Every plot ever.

>Protagonist eats a lot

>protagonist is dumb but gets serious when his friends are in danger

That no pickle pee.

That no pump a rum.

that no pump a rum

that no pickle

fuck

>MC's powerful speech is really just the obvious things everybody should already know
>Other characters act surprised and dumbfounded

>ancient evil

>hot blooded protagonist
>cool and collected rival

>Edgy deuteragonist turns into a fuccboi
>"innocent" protagonist turns into a monster thirsting for revenge.

>protag eats a lot
>isnt fat or even romotely overweight even though they eat a shitload and dont move at all.

why is this a thing Sup Forums? inb4 I eat a shitload and im not fat. Bullshit a lot to you faggots is that you eat a single celery stick.

I eat a lot (as in no meals, basically constant snacking) but I'm a cross country runner and don't eat meat.
Protagonists are usually adventuring or some shit and can burn off calories.
Also japan has a very low obesity rate so fat people are usually token and not meant to be taken seriously.

Am I on Sup Forums?

Would you pump a rum in her pickle pee?

duh

And Sup Forums is on Sup Forums

>Innocent Protagonist gits gud
>Edgy Deutargonist actually becomes weaker

While it's true protags probably burn off most of their weight, in most cases they're not even fighting/training every day so in the end they probably take in more calories than they burn.

Especially since in Japan they like meat extra fatty.

That's not Ippo.

>>Edgy Deutargonist actually becomes weaker
That didn't happen according to that hahaha epic fight with the bionic man lel

I'd pump her rum if you get my drift.

THAT NO PICKLE PEE

youtube.com/watch?v=7xkj4XqaynU

This is taking a dark turn

You know what pisses me off the most about this "innocent MC" thing, it's how they always act so fucking clueless, and every time another character engages them into a conversation about anything resembling ideas and beliefs they stammer around like a fucking child claiming they don't understand what they're talking about.

It's so fucking typical Japanese, they can't let their protagonist have any sorts of actual beliefs except the most rudimentary "HURR I WANN PRUTACT POEPLE" shit because they are self-inserts. And then you get this stupid "what are you saying??" beta spineless shit.

What does the crow even do with all that shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=7MlHmCpnJIU

they like it fatty because there is literally no fat in any of their average diet. they wouldn't really notice this and think that it's the case no matter the actual makeup of the meal.
I mean, it could be. that's pretty heavily conjecture.

She's building a kick ass nest, I'd imagine.

There is a character like this in Kagerou Daze except they are that way because they have leukemia or some other deadly disease.

I love how the Chimera Ant arc does the exact opposite of what you think it's gonna do in regards to Killua and Gon. You think Killua would be the one who goes apeshit and Gon would be the calm/collected voice of reason because that's generic shounen rival/mc behavior. But it's the total fucking opposite, and it makes perfect fucking sense in retrospect. Gon is still a child who is thrown into this absolutely ridiculous world where he's constantly getting his ass handed to him, it's a wonder he didn't snap before then.
Meanwhile, Killua is calm and collected because that's how he was raised, into a family of cold-blooded assassins who NEED to steel their nerves in order to survive. It's great because I don't think anyone really sees this coming honestly, their upbringings being so different don't really click until this arc, sure, you know they're raised drastically different and that they're super young, but you don't even think about the results of taking those different lifestyles and showing how their mental health is affected when they're thrown into situations that would make a grown man shit himself

Fuck HxH is so good

>mad fatties being jelly that people have better genetics

>Villain: "Why don't you just give up already?"
>MC: "Being strong means not giving in when things look bad!"
>Villain: "NANI??"

Every time

What answer does the villain expect in that situation anyways?

>FINE I GIVE UP PLEASE RAPE MY KINGDOM

>self-destruct mechanism tied to the villain's life

>strong guy who could bench-press a bus and has years of battle experience and combat intuition is weaker and slower than a thin highschool student with no muscles at all who keeps his eyes closed at all times and hands in pockets

>Old sensei sacrifices himself using one final move to kill the big bad
>It doesn't even fucking work
>Villain is stupidly strong but also isn't smarter or smarter than a highschooler and as a result loses

Smarter or faster*

>character teleports behind another
>he's fast!

>villain is literally millions of years old and has enough knowledge to guide all of humanity to wherever it would want forever and ever without ever being known about whatsoever and enough power to crush the solar system into a singularity
>beaten by someone who has lived 16 years and doesn't know how advanced mathematics or basic physics work

That's one of the reasons I loved Code Geass right, it nailed this trope right in the head.

>Gon would be the calm/collected voice of reason because that's generic shounen rival/mc behavior
That's not it, it's a standard battle shounen trope for the MC to lose his shit over an enemy hurting his friend. The good thing about Gon is that he lost his shit in a painfully realistic way, he was essentially just a kid throwing a tantrum out of guilt and there was nothing heroic or righteous about it. We see him hurt his best friend and himself in the process, and there's no satisfaction in seeing him beat Pitou. He had the upper hand from the start, the fight was a one sided, excessive massacre and it doesn't even feel like a victory because Gon wasn't the underdog at any point.

Is that a meme I'm not getting?

It's a Dark Souls 3 thing

Right, didn't think that part through entirely. Though it IS still a trope for the rival character to be the one to lose his cool (ie: Vegeta, Killua earlier on) and go crazy. So it's still a bit of a surprise for Gon to have a breakdown like that, since up until that point, seeing a friend get hurt only really made him more reckless and strengthened his resolve.

Seconding.
Explain further. A specific clip?

