Blame movie

Did you like it?
Because i did, Sanakan was too cute.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x_-JcmWeIGc
youtube.com/watch?v=_DzOG55T58U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Overall, yea, sure. Especially considering that frame interpolation works somewhat.

I know that hand-drawn series that follows the manga fairly closely will never happen, so I take what I can.

Yeah it was great, cant wait for the sequel
youtube.com/watch?v=x_-JcmWeIGc

Same, i don't know how much money did they spent but i hope it was profitable enough to make a sequel.

The director loves the author of this, hes also making a third season for Sidonia

It had a lot more dialogue than I was expecting, but it was breddy gud/10.

It was okay. I wish they started earlier on but I guess if they didn't think they would get another movie, series or shot at it this was the "best" arc to cover.

Sorta
Anything but the Fishermen acting retarded was great, wish we had seen even more ridiculous architecture tho

I like it that they made Killy seem like just a random passerby doing things that benefit his surroundings.

I liked it. especially since the movie was maybe a few pages worth of content in the manga.

I wish we had more of everyday life of Killy, Sanacan and Cibo.

>Sanakan was too cute.
Yes but Cibo was cuter.

Sanakan a shitty safeguard

You're right she's better as robowife

I did. It was far far from perfect but at least I got my Killy being autistic badass fix.

The show felt American.
The talk about fire and for the sake of my sis etc;are they American natives or something? And too much buddy-buddy and caring for the weak.

In my opinion, Blame is a dispassionate portrayal of the decay and degeneration of humanity along with its legacies and vitality. The netflix version felt emotional and seemed like about the end of the word rather than yet another death of a small human community.
The fusion of Japanese and American Movie cultures was not a easy thing and they tried it half-heartedly.

Liked it overall and was as good an entry point as any, especially if you want to avoid the earlier arcs where Nihei hadn't quite figured out the continuity and lore yet. Only thing I had bigger issues with were how they rewrote Cibo's involvement with Sanakan and had her split up with Killy at the end. They should have just stuck to the manga script in that regard.

I tried reading manga years ago i couldn't because i didn't understand a single bit of what the fuck was going on.
Does it get "easier to understand" later?

>especially if you want to avoid the earlier arcs
why would anybody do this

the Bioelectric arc where he ACTUALLY met Cibo was better than this awful Digital Fisherman rehash

>Did you like it?

Lets say it was mishnadled much less than I expected,
I thought it would be much worse.
I still dont know why would they make Killy autistic.

A faithful Blame adaptation would be more like 3 hours of Killy walking alone in silence BLAMing some cyborg head off and more walking.

I can see why would they switch the perspective, I still feel like it could have been better.

Biomega is much better fit for a movie series

Yeah.
Biomega is way more action and stuff, I didn't like to reaf it maybe Iwould like to watch it.

Yea, they said that there's going to be another movie.

I never had a fucking clue what was going on in biomega

but man it was cool

I would say yes, but I still have no idea what what going on. Just enjoy the visuals.

Kind off.
You should totally gove it another shot.

damn, now i want a cibo keychain

When will this meme end? What works in a drawn medium won't always work in an animated one, and this is a prime example. I recently reread Blame and there is no point in the manga where Killy walks around alone so much that it would translate to 3 fucking hours of animated content.

>Does it get "easier to understand" later?
it was always quite simple to understand

you're a brainlet

I hope we get pic related and the Dhomochevsky arc

The Bioelectric arc, ok, but the earlier stuff is pretty wonky as far as whether it fits with what comes later. Also, having Killy walk in silence for 50% of the movie would have sunk it, no matter how cool you or me think this would have been. You can do this as a novelty for one episode in a series, but not in a movie, at least nowadays.

As for Bioelectric, I guess they felt the Fisherman arc with Sanakan as the big bad provided a better hook for the movie, compared to Killy fighting a giant blob that's the boss of a corporation. Especially if they didn't know if they'd get to make a second one. I agree that it would have been cooler to at least start with Bioelectric, but I can see why they possibly wouldn't. Pity it couldn't be a high budget series.

