Castlevania

Is it anime even if it's not made in Japan?

The rules are simple.
Japanese -> Anime
Not Japanese -> Animation

It's anime because the source material was from japan.

actually
anime=Shorthand for animation
So yeah it's kinda stupid. Maybe start calling it Japanimation like in the 90's

Who cares, castlevania went to shit after symphony of the night.

What is Aria of Sorrow?

it's the show not the games retard

If they can't get the games right, I doubt they'll get the show right.

No. It was alright though. Better animation than the majority of anime and the animation style is clearly heavily inspired by it. The plot and dialog was a bit simple and it felt kind of like a cartoon they threw gore into to make it seem adult. Overall though it was entertaining enough.

>Is it anime even if it's not made in Japan?

Anime to me is more of a style, then where it was made. Same with manga/manghuaya. P&S with Garterblet is less of an anime than Castlvania.

imagine being this stupid

You think the same people who made the game made the show or have any involvement? The owners of the IP will have simply sold the license to make an animated series.

Then there's faggot like this weeaboo where Japan > Material relation. This is the kind of faggot that would enjoy a shitty script play, if you told him it was actually a japanese LN.

it doesn't matter what the fuck it is to you, faggot

is avatar allowed here? no? then fuck off with this garbage

Still not as good as SotN.

>Anime to me is more of a style, then where it was made. Same with manga/manghuaya. P&S with Garterblet is less of an anime than Castlvania.
>this is Sup Forums now

So does this animation have any lewds.

>Anime to me is more of a style, then where it was made. Same with manga/manghuaya. P&S with Garterblet is less of an anime than Castlvania.
This is bait, isn't it?

Should I finish Aria of Sorrow? I got up to where you are about to fight Death and I got bored.

>Sup Forums - anime and manga
>castlevania is not an anime
>castlevania's animation is not japanese made
>HURR BUT LISTEN TO ME WHO SAYS THAT THIS BELONGS ON Sup Forums AND NOT Sup Forums BECAUSE IT HAS ANIMU EYES N SHIET

I want Sypha to serve me her beer!

I don't think there was any nudity that I remember, besides when Dracula's wife is getting burnt at the stake maybe. Tons of gore though. Kind of as youd expect from an American production.

Avatar was very clearly a catoon, not an anime. Like I said, style and substance over location.

>this is Sup Forums now
>now

Guy, I've been here for 8 years. Don't get mad if you can't handle the truth. Weeaboos and their shitty views were never liked here.

I don't think /vr/ even cared about this

anime is what the japs call cartoons, doesnt matter what style it has or where its from

get out and stay out

This animation. Should have had these guys do Berserk instead of that shitty CGI.

>I've been here for 8 years
>uses weeaboos in a sentence

next you're going to post some shit from KYM and claim you're an oldfag

yeah nah, get out and take this shit with you

Sup Forums always said that if it's from japan it's anime, get it right.

>I'm an oldfag guise, you can trust me!
And yet here you are arguing that anime-styled shit is anime. All those threads trying to stop idiots from claiming Avatar or any anime-styled western cartoons are anime must be my delusions, huh?

>Uninformed opinion
>the truth

Who gives a fuck how the Japanese use the word? Loanwords have different meaning all the time in different cultures. Half the English loanwords the Japanese use have a different meaning to their English meaning.

How's the japanese dub? Is Norio Wakamoto doing Dracula?

This Castlevania anime(?) is closer to what an anime is, than P&S+Garterbelt was. Do you remember the airing of those marvel Xmen cross over cartoons? Oh, wait those were anime. But they looked more like Cartoons than this new Castlevania.

Like I said; anime is a style, not a location on planet earth.

We've had literal taiwanese puppetry on this board before.

They were anime because its made in japan, idiot.

he's trolling right? somebody please tell me he's trolling

More like Symphony of the Night turned it into shit.

Symphony of the Night was a mistake. It took a game about careful platforming and enemy manipulation and made it an rpg where you can overcome all your problems with lucky drops or grinding.

Whether or not this show belongs on Sup Forums will be contested in every single thread, thus there is no possible way to have any discussion of the show on Sup Forums. We can then conclude that anyone trying to force these threads to be on Sup Forums are not interested in actual discussion but rather just stirring shit up for the hell of it.
Sage, filter and ignore.

Anime is animation produced in Japan. That is all. It is really simple. The style is completely irrelevant and this is the majority opinion on and usage of the term anime in the English speaking world.

This shit Is so horrible

They turned the "dracula is evil" plot into this generic "the Church is the bad guy" crap

Yeah, or you could just not grind or use lucky drops.

Woah, what a concept.

those were made in nipland you dipshit. who defines what anime is? you? definitely not

if anime is a style then I am going to post every single one of those 9000+1 western cartoons who use the "style"

that ok with you?

