Watamote

I believed in her.

I thought I had finally found a series that understood me. I followed the anime and manga religiously to the point where I don't know where I would be if I didn't know what Tomoko was up to. Tomoko seemed to me the carbon copy of what I am and through her I was able to laugh at my situation. I have never been so happy as when I read Tomoko's misadventures. For once in my life I felt validated, like it was okay to be some perverted outcast. But the story started to change. Tomoko started getting friends. She is becoming popular. There is no better evidence than the last chapter where we see more people talking about her than we have ever seen before. So I guess I ask you why Sup Forums? Why does this character who had no means of being a normal person suddenly acting like a popular girl. She is by no means a good person and I am identical to her and yet where is my fucking happy ending? The series that I watched/read is betraying me to the point where I feel all alone again. What the fuck happened? Tomoko did not change and somehow she is the talk of the town while I am still stuck in this social limbo. I have grown to hate this series because each chapter shows Tomoko straying from what she used to be: a relatable shut in who was against the world. It has gotten to the point where I have to drink heavily before I read a chapter because it has gotten so unbearable that I need to be numbed before I see how much better Tomoko is doing compared to me. I hate her. The very person who I had been worshiping a year ago became the very thing I hate. It hurts anons. I wanted to see her go through the same pains I did when growing up but now that I see her overcoming the obstacles I failed at, I became vengeful. I want to see her fail. What the fuck has she done to deserve what I never got? I only read the chapters now because I want her to fall back down to my level. Has there ever been an anime series that you have emotionally invested in that has failed you?

>twgok
any other takamiki wakaki work

Elliot Rodger, is that you?
Aren't you supposed to be burning in hell?

well he's posting in Sup Forums...

She actually attempts to change unlike youre faggot ass. She also has a friend that drags her out to do normie shit and tries out normie shit even though its outta her comfort zone. You are just some loser who probably doesn't even attempt change and stays angry and vindictive towards the world but its fine you get what you deserve.

BEST GIRL

That's pretty blunt user but it's basically true.

The key thing is trying to change, you'll be surprised how much the world actually opens up when you earnestly try to change. You really can't give up, because the minute you give up is when every door closes.

Even Tomoko with her awkward ass demeanor and autism tendencies, still at least tried to talk to people. And somehow a few of them stuck.

...Even if one of them is a delinquent, another seems to enjoy her misery, and another is a closet stalker with hate/love tendencies.

She also has a few people supporting her as well. But the point still stands

>Tomoko did not change
You weren't paying attention

You guys act like she is making an effort. She has not changed her personality it just happens that she runs into people that accept her for who she is which is untrue of real life.

>She has not changed her personality
Someone hasn't been reading the manga.

I have been and she is still the vindictive perverted degenerate I know.

No, not at all. She became a better person.

Example: at some point she stopped hating Nemoto's group; she even outright tells it how said hate had no purpose. Letting out your irrational hatred of someone is a very big step.

I hope the manga ends soon. I mean great she has become a normie, good for her now end it and dont rub it in

>relates to Tomoko because she's alone, awkward and miserable

>can't use her change of fortune as inspiration to achieve the same, instead, you start to hate her

If you weren't so self-destructive and had the willpower to convince, maybe delude yourself that you can do it too because Tomoko is doing it, then maybe you could actually do it too.

well he isnt a cute anime grill so thats very unlikely but still ganbaremasu

Nigga what? She's started to go more with the flow. Shes begun to just not care about certain things she used get really nervouse about as well.

You're just some speed reading fag whose so desprate to see some one as pathetic as them in some show just so you don't feel alone. You can't accept the fact people can change through effort cause that would mean all your faults are mostly of your own doing. And guess whats its probably true seeing as you chose to start this thread instead of possibly working to improve your life. Hell I bet the only people more pathetic than you are bronies, but that might not be true since bronies actually have social groups. So you are below even them

She has become half normie if anything, she's still a degenerate at heart. I still love the series, though now I don't have to fucking hide my head in embarassment for the MC.

