Saekano

How can the girls like such a fag?

Self insert and average nip right there

Cause he likes anime
You should ask a different question
How could two anime pro girls be in the same school, and one of them is the best in her grade?

Reminder that Megumi won.

Because it's generic LN haremshit appealing to lonely otaku who have to have a braindead, talentless, beta MC to self-insert into for them to glean any satisfaction from a series.

He's yasashii,
I didn't read the novels but i assume it's related to how passionate he was about the things he wanted to do, which is something pretty contrasting for a plain girl that never had any specific interest.

Is that the introvert writer in girlish number?

>Tomoya asks her what kind of guy she likes
>"All I need is for him to say some things that make me happy or excite me and for him to show that he cares about me, I guess?"

There's your reason.

So beautiful.

Megumi has a legit reason to like him.

Eriri and Utaha is just the author making fun of cliched harem girls. Eriri is literally a blonde tsundere twintails and Utaha is the (mostly) cooldheaded black haired busty girl.

I hate to say it but Saekano is kind of a parody/deconstruction. The joke is that Megumi, the most 'boring' plain girl of the three, is actually the most enticing because the other two are walking cliches that appear in every anime these days.

I dunno, Eriri and Utaha have legit reasons too if you consider how being an otaku is looked down upon. Megumi got rejected by someone at school when she revealed she was doing otaku stuff.

It's called pandering OP.

It's to make it so loser otaku like you will watch and think "wow even I could get my own harem of cute anime girls!" and hopefully compel you to buy the BD.

They should've went all the way and made her actually average looking

It's anime, all girls end up good looking. Most you can do is give an unappealing hairstyle.

>rotoscoped

>Megumi has a legit reason to like him.
Please spoil me as to what that reason it.
Or is it just

That just looks ugly, though. The difficulty with anime is trying to find a point between making them look hideous and making them look attractive. Most anime girls intended to look 'average' wind up looking good. When you start deforming facial features and making them fat, you get ugly girls.

Because he's the main character of a harem anime.

It's because he's talentless, spineless, addicted to otaku shit, and sperges out like an autist, just like me. It's a character I can relate to.

She'd look better if she only had the mole on her chin

He's not really spineless. He's the loud spergy no self control kind of otaku.

Erifags blown the fuck out.
Utahafags blown the fuck out.

This.

If I wanted to see ugly girls I'd go outside.

There's nothing wrong with having average girls being cute in anime.

Megumi doesn't like Tomoya romantically. I am not sure where the meme is coming from.

Feels good

He's the only guy that pays attention to her.

Which is also unrealistic.

You wouldn't understand

>anime
>unrealistic
hmm, really makes you think

>she has a legit reason to like him
>oh yeah whats that
>he's the only guy that pays attention to her
>that's not realistic
>LOL WHO SAID ANIME WAS REALISTIC UR SO DUM
I wish people could bother to actually pay attention to conversations before trying to be smarmy. At least far enough to not wind up at the begging of a conversation thinking they look funny.

>I like him because he's kind. He held a door for me one time.

Why? She doesn't make an active effort to meet people, so everyone at her school is focused on Eriri and Utaha.

>She doesn't make an active effort to meet people
Girls don't have to.

>girls don't like OP

guess we found the bigger fag

Maybe in America, Japan has an endemic of beta males. It doesn't help that she's always on her phone.

>Girls don't have to.
Yeah, to meet guys, they do have to make an active effort to meet other girls. So stop being such a butturt, I'll assure you that if you become a fag you'll get all the sex you could ever want without even trying.

>they do have to make an active effort to meet other girls
And what does that have to do with liking Tomoya?
>So stop being such a butturt
I don't know what this means but it was amusing.
>I'll assure you that if you become a fag you'll get all the sex you could ever want without even trying.
That's flattering and I'm sure you're a swell guy but simply don't flow that way.

They look good together.

In reality she's ugly right?

She looks good regardless

The reason's legitimate enough. The title does outright call the girl "boring".

The reason is not unrealistic

Megumi > Utaha > Eriri > Izumi > Michiru

He's passionate, caring, and makes them feel special. Kind of like life but tailored to nerd fantasies instead.

No.

Eww, please don't post stuff like that without image spoiler.

No. She's beautiful but has a very trained stealth ability.

The author mocks the title all the time, though.

Realistically, it would not be that big a deal if the two hottest girls in school are otaku, not to mention famous ones. The series panders to a persecution complex to make the MC and otaku audience look special.

