People in Sup Forums no longer watch/read Detective Conan

>people in Sup Forums no longer watch/read Detective Conan
How is it possible, guys?

And why is Sera so superior to Haibara?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QYfOu3QZfsc
dailymotion.com/video/x20ht02_detective-conan-opening-38-greed-hd-by-knock-out-monkeys_shortfilms
detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/manga
gist.github.com/anonymous/6f1007abb1e71ad746946d4aa8291f8e
xerblade.com/p/detective-conan-important-episode-list.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Has it made any progression with the main storyline since like the first 100 chapters?

>Conan knows the identity of several members of the organization
>has a 'weapon' able to summon the boss of the organization
>has contact with FBI
>he's able to be Shinichi again in certain circumstances

Because it's been going on longer than some of us have been alive

But is it fair to say that it's still 99% murder of the week?

Obviously. Those are great.

I read the first few chapters once a few years ago, thought it looked good, and then I realized it was still going after 20 years and the dude was still a kid. I figured I should save myself the frustration of what would probably be zero plot progression.

If you are only interested in plot progression then you did good, I guess. But you are also missing a lot. Non-progress episodes are great and the culprit tricks are fascinating almost always.

sera > kazuha > ran > sonoko

Is he still knocking out Kogoro Mori every time he solves a case?

That guy must have cerebral palsy by now.

>Sera > Kazuha > *
Best taste I've seen in Conan threads.
Good job.

>no Haibara

It's been toned down for a while now. Gosho must've gotten tired of it. Nowadays Conan just walks into the scene questioning people and searching around when someone dares point he's a kid, the police officers just ignore it or go "It's fine, answer him already."

I wonder how many people have been murdered in the Manga over the years

277 cases so far, that should give you some rough idea. Although there are a bunch of cases where multiple people die and some where no one dies at all.

>How is it possible, guys?
Sera happened. Instadropped.

>Has it made any progression with the main storyline since like the first 100 chapters?
Last I checked (over 10 years) it was >But is it fair to say that it's still 99% murder of the week?
When was it ever not that?
The show remains one of the most popular franchises (both TV and movies) and the anime company has nailed how to do the filler episodes in a way they are entertaining.

And Aoyama intends to milk it for all it is worth.

Those filler episodes are still often leagues above what your average shounen anime company produces qualitywise.

Anyway, what is your favourite episode, Sup Forums?

The Ghost Ship/"Bad Apple" finale is probably the high point of the anime, even if the manga might have had newer chapters since that might be better

I suppose a death count of 300 would still be believable

Kindaichi, Shinichi, the Q class and Nero walk in on a hotel.
What happens?

She is in her own tier

You know, quality-wise, it's not a bad series at all. Does it drop off later? I only read to volume 17 or so.

The official english translation was pretty good, too.

And yet Mouri has never been investigated as a potential mass murderer despite probably showing up in about 50% of the murder cases in Tokyo

>Anyway, what is your favourite episode, Sup Forums?
That flashback one when Shinichi and Ran were in a plane and the murderer used a metalic piece in her bra to kill a photographer.

>yfw Mouri was the mastermind villain all along

>Anyway, what is your favourite episode, Sup Forums?
Either Ghost Ship or Mystery Train. Not counting BO cases then it's Moonlight Sonata.

>Favorite
>Just one

Moonlight Sonata had best trap ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=QYfOu3QZfsc
Comfiest OST in anime.

The hotel dies.

Anyone have a list of skippable chapters?

Not really. It's still great.

Sure, the filler is not bad, the series wouldn't be the same without it. But since I started reading this series since I was 12-13 years old and it's currently 900 some chapters long, I think it's fair to say that Gosho is simply milking it. It's not going to end until he retires, then he'll shit out a terrible ending where Shinichi has a Hollywood showdown with the man behind it all instead of showing Shinichi slowly track down and outwit the Organisation the way it SHOULD be done. It's not believable to me that criminals with as much power as the guys in black will be done in in one big showdown with FBI backup.

I haven't read it in a while though, so tell me honestly. Do you really feel that the story is making progress, or are you simply reading it because you like murder mysteries? I pick it back up occasionally and read 50~ chapters before getting my fill and stopping, so there's no shame in that, but at least admit it. Don't pretend the story is moving if it's not.

Just read everything.

