Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1553

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
docs.google.com/document/d/1pKgBm8Aa58mjB1hYhbK-VOPZsRBTXBuPBzw8Xikm2ss/pub?embedded=true

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!q5g0TZLZ!znkYF84EOe4PP_I2_5RJYw
mega.nz/#F!nARUGTyS!3aUmOKNpSJ2hdWhy6RnnyA
zhongwen.com/
pastebin.com/HWk3Nnm6
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=1973609
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

muh bad should be
まさか日本語が出来ないとかそういうわけじゃないよね

where the FUCK is her keyboard

Third for yuri, the purest form of love

She doesn't use one for aesthetic reasons. When she needs to type she just brings up the accessibility center keyboard

For yuri, the third purest form of love

For the purest form of love, yuri the third

I keep finding myself going through sentences and kind of understanding the gist but not feeling like I actually know what the hell is being said. I've gone through multiple grammar guides but I guess it's just not sticking or something. Anyone else dealt with this?

>Anyone else dealt with this?
Every language learner. You keep reading until you're good.

>yuri the third

何このアニメ

>Every language learner

Not really, nobody has this problem learning English, it must be the easiest language in the world.

Ultimately there is little point in speaking in broken Japanese between each other.

Unless we are クスポスティング

僕のぴこ

喰霊–零–

But typing Japanese does provide benefit, and everyone is just shitposting anyway.

It's not like you get corrected if you go post on Sup Forums instead or anything. You might get told if your nip is so bad as to be incomprehensible but you'd get told that here too.

In hindsight that was a dumb question. Anyhow, it's frustrating because despite all the shit on grammar I've read I still don't feel like I've got enough of a grasp on it. I've been through two decent length RPGs which of course have a lot of text and I'm currently working through a third. I suppose I've gotten a bit better but when I have such a hard time understanding things aside from fairly basic sentences I feel like an idiot.

I post in Japanese here all the time in hopes of being corrected. Its not like I actually have any nihonjin friends to talk to or anything.

nice image choice

yeah back when i started learning about a month ago and i'm only now able to understand short paragraphs

find some then. I met a japanese guy trying to learn english from annoying orange videos and smosh. he is also trying to learn english from twitter but picked up nothing but memes

I've been learning for about a year though.

>tfw you never post in Japanese because you fear using は and が incorrectly

Thanks, I really like how it turned out. I find it very fun to take a break from studying to do some amateur photoshop work now and then.

変速集団キャラクター ギャグ開発中

What the fuck does this mean? Been trying to figure this out for 20 minutes.

最近のスレ画画質高すぎ
やっぱり桜ちゃんのが最高だった

>/djt/
>studying

You don't belong here. Whoever is reading this, if you have already done your reps you don't belong here either.

Does Japanese Twitter have cool memes?

Why would you be here if you haven't done your reps? Get of DJT and do your reps

Man, it's so badly drawn it took me like a minute to notice that she's looking at her hand at all.

>Have done my reviews
>Chickened out of new cards
I knew I belonged here.

I'm not disciplined enough to do that. The only reason I'm still here is my hope that reading all those posts in Japanese gives me enough motivation to do my reps.

泥だらけ女の子は可愛すぎ

I was on the verge of giving up for a few days but all of a sudden my motivation is back. Feels good.

I'm playing Momipittan and pretending it's studying.

good shit user, keep goin

commas in japanese really fuck me up

Lucky you.
>almost finished Core2k
>still not even halfway through Tae Kim's essential grammar
>haven't done today's reps yet

I wish I had studied more

Due to things, I am going to end up in Paris for a few days starting tomorrow. Is there any interesting Japanese-related stuff to do there that any anons here are aware of?

Yes, seppuku.
Paris is a shithole, just like France. The French are shit too and so are the people who visit France.

Not only I've done my reps, I spent like 3 hours reading and came here to rest after a particularly troublesome monologue. Probably should get back to reading soon.

>Managed to quit Sup Forums for four months
>Read several real japanese novels, finally assed myself to understand the advanced grammar, finished memorizing the jinmeiyo, grades went up in college, got several friends and got into jogging and lifting
>find myself back here for the last week, haven't studied anything or jogged in three days

I fucking hate this place and myself.

役に立ててなによりです

人は自分の心を騙せない
お前がどれだけあがいても
大好きなここからは逃げられない
永遠に

I think I'm doing alright and then I come here and remember I don't know shit

Does anyone have a Backup of the Monogatari series? It got deleted in the CoR I guess

It's a tradition in France that foreigners, when in the middle of a crowded public area, should start yelling "Allahu Akhbar" very loudly. Make sure to follow this tradition or the French will look down on you.

Still in the CoR.
mega.nz/#F!q5g0TZLZ!znkYF84EOe4PP_I2_5RJYw - Bakemono to Koimono

mega.nz/#F!nARUGTyS!3aUmOKNpSJ2hdWhy6RnnyA - Owari.

I suppose you could look at french translations of manga or a japanese-french restaurant. But you're going the France, not Japan, so it's not like there's going to be much japanese-related stuff there.

Thanks Sup Forumsnon, made a stupid mistake and didn't found it therefore.
Any thoughts on it?

Nice blog

I actually haven't read any of it yet. Still working my way up to it.

