Has your country's myths been defiled in an anime yet?

Has your country's myths been defiled in an anime yet?

What's a canadian myth?

HELLO

Independence.

The one about you guys burning down the white house when the British actually did it?

>What's a native american?

the day of the rake

>Russian Jew.
Yeah. repeatedly.

Probably about 50 various haunted lighthouses.

Or how about a national identity. We're so desperate that people latched onto a fucking fast food chain.

Don't worry, you guys are importing so many chinamen and refugees you'll have a culture eventually

Don't you have any history?

Is there nothing taught?

I remember grades 5-10 being nothing but minutiae about the fur trade, and a big list of who discovered what. We'd "learn" about pemmican every year. They managed to foster a powerful apathy towards our history, at least among my age cohort.

Not being the 51st state?

We learned a bit about the Great Century, the events that led to the anglos settling in and how Canada stopped being a colony. All that in a year and a half.
The rest of the time was spent learning about the natives.

Canada doesn't even have a history AS Canada until 1931.

J U S T

Wendigos?

I guess the U.S. had more fun.

Warplan Red would have been a doozy.

You should be fucking honored more people know about your stolen history, you filthy brit

Or is this shit about neglecting to mention controversial topics and actions?

I mean they still could have taught stuff about the empire and the commonwealth.

About how the Britons were having fun and raiding the entire world using Canadian taxes?

>Still no anime on kino Iranian myths
>Still no anime on kino Indian myths
>Still no anime on kino African myths

Not yet but one of these days. Europe,China and Japan have been done to death though.

The Hulk and Wolverine have already defiled that one.

>kino
Go back to whatever board you crawled out from.

Wolf men are not wendigos.

Iranian myths could be cool because then you could bring in Assyrian/Bronze Age legends, but I honestly have not interest in poo in loo or nigger mythology

>Iranian myths
Like what?
>Indian myths
Okay, this is a valid point
>African myths
WE

Fuck off savage.

Ancient Magus Bride

They made Finland's most famous WW2 hero a cute girl

Does that count?

Actually, as an appendum, Iranian mythology would basically be Persian, so then you have all of zoroastrianism to work with, which would be cool.

There aren't wendigos in England, user.

Well, duh. Wendigos are not real.

Marvel's Wendigos aren't wolf men. Like in the myths, they're spirits that possess humans that commit cannibalism and turn them into giant murderous white monsters.

In what anime does Simo appear?

tfw no william tell servant ;_;

altough I dont know if a story written by some german author can be considered a myth

In literally every goddamn fantasy product they make. It's extremely tiresome.

Probably? But trolls and like are not exclusively norwegian so maybe not.

(S)he only appears in the Shiroi Majo manga so not really in anime.

Have Roman deitis ever appeared in anime?

Yes.

You do realize that it's called Roman catholic church, right?

Fuck you, you don't know if they are or not. People think trolls aren't real but look at Norway. Checkmate, atheist.

What is Saint Seiya

My country's myth is a Gozilla's main Nemethis. Zmey Gorynych

Digimon has the Olympus 12.

They worship a Middle Eastern god though.

Why hasn't there been a Paul Bunyan anime?

cool story bro

Greek deities. To be fair Roman ones were just recolors.

It's not a myth, but Jeanne d'Arc's story has been toyed with a lot in anime. Two currently airing shows actually have a Jeanne d'Arc in their cast.

While he lives in England, Ellias is originally from somewhere in the north of Canada.

I'm not quite sure there is any German Myth other than the Niebelungen Lied, we kinda stole everything else from the Scandis.

There are a bunch of anime with Siegfried, Brynhylde and Dragons tho!

Who was born on Roman soil, grew up under Roman governance and executed under Roman orders.

American independence anime when

But the was just a recolor of Middle Eastern Myths.

There's plenty of Scandi stuff in anime. Off the top of my head I can't really think of anything that really offends me, though.

*tips*
Any evidence?

Nope. Roman editors actually made sure that the new religion was fit for Rome.

Captain Harlock is all over the Rhine gold myth.
Arisslan Senki and RG Veda come to mind.

tfw no one cares about Portugal

Not even Spain cares about Portugal.

Not yet.

Indian myths are used a good amount, they constantly use shiva in anime and manga

And Iranian myth has roots with Sinbad right?

Not even Mexico cares about Spain

Lindel's turf was the upper Scandinavian area with rangings in the Russian steppes before he relocated to Iceland. Canada was not his stomping ground.

I hail from Italy. Next to Venice.

I mean, if I wanted to be offended, I'd still be pretty puzzled as WHERE to start, wouldn't I?

Pic related

Not really. The Interpretatio Graeca didn't totally cover the orignal myths. Mars and Ares were pretty different, al least till the middle empire or something like that.

The whole Old Testament?

Canada is on the cutting edge of post-nationalism and as such they don't cling to ancient ideals like "history" or "clay".

Which countries does Japan has the most boners for? US, Finland, Germany, France, am I missing any?

Not everyone eating snow and maple syrup.

Norse mythology is defiled on a seasonal basis.

U.K.

THEY'LL NEVER DEFILE OUR BRAZILIAN MONKEY OLDSKOOL MEMETHOLOGY

I don't think anyone in Japan has any interest what so ever in African folktales and myths. I don't think anyone itt knows any and would nonchalantly say ,"lol niggers, "than admit ignorance.

Portugal is eternally safe from ever being defiled in anything thanks to Spain forming a natural cultural shield around us.
Or glorified, for that same matter.
Or acknowledged.

WE

you should read some old accounts of japan's impression of blacks. they literally had to be told by americans, yes --old school conservative americans-- that the black people were human and not some sort of summoned monster.

japan was THE most conservative nation on the planet at one point.

Hurrdurrdurr

>I don't think anyone in Japan has any interest what so ever in African folktales and myths.
What about professors and people who have doctorates in African mythology and lore employed by universities in Japan?

People keep forgetting that Egypt is part of Africa.

This meme still confuses me. I thought it concerns false historical claims made by blacks? For example, claiming that blacks were the original Samurai.

good posts

blacks make up a lot of shit.

look up beethoven and hannibal
>hannibal was a colonist
>beethoven was a tanned country boy

Italy

I actually watched this for a meme class I took in uni it was shit

Ireland.
Yes. Claoimh Solais was a sword, the word claoimh means sword. Didn't really bother me though, felt nicer to have some of our actual mythology referenced instead of "lol leprechauns" and Halloween.

What's more Irish than eating potatoes?
Not eating potatoes.

It used to be the US and still is. The UK is strong and so is Germany.

White South African here. There's a lot of great history to African folktales and myth. The issue is that it was never mass distributed like European folklore and myth. That shit has gone to every corner of the Earth. It's why whenever there's a non-Japanese setting it's pretty much always European.

It's not that African myth isn't really interesting, it's just that it was never distributed on a mass scale.

What about that time your most iconic warrior was turned into a spiky dinosaur?

>Indian myths
Betterman.

Speaking about egypt, what does Sup Forums thinks about coptic-japanese

>Resurrect ancient people
>They bring great scientific advancement

What? That's some dumb shit. They were advanced for their day but they'd be way out of their league in modern society.

God I wish we could have a CĂș Chulainn that didn't look so fucking gay.