Why can't there be good medieval fantasy rpg series

Retarded, all those characters in this first fucking chapter. Just why? Why? It's like they had little to no knowledge of how their fucking world works. Shit. I assume they don't even know each other, that faggot swordie just picked up some random youseemuseful-people in the guild and "Hey, let's hunt some shit." wtf. They didn't even know how each member fights, how in the world can they even compliment each other in real combat. This is some vidya thier shit, I'm getting tired of it.

Pls tell me how this series fares in later events, man.

Other urls found in this thread:

grimdarkztranslations.com/kuro-no-hiera-glaphicos-toc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only here for the GOBLIN SLAYER.

I know OP's saying its shit but...is it at least readable without cussing every page? Or just complete shit?

Don't know, it certainly wasn't that shit. but not as good either.

It got potential though. I'm only following because helmet.

But the characters they're not....stupid? Are they? Annoyingly stupid I mean

I only read the first chapter, which is about the fodders and main girl. So who knows?

Can't find it, link please?

I read it on Sup Forums. Check the archive.

So basically dark souls fag vs. Goblins cool, though main girl kinda sucks and by sucks I mean boring

I woundn't expect anything that includes mmo mechanics like quest boards and hard classes to have any semblance of good story. When it's done for comedy it works, but otherwise it's just lazy or tries to appeal to general mmo audience.

Dunno if there's anything recent, but there's enough decent fantasy manga if you dig a bit.

Do japs even play DnD?

They play phantasy star online and ff whatever.

/tg/ here, they do. See Record of Lodoss War for an anime inspired by a DnD campaign.

They play Wizardry.

>It's like they had little to no knowledge of how their fucking world works.
Very realistic then.

Yes, although you can trace every cliche they use to wizardry and dragon quest.

The worst thing is about that series is that they picked the blandest girl as MC

It's gonna end up like any other generic fantasy rpg harem series but Sup Forums is gonna love it because
>he doesn't take off the helmet
>he doesn't speak
>mysterious
resulting in a lot of baneposting in the future and some people who actually thing it's good even though it's the same old thing with a slight quirk. I mean blonde bimbo is probably gonna be retarded.

In the end I'll probably end up following it anyways as I always do, I just hope I one day get out of this hell.

>he doesn't take off the helmet
>he doesn't speak
>mysterious
He speaks, he take off his helmet.
And I'm not happy about that.

But this is the closest things to what I want, so may as well followed it.

spoilers got posted in that thread
he takes off the helmet
it turns into lighthearted shit right after
a cute elf, a dragon shaman, and some random kung fu elder joins the party
Sup Forums only cares because everyone dies in the first chapter and the part where the guy says his name is unintentionally hilarious

I just need a real adventure style.
Opening chapters is world and character building, lets get to know the group.
From then on they take on specific quests, doesnt really matter what kind.
Have them prepare/go shopping for supplies.
Let the group explore a well crafted dungeon.
Let the rogue type search for stuff and jolt everything down on a map.
After the dungeon give us a full 2 page image of said crafted map.

I guess tower of druaga and its second series could be recommended...

Have them hang out at the inn, share stories with others. Give us the ingredients on how to make mead (fucking water honey and yeast but people will get excited to read about it)
Introduce the a bigger plot point from referencing to older hints given out in the story thus far.
Have them fight a lich.
Present real danger by killing some of the crew.
Have some shananigans the that some /tg/ stories have produced (sir bearrington for example as questgiver)

>Fighter got cocky and said that fighting Goblins need no planning
>Cleric is a fucking liability that slowed the mage down and got split up from the Fighter/Monk
>Mage got out numbered and stabbed
>Fighter got too cocky and this time he paid for his cockiness with his life
>Monk held her own until a bigger goblin appears and turned her into rape fodder
>The dying Mage slowed useless Clerics escape and ended up being a lifeless sextoy for the goblins
>For all the trouble CLeric got an arrow to her shoulder

The cleric should end up being a rape fodder just like the Monk. She just got lucky when Goblin Slayer appeared to rekt goblins' faces in.

So did the monk survive?

>goblin slayer
There isn't a good future for something named "fodder mob" slayer.
It isn't really a impressive feat or anything.

>RPG
There´s the fucking problem. Whenever they talk about stats and levels, is automatic shit.

Also good fantasy medieval fiction is hard to write.

>characters are retarded
>they get btfo in the first chapter

I don't see the problem user.

The first chapter is edge and show potential of some kind of silent knight adventure.
From there on, is a lighthearted rpg adventure, the guy talks a lot, remove his helmet to show his bishounen face, and is a harem btw. Guy is Gary Stu self insert. Harem consist of useless healslut, elf, and cowtits.

So is the usual LN trash with a bait starting chapter.

sounds disgusting.
good thing I didn't expect anything to start with.