Honestly, I'm more interested in what she becomes AFTER high school. School life is a lot like a fucking hugbox once you get a few friends but once you're out of going to school then the isolation starts to hit.

It's why there's so much fucking shows about people being hikimoris like Welcome to NHK.

Try taking some inspiration from tomoko

Sure is summer in here.

with that attitude you ain't gonna change

Maybe if try to change your self you wouldnt be in that same spot right now...When I was in high school I didnt have many friends and I felt isolated.For me the game changer was when I started working out,in the beging it was hell but I dint quit it. After 2 years people at gym or in the park started aproching me,even the girls...And my confidence boosted up...My advice to everybody who feels like being isloated is to start working out or try doing some sports.

Do you have a vagina OP?
If you don't there is the problem women have inherent value, she was never like you

Why do you keep using ellipsis like that. Are you fucking retarded?

Have you ever been over Sup Forums?
Biggest spergs on this site

BAZZINGA!1!!

>Tomoko started getting friends.

Are you referring to Yui who was introduced in the first few chapters, the library girl she knew in middle school, the student president who took pity on her, or the 3 girls she was forced to spend time with on the school trip?

>She is becoming popular. There is no better evidence than the last chapter where we see more people talking about her than we have ever seen before.

I guess being in the same class as them for 3 years helped them get to know her.

>Why does this character who had no means of being a normal person suddenly acting like a popular girl.

Because she'd deluded. Tomoko once tried to become the princess of the otaku by buying the same game as them.

>The series that I watched/read is betraying me to the point where I feel all alone again. What the fuck happened?

Tomoko was forced to spend time with other people.

>Tomoko did not change and somehow she is the talk of the town while I am still stuck in this social limbo.

It only seems this way because the manga only focuses on other characters when they talk about Tomoko.

>I have grown to hate this series because each chapter shows Tomoko straying from what she used to be: a relatable shut in who was against the world.

Because Tomoko grew as a person after each end of year graduation. Even in the early chapters she talks to her brother to get better at talking to guys.

>I wanted to see her go through the same pains I did when growing up but now that I see her overcoming the obstacles I failed at, I became vengeful.

She just went on a school trip and talks to people she's know for 3 years. Once she leaves school she'll be in a similar position to where she was at the start of the manga.

>I only read the chapters now because I want her to fall back down to my level.

Just how low are you when a girl who talks to her classmates is above you?

Good God what Pasta.

That's what you get with spics.

>OP
>I believed in him. I thought I had finally found a poster that understood me. I followed the thread and posts religiously to the point where I don't know where I would be if I didn't know what OP was up to. OP seemed to me the carbon copy of what I am and through him I was able to laugh at my situation. I have never been so happy as when I read OPs misadventures. For once in my life I felt validated, like it was okay to be some perverted outcast. But the story started to change. OP started getting friends. He's is becoming popular. There is no better evidence than the last post where we see more people talking about him being a faggot than we have ever seen before. So I guess I ask you why Sup Forums? Why does this poster who had no means of being a normal person suddenly acting like a popular guy. He is by no means a good person and I am identical to him and yet where is my fucking happy ending? The thread that I watched/read is betraying me to the point where I feel all alone again. What the fuck happened? OP did not change and somehow he is the talk of the board while I am still stuck in this social limbo. I have grown to hate this poster because each thread shows OP straying from what he used to be: a relatable shut in who was against the world. It has gotten to the point where I have to drink heavily before I read a chapter because it has gotten so unbearable that I need to be numbed before I see how much better OP is doing compared to me. I hate him. The very person who I had been worshiping a year ago became the very thing I hate. It hurts anons. I wanted to see her go through the same pains I did when growing up but now that I see him overcoming the obstacles I failed at, I became vengeful. I want to see him fail. What the fuck has she done to deserve what I never got? I only read the threads now because I want him to fall back down to my level. Has there ever been an OP poster that you have emotionally invested in that has failed you?

