Ballroom E Youkoso: Welcome To The Ballroom

Sweep Over the Dance Floor!

Are Horriblesubs still mediocre for this series? I downloaded the [Foxtrot] version and I really enjoyed the karaoke and how they edited the Amazon script.

When will Sengoku be relevant in the manga again?

How gay is it?

No gay, MC is 100% het.

0% gay
100% straight
even the wannabee lesbian is being rejected the fuck out of her

I miss them

Once the current arc finishes and Hyoudo and Shizuka make their plans to move oversees for high school.

Grand Blue has a similar level of comedy.

>mangaka decides not to have Sengoku show up until Tatara eventually makes his way to the Mikasa cup and see him in the audience

grand blue is quite overrated though, the humour more or less always revolves around the same kind of jokes and it tends to grow old

Seems pretty interesting.
Definitely a series I will follow this season.

Is the mange worth reading as well?

>after the Tenpei cup Gaju tells Tatara Mako has started wearing a bra and cries

Very straight

Can we talk about the animation in this episode?

There were some parts, like Tatara and Sengoku doing box, that were really well and smoothly animated. Even the opening of the DVD was pretty well-animated, though the dancer's faces lacked all definition. But then there were other parts, like Shizuku dancing or the ED, that were really kind of awkward.

yeah the manga is great

Chii-chan when

Eh, I dunno. There are some jokes that repeat, at least in basic form, but it's not like they're just copy-pasting jokes and gags from one chapter to the next. The last chapter was all about solving their virginity issue, but it was still totally different from previous chapters about that.

The art and the expressions that they make when they're pranking others are pretty much like what Sengoku and Chiduru look like when teasing Jirou.

S2. It looks like we'll get 6 episode per volume to finish up volume 4/Tenpei Cup arc. Or, at the very least, we'll finish up volume 5 when Tatara goes to high school and needs a partner to continue developing.

worst girl

>Can we talk about the animation in this episode?
Can't judge with the 1st episode alone.

Would Production IG frontload the anime's budget like this considering how many more dance scenes they have to animate?

Compared to Ping Pong, how do you guys think the series will do in terms of maintaining its animation quality?

Will the anime adaptation surpass the manga's plot progression at some point with 24 episodes?

No. This first episode was literally just chapter 1. Each volume has 4-6 chapters, so we'll only get up to volume 4/5.

They showed this visual though
They will make it until the metropolitan Tournament

So 2 cour only gets up to half the manga? At least this isn't one of those "buy the LN" series since minor LNs are rarely translated in full. And translations are slow.

They gave him quite the puppy eyes

I don't see where it can end right now since the current arc isn't finished so maybe it can go beyond.

resting puppy eyes.

>HorribleSubs
>subbing anything
HorribleSubs is literally just an official sub ripping script.

It'll probably end as they enter the Metropolitan tournament. Sets up a continuation for another 1 or 2-cour run once the manga gets further along.

Shizuku reminds me a lot of Kiyoko from Haikyuu.

His inner animal persona is a little dog afterall

You're not alone.

don't you mean it can go beyond. PLUS ULTRA

with the difference that she's quite relevant in the story

Nah, that's just going to be for the end of series preview for S2.

24 episodes translates into 6 months, which equals 6 chapters.

If Tatara and Chinatsu fail and drop out of the Metro tournament, they can easily reach the end of the arc in 6/7 chapters.

Right, but then the question is are Amazon subs shit?

shit taste

>Official subs on Twitch got gradually earlier because they broadcast it at 30 FPS rather than the natural 24 FPS.
It's like they didn't bother doing an internal QA broadcast before airing it.

Tatara is fucking the girls, let's be honest now.

Heathen

I kinda disagree.

That's hilarious. So they weren't hardsubbed?

She's still in middle school. It would be a literal crime.

They don't have to tell anyone. And she loved it.

First episode was fantastic, I hope the series does wqell.

is it a crime if a 15 years old fucks a (consenting) 12 years old?

It was okay. I liked the OP but the ED was lazy as shit. It did remind me of a bunch of stuff that I totally forgot about in chapter 1, like how Shizuku first treated Tatara or how much spaghetti he spilled.

oh god the dramatic music and lights make this really cringey for such a scene.

>12 years old

Fuck off. She's not 12.
Isn't she?

She's in middle school so like 13 or 14.

oh yeah, you're right, she's in 2nd year of middle school, which would correspond to 13-14 years old, while Tatara is in 3rd year, so 14-15 years old

being Shizuku is suffering

New chapter when? I'm dying over here.

raws are out, but no TL, check sen

i completely forgot that after the opening and saw them all as highschool or college students because they're so long and good.

i'm probably going to think this at all times except for the moments they bring it up.

That never happens, that is a key visual for season 1.

>ED is not The Last Waltz by Engelbert Humperdick

ONE
FUCKING
JOB

First ep was ok, it's just another sports anime.

I think my problem is that i don't know who the MC is, like the show didn't introduce him at all.
Does he leave this "muh future" faggotry fast? or i have to wait until mid season?

Man i miss Ei-chan.

Doesn't really leave his "muh future" phase, but he also doesn't really go on and on about it. Pretty quickly gets really into dancing and strives to get better.

They cut out a number of shit on Tatara that was in the first chapter, probably to get to that end scene faster.

Wait, new chapter?

I know they uploaded an update to Batoto and it was basically adding like 30 pages to the last chapter on there.

I ended up reading the manga all in one go after watching the first episode. My one complaint is that I don't entirely care for Chi-chan. I kind of hope that her and the MC can finally reach and understanding between each other and move on from all the squabbling and stubbornness.

>he isn't in love with best girl

>Chi-chan get rekt
I can't wait to see this scene.

Well, most people are attracted to Chinatsu as the main heroine because of the sexual tension that oozes out of her relationship with Tatara. It's not a healthy relationship, but it is one that both Tatara and Chinatsu want to make work, and one that has a natural chemistry that Tatara lacks with the cold Shizuku or the innocent Mako.

Chinatsu and Tatara's relationship is sexual tension at its finest.

The obvious problem with Chinatsu is hyper-masculine. She had always been the "leader" in female pairings, and became extremely good because of it. But she doesn't want that; she's come to hate being the leader despite how good she is at it. She want's to be GIRLY. She wants to BE LED. She's stuck with the only guy in the world willing to put up with her, the consummate male-follow: Tatara.

The obvious problem with Tatara is he's effeminate. In dancing, the man CANNOT be so. He must be aggressive and lead. He's terrible at it because he has no idea what he wants, or, at least doesn't know what it is himself. But he doesn't want that; he's come to hate being this shadow of a better follower, despite how good he is at it. He wants to be MANLY. He wants TO LEAD. He's stuck with the worst follower dancer he's ever met, the concummate female-leader: Chinatsu.

And they both know it.
About each other. About themselves.
They are both the absolute worst dance partners for each other but also the absolute best life-partners. And because they both want of themselves what the other has, and wants for them what they have of themselves...once it clicks, they're chemistry will open an entire new world for them. They're perfect for each other.

Tatara x Chinatsu relationship is parallel with Tatara's father marriage isn't it?
I mean Tatara father has divorced with Tatara Mom because of unhealthy relationship .

Really good insight user, here's a (You)