>He talks
>He speaks
>He is not mysterious
>Edge gone
>Not just goblins
>Happy party adventures
Did you miss the LN art dump?

It is if the writer was clever to utilize a system of real goblin army, smart goblins, mage goblins and so on. But the author go and stretch the definition, so he will kill anything that is ugly and falls under orc, troll and so on.

I-i just wanted a dark souls like manga
Baw

I just wanted something good, not another generic shit.

No, you wanted generic shit that pandered to you, you don't actually care about the quality of the work.

Nanatsu no Taizai? The mangaka actually uses real weapons, symbols and names from European folklore/history (and not just King Arthur either).

People eat rezero though.
Sup Forums is weird sometimes.

more liek rape goblin, m8

So let me get this straight.
The novelty of this generic fantasy with RPG mechanics is that MC actually wears armor along with a full helmet?
Goddamn. I mean, I also wish for the day where MC actually doesn't have to leave his head unprotected and show his face for no other reason than being MC, but subjecting yourself to LN trash for it is too much.
When will there be a fantasy anime with a mute self insert protag that never removes his helmet and goes on adventures that parodies the fuck out of Jrpgs?
>MC is a mystery that never shows his face, some say he was born with that fullhelmet. He's uncomfortably quiet all the time, is unfazed by anything and only barely emotes when needed too. This is his shtick. He's a weirdo with the murderhobo life style fit for the setting.
>Cast is a mixed gender, and one token beast race, almost self aware bunch.
>They are the only ones that realize the frivolity of going into a cave and murdering all the goblins inside just for a new sword to replace the now worn down old one, they pick apart the shallow philosophies thrown about by the big bads, or complain about the stupidity of every little adventure they have snowballing and ending with them fighting God, or a God-like being in some intangible reality.
>All while MC just does his silent bob routine and just keeps taking on more and more ridiculous side quests for crap he'll never use so he can hoard it in his overflowing bag of holding.
Something like Yūsha Yoshihiko

Japan can't into good warhammer tier fantasy setting and all they could do is to introduce rape and pillage.

DOMO, GOBLIN-SAN.

GOBLIN SLAYER DESU.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAART

The first part was the best part, so if you disliked it, you will hate it now.

Sup Forums no matter how much to deny it, got the same shit taste as fat nip otakus and casual teens. SAOfaggots moved on to Reddit:Zero, in words of the fans, "Is like a more mature SAO for more mature people".

>In the end we truly were the GOBLIN SLAYERtm

So why should I read this and not Grimgar?

oh and they get most of their knowledge from their shitty jrpg like dragon quest and final fantasy

Sounds like shitty YT paraody video to be honest. I want a Dark Souls anime without your shitty slapstick humour.

No one in grimgar wear Full face concealing helmets.
That detail is important.

>What is Konosuba
If you just want a guy with a helmet and no talking, you are just a faggot that want a specific pandering to you.

Will this healer become badass eventually? Like learn some offensive spells in addition to healing or are there stupid class limitations? Maybe I'll continue. If she's just going to hide behind Dark Souls Kun all the time then I'll probably pass.

So then...Grimgar x Dark Souls? hmmmmm...
Do you see this series going places user? I've looked at the image folder for the volumes and the only character that interest me is the blind chick.

I RAPED THAT MONK GIRL
RAMMED MY COCK THROUGH HER HYMEN
TOTALLY WORTH IT

SAYONARA!

There's comics of it.
Pic related is good, the newest one is shit.

>Some say he was born with his helmet
>Others that he can throw his sword and kill a boblin but not hurt the girl behind it
>All we know is, he's called GOBLIN SLAYER

Most LNs are the epitome of generic but I'm surprised there hasn't been a LN that parodies all of it. Have a LN where not just the MC is in full armor. Make the chicks have full armor too. And Helmets. We can still add full armor fan service, if Sup Forums gets cranky about it.

there's nothing sexier than some good armor.

As opposed to a generic guy wearing sweatshirt?

I'm pretty sure that if we unite or something we can craft a better story than this one

daily reminder you must always pray to sigmar for orc and goblin killing

There is stuff with women in proper plate and helmets, Sup Forums just doesn't care for it.

There is already a LN with girl wearing helmet 24/7
grimdarkztranslations.com/kuro-no-hiera-glaphicos-toc/

How about we start now?

Setting, pure high/dark fantasy. No isekai garbage, transported, reborn or summoned. Continue.

>warhams
>anywhere close to good
GW drone pls.

