Mandatory lurking period

Josiah Gray
Josiah Gray

Hey pol

How long is the mandatory lurking period? I'm on month 15 and still can't get anyone to interact with me unless I get digits. It's frustrating but I understand that it needs to happen.

My guess is 2 years

All urls found in this thread:

supforums.com/thread/124406815/politics
aljazeera.com/news/2017/04/north-korea-fires-ballistic-missile-sea-japan-170405005900793.html

Joshua Cox
Joshua Cox

Anyone hear something?

Bentley Moore
Bentley Moore

:(

Colton Howard
Colton Howard

AH NUU

Blake Smith
Blake Smith

I heard Macron likes to fuck cougars...

Joshua Fisher
Joshua Fisher

tfw never here for Iraq invasion memes, and spicey Bush Presidency I

Who let the new fag in?

Charles Williams
Charles Williams

:(((

Gabriel Gutierrez
Gabriel Gutierrez

I've been here 10 years and still get ignored a lot of the time.

Just post quality comments. Or bait. Either should get you attention.

Nicholas Reyes
Nicholas Reyes

Become an interesting person...
Your posting will reflect a well-formed opinion.
Shitposting is a martial art
some are born with natural abilities
Other need to work to improve.

Now Fuqqoutta here with your feelings faglord.

Luke Fisher
Luke Fisher

The mandatory lurking time is moar.

Josiah Gonzalez
Josiah Gonzalez

and still can't get anyone to interact with me

I had this same experience. Now, I post on like 10 threads at once, on an ongoing basis (keep the tabs open and watch for the red notification) -- I'll get some reply every 10 minutes or so throughout my time on Sup Forums.

tl;dr: Post more and you'll get some responses. Also, fun pics can't hurt your reply r8 m8.

Aiden Murphy
Aiden Murphy

Just shitpost and get good at it.
Good shitposting is a skill.
Bad shitposting is also a skill.

Ryder Mitchell
Ryder Mitchell

Okay user. Someday I'll come back here when I've learned more and experienced more of the world. Til then I'll continue to watch from the shadows

Joseph Gonzalez
Joseph Gonzalez

I'd rather have no one respond to me than be called a fucking leaf all the time and be the victim of xenophobic hate speech.

Matthew Diaz
Matthew Diaz

All you have to do is shitpost

make every post a shitpost and you'll be flooded with (You)s

Easton Thompson
Easton Thompson

This
Do some research about what we are talking about outside of pol read some books make yourself someone worthy of (you)s by becoming more informed that's what I did
T. Been here since 2011

Lucas Collins
Lucas Collins

Fucking leaf? more like fucking a dog you disgusting coont gtfo

Jordan Brown
Jordan Brown

xenophobic hate speech
LEAF

Jacob Smith
Jacob Smith

Reported

Caleb Brown
Caleb Brown

lurk moar is always the answer newfriend

t. Browsing the chons for a decade

Luke Martin
Luke Martin

I thought i made a funny post today and got legit no responses I was sad

Jace Howard
Jace Howard

Just post what you feel, who cares what other people think or if they respond. Stop being needy for their attention.
The people who tell you to lurk are retards, who just want you to be just like them and say the things they say. Don't, be like you, and speak up.

Tyler Brown
Tyler Brown

Get a Canadian proxy. People will say offensive and hurtful things to you for no reason.

Aaron Cook
Aaron Cook

Good. I'm done with all of this leaf hate on Sup Forums. Sup Forums is and always has been a Canadian website.
Keep fighting the good fight, humble 'pede!

Noah Rogers
Noah Rogers

stop posting "Sup Forums look at me" slide threads you insufferable faggot.

go comb through the Macron leaks and find something noteworthy

wait.... that's not why you're here.

William Jenkins
William Jenkins

Get out of here stalker

Robert Davis
Robert Davis

tries to be witty
is a leaf

I hope your country get's banned

Julian Mitchell
Julian Mitchell

implying that shitposting isn't just one of the many memetic arts

Blake Lee
Blake Lee

It's a test. If I tell you to lurk and you do, then you're not ready to form an opinion and defend it.

Isaac Wood
Isaac Wood

are you little fuckers part of the sagitarrius generation? not part of the millenial scorpio generation?

I'm from the libra generation, but shouldn't you shitty little truth seekers not be visiting shit meant for people above your age?

Lincoln Richardson
Lincoln Richardson

I can't even remember how long it takes. I remember looking like an idiot and getting no responses all the time when I first started posting on Sup Forums in 2008.

My first foray into internet commenting was on shoutwire which was like a digg clone I discovered because for whatever reason that website was on the frontpage of torrentspy. Anybody remember shoutwire?

Just keep lurking and posting when you got something good to say. After 15 months you should begin to understand the structure of communication we use here.

