I've never seen or read Berserk before...

I've never seen or read Berserk before. I was thinking of just starting with Berserk Redux then continuing with the manga from where it leaves off. Is this a good idea? Also what should I read up to manga wise because I heard it gets bad and they've been stuck on a boat forever.

Just read the manga from the start

You won't even notice the boat thing, it had absolutely nothing to do with pacing, it was about the actual real life time passing between chapter releases

I would like to watch it though first and if anything read from the start after I finish whatever I watch.

watch 1997 anime, then read the manga from start to finish...

Don't watch anything else otherwise your experience will be ruined...

>I would like to watch it though first and if anything read from the start after I finish whatever I watch.

There's a lot of stuff in manga that doesn't get covered in anything animated (missing characters, storylines, more graphic violence and nudity) so don't start reading from what you watch...

Also the movies redux and new animated series suck so just watch the 1997 anime if you need to get into it that way.

Just read the manga.

The redux cuts together the movies and 1997

I started reading as soon as they got off the boat after putting off the series for literally 10 years hoping it would finish at some point and even though it hasn't I still say it's great front to back. You would expect the pacing to be terrible but you don't even notice it.

stay away from the movies. period.

Don't bother watching the 1997 anime it sucks. The "animation" (or lack thereof) is so bad it's going to detract from you enjoyment of the series.
If you definitely WILL get into the series, start with the manga.

But the third movie is awesome. CG and a lot of skipping are pretty glaring parts of the other two, but in 3 the cg is done about as good as possible and skipping content doesn't matter as much in the 3rd because they went for gold on the eclipse

Watch 1997 anime, then 2016 anime, then 2017 anime, then wait for the anime to continue.

OR

Watch 1997 anime, then 2016 anime, then 2017 anime, then read the manga from the start.

You can replace the 1997 anime with the 3 movies if you want. The movies have better fight scenes and battles but misses some parts.

>doing anything but reading the manga first

from what iv been told, the new animated series skipps several arcs including one of my favorite ones.

even the old 90's anime excluded a bunch of stuff because they wanted the series to finish up in the golden age arc

if you want the full berserk experiance then just read the whole thing from the start

You shouldn't expect them to not skip shit while adapting a 39 volumes long series.

i expected the adaptation to be good

that went out of the window very quickly

am I the only one who enjoyed the 2016/2017 anime?

It just takes 12 episodes for the stockholm to kick in.

>Berserk Redux: A Fanedit of the Golden Age and the '97 anime
What the fuck? No, just read the manga or watch the 97 anime followed by reading the entire manga from the start.

Movie trilogy and 2016 anime are both ass and extremely redundant in the former's case. Even the 97 anime isn't really necessary but it's a good enough jumping point if 350 chapters of manga seems like too much to chew at once.

>Is this a good idea?
>Just read the manga from the start
>I would like to watch it though first

Gets an answer form original question, disregards it anyways.

>form

Read the fucking manga

>Kyoanus clone character

Ft. Getter

ey man fuk u b0ss

R E A D T H E M A N G A

>doesn't have the gif version
fag

>Muh power levels

So why hiatus again?

cause miura is a filthy fag and want's to bask in glory with our tears.

Besides that. Is it anime or IDOL bullshit?

I really don't know my friend.

Fuck