That's a pity, there never seems to be an issue with blood and gore in western animation, but when it comes to sexual content...

And I've always been in those threads proving idiots wrong, like I'm doing right now. And if you could follow my string of posts, you'd see I too would agree Avatar is a cartoon, as well as Wakfu. Anime is a very distinctive style, a style koreans imitate very well. English speaking nations aren't up to par with the imitation but they're getting there.

You and all these other faggots just need to grow up a bit or maybe they don't cause people usually stop coming here after a few years, and new kids take their place, while a few of us remain.

>the Church is the bad guy
>still going after Dracula
Your point being?

Didn't some games have the church as the bad guys?

why don't you take this to Sup Forums or Sup Forums and live peacefully? you might even get some intelligent discussion over there

>like I'm doing right now
>anime is a style
No, you're just being retarded.

No user, they're both the bad guys.

>after
>not "at"

Anime varies a lot though, you can't just say "anime is a style" since there's tons of different styles in anime.

Theoretically, anime is just japanese animation, but Castlevania's main source is a japanese game and it was clearly stated that the style "was heavily drawn from anime" so yeah we could say it is anime-like even though not strictly "anime".

They also said it only had 4 eps cause they wanted to "test the waters" for a bigger non-japanese anime production in the future, and a season 2 with 8 episodes has already been confirmed.

Are you really so dense you didn't notice the Bishop isn't part of the church at all? Come on, his lackeys were clearly mercenaries with priest robes you dumb shit.

Not to mention the church scene with the demons, or when the MC goes "is there an ACTUAL priest here?"

So we're allowed to talk about the episodes of Batman that were animated by Sunrise then?

MODS

It's better than anime

You haven't proved anything to anyone, just stated incorrect opinions. The visual style of anime has changed dramatically from the 1960s until today, are you really going to argue that what only current art styles are anime and the old stuff isn't anymore because it doesn't have the same distinctive anime style? The only visually consistent thing in anime over time stylistically is taking a limited animation approach.

The intro was fine but I still hate Studio Mir's approach to motion. They still feel very rigid.

They really need to learn basic motions first before even bothering with action scenes because that's where majority of the story telling happens.

>non-japanese anime production
That's an oxymoron.

anime-like

You mean only if you never stop to fight a single enemy. Just going from room to room gives you levels out the ass. If you don't know exactly where you're supposed to go you'll kill most bosses in 2 or 3 hits.

remember to sage this shit thread and not give this faggot any (You)s

have a nice day

If it was a Sunrise production rather than outsourced.

There's been a ton of discussion on Sup Forums and Sup Forums, just go there. As for the series, it was okay. Animation was kinda stiff and the direction is lifeless but the character and art design is pretty damn good. VA was passable, dialogue ranged from awkward to outright awful (Ellis is a hack). Bishop was killed too quick, and the "evil church" thing is a tired cliche. Actual plotline is fine, Trevor is fun to watch, if a bit bland. I wish there were more actual Castlevania enemies. Whole thing was mostly a prologue, but I'll keep watching.

I want to drink Sypha's beer!

>those were made in nipland you dipshit.

Which I pointed out myself, but you worked your retarded weeaboo mind into a fizzy and jumped to shit post without even reading properly.

>who defines what anime is? you? definitely not
Anime is defined by the fans, and here I am as a long, long time fan telling you, it is. If the majority disagrees with me that's fine, been here too long to try and force a horse drink water. Eventually, you faggots are going to run into a wall and come to peace with the truth.

>if anime is a style then I am going to post every single one of those 9000+1 western cartoons who use the "style"

Could you give me some examples cause I simply don't have the time anymore to watch all anime, all cartoons and still pretend to have a normal life.

>that ok with you?

Dozo. Also, I singled you out from the others cause your text was atrocious, fix that shit.

You are one dumb motherfucker.

Do we really want to spend the next few weeks arguing about this?

The show was good. A little fast paced but as an anime and Castlevania fan I enjoyed it thoroughly and can't wait for more.

Not the Main bad guys

In the series, Dracula is evil because the Church killed his wife.

Only 4-5 Monsters appear on the second episode, 1 on the third one and a monster attack on the 4th one

Trevor fights vs regular townsfolk and priests

I prefer Classicvanias, I think Metroid games are shitty backtracking simulator.

That being said, SOTN as still bad for Metroid shit standards. The gameplay was almost as unbalanced, poorly designed and easily roken as Super Metroid. Everything Alucard does is OP. I think the later games like Circle of the Moon, Aria of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin and even Harmony of Dissonance had more balanced mechanics. I exclude Order of Ecclesia because it wasn't really Metroidish, which is why I liked it so much.