>Kindaichi, Shinichi, the Q class and Nero walk in on a hotel.
>What happens?
The hotel manager gets killed and the killer is Adachi

>Not counting BO cases then it's Moonlight Sonata.
Moonlight Sonata is a masterpiece.

>Moonlight Sonata had best trap ever.
Was it a trap or trans? Can't remember at the time if she switched genders just for the sake of revenge or there was another motivation?

Most memorable? There is half a dozen cases of early Conan that were quite clever despite being filler.
I wanted to avoid cheating and mentioning Kaito Kid cases as those are always top tier (and Kaito now got his own anime series, even if the manga is on hiatus/intertwined with Conan's release schedule now)

Quick, what's the best OP in why is it GREED

dailymotion.com/video/x20ht02_detective-conan-opening-38-greed-hd-by-knock-out-monkeys_shortfilms

I read it beacause i love murder mysteries a lot and I won't lie, the story progression has always been quite slow. But recently (I'm talking about the last chapters, 935-959) it sure feels like the story is moving in almost every case (except the arc we currently are) and things are happening. Also, now that Gin is interested in Kogoro Mouri something big has to happen no matter what.

He switched just for revenge as you said.

Gosho already has the end written in safe. It's been that way for ages now.
Oh, the plot is moving, it's definitely moving. Not really much faster or slower than the usual, but it's progressing.

>Not Magic or almost every B'z OP.

Guy was hot as fuck and he was instakilled. So sad...

Most stuff 22+.

Very few exceptions before that.

It feels like he's making progress. Conan is currently tracking down the second hand man to the boss of the black organization, so he's pretty close I would say. Though pretty close means probably about 400 more chapters.

My only real complaint with the series is there's too many spies in a black organization. I really wish bourbon wasn't a spy but instead of member who has his own agenda which leads him to temporarily teaming up with Conan at times like Vermouth

I understand that, but I'm just a little happy knowing that he's now very unlikely to end up dead or behind bars by the end of the series

Well, it's not like this is unexpected behaviour by the author, 15 years ago he was claiming he'd be done in 10 years and instead the show has become too big to fail/to be allowed to change its status quo (locked in time like a Doraemon with a higher homicide rate).

The bigger issue to taking it seriously in any shape or form is that given how many winters and summers we have had canonically (ignoring other factors like technology having advanced or publishing dates) several years have passed by now yet conan is still in grade school.

I know they made a (pretty badly executed) OVA dealing with that idea but honestly by now Ran would have dropped Shinichi and moved on.
Similarly, Shinichi or the FBI (whoever gets there first) would have solved the case or the organization would have become untraceable (at least for Shinichi) leaving him shit outta luck and effectively living out the rest of his life in his fake identity.

Whoever is still expecting resolution from the show is deluded, I wouldn't be surprised if Aoyama has the ending written already in case of him dying and it has changed from his initial concept (probably with Shinichi being able to become Shinichi again) to something more bittersweet where Shinichi and Haibara do a great deal to help the FBI dismantle the organization but they are told getting back their former lives would be suicide and they are included "officially" in the FBI's protection program, with Conan at some point "adopted" by his parents so the anime can continue indefinitely with the case of the week even after his death.

Which of the girls being less relevant by every chapter (at this point I wouldn't be surrprised it's Ayumi just to troll with the fandom)

Let's do some review here. Conan has contacts with

>the FBI
>the CIA
>the Japanese Secret Police
>the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Force
>every major prefectural police force in Japan
>a handful of independent geniuses, including a master of disguise, two scientists, and several celebrities

And that's in addition to having the Boss's phone number. Meanwhile, the Black Organization seems to be made up of

>some mysterious leader
>some one-eyed faggot
>an amnesiac psycho who's been fooled several times
>a bungling sidekick
>two professional snipers constantly outdone by a guy who isn't even a professional sniper
>a disguise artist who has a hard-on for Conan and his waifu

There is literally no reason that Conan can't use his considerable resources to crush the BO in one swift stroke.

Eisuke please come back.

>but honestly by now Ran would have dropped Shinichi and moved on.
But not even a year has passed yet.

You guys are forgetting the biggest trump card of them all.
Shinichi's father.
He'd probably solve everything in two episode in a happy ending for everyone;

Didn't they mention that one time? When Conan found out the boss's phone number he was going to send it to Takagi to trace it but Haibara said if he did that Takagi would be dead by the end of the day because of all the spies they have in the police force and then the phone number would be useless.

>But not even a year has passed yet.
Did you ignore all the other shit I mentioned about time in the show?

