripped apart tidally.

no he wanted to forcefully evolve Earth's people into newtypes by eliminating any earthnoids. Char was dumb he should have just listened to his father. secession and independence is better for Zeon and spacenoids than trying to murder everyone else.

Checked.
Plenty of threads about bogpills and transvestites exist, if that's your cup o tea, Guv.
We are discussing interplanetary physics and a candidate for the U.S. Senate. Those are acceptable topics on this board.

>she

You don't need to be a physicist to be able to do neutonian physics equations.

To be fair he's totally not gay married to an Asian dude

We have enough uranium and hydrogen for multiple gigaton nuclear bombs. We have rockets capable of sending such warheads to solar escape velocities. I don't think future us will have any trouble shooting people in space.

He wanted earthnoids to all migrate to space to become neewtypes. He never wanted to genocide Earthnoids.

Nostalgia kek

I just realized that's what she thinks. that you can just drop stuff off the moon and it falls to earth, accelerating like dropping a rock off a building. fucking hell that's retarded.

Dumb bitch doesn't realize it would be a lot easier to just nudge an asteroid out of orbit than it would be to overcome the gravity well of the moon.

you can't become a newtype if you're already an oldtype. maybe your kids can, but really it's supposed to be successive generations of space living that causes the evolution.

It depends on the difference

Something 500000000x as massive going 1/10th as fast will do much much more damage than vice versa

It's actually algebra, if you find the right equation. That's not the point. He got called out on his crazy post about throwing rocks, deleted all the tweets and tracked someone down to prove (what he deleted) was correct.
Nuckin futs, user. I posted in the OP that I know it's real science.

>it's supposed to be successive generations of space living that causes the evolution.
Which is why he wanted humanity to migrate to space.

>It's actually algebra, if you find the right equation.
Is it National split hairs on Sup Forums day or something?

I didn't know, thanks for the info user.

Man his ugly fucking face is so spot on

> rocks don't break up entering the atmosphere

THROW A SPACE ROCK AT CANADA

> national split hairs day.
Well he's British and I'm American, so what would nations have to do with it? If you say 4/8 yet I say 1/2, it's actually referred to simplification.

He's so stupid. You fire narrow tungsten rods. A huge moon rock has so much surface area and is so soft that it would burn right up. It would also be difficult to target things accurately. Tungsten rods are the tickets bitches.

Best Korea with the bants.

fuckin magnets, how do they work?

fugg