Why do manga publishers and anime studios keep allowing the illegal distribution of their products through the internet...

Why do manga publishers and anime studios keep allowing the illegal distribution of their products through the internet? I thought they had the right to protect their intellectual property.

Because they get more sales this way.

It's the grand plan of japan to manipulate baka gaijin with their culture. Geopolitical influence stratégie.
And who's gonna stop it anyway? You can't even stop american to watch GoT illegally on the internet.

>muh piracy
eat shit OP.

I literally just fapped to that. Nice stuff, creepy best girl.

Because literally everyone in the industry started from doujin scene.

can't defend your right if it's on America's internet, LOL.

Cultural Invasion just like America is doing with their entertainment media.

They tend to only care about it in Japan.

I bet you would throw us all in chains if you had the chance.

Even Hollywood didn't know how to deal with piracy. What do you expect from Japan publisher?

Everytime I illegally consume a piece of Japanese media I donate whatever I think it was worth to the relief effort for the latest natural disaster God sent their way.

WE ARE ANONYMOUS
WE ARE LEGION

YORRRRRRHAAAARRRRRRRR

But they do from time to time catch source distributors.

>I thought they had the right to protect their intellectual property.
They do, they just don't have the capacity or ability to do it effectively.

sauce? I think creepy girls are cute

>fan group translates a visual novel or manga making it popular and creating a fanbase
>american company pays for the publishing license and uses that translation to cash from all the fans, without having to worry about risk of being unsuccessful

They don't bother in western countries because they barely sell anything to the west besides merch and it's easier to let it slide and have more weebs willing to buy 10k yen figures from your show

Y'know, I realize some forms of piracy like IRC distro and torrents are probably too much trouble to fuck with

But there are a lot of streaming/manga hosting websites that are just... sitting there. Showing that shit out in the open for everyone to see, with little to no effort to conceal the fact that someone's getting sweet ad money off that shit.

I mean, look at Mangastream. They what are inarguably the popular manga coming out. Does Shueisha or Viz just not think it'd be worth the money?

They do, but they can only do it in japan and japanese webservers, same with america. As Japan barely cars what goes on overseas, they don't try to cooperate with american and other nations to take down piracy.

Also, they started a lot sooner than america to realize piracy can't be beaten and the future is about open content, more and more publishers distribute their stuff for free.

That's not the question in OP
Viz and Yen Press are not studios they are licensed resellers for the west
And yes, both of them do take down their dubs and Translations from sites and press charges on people all the time

All those translations are on English/Portuguese/Spanish/Frech/Italian
Do you think that people in America or Europe buys The original manga in japanese?
They don't give a fuck about the other countries.

How do you watch freely available television illegally?

>hurr hurr I have no moral obligation hurr

How can one post be so ignorant?

Because they're not dicks.
Anyone in the industry can tell them that it would cost far more to pursue these cases than they could ever hope to receive in increased sales; that's self-evidently the case in markets where licensed translations aren't even sold.
Defending their intellectual property rights overseas would cost a lot of money and accomplish literally nothing beyond pissing off potential fans.

If they dare to touch the doujin scene in Japan, they'd kill themselves.

exposure, think of it as advertising.

They are unable to. And I even wonder if it is possible. In some sense, manga becomes the thing that you can't live without, like air and water. People all want it regardless whether they can afford or not.

Goddamn it, instaboner.
Can you link the full image, please?

Protip: Japan has a more severe copyright law and enforcement than the US.

The big exception are doujins. They wouldn't fight them because they'd lose all their fans. Although sometimes they do.

They're powerless against western piracy, just like the US used to be powerless against non-US piracy of US movies.