Boruto

I feel that the movie is more or less a glorified pilot at this point

Still, I wished there was some coordination between the manga and anime team over the new characters

anyone got an archive link for the last thread? it 404'd while I was gone, and Desu and Moe both don't have a search function right now

the movie doesn't matter until the anime readapts it

Also the pinkshitfag thread is straight cancer

A reminder to all girls in this thread:
Just because this thread is technically Naruto does not mean Sup Forums rules do not apply. You are forbidden from posting and most lurk like you would any other thread.

True, it's awkward to rewatch the movie with Metal having literal whos as teammates and Shikadai, Inojin and Chocho not having interaction with Borutoand company

So Iwabe is going to be more relevant than Denki?

Look at those fucking disgusting, fat faces, they look like babies with hydrocephalus...what the fuck Kishi, why did you pick this hack as your successor?

Guess they didn't expected to be that good desu. The writing from 1st arc literally saved the series.

Iwabe, Sumire and Chocho look decent. Boruto tho, poor guy, he is MC, show some effort when drawing him damn!

They're obviously going to remake the movie with adding the new characters in it, maybe doing a real first test instead of thar one minute ink fall test, two episodes of capture the flag, maybe even an short forest of death game (3-4 episodes), real fights going on for an episode instead of seconds and a more fleshed out plot at the end, so the Chunin exam feels like some original arc rather than being a simple anime adaption of the manga.

I would watch that for 20 or so episodes if all of the Konoha 12 are going to have decent screentime and interactions with each other.

Why does everyone keep praising the first arc like it was anything but contrived shit full of plot holes and boring characters?

Metal is going to have Denki and Iwabe when they readapt it. Toneri is going to do something. Momo vs Hinata and probably some filler matches for Sumire's team and the Sand team

>10+ characters of the new gen got screentime + fixed older characters (Shino, Sai etc.)
>More interactions between the characters thanks for them all being in the academy
>Generell interesting to see how the academy life looks like
>Plot relevant things like Jougan, Toneri, Mitsuki's development, Gozu Tennou abuse for Sasuke to travel to Kaguya's dimension, new characters etc.
>climax (Episode 11-15) being good and the twist actually being suprising and neatly hinted.
>Sumire...best character yet.

Does anyone else dislikes the subplot from the movie of that new ninja weapon that stores and fires jutsus?

I have to admit that it kind of makes sense and seems like a natural progression with all the new technology but it bothers me because I feel like it cheapens jutsus and fights since means that most battles will just come down to that weapon.

I hope they change it in the anime but I know it won't happen since it played a significant role in the movie.

I already disliked when everyone started megazording around with Susano'o and Kurama construct form, a weapon that fires jutsu is just cheap.

manga revealed that its a part of a conspiracy the guy that gave it to boruto was mind controlled

It was there to show Boruto's lacking self-confidence in the Chunin exams. It was actually well thought out and makes sense for them to exist. The only drawback was that it cheapens the fight a bit. Hopefully they change that up a bit so the fights are going to be good written.

Because it's a new generation sequel that felt its own thing as opposed to a continuation of the previous generation

They are still there but act as actual adults and don't hog the screen time

So Shell is
> the Husk of Root survivors
> Godkillers
> The Ayy lmao's human Godhand a Cult that worships the Ayy lmaos
> Kawaki's Group
> Orochimaru experiments
> Jashin Cultists

>inb4 all of those

So the villains are getting a device that lets them do ninjutsu very easily

And researching about tattoos that give power boosts with no eugenics needed

Seems like a decent way to escalate the power levels by introducing artificial means for the villains

we don't know if Shell and whoever mind controlled the guy are related or not

Nah I hope they're going to play the part 1 villains, which are maximum as strong as Pain. The Otsutsuki are going to be the real deal here. Maybe Kawaki is a member of the Kara because his father was, Boruto enters them and accidently kills him and then Kawaki goes rogue, destroys the village and enters the Otsutsuki clan.

I definitely think that they are leftover root members having the information about the Otsutsuki's making more replicates as the Gozu Tennou and these being their marks.
I can't see them having defeated the gods like Otsutsuki's.

Wonder if we are gonna get a sumire vs mitsuki rematch in the chunnin exam.

No generals, shitheads. Pack it in.

Always 404.

What rule did we even break last thread?