If you really need (you)'s use some pick of a big titty vandersloot in your reply.

Jose Jackson
Jose Jackson

wrong board bro

Nathan Sanchez
Nathan Sanchez

Have a (You) for that picture.

Tyler Garcia
Tyler Garcia

bots and cia won't reply to my maymay

Luke Martin
Luke Martin

i dont even get called on digits ;P I just post and move on, maybe I end up geting Yous and miss them

Christopher Lewis
Christopher Lewis

Get out of here stalker.

Andrew Wilson
Andrew Wilson

Is it a cougar at this point or a saber tooth?

Isaiah Peterson
Isaiah Peterson

I get comments all the time. Never lurked a day in my life.

You gotta learn how to b8 the faggots and cucks. Practice your skills, young padawan.

Michael Price
Michael Price

I would NEVER.

David Clark
David Clark

TFW Bong and can get (you)'s on the reg by posting bong related things in the nightly Brit/pol/ threads

Brandon Green
Brandon Green

this has to be the most feminine post I've ever read

Daniel Stewart
Daniel Stewart

make every post a shitpost and you'll be flooded with (You)s
OP is not Aussie or leaf; how can he compete?

Caleb Allen
Caleb Allen

True!

Hunter Gray
Hunter Gray

You came to the wrong corner of the internet to look for interaction.

Sup Forums is anti-social media.

Elijah Wood
Elijah Wood

I still don't understand what the RedPill is. Only because people use it in different way,

Sebastian Nelson
Sebastian Nelson

OP is a faggot

Eli Martin
Eli Martin

I c what u did there
Here's your (you)

Brandon James
Brandon James

I'm reddit-cancer and posting for ~2 years now.
I've made perfectly good threads that people won't post in. Sometimes Sup Forums is just very dumb.
Repost your thread sometimes - it's not a shame.

James Cruz
James Cruz

Aussies, some Canadians, and Floridians have the natural shitposting gene.

Sebastian Fisher
Sebastian Fisher

waiting for replies
shit post and move on that is the true way

Aaron Perez
Aaron Perez

trying to scrub your island clean by sending all your shit-posters to an island on the other side of the world

Cooper Brooks
Cooper Brooks

It's very hard if you don't intrigue people sexually or stupidly.

For example I post all this well-though out shit

And have barely kept the thread alive, so content certainly doesn't matter.

And I've been on the chan more than a decade.

Benjamin Collins
Benjamin Collins

spoken like a true leaf

Dylan Parker
Dylan Parker

this user gets it

Kayden Jenkins
Kayden Jenkins

easy, start a thread that triggers people.

Josiah Gomez
Josiah Gomez

I read your thread I think it's stupid because of all the Colbert threads. For the last few week the right have been trying to hinder free speech.

Brody Thomas
Brody Thomas

Use a proxy and make yourself a leaf, you'll get at least one reply each time.

Charles Robinson
Charles Robinson

post a bunch of bait, see the following

YOU MAD WHITE BOI?
HOW CAN WHITE GUYS EVEN COMPETE
ISLAM IS THE ULTIMATE RED PILL
WE ARE BEING RAIDED BY SHARIABLUE

instant replies every time

Jayden Foster
Jayden Foster

gigantic wall of fucking text
wonders why the thread dies
Break up all that content into 3-4 self bumps bruv
Niggas round here can only read 7 lines tops

Nathaniel Wood
Nathaniel Wood

OP smells like a newfag

Michael Sanchez
Michael Sanchez

Did the Colbert threads work? Did Colbert present truthful information, or did he use ad-hom and curse words? How much of it was fomented by shariablue and others, and propped up by the MSM?

Questions, questions..

Xavier Sanchez
Xavier Sanchez

God do you have to make us all look like fucking pansies

Levi Sanchez
Levi Sanchez

LEAF

Benjamin Thompson
Benjamin Thompson

Once you feel comfortable replying, go for it. Lurk moar is just a meme. I lurked on /b/ when I was younger, then moved to /int/ and was posting the first day, sameness when I moved to Sup Forums

Leo Edwards
Leo Edwards

When I came here everyone said i was cool and edgy. Maybe you just suck, like this faggot slide thread.

Christopher Ortiz
Christopher Ortiz

It took me less than 1 year faggit. I am not even a fluent english speaker. Use your memory a bit user

Xavier Nelson
Xavier Nelson

There is no lurk period. You either fit in or you don't. got my first bump limit thread about 1 month in on my second thread.

you could try
what did he mean by this
bane
what do you think of her body of work
Sup Forums BTFO
So........

or other popular bs posts but nobody really likes that but redditers looking to cross post funnies for karma.

Brayden Hernandez
Brayden Hernandez

.............................................................................................................Hey kid, want a toothpick

Easton Bell
Easton Bell

Gtfo you streetshitting leaf.