>And I've always been in those threads proving idiots wrong, like I'm doing right now.
>P&S with Garterblet is less of an anime than Castlvania
>an actual anime is "less of an anime" than something that is not
???????

>In the series, Dracula is evil because the Church killed his wife.
Well that's stupid, he's supposed to be dracula because he went mad with desire for revenge against god because she died while he fought in the crusades

What about ZZ Gundam?

>I am as a long, long time fan telling you
how long? you're probably not been into anime longer than me. I've been watching it since Astro Boy in the 70s.

If your opinion matters more than his simply because you've been into it longer, than you should heed my opinion and go to

P&S is not anime, everyone. The anime veteran said it himself. Pack your bags to .

No, it's fucking not, now kill yourself.

I hate you all so fucking much.

That's the funny thing though. By this guys definition 1960s classics like Astroboy or 70s stuff like Anne of Green Gables wouldn't even be classified as anime because it has they have to nothing in common with the "style" he has in mind of what anime is.

That's an exception. We may never know what ZZ Gundam really is.

gamers are retards, can't expect anything else from them

Why is Sup Forums so triggered over somethings that's not uguu~ moe trash of the season?

>The only visually consistent thing in anime over time stylistically is taking a limited animation approach.

If we don't take style into consideration, this leads to the troubling assumption that this board is a weeaboo heaven, since anything "not" from japan would be refused. Things that Sup Forums loved like Tsun Ken Rock, Freezing, and more. To add to this dilemma, you have japanese based studios out sourcing to the phillipines like Toei and others. Is that still anime then?

>The visual style of anime has changed dramatically from the 1960s until today, are anime and the old stuff isn't anymore because it doesn't have the same distinctive anime style?

No, since those are ingrained into the history of the growing japanese animation industry. We couldn't possibly claim a historic landmark as something else, since it came before the standard was set.

> We may never know what ZZ Gundam really is.
HONTOU NO KOTO SA.

Fuck off, Sup Forums anime that isn't that.

Maybe next time make a shitpost that's related to the topic at hand? You could at least try.

His first wife yes, and that was before he was called Dracula. Now we're talking about Lisa, his second wife and mother of Alucard.

Seriously? Dropped.

I prefer Castlevania as a black and white good vs. evil.

>since anything "not" from japan would be refused
Yes, it is.
> this board is a weeaboo heaven
No, that just means it's a fucking board for Japanese cartoons, not that you can only like Japanese cartoons. That's like saying Sup Forums is a board for people who refuse to consume any non-vidya media. Talk about other stuff elsewhere.

> Things that Sup Forums loved like Tsun Ken Rock, Freezing
Both of those are from Japan, retard, they just have Korean authors. Just like Tekkonkinkreet is from Japan despite the gaijin director.

His wife was killed by the witch because she knew science, so le evil christianity killed her.

>Sup Forums anime that isn't that.

The church in castlevania was always more gray, but yeah I get your point.

Also, I should point out that Freezing is not and has never been beloved on Sup Forums, the exact opposite - Im-Dall Young is universally detested, and even Boichi's reputation is pretty low.

If you are going to accept that anime from the 1960s is anime then you are accepting that there is no single anime style. It has nothing to do with this board being "weeaboo" heaven and everything to do with it being made to discuss Japanese animation, not animation attempting to imitate Japanese animation. It's like going onto a forum about English Literature and starting to post about Japanese Literature and wondering why nobody wants you there. There are other places for that shit.

Would you?

The fuck do you think weeaboo means? Liking anything japanese doesnt make you a weeaboo. Go back to with your made up definitons.

Those are meme threads and several of those shows are normalfag ironic weeb trash.

>church are bad guys
>church priest use church magic water to kill demon
not so bad guy to me

>I've been watching it since Astro Boy in the 70s.

You're opinion is the only one I'm interested in since you're a proven anime pro. Did you buy VHS tapes too, or did you just watch what was on tv?

>If your opinion matters more than his simply because you've been into it longer, than you should heed my opinion

If I went to Sup Forums and started discussing what constitutes anime, I'd get much the same reaction as I am now, bro. This is the only board where we can talk about what anime is or isn't in peace, long as you ignore the retards.

False equivalence

Why is this off-topic thread still up?

since this dude is too retarded to understand, I'm going to break it down for him

>An anime (Japanese: アニメ, [aɲime] (About this sound listen), plural: anime)[a] is a Japanese hand-drawn or computer animation.
- Wikipedia

>アニメ: anime (when referring to Japanese cartoons)
- Jisho.org

>アニメーション(animation)の略。ただし英語圏でanimeという場合は、日本製のアニメーションを意味し、他のアニメーションをanimeとは呼ばない。
- weblio.jp

happy? now get out