All you have to do is wait until tomorrow. Are you too fucking stupid to even manage that?

who cares, if the thread 404s another will just pop up anyway.

You really don't get how any of this works, do you?

I hope your shitty thread on /vg/ gets deleted too so we'll be rid of your faggotry forever.

Again nobody gives a shit just like you have been told for months but its nice you are getting so assblasted about it.

what if Boruto just tried his best in the chunin exams and didnt cheat and lost to shikadai?

If bort didn't use the kote at all during the chunin exam, then he would've against those three triplets from the hidden mist. So, he wouldn't even gotten the chance to face shikadai.

>he would've against those three triplets from the hidden mist
*lost

>You really don't get how any of this works, do you?
No I don't, why don't you explain it.

He would lost during the second test but Sarada would be there to comfort him.

If I stare at the eclipse tomorrow will my sharingan activate?

Yes. You'll immediately activate the mangekyou sharingan. And then go blind.

>Sarada would be there to comfort him.
With a hug.

Yeah, they are teammates after all.

So do naruto and sasuke count as gods? If you killed one would you get an advancement on your godkiller tatoo, idk it probably 100% doesnt work like that but if it did would kawaki get some big tat power up if it ends up being true that he killed them(or atleast naruto)

Is Sumire related to Shell? I mean, not directly, but could she be part of a plan of sorts of theirs?

No, now fuck off and create your Sumire thread.

if there remnants of Root they might know of her

I doubt it

Seriously, the Nue arc is what got me hooked on Boruto. I didn't expect good developments on this series, at least not this early. This left me expecting more.
The first arc actually did a great job to introduce the new cast. It is a large number of characters introduced in 15 episodes in a meaningful way around the Nue incident. Of course they are still kids in the academy, that's why you might not feel connected to them or find them interesting, but for what the setting was, and the constraint they had (they had to limit the interactions with the old cast to avoid stealing spotlight of the new cast) the execution was actually pretty great.
I am also bothered by it, especially because Boruto's cheating subplot. It's also an useless plot device that probably won't get anywhere unless Denki uses it to create something cool for his jutsus. I wouldn't have a problem if the only thing that survives from the movie is the Momo fight.

Calm down dude. It seems that now I can't talk about Sumire without faggots like you being triggered. Love it or hate it, she is part of the show.

Fuck off please, this no longer a general where you can circlejerck about you non existent character on current chapters. Talk about OP or out.

pinkshitfag is pissy and has to make a best girl thread there retarded user don't mind them

>Still, I wished there was some coordination between the manga and anime team over the new characters

Imagine what it must be like for SP, thinking they'd crank out some filler to exhaust the audience with yet another retlling of the movie right off the bat and it ends up being the most beloved part of the series so far.

Is there any fucking rule that says that in a thread you can only extricly talk about what OP says? If it were like this, all posts would be direct replies to OP's post. As long as it's related, we can talk about it. Fuck off.

> Sumire
> non existent character
> character actually exists in the show
?????

It's like you fags want another 404

*strictly

Not on topic, against the rules.

Just noticed Sumire is on the OP but still fuck off. He hasn't appeared on 4 episodes, so talking about would make this a general, more if you add fanfics.

> backtracking this fast

>He
>fanfics
Fanfics? Asking that if Sumire is related to Shell is a fanfic? Fucking dammit man, it must be hard to be that autistic.

Also, let me get this straight, you think that it someone goes slightly off-topic, we have to create a new thread to tallk about it and clog the fucking catalog just to talk about it a bit?

your words mean nothing: Hinata didn't appear until after the Zabusa Arc and introduction to the other Konoha 12

Well, judging about how Sai explained it, the Nue was one of various projects that got scrapped with Danzo's death, but no one at first knew that the experiment was related to the Ootsuki

Sumire's father, who's life was ruined because he was outed as Root, just saw it as a powerful too to exact revenge

Well, Shell is a group that knows stuff about the seals, so they are probably informed about the ayys. It wouldn't be surprising if they knew that Root had a knockoff of Kaguya's jutsu.

That leaves the mystery of what Shell wants with the Ootsustuki

A device that shoots almost any jutsu was shown to be useless in the Chuunin exam against the Rinnegan and a tattoo needs the one giving it to sacrifice his life

>Shino got more character interactions in Boruto than the entirety of Naruto and Shippuden outside of filler

This. What SP did with the first 15 episodes of the anime, even if it had a mostly lighthearted tone, was one of the best things in a good while for Naruto. Shame that they had to adapt Gaiden and lower the overall quality of the anime.