Charles Carter
Charles Carter

Macron is based. He can fuck any girl if he wants to. he's cucking his granny wife, I personally don't know what is the equivalent of the word cuck for women, but I am sure Macron knows

Christopher Richardson
Christopher Richardson

Make thread about Latvia. Latvian anons love talking about their worthless potato country.

Juan Jones
Juan Jones

can't get anyone to interact with me
That's your first problem. You aren't lurking.
unless I get digits
/r/catalog#s=eddit

Also, OP is always a faggot. And sage.

Oliver Peterson
Oliver Peterson

It starts with a few meme posts and some replies, but then you'll start getting into it with people.

Jonathan Clark
Jonathan Clark

xenophobic
Fyllophobic you mean?

Luis Hughes
Luis Hughes

ID Die Hobbit
Wrongo fago. It's not about attention. You're missing the whole point you reddit refugee. It has to do with seeing if you're qualified to be posting. People who lurk and absorb the culture understand what is and isn't acceptable behavior and what kind of posts are worthwhile. If you got some new information then by all means post it, but you should lurk until the board culture is second nature to you. You fucking manlet.

Gavin Watson
Gavin Watson

It's weird. The more reckless and "get to it" you write, the more responses you get.
Memes that took one hour are worse than five minutes if the punchline is better.

With shills around everyone won't be bothered to write long texts, we have so little time for bullshit yet so much time to browse.
Comments with a lot of substance receive a lot of attention, comments of just an inch less get none but a "huh, made me think".

Your posts may still be read by many despite no comments and in real life you often times want to feel prepared mentally to spout whatever it is you want said, shitposts remove this barrier because everyone is user, not a man taking the word.
The climate become a sober barfight with lots of shouting over the ones talking, but sometimes the shouts strike best.

Ryder Thompson
Ryder Thompson

Kek

Lincoln Howard
Lincoln Howard

Dude don't be such a fucking attention whore. Noone with any testosterone should give a fuck how many replies you get. That's your problem, you're saying things to try and fit in, or be part of the community. You are here reading, so you are part of the community. Your very awakening makes you part of the community. Just read what people write and if you know something that noone else seems to know, tell people. They might be like "fuck off fag" but pfft, give a shit. You're not here to win approval, you're here to learn or to teach, or to just take the piss and have fun. Either way, caring about other people's feelings and approval is what is making you weak and unsure of yourself. Free yourself of the need for validation and just be yourself. Noone knows who you are anyway.
So grow some balls, remember that you are a fucking stone cold hero motherfucker who's ancestors bought you an air of superiority, and call someone with a muppet view a fucking faggot. You'll feel better.

Daniel Campbell
Daniel Campbell

Making a whiny thread surely will help

Luis Anderson
Luis Anderson

This. Well said chap. Learn here how to address these things when they come up on real life.

Alexander Gonzalez
Alexander Gonzalez

Don't try to get you, just bee yourself

Nathan Collins
Nathan Collins

You can post as soon as you realize Hitler was the closest thing that 20th century western civilization had to a "good guy".

Ian Cooper
Ian Cooper

I've been here for years, Trying saying something thats actually worth a reply. Either something well thought out and constructive, or something ridiculous and bizzare. Please no Leafposting faggot

Noah Rivera
Noah Rivera

Just insult people, usually works for me.

Josiah Perez
Josiah Perez

true i got here this weekend.and started shit posting right away.i dont give a fuck what u fags were doing here before i got here and wont give a fuck what u do when i leave.

Blake Evans
Blake Evans

If noone is interacting with you without digits, you need to find more valuable things to say. You are nothing but what you say.
how long do i need to lurk
I never replied, let lone start a thread, for almost four years of lurking. If you feel the need to whine about it like this then it's painfully obvious you need to lurk more. Don't base your happiness/sadness/self worth on how often people interact with you. Quality over quantity m8. The reason Sup Forums is so shit is because people so many people want quantity. they want to feel popular, important, wanted, but they never provide anything of value that could ever be desired by someone else.

tl;dr
If you want to feel valuable to others, produce something of value.

Adam Walker
Adam Walker

Start talking shit to Indians.

Works every time.

Blake Bell
Blake Bell

(You) take that back!

Lincoln Powell
Lincoln Powell

fucking leaf

Logan Hughes
Logan Hughes

This is a good start.

Joseph Williams
Joseph Williams

What is and isn't acceptable behavior.
If somebody cares what a nameless, faceless person on the internet thinks of them, they are mentally weak.
If someone actually lurks, they are wasting their time and their life.

Thomas Gonzalez
Thomas Gonzalez

Make better posts I guess. Are you looking for may-may replies or meaningful discussion ? I tend to have anons reply to my posts when I post thoughtful content that gets the noggin joggin...

