Boruto Chapter 14

Discuss the chapter and any other content pertaining to the Boruto series. Try not to be faggots.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GvFjtKPNfNE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>discuss Naruto
>but try not to be faggots
This doesn't even make sense. Fuck off, Narutards.

>Shojoji has green hair

Ruined.

What color did you think he'd have?

Something that doesn't look stupid.

Such as?

I'm glad that we're seeing new jutsus even if it's just a lightning shuriken and a wind barrier

There was also a wind sword, apparently. Anyway, what's really cool about that picture is that Boruto is using the same handsign as he did with the Kote to cast the lightning jutsu in the movie. See?

>There was also a wind sword
Found it, but I think niggerstream fucked up and gave it the same name as the other technique.

How long will this series run?

Hopefully not 15+ years.

>Kishimoto finnally finishes Naruto.
>great, maybe now he can write something as good as early Naruto was.
>he writes Naruto 2:electric bugaloo

what a waste of a man who had at one point displayed some degree of talent.

And as you'd know, casting jutsu with one hand is usually something only geniuses can accomplish. Itachi and Haku, particularly. Well, by using the same seal system to cast normal jutsu as the Kote, Boruto is basically making a shortcut to more easily and efficiently cast simple elemental jutsu. Which means his cheating in the movie actually benefited him as a ninja since now he has a better way to use jutsu that he otherwise wouldn't have had if he didn't use the Kote to cheat in the exam.

Kishimoto's not writing this, just supervising.

Kishi isn't writing which is why Boruto is so good so far.

Is it just me or was Ikemoto's art not completely hideous for once? Probably because the only two characters in the chapter were a fat bearded guy and Bort.

is he writing anything or just living off that nardo money?

He's "supervising" - so that could mean anything from giving his input on every chapter or sitting back and doing fuckall.

He makes over sees Boruto and makes changes when needed (he told SP to make the Hyuga visit in the anime two episodes long instead of one).

Back in 2014 when Naruto ended he said he wanted to make a monthly sci fi series but nothing has been said about it since.

>Shojoji has a "secret" to tell Bort and co. next month
I hope he's not finished yet, otherwise that'd be pretty underwhelming. He was introduced as a ninja who could steal abilities, right, and instead he's just this fat asshole with 2 jutsu who gets rekt in a single chapter?

>Back in 2014 when Naruto ended he said he wanted to make a monthly sci fi series but nothing has been said about it since
Honestly he should just retire.

His art is good, the sooner plebs stop wanting him to draw his manga like Kishimoto did Naruto they'll realize that. His paneling is great and very fluid, his only problem is lack of shading.

You retards are just too used to the more generic shonen style Naruto has, it's more of a cartoonish style. Ikemoto's art is something you'd find more in Seinen manga, it's another kind of style.

Narutards complain because they just want someone like Toyotaro that replicates and traces over the original art, Ikemoto draws his own thing

>as good as early Naruto was
Was it even that good though?

He doesn't steal abilities he steals identities. Granted, included in that is the knowledge of the jutsus the people he eats used, but IIRC it's extremely hard to mold chakra outside of your elemental affinities. Also, he's a wind user and also IIRC wind users are fairly rare, so he's not gonna get a lot of those among his victims.

Kishi's got talent, that can't really be denied. But I think Ikemoto has his strengths too. But yeah, the dude should shade more. Especially considering his style is more detailed than Kishi's like you said.

Kishimoto doesn't have to do shit for the rest of his life

He made the 2nd most popular manga of all-time and 3rd most successful one of all-time as well

I've already gotten used to his character proportions and desu I prefer them now. He fucks some things up now and again--especially with Salad--but otherwise I'm really liking the art.

While the fight was short I liked all the little strategies. Like Shojoji Shojoji using his massive arms to blow blow the smoke away to reveil Boruto's clone's locationm

>he steals identities
And abilities, he even says so. Regardless, I just figured a character like him would assume several different forms with various jutsu, but like I said, he might not be down for the count. Not to mention his bingo book picture had a slimmed down version, and he's already pretty fast even with all that extra bulk.

Does anyone have a link to a youtube Video of the Nue fight with good quality that's not an AMV?