Hell, even if we are talking about no timeskips between chapters I am pretty sure just by how many on-screen day and night cycles have passed (and I mean specifically in the manga) we should be at least 3 years, putting Conan in middle High.

Honestly, I wonder why the hell the author keeps her around at this point, he could have put her on a trip to the US or something

Anyone noticed how Ran doesn't pick Conan up anymore? That was turned my on su fucking much when I was a kid

Easy way of extending the demographic.

There's a lot of other trope females to appeal too.

>Shinichi's father.
>He'd probably solve everything in two episode in a happy ending for everyone;
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the ending is Kaito Kid robbing the organization and them blundering their way into Nakamori's hands with Conan and the FBI just looking shocked in complete disbelief as Nakamori takes the credit.

please reply

Which is the best movie?

So far I've watched the Crossroad in the Ancient Capital and The Lost Ship in the Sky. Lost ship was better, but only because of Kaitou Kid.

I meant Ran specifically.
We have new potential love interests by now to take over.

Which is fucking retarded, because at this point, the Black Organization is made up of like 30% moles.

Nah. If nothing else the manga is extremely predictable doesn't do that kind of bullshit. All the plot twists have been seen coming for hundreds of chapters before they were revealed

>Anyone have a list of skippable chapters?
For the manga nope.

For the anime I recall there being an "manga-only chapters" torrent but no idea how up to date it is/when it was last updated.

Lost Ship is good. I loved last wizard of the century, detectives requiem, dimensional sniper, raven chaser, and captured in her eyes, and private eye on the distant sea.

Worst movies are easily quarter of silence, soccer one, and Magician of the silver sky. Silver Skies literally just three Filler episodes back-to-back

>last wizard of the century
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

Personally, any time Kaito shows up he steals the show

Because she knows he's Shinichi now and is just waiting for him to come out and confess.

I didn't see any of them coming other than the entire Bourbon arc because they were all Gundam references to their very core and as Gundamfag I'd probably kill myself if I missed those.

I thought Mystery Train was going to be Kaito's entry ticket into the BO plot, but he has yet to mention it since then.

didn't the author say he was done tying in kaito into BO plots after that?

I don't know if Gosho said that, but I prefer it that way, desu. Kid and BO together doesn't feel good.

I must've missed that. If so, I'm a bit disappointed, but I guess it was to be expected.

Post some Ran, please. non-slutty Sonoko is welcomed too

>non-slutty Sonoko

that's impossible

There's a wikia article that details it but it's by volumes
detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/manga

So what does Ran prefer, Shinichi's or Conan's little dick?

but ran is the slutty one

so only one volume is filler

>move on
>From a guaranteed to be successful genius detective who is already rich enough to live in a fucking mansion in the middle of Tokyo, has the world's greatest novelist for a father and a famous actress mother
Ran is on course to be the greatest long-term bettor in the world, no need to move on.

Is there a list of essential Conan episodes? I've seen these and those that came before the first: gist.github.com/anonymous/6f1007abb1e71ad746946d4aa8291f8e

Why the fuck would you only watch one third of Clash of Red and Black?

I do not recall.

xerblade.com/p/detective-conan-important-episode-list.html

Don't blame her. Shinichi has been blue-balling her for months now.

What the hell is this?

Not enough Kid.

The list of files in my conan folder which I downloaded many years ago.
Thanks lad.

Those videos are actually not all 20 minutes. The first one is 40 minutes and the third one is 60 minutes. So I guess they've been cut together.

Pic related.

Those have been fun, though

This.

Search a bit harder I swear someone showed me the page on the wiki where the relevant chapters were ages ago. I'm not too sure now but ehh.

Sera is the best.

>Deduction Queen in last place
Step your game up user.

Have both.

Can you watch over my loli for a while, guys? Don't do anything weird to it, okay?

What do you think holds people back the most from trying this series?

>Pic related
While one may exist, I haven't seen a method involving both the anime and the manga.

It's difficult for newcomers because then they'd be stuck with that meme shit of read the manga then rewatch what you like.
Who wants to do that?

Use the manga for quick and easy cases while still retaining the plot but not wasting time.

Where the fuck is my Ai

>people in Sup Forums no longer watch/read Detective Conan

I watch this show every day of my life.

She's busy...

Is that one of those 1000 year old lolis?

So the new OP is pretty fantastic

Too bad it sticks out like a sore thumb.