Andrew Nelson
Andrew Nelson

Oi fuck off with your Jew words you dog eating slopehead Leaf cunt.

Leo Barnes
Leo Barnes

lurking is a waste
There are always people looking to learn and people looking to teach. Lurkers are still learning. That's a good thing.

Michael Taylor
Michael Taylor

can't get anyone to interact with me unless I get digits
drink more and hate the kikes

Daniel Bennett
Daniel Bennett

reported for violating the lurking period. enjoy the van kiddo

Ethan Reed
Ethan Reed

Dubs!!!

Carter Walker
Carter Walker

One of the best ways to learn is to attempt teaching. If forces you to educate yourself so that you can educate others.
And maybe while doing so you fail at times and what you say is wrong or you make a mistake. It forces you try and get better next time.
It's very possible to learn and teach at the same time.

Robert James
Robert James

fuck you that was supposed to be for le pen

Noah White
Noah White

Holy shit

Adrian Hernandez
Adrian Hernandez

Those... numbers!!!

Joseph Rogers
Joseph Rogers

encourages newfags
steals gets from le pen

kys

Lucas Reyes
Lucas Reyes

Haha, I got gets for Le Pen already. She is fine.
And yes, I encourage newfags to not waste their time trying to be just like oldfags

Colton Nguyen
Colton Nguyen

For starters learn to put slashes between pol. Just writing "pol" or "/pol" makes you look like a FOB newfag.

Nathaniel Cook
Nathaniel Cook

I don't think so. I thought I heard some tranny near me shart out of its vagina and then eat it. Anyway, It's late, I'm gonna go to sleep, user. Good night guys.

Justin Bailey
Justin Bailey

Just start a thread with
IT'S HAPPENING
With a photo of Ron Paul and you'll get results. Watch.
IT'S HAPPENING NORTH KOREA BOMBS JAPAN!!! GET IN HERE LADS!!!

pic related

aljazeera.com/news/2017/04/north-korea-fires-ballistic-missile-sea-japan-170405005900793.html

Aiden Gutierrez
Aiden Gutierrez

Post your image macros! This was my first

Jacob Hill
Jacob Hill

For starters learn to put slashes between pol
p/o/l

Ethan Bell
Ethan Bell

Fug off nicker

Jayden Howard
Jayden Howard

Look another person who has an opinion that doesn't mean anything

Jackson Jones
Jackson Jones

Look another person who has an opinion that doesn't mean anything

Jackson Lopez
Jackson Lopez

this
You usually don't get commended for being reasonable or right.

Luis Thompson
Luis Thompson

Exactly, same to you

Nathaniel Richardson
Nathaniel Richardson

I'm not proud of how long it took for me to see what you were getting at. Shiet.

Charles Martin
Charles Martin

lookin for upboats in all the wrong placessss

Hunter Carter
Hunter Carter

Bait always works best, just get your sauciest Hilldawg memes and DRUMPF BTFO headlines and replies are guaranteed

Charles Davis
Charles Davis

Just post stuff that triggers the shills. They hate the truth so I would suggest flat earth and nasa discussion. Mods on Pol hate the truth as well and will give out 3 days ban like candy

Christian Hughes
Christian Hughes

I've been here since 2011. most people respond to attention whores. don't be one

Nathaniel Gonzalez
Nathaniel Gonzalez

/thread

Juan Rodriguez
Juan Rodriguez

Sup Forums didn't exist till October 2003. Usa led invasion was in March 2003.

Camden Watson
Camden Watson

Going off of this, lack of a (You) doesn't necessarily mean nobody is reading your post. You don't have to get dozens of replies for your voice to be heard. If you do just want interaction look for a general thread geared towards your interests or join a small, traditional style BBS.

Sup Forums didn't exist till October 2003. Usa led invasion was in March 2003.
Doesn't mean memes weren't being made about it in the months that followed.

Sebastian Morris
Sebastian Morris

Here op

Robert Hernandez
Robert Hernandez

Lurk until you get a 1M get.

Gabriel Thomas
Gabriel Thomas

Something awful was all over 7/11 pre 4chin

Eli White
Eli White

The 2 years of lurking is BS. You could lurk for 5 years and not know how to green-text because all you've done is lurk....and people would call you a newfag and tell you to lurk most.

I turned 18 a week before 9/11, just starting senior year, and shit fucked me up to the point that I was stealing malt liquor at lunch and drinking it in 4th period.

I started looking into conspiracies and I spent ages 19,20, and 21 looking at the various sites and message boards.

I was redpilled about:
9/11
Federal reserve
Illuminati
Satanic Catholic Church

Why the fuck should I have to lurk 2 years when I've read about this shit longer than most people on here.

Christian warrior against ACTUAL SATAN ARMY.....that was me a good 12+ years ago.

I lurked 2 months and said fuck it

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit