Action scenes

Is this kind of action "lazy"?

There's no clear way how the character accomplishes it. There is a cool pose at the end, but that's about it. She's also on horseback so it limits her movements.

>multiple strikes in one panel
>bonus points for multiple hands blocking multiple punches

Well, you answered your own question. Yes. Those kinds of lines aren't the problem; it's just the fact that there is no visible connecting action.

There's probably better ways of conveying flow of a large number of movements in a single panel, but maybe just splitting into multiple panels would be better.

That one isn't actually that bad considering what we know of the series. Kyoukai does wide sweeping motions with her sword style, almost tracing a circle. You can see 2 sorta-circles, a horizontal and a vertical one. She does it so fast they happen almost simultaneously with one another so 2 circles are shown. She ended her pose with a vertical slash so we can assume she did the horizontal slash first.

What's lazy is when 2 glaive users do those lazy flurry exchanges like Houken and Ouki to fill the pages. It's good when the author decompresses the action and shows step by step what happened.

that page makes me want to read Alita

Gunnm had great paneling

I think Kingdom can be excused in the sense that a LOT of shit goes on in one chapter involving a ton of characters. You don't need several pages of her mowing down mooks when it's not even the focus of the story.

That said, it's kinda obvious that the author's not portraying realistic martial arts/swordplay.

Or when Bajio does Bajio things

so read it

I binge read this shit years ago then stopped reading it completely I should really get back into it

it's worth re-reading every couple years

kingdom features fighting all the time.

the story density of each chapter would be lower than an oshimi shuzo manga if they decided to fully choreograph every action engagement.

it was cool when there was a strain of political intrigue inside the palace.

now it's non-stop campaigns and battles and it gets a bit tiring

I only read this mango for Riboku and mouten, i dont know how will be doing this mango when they defeat zhao.

Dragon Ball has the best flow of any manga IMO

I think not.
When I saw Sup Forums stuff, I noted that even Flash looks "slow" despite being fast as fuck.
He is supposed to be faster than Dragon Ball Z warriors in anime.
Then I noticed because it is static like an photography.

We don't talk about Kingdom a lot here, why not ? It's one of the best shit currently published in my opinion.

Not enough qt's for this place

>Is this kind of action "lazy"?
It can be but artists can still make it look good in lue of drawing an entire combat sequence.

Not really, it's just a balance. You're being autistic over fine details that take up way too many pages for characters who you either know how they move in the first place since they were given that treatment earlier on, or characters who don't really matter cause they are one of the million cannon fodder. Not everyone has to have unique motions that attract attention, it's usually reserved for when someone pulls off something impressive or to introduce a character quirk. An example that fulfills both is how Mouten parries during the Coalition arc.

Kingdom is set to hit 100 volumes, and that's doing 'lazy'. If Hara were to be anal like you pointed out he wouldn't finish the story even if he had 200 years to live.