Look at all these losers waiting for a season 2 that will never come.

I highly doubt most people here expect a season 2 or want a season 2.

I'm a manga pleb for the most part and I've found most adaptations kind of suck.

I think it's the exact opposite. She's different now becuase she's stopped trying to change. At the start of the series, she tries way too hard to fit in and looks down on others in an attempt to seem superior, and that drives people away. Over the course of the series, she stops caring so much and just lets people know she's a perverted and often aggressive person. But this allows her to have natural and real conversations with others, and over time they come to be comfortable with her, if not necessarily like her.
Reread the series and see how many times at the start she has an internal monologue about how the popular girls are all bicthes and the guys playing video games are all losers. Then over time she stops doing that, and just openly insults people in the occurance that she thinks something nasty. See: her telling fang girl to get her teeth fixed in the latest chapter, which makes Yuri laugh.
I love it because it's such a true-to-life way for someone like that to develop. The same thing happened to me to a certain extent, and way more to one of my friends who's way more like Tomoko. He used to be very isolated and hateful, always clamming up when actually with people but endlessly ranting about them behind their backs. Now he's very social and is always hanging out with people, he's just known as the pessimistic asshole of the group.

usually I'm a manga extremist as well but in this case I found the anime to be at least on par. Kitta Izumi does a wonderful job with her voice and the soundtrack was pretty good as well.

>manga extremist

He might blow up at any time so watch out. Make sure to report any radical manga posting as well.

Not him,but I recently read Pupa and it may be one of the more extreme cases of "We ain't got time to animate this so we won't put it in" ever,so it's justifiable in some cases.

H-hey, don't bully manga extremists. Or I'll tell you that your waifu is shit!

Anime was good but it was too niche, it had no success because it reminded the people watching it of themselves instead of being escapism. I buy all the translated volumes that come out westward, one of the few series I actually do that for.

Hope it gets better user

I kind of feel the same. But I have no resentment she is still socially awkward in my opinion

>expecting normalfags to pander to people like you
Write your own story, user. No one can pander to you harder than yourself.

99% of the time a story works better in the medium it was originally released in, because it was written for that medium. The story of a manga is written to be presented in a manga, so it'll work better there than in an anime. The story of a novel is written to be presented in a novel, so it'll work better there than in a movie. Etc.

>not dying a martyr's death for your otaku hobby
it's like you don't even want your 72 waifus after death

What? Does Tomoko become better in the manga? She still seemed like an absolute fucking autist at the end of the show.

>Does Tomoko become better in the manga?
She has a harem now.

S J W
S RESPECT
J FOR
WOMEN

Fucking for real? I thought she stated an interest in a boyfriend. Lesbos work too, though.

Does her brother still hate her?

They have a pretty decent sibling relationship. He thinks she is an idiot sometimes and she has this sort of patronizing older sibling smugness about her sometimes but they get along fine. And yes a couple girls have a sort of infatuation with her now. Emoji is spiraling into amateur stalker type behavior.

i agree, it basically is accept yourself for who you are and i will add that you should never loose the will to improve when you can because accepting you will give a feeling of release but shit's hard outside regardless

I just caught up with the other volumes. She has friends and it makes me smile. It reminds me of how I was in high school

Who's going to rape Tomoko first: Nemoto or Ucchi

Her and her brother get along better now and he kinda worries about her a little off and on, but I think he has picked up she's interacting with people now.

Tomoko has gained "friends" through attrition and being forced to interact with people. She can now actually hold a normal conversation with human beings after basically being forced to do so enough that she stops shutting down. She still has no idea about much beyond casual conversation, and is kinda weirded out by stuff like say; another girl asking to paint her nails because Tomoko recommended her a book she ended up liking during a day where school got mostly cancelled due to snow AFTER she arrived.

