Chapter 180: Awaited

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zazen
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Gaia: We're sort of far away, but.

I'm here
give it to me user

So who's the next challenger anyway?
Can Musashi ever recover from his loss against Memetobe?

>Motobe: No...
>M1: From this distance,
>M1: I can still see their faces, intents and thoughts.
>G: If it works for you.
>M1: Still, I could use a smoke...

>Doppo: Don't look, Katsumi.
>D: Those two swords...
>D: Are just begging to be used.
>Katsumi: The fact that they're here...
>K: Means that he's going to come out not wearing a sword, right?
>D: Who knows.
>D: The generation gap's way too big to tell.

you will expect something and you will be disappointed
something something insert paul bowles quote

>Chiharu: Why...?
>C: Even though he's the boss's rival,
>C: I can't muster up any hatred for him...

>Audience: Huh?
>A: Look...
>A: Huh?
>A: Ohhh...!
>A: Why!?

>Oliva: I came all the way to Japan because of the rumours, but...
>O: He's even more than was rumoured.

>O: That a man like this exists!!!
>Kureha: He's here early.
>Koushou: Yeah...
>Shibukawa: Heh-heh.
>S: I wonder what he's planning.

I'm already happy to see Oliva again desu.

I hope Baki really's gonna kill him.

>A: ZAZEN!?
>A: So his opponent...
>A: Won't be able to tell his state...!!!
>A: He's a battle-hardened veteran...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zazen

The 'state' thing is a really bizarre line.
The word that I have translated here as 'state' is used in set phrases to describe breaking expectations and surprising people. But, here, the word doesn't use any of the verbs which would be used to modify it in those expected phrases ('break' or 'exceed' or 'leave'). Instead, it uses 'read/see' in a negative form.
I parse it as having a level of meaning which is lost in translation that indicates that the audience believes that Musashi is going to surprise Baki when the latter walks up to him. Or, it might just be a reference or something. God only knows.

A shame. Would've liked to see Oliva getting cut up.

>A: He's playing innocent...
>A: Real crafty...
>A: There he is.
>A: He's here?
>A: It's Baki!!!

>A: He's here!

Wow, Olivia is here this time.

This guarantees Baki is gonna lose this time so Olivia gets a chance at Musashi.

>Baki: Huh?

>Musashi: Boy.
>M2: What were you doing?
>M2: I was rather tired of waiting.

>M2: Mm?

Olivia would job. An assasin's generic cheap knife managed to cut up his face and some blood loss caused him to stumble a bit.

Don't get me wrong. He has like armored chest and arms but Olivia's face is his weak point.

You can't work out your face and make it bullet proof after all.

>M2: Mmmm!?

End chapter.

I had to actually check to make sure that I didn't somehow lose track of which pages I was reading because the text on the last ~3-4 pages is literally identical to last week's. As I said when we got the Korean scans: no idea what Itagaki's doing.
Maybe he's padding us out with a extra chapter to make a volume? In an author's comment like 6 months ago Itagaki said that, when he starts writing out the plot, he thinks "what do I want to put in this volume?", or something to that effect.

The irony.

BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN

Volume 19 is on sale in one week, or seven days. The weather at Amundsen-Scott is -50 °F. The time right now is 7:11. You're listening to kDOU. Stay tuned.

Thanks as always user. Baki is the shit.

the food represents baki's sex appeal and it is musashi's hunger for that food that represents his desire for baki's body. however baki have already had sex with that one slut and so musashi was left with the remaining hush of what was already eaten. now he will be upset and try to kill baki and then go after his girlfriend. but his girlfriend shows up and anounces baki belongs to her and then baki agrees and murders musashi, she doesn't appear until chapter 200

No with training but beating up your face/head will strengthen it just like any other part.

DOPPO BEST BAKI

Doesn't that just mean that Musashi will be calm from meditating so Baki won't be able to read him? Predicting your opponents intent from his emotions is supposed to be a thing in mystical bullshido. Besides, it's not like the unnamed audience has to be right.

Yes, that's what I said.
The added layer is that it's not the word that you would ordinarily use to describe someone's state of being or emotions. The word used isn't really ever used for anything other than modification of itself. It literally means "surface intent/surface meaning/surface thought".

I'm not Itagaki, so I don't know exactly what he means by it, but I think that it's safe to assume that it's a stand-in for a word that would equate to 'state' or 'state of mind' here. It would be utterly bizarre for the scanlation to read "His opponent won't be able to read his surface intents", right?

On an unrelated note, Pixiv utterly mystifies me sometimes.

>Baki's smirking at the swords

Oh no. Musashi is going to lose.

>baki playing mind games as soon as he enters the ring
Shenanigans afoot, watch this fight go insane.