I am writing this post to share my views on Chrollo, and see what other people think...

I am writing this post to share my views on Chrollo, and see what other people think.I think Chrollo so far is a pretty bland character. We know absolutely nothing about what he wants and what drives him. Don't get me wrong, he is one of my favorite characters, but that's just because he's "cool", "macho": strong, unshakeable, smart, and daring; in a word, powerful.

Even so, as I've said, we know very little about the beliefs that lead him to do what he does, which is easily regarded as insanity. I'm not saying he will always be like that, I really hope we'll get to know more about him; but as he is now, I cannot really regard him as a well made character.

Of course, I have my theories, which I am going to share. They are based mainly on two things he said in a famous fight:

>he cannot see the difference between humans and puppets
>humans are so very interesting

So, why would comment that humans are interesting?

First, the way he said that makes it sound like he does not consider himself human. If we accept the reasoning baove, that may be because, having accepted there is nothing special about humans at all, there is no reason to call them that way, to distinguish them: humans are only the ones who are willing to keep on living until their necessary death as if tehre was some kind of sense.

And why would Hisoka be interesting?
Here, I can think of two main possibilities:
>a "biological" fascination: in fighting against what to Chrollo appears as certain death, and proactively seeking situations that bring it close to him, Hisoka is defying his biology, which would have him live no matter what.

>a nihilistic reason: Chrollo is amazed by how stupid, or at least stubborn, humans can be. Hisoka does something with mad passion despite the fact that everything is utterly pointless.

Chrollo has more depth then Hisoka imo. Re read yorknew if you have the time. If not I'll say it,

He's from Meteor city, a city of outcasts who are garbage. He cares about the troupe like family, when Uvogin died he cried and orchestrated a mas murder to honor him. To him anyone besides the troupe members are like tools. He doesn't see them as human.

His interest is chaos. We know the troupe steals from rich people but they also do some philanthropy, I assume for other outcasts.

agree

Yeah, Hisoka is more interesting.

Chrollo fulfills his promise to a dead friend to wreak havoc

Remember that time Chrollo committed genocide, tortured multiple women and children and then ripped an 8 year old's head off and sold it?
He was a good friend.

Humans...how very interesting...

Only people that think/thought the he is/was cool/interesting are nostalgiafags that got in HxH as kids.

He's always been boring.

HUMANS

I really believe that this line would've been much less divisive and much more interesting if he had said "Humans. We truly are so very fascinating"

A million times less cliche and actually would build up on the wet blanket that is Chrollo.

almost all the spiders are shit characters, so what?

I agree.

Someone have the image comparison of Gon with the "I'll kill you"?

Redditollo

>Chrollo is bland
>make big post dissecting the character
You people are ridiculous.

he's a poor man's sensui.

seems to me like it's the opposite

>dissect his character
>realise he is bland
>make post

shut the fuck up

like all of the spiders, he's just bored and wants to have some fun. thieving allows them to have fun and provides an income.

Truly Chrollo, seems you are the real Hunter x Hunter.

>humans are so very interesting
I saw it a culmination of what he talked about previously.

1. the order stamp owner thought differently about dead people and Chrollo commented that "humans are strange creatures"

2. He says that exploring the soul of the owner of the skill he steals is the true joy of it. Hatsus or skills are all based on the personalities of the owners, even Chrollo's.

3. He says the line "humans truly are interesting" after Hisoka after Hisoka says yes to a "100 percent defeat" as Chrollo puts it.

I saw it as light characterization on top of explaining the abilities(to the viewer really).

Chrollo cheated, a real 1v1 and /ourguy/ clown would btfo the chrollocheater.

I wanna get rapped by Hisoka.

That's a pretty intense dance-off.

Chrollo only pretends to be deep when in fact, he just really likes stealing things.
Also how does his ability work? Does he seal the opponent's hatsu inside his book? If it is a seal, then does that mean a nen excorcist could undo it like they'd undo a curse?

>>a nihilistic reason: Chrollo is amazed by how stupid, or at least stubborn, humans can be. Hisoka does something with mad passion despite the fact that everything is utterly pointless.
He's called retarded gay clown for good reasons

he a fag

O

Another speedreader faggot , he cannot see the difference between humans corpses and puppets