Mandatory Blame! thread Killy pic, featuring penis.

wish they got the gantz budget to animate it.
I'm still butthurt about gantz fuck it.

>I'm still butthurt about gantz fuck it.
Why?

It's his backup graviton beam emitter. He forgot how to turn it on though.

Because they cut out rapeman, dog alien, the nerd guy using nurarihyon's head and muscle rider, if it had them it would have been a 9/10 but it became a 7/10 and i fucking love that arc though, Second best after Statues arc.

>we will never get a NOiSE OVA
I want to see Musubi cut up Sillycons

what is the difference between the Net Authority and the Administration?

youtube.com/watch?v=_DzOG55T58U

>Did you like it?
No, too boring, even the moe/fetschs were underwhelming. Knights of Sidonia (1st season) was much better.

Post the rock soundtrack

The Fishermen ruined it for me, they were so retarded and annoying, especially the younger ones acting and talking like high school anime kids.

>the show felt American
Nihei said he got inspired by old american westerns.

The whole film was quite clearly going for the man with no name spaghetti western approach.

that size is impossible. There's shouldn't be enough matter available there to cover that kind of space.

I remember reading they are capable of transforming dark energy into raw materials to continue building.

they have Gravity guns and teleportation tech.

First Gantz, now Blame! Is this the beginning of a golden age of manga adaptations?

You are talking about a civilization that is able to use black holes as weapons, transform otherworldy matter into materials, goverment officials that are able to teleport, and machines that can break through dimensions for energy.

This was for this user.

focused on village characters too much
way too much talking for a blame adaption
fight scenes were on point
mc was pretty great
ost pretty good
artstyle blended in very well

8/10, maybe 7

Maybe in 10 years from now.

>goverment officials that are able to teleport
good one

you forgot
>a network that can contain and fully preserve human consciousness and seemingly form a whole nested universe
>immortal ultra-regenerative cyborgs

I've been thinking, is it possible that Biomega and Blame/Noise take place in the same world after all?

>In Biomega the fate of the zombie-infested world is unknown after Zoichi, Niarudi and co end up quite far away from it
>Narein managed to turn a lot of infected back into humans before shit went down
>NOiSE starts in a dystopian cyberpunk world with no indication of immortals or zombies, the NetSphere, Safeguard and Silicon Life already thriving

my point is that we don't know what happens to the Earth in Biomega and that NOiSE doesn't quite explain how the NetSphere and Megastructure came to be

I just watched it because of the thread, and only shit i must say Cibo was the biggest robo cutie i have ever seen.

Also Zuru's rack was huge.

Movie solid 8,5/10
Cibo and killy only spinoff would be 1000/10

We know what happened to Earth. The world was converted to that long worm-like structure according to the subconsciousness of Kozlof.

And I may be wrong, but hasn't Nihei said that Blame and Biomega don't happen in the same universe?

>Cibo and killy only spinoff
Read the manga, that's basically what Blame! is.

plot was all kinds of shit

But user, Killy IS autistic.

I just realized that one bonus chapter of Sidonia with Killy was like the prototype for the end of the movie

the massive Recreator seemed to be a different structure entirely, far away from planet Earth

>hasn't Nihei said that Blame and Biomega don't happen in the same universe?
has he?

The builders went through the gravity wells into other dimensions to harvest more energy and material there.

Treat it as a separate dimension like the one where they met jetpack Cibo.

Why is Cibo such a dork?

It was shit. Boring as shit, amateur assets and early 2000's mocap. Sound design was orgasmic though.

You know, I have to agree. I thought all japs were shit at CGI, but after watching Kado, Toei did not a bad job considering was their first full CGI anime. Now I have to ask why Polygon are so shit with it when they are supposed to have more experience with CGI anime.

>Boring as shit
Even if most of it was boring the parts that actually had action were quite good.
They could have easily made the "boring" parts much better with scenic shots of the city but for some reason there were very few of those, and most of the ones they had got covered with shit in the foreground like pic related.

Loved it.