Why's it always Shaft vs. Kyoani? Why not Kyoani vs...

Why's it always Shaft vs. Kyoani? Why not Kyoani vs. PA Works (the studio that artistically is more similar to them) or Kyoani vs. Bones (also known for their sakuga) or Shaft vs. Gokumi (maker of Yuki Yuna wa Ripoff de aru) or Shaft vs. Trigger (similar flat minimalist style)?

Because they are the two meme studios

Another (PA) legitimately had some of the best backgrounds I've ever seen.

If only the stuff happening in the foreground could've been as good.

Those aren't popular enough, except maybe Trigger, and Trigger's fanbase is mostly fujos and doesn't overlap enough with Shaft or KyoAni's

>not either one vs. based Silver Link

Call me when either Kyoani or Shaft produces the new SOL gold standard.

Where have you been all this time? It's Kyoani vs Dogakobo now.

>Why's it always Shaft vs. Kyoani?

Those are the only studios Sup Forums casuals know about

Because memes

Bones is the best of the list.

Kyoani made the SoL gold standard in 2010 and haven't seen a reason to look back since.

Monogatari was outselling K-On back in '09, and Kyoanifags said, "No way is this shit a best seller!" and the Shaft powerpoint meme was born.

Ahem...

It's good. The setting and atmosphere are nice but the show leans to heavily on it's gags and Renge is the only interesting member of the main cast. It's not even close to K-on in my opinion.

Because Kyoanifags and SHAFTfags have equally scummy and devoted fanbases on Sup Forums.

Because history, newfriend.

PA Works done Glasslip, Now they aren't a bad studio but when you make one of the worst anime you'll ever see you don't deserve to go up against Kyoani.

Phantom World is worse than Glasslip.

This from the faggot who jacks off Madhouse at every opportunity despite them making shit like Supernatural and Mahou Sensou?

Watch more SOL faggot

>3-gatsu no Lion
>Koe no Katachi
Sure.

Shaft and Kyoani have extremely iconic styles and are easily identified. You can tell something is SHAFT or Kyoani instantly.
This specialization results in fairly intense fanbases.
My favourite part about SHAFT is actually their taste in music.

As for Kyoani... Only the animation redeems them. For some reason they have trouble making anything that feels good. It's pretty, and the animation is usually top notch, but it just feels so hollow.

Why's it always Komari vs. my dick?

Because both are small.

But they made shirobako.

Definitely not.

>Why's it always Shaft vs. Kyoani?
Because both of them produce pretentious shit and hog all the money.

I think you're the hollow one mate.

Because they're the 2 studios most beloved by niwakas.

Shaft has never produced a good show. Bakemono is literally unwatchable in English, and is just a fairly lame adaptation in Japanese.

Kyoani used to be half-decent, but they've made nothing watchable since Hyouka, and before that they were pretty fucking spotty. The only people talking about them today are fujoshits and other assorted morons who have watched a whole 10 animes in their life.

Hyouka was their worst work.

Outright not true.

This is bait.

Not him, but I see the worst thing that an anime can possibly be is boring and uninteresting. All of Kyoani's other works have been varying levels of entertaining, but Hyouka stands out as both boring and completely uninteresting. It's one of the few anime that I ever actually dropped. Testament to how bored I was with it.

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

I miss the days of Niwaka on Sup Forums. People should totally bring that term back.

This is because you went in expecting a mystery show.

I like comfy slow-paced slice of life shows like Aria. Hyouka was just boring as shit and had nothing that was interesting about it.

I went in expecting the characters not to behave mechanically.

Given 95% of people here would fit that term these days, I don't see it taking off.

Now time has passed, I think it's blatant that CR completely destroyed the western fandom of anime.

I actually see KyoAni vs PA Works more than I see Shaft vs KyoAni?

>Hibike 2
>Koe no Katachi
>Violet Evergarden
PA Works has to step it up.

Nah, PA can't reach KyoAni at their best. Even at their worst(Phantom World) they're several notches above.

How about we start comparing everything to faghouse

Not on Keion S2 level. Nothing is.

So you're telling me Phantom World is better than NagiAsu and HanaIro? Good one

PA Works is in dire need of good directors.

What they really need is Mari Okada, and vice versa. They bring out the best in each other.

Madhouse has classics that overwrite them though, PA Works will never do something good as HxH/Texhnolyze/Gungrav.

Angel Beats was better than everything you listed.

At least pick a good PA works show.

Easier said than done

I think your mom's cunt is the hollow one after I'm done with it

RDG is better than that joke.