Thanks, son.

youtube.com/watch?v=70GgyJAF8jI

There is a crow NPC that speaks to you asking for "pickle-pee" and "pump-a-rum", basically just asking for little objects. She starts off with "Me, me, pickle-pee, me, me, pump-a-rum", so now we call her "Pickle-Pee the Crow." If you give her something she doesn't want, she'll say "That no pickle-pee, that no pump-a-rum". The joke is that instead of showing her sad like her dialogue makes her sound, you show a pissed off crow with a knife in its beak. Imagine she's a gangster and you just tried to swindle her by not giving her what she wanted.

Pickle-pee.

It's an unseen crow that trades junk items against cool stuff if you put it in her nest. She greets you with a young girls voice saying that pickle-pee pump-a-rump line. It's a reference to an old child poem called The Ceremonial Band" by James Reeves, in which "pickle-pee" is the sound of a fife and "pump-a-rum" is the sound of a drum.

Isn't that the same mechanic as ever since demon's souls?
I don't get why make a big deal out of this now.

>Funny crow pictures are now ruined by a shitty Sup Forums meme
THEY CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

You know people will try waifuing everything remotely female and cute.

the address bar says Sup Forums

There are these crows that will trade you items for stuff you give them. They will say "that no pump a rum, that no pickle pee" if they won't accept that item. The crows have been around since the first game but it's picking up steam because "pump a rum" is lewd sounding.
It's pretty funny when they do get fat and have to work it off like they do sometimes in One Piece

I too enjoyed crows before DS3. It's a feeling so complicated loving both but realizing what this for crow pictures.

>protagonist is a euphoric fedorafag
>becomes less euphoric as the story goes
Fucking Yahari and it's shitty writing.

>protagonist remains static throughout the entire series despite all their hardships and suffering

>protagonist about to lose/lie
>sudden power boost

>filthy crossboarding scum shitpost on Sup Forums
>bring their memes with them

>Protagonist that is not a fucking retard
at least Sword Art nailed that part

He is though. The most retarded retard who only gets where he wants because the author wants him to.

>>Protagonist that is not a fucking retard
>at least Sword Art nailed that part
I wouldn't be a retard as well if everyone else in my world was at least twice as retarded as I am.

Pump a rum isn't lewd and is a saying in my cultural please don't meme about it.

what the fuck is going on with Sup Forums today?

>protagonist does every wrong decision imaginable and ends up with nothing in the end
>the series doesn't even try to bullshit a happy ending

>what the fuck is going on with Sup Forums this year?
ftfy. I can barely recognize this board now.

whos STR and whos DEX?

this goes to me as well but you go first because fuck you

The polar opposite

>antagonist is a horrible murderer who can't be trusted
>final battle ends
>protagonist forgives them

>protagonist is Sup Forums

Fucking Dark souls 3 taking all my time so I can barely watch chinese cartoons anymore, and now you take my chinese cartoon board so I cannot even shitpost about them neither.

FUCKING LEWD

>it's a Sup Forums episode

they like shiny objects

>deuteragonist was an edgy cunt who killed and ate others
>is saved by the person they murdered and is the only other character to have a good end finding true love with their saviours waifu

Just because you are getting raided by Blizzard shills does not mean you can come here Sup Forums

>character lets the edge consume him and goes berserk
>love interest hugs him
>he goes back to normal

Please
They won't stop
And the threads that aren't Blizzard are all either EA or Sup Forums doing EA's job for them

how about you suck my dong

Finds a way

How often is MC just "innocent and maybe naive?"

Seems like when you've got the ruthless edgelord deuteragonist, "innocent protagonist" usually just means a sententious retard.

Moe detective is DEX, presumably.
I think it's more that he's a lot less fussed about winning when he realizes it's Akane and not some government goon gunning for him.

God dammit.

>MC just throws her ass out of a window

Like what happened with Orochimaru and Kabuto? I mean those fuckers caused a couple hundred deaths each. Hell, probably more and then they're just allowed to go scott free

Why is Sup Forums so tsun-tsun for Sup Forums?

>evil gang of murderers who fuck up entire towns and kill children and shit
>MC has to fight them all one by one working their way up
>special episode to show their comradery and how they were all friends and shit
>MC finds out they were all friends
>WOW YOU WEREN'T BAD GUYS, YOU WERE SAD GUYS
>instead of fucking curb-stomping them for killing tons of innocents they just have some honoruburu one on one battle
>MC fucking spares them or lets them go and they die some other way

>Sup Forums
>Sup Forums

you can't be tsundere for someone who is dead and was replaced by Reddit. I don't like it but literally all of old-Sup Forums has moved on to Sup Forums, /vg/ or Sup Forums.
Sup Forums is now Reddit cancer.

CHIRP CHIRP

*pecks at ground*

CAW CAW

*sits on power line*

WE

*eats worm*

WUZ

*poops on people below*

DINOSAWRS

*flies into window and dies*

Is pet crow a good idea?

PUMP ITS RUMP

That's fucking hilarious.

>dinosaurs
Nice.

What are these "Sup Forums" and "Sup Forums" you're referencing?

Everyone on Sup Forums left to the chan that shall not be named in 2014. Only the faggots remain.

If that's true why is it fucking dead?
That entire shit was just Reddit making their own chan, because anyone who had been on here even in 2012+ knew about 7chan and 420chan already.

8/pol/ and 8/b/ are the old userbase from here. Every other board aside from anomalous is comprised of newfags.

Wouldn't call it dead

>That entire shit was just Reddit making their own chan
Is everything you don't like "reddit"?