Most of the girls don't know what to make of her because Tomoko is actually not trying to fake being someone else as much anymore and kinda just lets shit slip when she gets comfortable momentarily. I kinda like this because duh- they aren't privy to what we see of her. Tomoko at best comes off as quiet, kinda snarky, and private, and because some of the favors her brother does her causes her to interact with popular/handsome guys there could be misunderstandings that they think she has some sort of charm they don't understand.

She's still weird old Tomoko however- still sorta perverted, still pessimistic, still the kind of person who'd rather just stay in and go out, still socially retarded in that she's bad at reading social cues or understanding much beyond basic interactions. She just doesn't have absolutely crippling social anxiety anymore.

>Why does this character who had no means of being a normal person suddenly acting like a popular girl. She is by no means a good person and I am identical to her and yet where is my fucking happy ending?
Highschool is literally easy mode to get friends. Just like it happened to Tomoko it sould happen to everyone, eventually you get friends. You don't even have to try. You have to make an effort to be a loner.

i kinda keep noticing this in watamote threads but ya'll do get the context behind all of the stuff where the girls keep wondering if one another are lesbos and stuff right

it's pretty common for nip girls in middle and high school to have "practice relationships" with another girl because nip social conditioning has rendered BOTH sexes retarded when it comes to interacting

so yeah, girls will hook up in middle and high school- some will just be really close friends and basically teach eachother to try to interact with others, some will actually fuck. They eventually will meet their Chaddo Thundaacakko and go straight- this is normal and going from being a lesbo in school to being in a straight relationship is generally viewed as a girl finally growing up and becoming a mature adult

Underrated

You know you're fucking up if you're becoming jealous of a goddamn fictional character.

you are fucking pathetic, not sure if this a pasta or just bait but you are pathetic you should kys for not being able to make a single friend in your life and for not attempting to change the situation for good you are waste space in this world please take my advice and just hang yourself because there is not salvation for you.

Not OP but even if it wasn't pasta if you're going to insult someone, at least make it a personal attack and not the boring ass >kys LOL shit laughing animegirl.jpg

Shits boring.

This.

I'm a 26 years old female and I've been browsing Sup Forums since I was 16. I used to be a fat, kissless sore loser back then. I was a +100kg version of Tomoko. In 2009 I decided to get into medical college, after 2 years studying like a hermit I got into the best college of my country. Still fat and a virgin. I started reading several books, working out 3x/week and watching my diet. I lost around 50kg and my social skills improved. This year I decided to go back to the Church and I finally got a boyfriend. I'm still a virgin, but at least I'm not kissless anymore.

Stop being a lazy fuck and bite the iron pill, OP.

Are you still fat user?

Also is church really the place to find a partner for someone from Sup Forums? I honestly don't think I could stand a relationship with someone unless they at least played vidya a lot.

PS: Goodjob, I'm working on my degree while working fulltime myself.

You're screwing yourself out of a world of happiness if you think like that. It's not others' fault that you're a shut in social outcast, much less a fucking fictional character's. It's yours and yours alone and nobody can change that but yourself. You are running on a naive, irresponsible child's mentality and you need to grow out of it asap.

I have formally diagnosed autism and generalized anxiety disorder. I had to attend a special needs school because the normie school literally expelled me for being a potential school shooter and for getting bad grades. I was a fat, dirty, gross NEET with 0 friends for most of my life. Now I'm in medical school, I have a gf, and I hang out with friends almost every weekend. All because I realised that I was blaming everybody in the world for my flaws, except myself.

Hello fellow medfag. Congrats on the weight loss.

Kill yourself.

Sup Forums as in blogs and normalfaggotry.

Welcome to Watamote threads.

Watch oregairu then you faggot.

Tomoko accepted her condition and stopped giving a fuck whatever happened, she stopped giving a shit about what others thought and was paired with some oddballs she kept bumping onto. This is the natural course of things, theres no way you can really end up completely alone unless you keep rejecting everyone around you.

I only reject people cause i have trust issues because of years of bullying. I'm hurting myself in the long run but hey i've just gotten used to it.

fuck off to facebook

Suck my cock first.

