Visuals revealed for Berserk 2016

Airing July 1st

>animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-26/new-berserk-tv-anime-july-1-premiere-character-visuals-revealed/.102504

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-26/new-berserk-tv-anime-july-1-premiere-character-visuals-revealed/.102504
youtube.com/watch?v=cswv6JAdNpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QvzzTBJ3IgY
myanimelist.net/manga/92299/Berserk__Shinen_no_Kami_2
youtube.com/watch?v=NkYYYew8CUI
youtube.com/watch?v=UbQIgJagZZ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ok, I love berserk with all my heart, but those 3d scenes on the trailers looked like utter shit. Reminded me of stuff you would see back in the early 00's

Did you see AJIN's adaption?

I was imagining all the character designs moving in CG 3D and got grossed out. You really can't capture the feel of Berserk with his art direction.

TOO LATE

IT'S TOO LATE

I hate the pink and the green
HATE IT

>animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-26/new-berserk-tv-anime-july-1-premiere-character-visuals-revealed/.102504
>sword much taller than guts is

ugh

Well that's they're colors user, and it'll probably be toned down a lot in the show with all the grim and the dark

I don't want to hate it, but I don't have high expectations for it.

Trailers are shit you know
Why would they animate something properly when its not gonna amount to anyyhing

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP SEMPAI.

why is this industry so fucking cheap?
why can't they just use modern fucking technology, why do they refuse to modernize, there is literally nothing wrong with using good technology, why are the japanese so fucking stupid?

reminder that July is also when volume 38 is releasing and presumably we get a new episode.

I suspect all the 3d artist who aren't dogtshit are off making more than $6/hr at videogame production houses. Not to mention it's way less shameful than being attached to the anime industry.

Holy jesus, Guts looks atrocious in that visual. What have we done to deserve this travesty.

When it comes to animation, quality is directly proportional the amount of money being poured into a project. Frame by frame or CG there's no workaround. And considering the current climate of rampart piracy and general terrible handling of distribution its no wonder most shows rely on a shoestring budget just to work as a glorified advertisement for another product.

I am not saying you are wrong but the technology they use is most of the problem, have you seen the behind the scenes of some of these studios? they are using computers from 10 years ago, using at least decent technology would alleviate a lot of their problems and make their work easier but they refuse to modernize out of stubbornness

looks just like the manga, this is great

if I'm remembering correctly some shows are literal advertisements for other things (manga, light novel, visual novel), paid for by the company behind the original thing to advertise it.
Why pour a bunch of money and resources into something and make it great when you can just make it good, or at least acceptable, and still get paid?

>berserk news
>x/x/15/1
What the hell, isn't berserk really popular?

this is what happens when you shit on your fans every chance you get

Murica is asleep and the news were released more than 10 hours ago. There also isn't much to discuss, most people will just shit on the CGI.

So is it a sequel to the older anime or a reboot and then continuation?

Sequel

The weird thing about Japan is that 3d animators seem to exclusively work in the vidya industry. Ever 3d animated scene in anime is jerky, unprofessional intern garbage.

seemed like a mixed bag to me. some of the 3d looks great and some bits look shit. no idea if it'll be worth stomaching but at least the action will be good.

>july 1
>i start the first episode of new berserk
>after the opening scene, this song starts playing:

youtube.com/watch?v=cswv6JAdNpQ

>mfw

>all that fujo pandering in the designs

HE HATES IT

Isidro looks naked and stupid.
Also, they've got fucking Shiro again for the music, and are only having one Susumu Hirasawa track. Fucking hell. Did they not see the movies? The only good track in the entire film series was Aria. THEY'RE GONNA RUIN IT AGAIN

I want to ____ Puck

youtube.com/watch?v=QvzzTBJ3IgY
This is whose going to do the opening.
IT'S TOO RATE IT'S TOO RATE

Disgusting

>airing for my birthday
God must hate me. This adaptation looks terrible in every way.

I'm still not watching this shit. The movie seiyuus are fucking terrible.

PUT YOUR GRASSES ON
EVERYTHING WIRR BE WONG.

I just want it to be good, I just want it to be passable. Why must they do this to us. The original adaptation had a shoestring budget and that was great.

Is it all an elaborate ruse to get us to feel Guts' sadness?

None of you faggots have even seen more than 5 minutes of this show and you are already passing judgment on it?! You guys are way to winey even for Sup Forums standards. Maybe you should wait for the first episode to air and then you can judge.

>Whining faggots
Fuck off
Its been fucking 20 years since the anime
I'll take anything at this point
Besides, the anime is just a bonus, we've all read it a hundred times already, it doesnt add anything
And you havent even watched a single episode yet
This

Yeah okay, I'll concede to that. It's just that the PV's weren't too dazzling, and that never bodes well for the finished product. But hey, if they can surprise us all, I'll welcome it with open arms.

>Berserk news that's not a new chapter

No shit people'd give zero fucks

i will wait for the dub. Guts sounds so good in english.

Where can I download just this chapter?

myanimelist.net/manga/92299/Berserk__Shinen_no_Kami_2

Is it the same one that is part of the usual manga torrents where Griffith is told by God that he is a special snowflake etc?