Takes a joke to know a joke

Nice, user

So taking Monogatari out of the equation, SHAFT hasn't produced anything worthwhile for the last 5 years, have they?

What about Madoka movies?

I wouldn't quite call NNB the gold standard but SL is getting pretty good at consistently delivering great SoLs, and that to me is still fairly impressive.

What about them? Original series is still far superior.

Nope, but hey have a decent line-up ahead of them now with 3-gatsu and Zaregoto though.

Silver Link are great at what they do, but the king of SoL is still Doga Kobo.

Not to mention KyoAni quite literally invented the SOL genre.

K-On S1 was actually more interesting. S2 was just boring; ended up dropping it halfway through.

What is Azumanga Daioh (2002), Alex?

Because PA Flops, (Dry) Bones, Deadhouse, and (Pull the)Triggerfags at least know they're place. Shaftshitters literally think their one-note slideshow Jewniplex trick doggy is better than GODANI, so they deserve what's coming to them.

>pretentious
Are you retarded?
There is absolutely nothing pretentious about Kyoani or Shaft.

K-On S1 was dull as shit. Only pulled through because supposedly S2 was better, and boy was it better.

Yeah, just like how we went into Kyoukai thinking it would be a "Monogatarikiller" and then it went breezy SOL halfway through like always because "IT'S NOT A SUPERNATURAL HORROR SHOW IT'S TOTALLY A LOVE STORY YOU WOULD'VE NOTICED THAT IF YOU WERE PAYING ATTENTION".

> thinking it would be a "Monogatarikiller"
So you're blaming the show for your retardation?

Poor man kyoani
>Haruchika

worst tripfag on this board you have NO reason to use a trip

It was like that for the first few episodes, and then it veered off course.

And you kyoanustards wonder why people say they can't do any genre besides breezy SOL and love stories? The argument always goes like this...

>IF YOU DON'T LIKE KYOANI'S NORMAL PLOTS WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY SHOULD DO?

"I dunno, maybe horror or suspense?"

>REEEEE DON'T TELL GODANI WHAT TO DO STUPID SHONENBABBY FUCK OFF BACK TO Sup Forums OR REDDIT

>le YYY ripoff meme

Because Madoka was soooo original.

Based GODANI should collaborate with Gokumi on YYY S2. They already made the Monogatarikiller; why not top it off with a Madokakiller?

GodAni doesn't fail.

KyoAni >>>>>>> All

And that's that.

They kinda just did last season.

I smell a golden age on the horizon.

Why are GoHands never mentioned in the studio threads?

What are Nichijou, Munto, and Phantom Sales, Alex?

Because GoHandsfags know they're the best and confirm it by being quiet and classy. They don't need a bunch of argumentative retards to confirm it for them.

Not him but Nichijou ended up selling 7k. Phantom is not that big of a flop, just didn't reach the manabi line.

>YYY
>Madokakiller

Kadokawa's fail, got 3 rereleases, LN advertisement

>(also known for their sakuga)
I feel like you're implying something you shouldn't be implying

>PHANTOM WORLD DOESN'T COUNT IT WAS JUST A PRACTICE FOR THEIR NEW ANIMATORS GAIZ

At least Shaftfags acknowledge that Mexico City Actors was a mistake (and was probably made after they'd allocated most of their money and resources to Rebellion and Nisekoi), and don't try to spin it as secret AOTY that them haters JUST DINT UNDASTAND.

Shaft has so many flops that coming up with new excuses is useless. Phantom is KyoAni's only real flop in the past 8 years.

Phantom World was first and foremost and advertisement for the LN. So no, there was no mistake.

>advertise their IP
>train newbies for future big projects
Two birds, one stone

this

>one-note slideshow Jewniplex trick doggy
Kek

>Monogatarikiller
>Biting the bait from IRC

>MCA DOESN'T COUNT THEY WERE OUT OF BUDGET AND RESOURCES

Where is this "Phantom World was for training younger staff" thing coming from?

>Even at their worst(Phantom World)
Are you serious mate

I'd argue Dogakobo's been hit and miss over the few years.

Kyoanus damage control squad.

Even then, it doesn't matter who animated it. The animation looked good, it was the actual story and characters that were complet and utter garbage. Exactly how are they gonna defend that?

There were a lot of newer animations on it.

This

>Trigger's fanbase is mostly fujos

Fun fact: Every single post made by this tripfag always comes with an image.

It's no coincidence that both of these have the same director.