SP is full of fanfic shippers though.

And that matters how?

so for all the people who read naruto until the very end, why in the world pick boruto up?

did the guy learn his lesson about power creep and having half the cast be absolutely worthless?

New writer. Kishimoto is a consultant.

Kishimoto isn't writing this series anymore, that's why. I am here expecting Boruto to be interesting on its own, and the first 17 episodes of the anime were rather good. The Narutoverse had a lot of potential, though Kishimoto's autism killed it off. Now that he is just "supervising", the series might be at least more interesting than Naruto. Seriously, the worst parts about Boruto are the parts that Kishimoto touched.

しばらく外伝でだるいよな
変えたら原作信者がうるせーし

(You) have to go back.

The new guidelines were made for faggots like you

>we now live in an age where /vg/ general fags gets BTFO
can't wait for the 404.

Generals have always been against the rules and it's never stopped any of the other pseudo-general threads. What's going to change now?

Kishimoto is good when it comes to brining in constant action

But his love for Sharingan ruins it

I like to dream user. It's free, you know.

You know, an /ag/ board would stop like 95% of the problems because it would just be containment for them, and they'd never want to come here.

Liking Naruto/Boruto.

Just make /sgt/ - Shounen General Trash. Which is a better idea.

> ree someone has different opinions
The motto of Sup Forums

Back to your moeshit thread, newfag

DELET THIS

Good fight, i hope bort vs shinki becomes at least a shard as memorable as this fight is.

here's hoping. bort has had zero wow moments for me yet, but at least it excels at being a warm nostalgia bath

>Still, I wished there was some coordination between the manga and anime team over the new characters
The movie is fine because it was never meant to be part of the actual Boruto project, it was just Kishi's last hurrah, but I have no idea why the manga isn't doing a better work with its characters and plot. I swear most of the characterization of the manga is muh parallels everywhere. And I mean, that fucking useless last arc was just a convenient way to mention that there was a group of tattoo users! And they did this shit on a monthly manga. I hope the manga flops so it won't harm the anime later.

why did nardo even study under asuma if he wasn't gonna incorporate his chakra blades into his fighting style. i'm perplexed his last power up was basically just two sticks instead of trench knives. sometimes i feel like SP remembers more small details about the series than kishi himself

the art for the manga is fucking great during the fight scenes, i hope it doesn't die just so we can get more of those

just don't like how the artist is a wannabe fashion designer, and unlike kubo isn't even good at it

Is manga out yet?

>just don't like how the artist is a wannabe fashion designer, and unlike kubo isn't even good at it
Does ikemoto have any good designs? Besides the ayy of course.

The only training he did under Asuma before he died was some basic tips on wind chakra.

The manga would do better as quality adaptation of the core part of the anime's plot instead of trying to work as some kind of badly done template for the anime. They can't play the leading role with its really limited release schedule, and this harms the anime because SP will have to cover what the manga does, no matter how shitty it is. They should fallback to adapt what the anime covers first.

his jiraiya is pretty good. just don't understand his obsession with high heels, white sandals, and twelve years posing all sultry

i still would have liked for him to use his chakra blades, they pair well with frog-fu since they double as brass knuckles so they don't get in the way of his sage mode, wind chakra flow guarantees instant murderblades without having to cook up a rasenshuriken, probably breaks less easy than a regular kunai.

it's really a moot point since the last two bits of bukijutsu i remember from him are when he jacked sai and sasuke's swords for literally two seconds each, but hey

He might have used them at some point if Asuma was around to train him in their use but he kicked the bucket hard and fast, and from that point the chakra blade became too symbolic for a character like Naruto to use. The few times Shikamaru ends up taking them out end up having a lot more impact, if it was Naruto, who barely even knew or interacted with Asuma, it would have felt forced.

His designs are alright, it's just he ends up adding details don't blend well, like Boruto's belt, heels for kunoichi, big as nails for Ayy lmaos, etc.

>just don't understand his obsession with high heels, white sandals, and twelve years posing all sultry
It's usually just Sarada and the sand girl, who've been lewd-ified by him, thank god.
Anyways, this is how he drew Jiraiya a couple of chapters back.

sick

why is Sarada so lewd?

Is the Anime 24 episodes?