Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu

Touken Ranbu Thread

Hopes for episode 2?

Angry doggo.

You're saving me from shitty comments at stream. Thank you, guys.

Saniwa is so cute.

Saniwa can't be away from Honmaru too long.

Cute.

What the fuck they are talking about

Yagen is so tsun.
But still best legs.

They were talking about food then about scouting the area.

Formally Introducing themselves to each other I think

Konnosuke-dono

Slow episode.

Literally perfection: the sword (doggo)

EDs okay, but Kalafina's done better.

Ending is beautiful.

Was that slow scene about favorite foods really necessary? Also I hate how serious and dull Kane-san is in this. At least Mutsu is lively.

Last few minutes of the ep were good though. Fucking cliffhangers

Good taste here.

Why would you not want a cute scene about your swords talking about food?

I guess to show the difference between their characters.

Maybe this is the Heaven's Feel of swordboys

Not that user, but we had a full Hanamaru of this shit.

Why does this shit feel so short? I can't believe I have to wait another whole fucking week.

It wasn't really cute, it was just a long introduction scene with no OST. Felt really lazy. Couldn't they introduce the characters in some more dynamic way?

He is the captain after all, so I'm not surprised he's trying to be serious while Mucchan's going on and on about food.

I feel like there is a breakflag on Mutsu.

Could be. I still hope they show his lax side too.
Please no, anyone but doggo.

Hanamaru barely gave any sceentime to these guys. It's good that they're expanding on them, doesn't have to be plot all the time.

I thought it was pretty good. Lots of genki doggo and moe Tonbokiri. Mucchan going on about Ryoma was nice too.

Is Ufo full of Mutsufags? Not that it's a bad thing.

Talking about your hopes and dreams is a no-no in anime

What is that gray thing in the corner?

Was there significant Yagen in this episode?

Kicked some ass, and refused to talk about himself to the other swords.

It's daifuku mochi.

Lots of leg, enough for Tonbo and Mutsu's VAs to notice and tweet about.

Was Yagen always this uptight? I'm not all that familiar with his game self but it felt kinda odd.

>tfw no Ichi-nii

I'm familiar with it and it felt very cold for me too.

Maybe that's just what happens when there's no confirmed Ichi-nii.

I wonder if we'll see any of the other swords or if it'll just be those we already know about.

So, subs when?

Kane-san is a delicate princess

In 15 minutes if HS isn't late

I still have a sliver of hope, but every time I think about the fact that they would've probably shown up in the OP or ED, it makes me less and less optimistic. Plus, ufotable has a good reason for keeping the cast size down, otherwise the plot's going to go to (even more) shit.

True, but that doesn't stop them from giving some of the other swords cameos at least.

Hanamaru was a mistake. Yagen was always cold, he only mellow out and started caring more about (you) the Saniwa with his kiwame.

But he is always going on about taishou this and taishou that, isn't he?

What are you on about? Yagen is cool but he isn't cold.

It could just be that he's only nice to the saniwa though.

It's hard to say really since we don't have enough in-game interactions between him and the other swords to judge.

Isn't Nitro overseeing it? Maybe that's how Yagen and maybe Kanesan too actually supposed to be like.
It's still jarring.

Good this so is so bland. The only way this could be redeemed is if the boys started to have orgies.

>More
There is nothing that implies that Yagen gives a fuck about any of the other swords, all his lines are about his brothers, saniwa and Nobunaga.

I think the game dialogue is limiting enough that a wider range of interpretations for each sword is totally possible.

For example Yagen can be nice, but while on a mission he might be a lot colder while he's getting shit done. Same with Kane-san being a stick in the mud while he's captain of the whole team.

I see the anime, as well as the stage plays and manga etc, as basically glorified fanfiction. They all have slightly different ways of interpreting the setting and characters. To me it doesn't change how they are in the game, it's just a different point of view.

The dialogue in the game doesn't really go deep into each character's personalities, so I wouldn't mind it if ufo developed them and made them a bit more well rounded.

I agree. It's super boring.
I love my swords, but god, not sure if I'll even watch every episode of this.

But what if Nitro later incorporates some of the things in the anime into the game?

Kane-san is fine, you're getting your dumb Kane-san gap moe in the previews. With Yagen I guess I just expected him to be cool with everybody and not just the saniwa. When he's talking to the Saniwa he's back to his usual self so it's okay.

Remember that Hanamaru made every sword into a moeblob, just see Ookurikara. UFO will probably take the opposite direction, that's about it.

It seems unlikely. Since the anime is an interpretation of the game, it'd be a bit weird for the game to interpret things back.

This has zero chance of happening. Nitro isn't retarded.

>M-muh grimdark and sad Hori
There, he is back to normal, fucking retards.

Now Kanesan needs to be fixed.

>shoot the breeze

I want to do horrible things to Yagen, help

Finally a decent looking boys.

The writing is so bad, the SOL was so much better than this.

Really

>Watch Symphogear livestream
>Has to go through before that stupid otomeshit before it starts
>Yagen's thighs, EVERY TIME
Please Touken Ranbu, stop making my dick go dokidoki before I watch girls punching shit. Thank you.

So, no Yamanbagiri this season?

Watch the OP again.

Still kinda meh but not enough to drop it.

Is it just me or is his head oddly shaped? Something about it looks off and it's distracting.

He should appear eventually.

It looks like that in the OP too. Kind of like those Egyptian paintings of people with elongated heads.

His head is odd in the opening too.

Ending remids me of Fate/Zero first one.

You wouldn't fuck a sword, right user?

Not that one at least.

SOL didn't have misplaced angst and poor writing at least.

But Hanamaru did have poor writing at times.

It's okay, I like Yagen more as well.

There's no angst, stop being such a sensitive little bitch.

t. okitagumifag.

>Second Unit

So, is Historical Restraining Force KBC?

I can't imagine why.

God, I hope they won't be MCs in second season.
The most boring whiny faggots out of the whole cast.

Haven't watched it yet but I hope more Yagen.

Not as annoying as the whiny fags in these threads.

>Best and lewdest shota refuses to talk about himself
Now that's disappointing.

I'm sure we'll find out eventually.

At least Yasu will be less unbearable now.