They are pretty dank but they mainly post lewds. i follow some artists like null and they post extremely lewd shit. once someone posted a diagram on how to fuck a fetus straight from the mothers womb.

The fuck do you people do in this thread? Learn ching chongs? Do you also do calligraphy and shit?

We commit sudoku daily

Resting next to the table, you blind bat.

我らは一番美しい漢語を皮膚に刺青をする。

So I am going back to Japan to live for a year working in a lab in Osaka, which is where I lived for a year as an English teacher before med school. I only got to N4, but wanna buckle down and apply my med school autism-tier study tactics to Japanese.

Gonna open up my old Core2k deck and cry at how much I don't remember. Might even *gasp* get WaniKani again because i like it.

But for grammar has anyone used nihongo so-matome? I think I am gonna try it as I've heard lots of good things about it for moving beyond Tae Kim etc.

How do you guys keep up/stay fresh with your Japanese. I've gone two years without needing it/using it and watching the occasional anime or reading the occasional facebook post does not at all keep it fresh for me. Worried about losing it all again when I come back again

>I keep finding myself going through sentences and kind of understanding the gist but not feeling like I actually know what the hell is being said.
That's actually the majority of anki users ITT.

We string vocab together into the semblance of a sentence and compete for who can get their reps done the fastest so they can feel the illusion of learning.

>once

I know it's a long shot, but is there any translated resource that explains the etymology of most kanji, or kanji as a whole? Wiktionary has info on some of them but not all. I ask because I've always been naturally drawn to the topic in english, and I feel like knowing what the fuck the japs were thinking when they created/combined some kanji would help me learn a lot more than rote memorization.

>*gasp*
Don't do this.
>get WaniKani
Definitely don't do this.
> for grammar
Just read.
>Worried about losing it all again
This only happens if you stop studying. If you're only studying because you're in Osaka and don't care about learning Japanese apart from when you're there, then you probably will stop studying.

What are some good grammar books in Japanese? I feel like I might be able to grasp certain concepts better in the language itself rather than having English in between.

Why didn't they just create 5 extra characters for the "p" sounds? It gives me fucking eyestrain trying to tell whether I'm looking at 濁点 or 半濁点 in small fonts (e.g. in furigana).

日々練習あるのみ。
日本語の掲示板とかをたまに読んだりするといいんじゃない?

>what the fuck the japs were thinking when they created/combined some kanji
They didn't, 99.9% of that shit was done by Chinese. So if you want etymology you gotta look at hanzi.

What card layout should i use for a mining deck

Forgot the link zhongwen.com/

God fucking dammit, you couldn't make me learn chinkshit at gunpoint. Oh well.

you don't read the furigana

There's a basic one you can copy here.
pastebin.com/HWk3Nnm6

>pronunciations on the front

It's not on the front, it just shows up in that position when you flip the card.

Whatever you find to be relevant info. I just mine everything Rikaisama has an option for and only display what I want in the cards. That way I have the other stuff later if I ever want it.

Do you know how to put that line in, as shown in that picture? Right now I just have a bunch of dashes breaking up fields and it is pretty ugly.

>Do you know how to put that line in, as shown in that picture? Right now I just have a bunch of dashes breaking up fields and it is pretty ugly.
The formatting is all there in the pastebin. I think you are referring to this bit:

?

Yes, that is it, thank you. I missed that somehow.

I want to fuck a 日本人

Kanji are chinkshit, there's no way around that.
You can try genetickanji, they pretty much ripped off zhongwen and applied it to kanji, but don't expect too much out of it.

Hey user, if you are still around, I'd like to throw a few randomly selected short sentences/statements at you and you tell me how well you fell your comprehension of them was. These are all entirely unrelated to each other.

Pic related, if you are interested.

>once someone posted a diagram on how to fuck a fetus straight from the mothers womb.

muh dick, source

絶対にやってみて
凄くいい体験なるよ
私は結局日本人を彼女にした

日本人って... 男と女のことなのね?女を得るのは難しいので、日本人の男を与えるよ。

Oh my.

That user probably means paragraphs of simplistic sentences and doesn't understand the level of sentence you mean when you say there are ones you have trouble with.

俺も

especially this one - sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=1973609

I really enjoy the language; but it's hard (impossible) to fit it in around studying in med school. There are always Japanese postdocs and lab rats but they are always too bashful to try talking to. IS anyone at the level where they can read actual books (not light novels/manga)? I think that may be something not attainable in this life.

I need to find a VN that makes me diamonds so I'm forced into it I think.

>tfw a string of 6+ consecutive kanji

(笑)

gross

it was like two months ago i don't think I'll be able to find it.

Grab the DoJG anki deck, medsperg.
You'll probably get a lot out of it.

is it allowed to use a dictionary for kanji?
some of the paragraphs contain highly specialized vocabulary
I know what's going on in most of them and some of them like the last are quite easy and just describe mundane things

実は、ジュリアが好きなんです。変な顔のある女なのに...

もしかして、そのバカな顔は、西肉と東肉との橋のようなものなのかしら?

>彼女ないであの顔

but im a girl

ロ ン デ ン

>That user probably means
Which is why I asked if user was still around.

>some of the paragraphs contain highly specialized vocabulary
Not really and the reason why it was put in an image and not raw text was so it would be harder to use a dictionary. It is easy to make statements about comprehension, and all.