So are we just going to gloss over the fact that Boruto's Rasengan, in addition to disappearing, can apparently pull targets into its vortex? Am I just crazy for thinking that? It's in the games too, this weird vortex of suction after he uses it on someone.

And in the manga again, it's no coincidence.

land of waves and chunin exams are top tier battle shonen arcs.

One of the things I liked the most is just the fact that Boruto was thinking during the whole thing, and not just screaming like a retard.
>this guy has a jutsu that can reflect other jutsu so long as he can recognize it
>so i probably cant punk his ass like i did momoshiki
>better try to obscure his vision with a smoke bomb
Simple shit like that.

The land of waves has not aged well, especially if you're talking about the anime. And the chuunin exams are so long as pointless they could be considered a series in and of themselves.

So what if Shojoji needs the extra body mass to transform into someone else and after Boruto defeated him will revert back to the skinnier version we see in his photo?

Or maybe he's just been going overboard with the body-snatching super crime since that pic was taken, and eating all those people has made him fat?

Fuck mangastream and their deviantart shilling.
That fucking Sakura made me want to vomit.

Maybe, but that'd be kinda lame don't ya think? Why would they show a skinny, ominous version of him in a photo and then have him turn out to be as Boruto put it, a big fat pig?

It's kinda like Buu, right? He was this big fat pink fuck but then became a serious threat after absorbing Piccolo and Gohan.

I thought the Sarada was worse desu

Nice shoes

Why is Rufus from SF4 in Boruto?
>GET READY FOR MY ULTIMATE NINJUTSU
>SPACE OPERA SYMPHONY!

Nobody in this world covers their toes.

I think Shojoji's gonna turn into Yamaoka and then "shed" his body like Orochimaru to escape the damage and become skinnier. That's his "secret".

wheres kawaki tho

Jesus fuck, the manga is going nowhere. The chapter/events by themselves aren't bad on their own but the fact that this is a monthly. What an absolute waste.

What did we see this chapter? Nothing.

I bet this manga will end in 2019 just in time for Naruto's 20th anniversary.

>What did we see this chapter?
Boruto using a jutsu that wasn't a Rasengan or Shadow Clone.

I don't see how they're going to end it in 29 chapters given the molasses-slow pace it's at currently. Unless you mean cancellation?

Does this manga have 18 pages per chapter just because it's serialized in a weekly magazine despite only appearing monthly?

I think that when Ikemoto is technically capably and confident enough, he should switch to a semi-weekly schedule. A chapter every 2 weeks is better than every 4 weeks.

It has about 40-50. But even though it says 14 we might as well be on chapter 4 because the first 10 chapters were a rehash of the movie.

There were 47 pages this chapter counting the color spread.

He had to deal with that shit when he was playing second fiddle for Kishi so why would he want to again?

Because this is bullshit.

>i want my boruto back ribs
Even Orochimaru wasn't this much of a sick fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=GvFjtKPNfNE

The land of waves was what hooked me up on Naruto in middle school. I really hoped it would be like this after that. I started to suspect it wouldn't in the middle of chunin exams, but I was too deep in the rabbit hole by then and just continued reading it out of habit till the end.
Kishi was unfortunately a one time pony.

you kinda have to be if your whole unique power relies on you eating people. i mean if you had a sharingan but it only activated after you stuck a finger in your a hole, you will eventually come to like assplay too

The land of waves had a lot of mystique going for it, that was later dispelled by the series and completely undone in Shippuden. Looking back on it is like analyzing a fossil - it's not a very good representative of the modern day example, but it's good for knowing where all this shit came from.

But there was also a lot of shit I think it did horribly that bored the fuck out of everyone, like those two assholes standing there for 2 minutes playing patty cake to make a piddly fucking water dragon.

So, what's up with boruto head protector? I thought he was supposed to wear a crossed one from now on? Also, what's with his father dismissing him as a ninja? Did I miss something or does it not count all of sudden?

I suppose. Might as well enjoy your work.

That was a one-time thing. He got it back after helping kill the ayy lmao. He was dismissed for cheating in the chuunin exams. Extraordinary circumstances via ayy lmao allowed him to atone for that.

Animeonly fag here. I don't wanna read the manga because I dislike the art. Will watch the superior anime verison. Is the current arc good?

>Is the current arc good?
Maybe? It's a little hard to tell at the moment where things are going.

