What went wrong?

What went wrong?

nothing?

Happy ending without any NTR doesn't suit your tastes?

needed more ahegao

Literally nothing.

Chinatsu didn't win.

Moving away plot
Pointless timeskip when the ending would have had a much bigger impact if it left it open.
Just kidding I didn't even watch it

Boring characters, slow moving plot, horrible CG zombies.
Seriously, nothing really makes it stand from other love drama. I'll concede that they are more often seen in movies than TV shows, but it is still average as fuck.

Boring as fuck.

/thread

You don't get to see them fuck and hear akanes cute little sighs as kotaro awkwardly puts himself inside her for the first one

Chinatsu was best girl

Chinatsu was a homewrecking slut user

>Chinatsufags still buttblasted

Thinking about it, maybe love drama are more seen on movies rather than on 12 episodes TV show because you can't stretch those things to 4 hours without them being boring as fuck or with pointless drama.
They should have added more gags.

>you'll never have a phone relationship with a girl

Nothing.
Its not perfect as I did find the "I'm moving away" part really cliche and it went against the whole direction up to the that point of portraying a "real" first love relationship.
But still liked how it ended.

>Boring characters, slow moving plot
When you read something like this you dont even ned to hire a psychiatrist to come to the conclusion to someone suffers from a severe mental disorder. Slow moving plot, now I've heard it all.

This is the correct answer. It cheapened the experience. However, it was handled really well so they can be forgiven for it. If this show had Kyoani or Shinkai animation with everything else being unchanged it would tower over all other shows in the genre, and almost all shows outside of it. People who claim otherwise are unable to appreciate nuances and subtle implications, they need everything pointed out to them.

Somebody decided to make this shitty show.

And a beach episode. Everything is better with a beach episode.

Yup - the animation - especially the CG 1st year maya student walk animations really really hurt it being a flawless victory. That said, I don't think Kyoani would have done a better job directing, animating, yes. But the director Seiji Kishi did an absolutely phenomenal job with shot composition and scene direction. Step back and ignore the beast wars level of animation in parts, presume they aren't as jarring as they were - there are so many little cuts or cues or clues and shot compositions that tell a story all on their own that you simply cannot fault the directing - for anything.

The director was one of the hard-carries in the talent pool, I hope in time more people realize that. Also, it was an original story so there was no pre-loaded soft guide to storyboarding for them. If it's anything like film the director was also responsible for assembling the cuts, from whole cloth in this case.

But moving away at that age happens all the time. And it does tend to break up couples. Ive seen it happen at least twice. How the fuck is that scenario not realistic?

There was no timeskip. Only a slideshow at the end.