It's not even consistent because you have the cousin who is so prejudiced, yet still rubs her tits all over the MC. And while she and other subheroines are fanciful, the main heroine is a dream come true.

Michiru got out of her prejudice in V4.

Yeah it wasn't that big a deal.
He looks good without the glasses. They look like they were made for each other.

Tomoya is unironically one of the best harem MCs in recent years.

At least he has the balls to actually fuck the girl he likes.

Can't wait.

He's still a shit MC.

So cute

He at least has ambition and a semblance of personality, even if not always likable.

Vol 11 makes me think Megumi doesn't like Tomoya. She is unwilling to commit.

You got it backwards. Tomoya is the one that wasn't willing to commit. Megumi was practically begging him to fuck her.

He is not the worst harem MC we've seen, but not the best either. He's somewhere in the middle of the pack.

I want to drop a nuke in Eriri's ass.

He's not that bad, just a bit loud.

What MC other than Mankoto actually taps dat ass when offered it?

I don't remember that. I don't think Megumi likes him as she hasn't shown jealousy or interest in him outside of circle matters. She was willing to read script lines with him without a hint of embarrassment.

You should know by now that Megumi hides her embarrassment by being flat.

>hides her embarrassment by being flat.
Isn't that Eriri? It must be a lot of embarrassment

Yes, that's why the show is good. If it isn't for Megumi, it woulf be just a generic harem with nice visuals.

No, flat as in voice. Eriri is easy to read, but Megumi isn't because her tone of voice is always the same unless she's really emotional.

Because the author wrote the story that way

Agreed.

Readers don't want to self-insert as the pathetic MC, they want the MC to be pathetic so they can easily ignore his existence, and eventually self-insert in his stead.

Put Mayu behind Megumi and Eriri above or equal to Utaha and you'll have my ranking.

I'd put Utaha below Izumi at this point. What Maruto did to her character is nothing short of embarrassing.

What do you mean? Utaha is out of the bowl of her own accord and no longer pines for Tomoya dick. It doesn't matter to her who he involves himself romantically.

This, she is over Tomoya. Utaha is the real winner.

She's just there to make crude sex jokes. It's disgraceful how she wasn't allowed to gracefully move on after V7 and how she was stuck playing the game at the end of V10.

She did move on after vol 7. She just likes the game, you read too much into it.

Just because she shows up on occasion that doesn't mean she hasn't moved on from him. Think Ami from Toradora, Ami moved on early on but hung around as a normal character.

She tried making a move on him on the train in V10 but got cockblocked by Michiru. That's not what I call moving on.

Will Eriri be best girl in s2?

She was just joking.

She already admits to being confessed to before, so that's not it.

You know the typical "Wow I lead such a boring life BUT WAIT there's this character of the opposite gender that is so different and alluring" thing that happens all the time? Well to Megumi that's Tomoya. She lived a normal plain life then suddenly this nerdy guy runs up to her and tells her he wants to make her the star of a game because she's the most beautiful thing he's ever seen. She's kind of weirded out but goes "Yeah whatever let's go along with it" and slowly begins to take a liking to it.

It's almost like a reverse Kyon/Haruhi.

Second best girl. She can't beat this.

>Rich Tsundere artist

>successful novelist

>Both vying for NEET otaku dick, who's repeatedly stated his only interest in 2D

there's a limit to my suspended belief of reality. If only it were true, that all you need to capture a hot girl's heart is just to be kind to her.

>1 - Megumi is in the show : no
>2 - Megumi isn't in the show : no

All signs point to a negative answer.

But user that is how easy it is.

Why is Haruhi so liked but Tomoya so hated?

Because a girl being an autistic sperg is cute but a guy being an autistic sperg isn't.

Does that kouhai with fat tits become a recurring character?

But Megumi and Kyon are both liked. Does this mean that snarky, cynical characters are universally liked?

Of course. People for the most part love chill characters. Chill characters with some snide comments thrown in are a recipe for a lovable character.

There's the bonus that they usually don't mind the hyper/ecstatic character they hang around with but hide it well so they have a bit of a cute side going on too.

>successful novelist
>one-hit wonder
>successful

Maybe during Christmas arc, but Megumi will go back to being best in the next arc.

For a highschool student? That says a lot with her repertoire. Also forgot to mention that she's intelligent as well

In the main story Pure Love Hectopascal is doing well, probably because Mayu is helping and for some bizarre reason the influence she got from Tomoya in KM is still with her in the main story.