So why is Shojoji so fat in the first place?

>had a lot of mystique going for it, that was later dispelled by the series and completely undone in Shippuden
That might be it. I remember that strange kinda semi-realistic vibe coming from naturo back then. Maybe it was my age and innocence, but things seemed believable to me. Sure, they were doing crazy things, but they were ninjas - mysterious people and masters of deception. So I just assumed they achieved their techniques by some degree of mind tricks and diversions that weren't fully explained by the author, and not by some chakra "magic" as it later on turned out to be.
OTOH you can't expect a weekly shonen series to work on anything but "magic", because who the fuck is going to write all of those carefully devised battles? I think I always knew that but turned a blind eye on it.

Nice meme

>but things seemed believable to me
They weren't, but they seemed that way to a younger, less-knowledgeable mind.

But frankly I don't care if it's magic so long as it follows a pre-defined and semi-rigid set of rules and principles. Which for the most part chakra does. That's why it's so interesting to me.

Honestly Naruto never really "clicked" with me until around the time they introduced the Chidori and later the Rasengan. The introduction of signature techniques just made everything seem "whole" - at least until they overused the fuck out of them to the point they were essentially meaningless. I suppose that's why I'm enjoying Boruto.

>His art is good
His faces need a lot of work.

They're getting better, I think. Everybody's still kids so maybe that's why he's having problems. Kids have big heads and chubby faces so he's overdoing those two aspects, but he can draw (most) adults just fine, so long as they're of his own design.

I really dislike Boruto's face here. His face is much better in the anime.

I have yet to see him draw an adult female character competently.

His Yodo is good. His design for her is the only one where it is better than Kishi's original design.

The design might be better but the actual drawing of it is kinda gross like his other females. Plus, Yodo is a kid.

Maybe you should stop reading shounen for fap fuel.

She looks good here.

>it is better than Kishi's original design.
hint: Kishi cannot into female characters. He admitted it himself on a back of some early naruto volume.

That's a lie because he used to draw some pretty sexy chicks early on.

Kishi is great at designing female characters he just couldn't write them well even if there was a gun pointed to his head.

It just that I prefer Kishi's more simple lining

I don't necessarily want fap fuel, I just want the characters to look recognizably human.

Its been a while since Hinata or Himawari have shown up in the manga. Lets just hope Ikemoto has been using that time to improve on drawing them.

Eh, she looks okay. Kind of a featureless, generic face.

He said he couldn't draw cute girls at first, which is why early Sakura didn't look great. But then he overcame that and drew Haku.

Man Konohamaru and Inari are straight up pussies compared to this rich ass little kid

>That's a lie because he used to draw some pretty sexy chicks early on.
The only sexy chick I recall drawn by him in Naruto was Haku. And we all know how it turned out to be.

I specifically remember in chapter 2 the hot springs scene was filled with a ton of babes. Kishi's since lost his luster though. I think we just need to accept that we won't see anything fappable outside of the anime.

>Not thinking Hinata, Ino, Tsunade, Anko (not fat version), Mei, or Kurenai are sexy

What are you fucking gay?

OH FUCK GUYS HE KNOWS MORE THAN TWO MOVES

Karin, Anko, maybe Kurenai. In that order. Rest is meh.

Ikemoto's problem is in his character designs. They just aren't good at all. Especially when it comes to drawing the face. Compared to the anime and even Kishi, it just looks weird. His general art style and scene composition is fine.

Also he's clearly a raging lolicon but I'm not judging that

And his eye has a pseudo-Byakugan built-in. We're finally free.

Ino is a goddess of femininity.

>I thought he was supposed to wear a crossed one from now on?
That was Sauce's headband
>Also, what's with his father dismissing him as a ninja?
I think rescuing the Hokage got him some brownie points but Sauce said he's a ninja now so he is.

>Anko
You mean female Shojoji?

>Heh
Boruto's shitface made me kek

I don't know why, but she always turned me off from the moment I first saw her

She was a little bitchy back then, sure, but she got better in Shippuden and then significantly better in The Last.

How does Naruto feel about the fact that his son is already a far better ninja than he is seeing as he actually uses strategy, has variety of jutus, and has actually killed someone?

She's like Sakura except not a cunt.

And not as flat as a board.