Friday nights will be pretty depressing then I suppose.

Personally I wouldn't mind it but it would probably put new people off Berserk forever

get healed by

I LIKE IT

Lost children arc hopefully is skipped, shit is easily the worst arc.

End yourself, Lost Children is one of the best arc.

Have they mentioned if it's gonna start from the beginning and go through Golden Age or right where the original anime left off?

Definitely not Golden Age
There are several scene's from the Black Swordsman arc though,so probably everything up to the Convition Arc EXCEPT Golden Age

THIS
H
I
S

Actually it's the best one. Millenium Falcon is the worst

>Liking guts being round a bunch of shitty kids

>Smacks one dumb loli and kills the other

>using one as a living bait

That's what his team consists of now, yes. Also don't forget the retard.

>The same kid that retardely got in guts way as he was slaying the other kids and almost got herself killed

Fucking hate dumb little shits

I really miss the times where Guts could just go apeshit without having to think of his potato waifu
When is Kentarou gonna off Casca?
Schierke deserves Guts dick more then anyone

>kids in charge of not being dumb little shits

She's gonna get written off. Guts will leave her on the island healing, while he goes back to fight Griffith. The sad part is that due to time passing differently on and off the island, chances are that he won't see her again.

Where is the tennis here?

You retards wanting edge Guts only are the reason most anime/manga MCs are shit nowadays.

>edge Guts
My fucking sides
Are you implying that Guts have ever not been edgy?

Kids should be fucking scared of guts to even approach him.

Guts only knows how to kill yet the mention of him making friends or even being happy about it makes most underage pants cream in despair.

>Being this much of a dumb memer
It's almost as if you haven't read Berserk, but that's totally not possible.
you must be a well informed poster

I don't mind him having friends, just the little kids need to fuck off from him.

>rampart piracy

Jesus christ user.

Good.

Oh shut up retards, we all know the ratio of Guts doing something edgy far outweighs the times where he is not murdering everything.

Im not opposed to seeing him have some peach of mind and being happy.
But you guys are really pushing it if you actually think he wouldn't cut down a city of civilians if they stood between him and Griffith at this point

This guy on the other hand is someone who cries and says Berserk is "shouenshit" now because Guts actually have had some character development

Puck has my ideal girl body

>Guts is always edgy XDDD
>Oh no I meant he's only edgy most of the time XDD

>Literally back-pedaling THIS hard
lmao

>no vagoo
>6 inches tall
user seek help

?

>tfw they will probably never use youtube.com/watch?v=NkYYYew8CUI as opening song
It gives off such a powerful feeling. Would have been perfect.

Puck look good. I will fight you.

>DO IT FOR HER

Fairys assholes are stretchy.

It was hard to watch the movie with a hardon.

>no promo art for Lost children characters but for Falnese an co who appear later
What

Best Berserk. Because the killer is you.

>Eye going upwards as if it's an ahegao face
I can't take this seriously anymore

>generic rock shot
It's dead on arrival.

Absolutely not.

>But you guys are really pushing it if you actually think he wouldn't cut down a city of civilians if they stood between him and Griffith at this point
Could you miss the point any harder? This is exactly what Guts hates Griffith for doing. We are at the point in the story where his hatred is at an all time low. He's specifically not getting revenge right now.

He acts tough but wouldn't hurt anyone.

The animation in Ajin looked pretty bad for the most part
Some scenes were pretty cool tho

id love it if they would use Forces II in the new show. Forces I fits the band of the hawk, their teamwork and the happier times. Forces II on the other hand sounds sad, alone and brooding , just like guts after the eclipse.

youtube.com/watch?v=UbQIgJagZZ4

>You need have guts be surrounded with incompetent kids to give him character development

>Already have renders for Serpico,Farnese, and Isidro

They're going to skip Lost Children aren't they?

Believe in Teekyu bro

how the fuck does he aim and dodge with his eyes closed?

Why does everyone think this? The papal knights or whatever first show up in that arc.

>Two kids
>Neither of whom is incompetent

Do you actually think Guts won't harm any of Griffith supporters in his new city?

Guts has killed lots of people just because he was indifferent towards them

also
>Tells me im missing the point
>Guts is slowly becoming a domon himself
Whether you like it or not him and Griffith are a lot a like
They have different ways of doing things but ultimately their actions lead down the same road

They're total polar opposites. Griffith is the dark whatever, Guts is the real hawk (falcon?) of light.

Guts kills apostles, enemy combatants and assholes. He doesn't kill unarmed civilians, women or children.

There most likely won't be a point in the story when Guts enters a fully populated Falconia. Even if he did, he wouldn't just cut his way to Griffith.

Guts risked, and risks, becoming a demon. That's what senseless revenge would earn. That's specifically what he chose not to do, though. For Casca, and with the help of Schierke, he won't.

>Initial scene with Puck being harassed by Duke's soldiers.
>Guts enters inn.
>Raises his hand/crossbow.
>"Alright, so who's gonna jerk me off?"

>shrill, garish green and purple
Excellent choice for a dark fantasy anime.

Can't wait to see that scene with Puck actually being animated and voiced instead of just being a small drawing in the corner of the page. It will be greatly enhanced.

Those are the colors that actual knights wore.