>MC is a veteran cleric that everyone looks up to as a hero
>sick and tired of dumbass adventurers charging in and getting into trouble, over and over and OVER again
>is totally willing to let them die if they do retarded shit
>often knows how to do the party members' jobs better than they do thanks to long experience
>still goes adventuring because there's a fragment of the idealistic young girl who wanted to help others buried under the cynicism
>carries a staff, which she uses to break bones and crack heads
>overloads people with healing energy to make them explode
>considers blinding people with holy light to be a good setup to beating them to death
>can't lose to cock because she has a tame rape plant at home to satisfy her sexual desires

Just read fucking deathgod or flame ring.

I'm pretty sure if one person put even a little effort in it he could make a better story than this one.

So any update on that Sup Forumsnon-chan story someone was writing?

I would read this, reminds of the one story of the elf who was trying to get raped by a very nice orc

> comics panneling and narration

Eww, fuck no.

Well your loss

These grim RPGs are even more annoying than the happy go lucky ones. At least have characters die to real monsters not
>Muh goblin with the capabilities of a child killing retards.

>Veteran cleric wants to retire and spend the rest of her days with rape plant
>guild regulations require her to train a successor
>problem: all parties she goes with know her rep and expect her to save them from everything and basically act completely retarded
>solution: go in disguise, go with people who don't know her (i.e. nubs)
>full plate armor, full helm, no talking except through sign language and headchops when people are being stupid
>is surprised when nub party actually tries to be smart and does things like set traps, makes tactical retreats
>ends up bonding a little with them, and delays her retirement

Now the problem is that I'm stuck for the personalities of the nub party.

There has never been a good grim fantasy manga. Dont bother trying those anymore,theyre just generic shit

this has potential.

Try to start by defining which class are each member of the party, and start thinking if you're gonna play stereotype or against them. Since this is more of a parody, you can really make a play on expectations

>Now the problem is that I'm stuck for the personalities of the nub party.
Make them girls and let them fall for MC
Fantasy cleric yuri

Not him but, the talking is killing it.

>Genre fiction
>Good

Pick one and only one.

I expect this series is going to get an anime. The LN is ranking pretty highly and there's a lot of buzz/controversy online with nips about it.

You almost had me. Then your retarded rape plant killed it. Just make the cleric a guy.
Yuri never sells as a good straight show does.

Only to portrayed the desperation he's facing. It's not about being badass you know?

>Another Grimgar
Please no.

/lit/ leave and masturbate over some pretentious whack that have won a nobel prize.

Looks like more things actually happen in this.

If you want an mc that never takes off his mask you should read this.

I just see a little blonde girl in lingerie.

>Fantasy RPG setting
Is this the new hype for elevens?

I did. There's no further translation.

Can't wait for
>That edgy kid easily slaughtered soldierbros
episode.

Combining these two:

Fighter: tactical genius who could and should have been a mage, but became a warrior instead to support her little bro (who is totally a spoilt brat whom she loves dearly) to go into mage school. Often the first to tell everyone to run away, if only to lure the enemy into a trap or to actually run away (they've developed a system of "run away!" cues so they know which is which. She's not strong and she knows it; prefers to keep her enemies on their backs and shoot them with crossbows or trip them up.

Thief: bad alchemist who turned to thieving to raise funds for reagents; ended up being good at it. Spams alchemical items like tanglefoot bags and alchemist's fire and stuff but magic potions are beyond her. Deadly accurate with an acid vial to the eye.

Mage: illusionist who specializes in incapacitating the enemy. Carries a gigantic executioner's axe which is useless in normal combat but which is great for executing KOed enemies. Runs out of mojo fast at her level, but that's what slings and crossbows are for.

Cleric: cute adorable ditzy kouhai. Frequent headchop victim. Completely overshadowed by MC, but reminds MC of how she used to be so she can't just walk away.

This party has basically been working together for some time and so veteran MC doesn't want to get too involved and ruin their teamwork (besides, she's the guest member; she should match them rather than the other way around)

The rape plant is just a stupid joke and is hardly critical to the plot. Maybe she just wants to retire knowing that her skills and experience have been passed down.

That guy's surname is amazing.
She's a wizard, pay her no mind. Think Louise.

Is it necesary that they're all women?

No. Their gender is unimportant, but I like looking at girls.

What's the setting, dark age euro?

>hot fighter chick getting gangraped by goblins

Damn son

Dark Souls anime when?

High fantasy. When I think dark age I think Berserk and Ubel Blatt and I can't really compete there.

With high fantasy, go full magic, but put amusing spins on the stereotypes.

So what you're telling me is that they wasted a tpk and gangrape just a sucker people into a mediocre light novel.

Demons's souls would be better for an anime.

Soul Sacrifice anime would be better.

This shit is hilarious. The funny thing is this is EXACTLY how a typical Sup Forums faggot would behave if they were sent into another world.

"Let's go kill some goblins, they're the weakest monsters, how hard could it be?"

Picked this shit up.