Watamote is pretty boring right now.
I guess generic SoL just isn't for me.

I knew those threads where bad but i never expected this level of pathetic failed normalfag bullshit, OP is truly the embodiment of faggotry.

You must be fucking new as fuck.

A lot of Sup Forums threads become like that, hell a lot of /vg/ has blogposts.
At least there aren't tripfags here, this is pretty light.

>girl
>virgin
>has a boyfriend
What's stopping you from getting rid of your virginity?

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

What's the rush?

She is maybe a pathetic trash human being, but she retaliates a lot.
> a relatable shut in who was against the world.

She actively fights against the world and fails repeatedly generating lots of experience and slowly influencing people around her. She adapted to her trash personality and understood that world of normalfags isn't just a happy fairy tale and that it isn't worth of getting into. That's how she made progress.

>She is becoming popular.
>she is the talk of the town
Yes, notorious awkward creepy girl. That's exactly what she wants to be.

Umaru is better.

Breaking news: You don't have to be comformist in order to get friends.

For longest time I tried to be nice to everyone, keep my composture, be neutral and above things, catter to everyones needs and be positively popular. Everything just in order to not hated. However since I am not that kind of person, it just lead to awkwardness and being under social pressure (that never existed in the first place).

Only recently I've adopted attitude: They can either accept me or fuck off. And man, it feels so good. I still suck and am pathetic but atleast I'm not held back by my insecurities and can enjoy life.

I think that Sup Forums in general played main part in that change, but Watamote certainly triggered something inside me.

She went from a person that's unable to voice her thoughts and be herself with others, that's more than just a bit.
There is alway somebody that is as quirky as you, or more, and seeking to meet people. If you have literally no friends it's most likely your fault.
I am as asocial and awkward as the next guy, anybody who meets me knows I am weird, and yet I can always make friends, and I am ready to try new things to meet new people when I want to, and honestly that's all you really need to do.

She's growing up lads. Good time to be alive.

>Being this jaded you can't be happy when good things happen to people/characters you like
>Being so bitter you think everyone should be sad cos shit didn't work out for you

I'd wager these traits are why you're unpopular

/r9k/ fags are so fucking retarded

>watching your autistic child slowly grow up and be less of a sperg.

Not sure how to feel.
Also I almost know for a fact we won't explore her older life but damn would I be happy to see at least an epilogue of Tomoko as an adult. Maybe even with a child who is just as bad as her.

nah babies ever after would be the worst kind of epiloge and totally OOC

Hmm, maybe she can stay as a single aunt and she can be watching over he brother's daughter who seems just as bad as Tomoko?

Or maybe her brother just looking over his daughter and thinking "fuck, this girl is just like my annoying ass sister...".

OP, the first step to emulating Tomoko's success is to grasp the concept of paragraphs. That enter key exists on your keyboard for a reason.

I have a normie as fuck friend who fucks a different girl a week through tinder or whatever.

He's my best friend and nigga doesn't mind that I'm playing panty quest games on Vita with anime girls moaning and shit. It's not my fault you couldn't find someone who likes you for you.

I just don't think that Tomoko would ever wanted anything to to with children, let alone becoming a parent and having one of her one.
The second scenario is a possibility tho

*of her own

>identical to her
Are you fat? Then no you aren't. She is both a woman and not a blob, therefore she always had inherent worth compared to most of the fatties on this site. Even if she only looks plain there's still a big market for that in Japan.

>there's no way you can really end up completely alone
Family don't count dummy, they will leave you very soon. It's very easy to end up with zero non-family contact by doing nothing.

Yes.
But I'd rather hold your hand and pat your head.

I want to be Tomoko

>just BEE yourself
user, it's not that easy. OP's a faggot, but he has a point. I'm so lonely, this summer.
>tfw kissless virgin
At least I had friends once, they've all left.

the age of tomoko is over anons

but it's only just beginning

its over

She is vindictive perverted degenerate that's less afraid of interacting with people.

quads confirm