Why did the original cast of Love Live work so well, while Aquars is a collection of way too gimmicky characters?

Why did the original cast of Love Live work so well, while Aquars is a collection of way too gimmicky characters?

Entire franchise is just bad my man.

Why is Kotori sticking her butt out like that?

wrong
Because she is the lewdest

I just feel that most of Aqours feel too bland.
Chika is an uninteresting Honoka, Yoshiko is even dumber Rin, Mari is even more annoying Nozomi and Riko is just red Umi.
Girls that I really like and feel like they can be better than their Muse counterparts are Hanamaru, Dia, You and maybe Kanan.

>why are these one-dimensional characters so much better than the other one-dimensional characters

Who are you quoting?

>background character B
>more interesting than anyone

>has that Nico-Nico-Nii girl but it's way less gimmicky and meme heavy than Aquars

really makes you think

Half the original Love Live cast is absolute trash too. Only Honoka, Kotori, Umi, Maki and Nico are endearing in any way. Really, the only good anime idols are the OG Idolmaster cast.

Honk and Chika are not background characters though

Muse's character dynamics was legit good.

I like Aqours more now.

Muse has Umi, so it's automatically the best.

Because you've seen μ's first

I got into idols at the beginning of the year und basically watched all big idol shows back to back, so Muse didn't have the adventage of being part of my hobby for years.

And Muse is legit better than Aquars.

> OG Idolmaster cast
Not really. They're all tropes and memes.

Well, that sounds interesting. Which idol show seemed the best to you? Apart from μ's I guess

I would say the original LL and Idolmaster shows are the best.

LL was a great ride with cliffhangers and steady plot progression - perfect binge watching material. Idolmaster was more hit or miss compared to LL, with the higher highs like Azusa's episode or Chihaya's arc but also the lower lows with some of the character focused episodes like Makoto's or even worse Hibiki's episode.

But at least they have clearly defined personalities, unlike most of the CG cast and Love Live girls who are just random catchphrases.

I can't stand half the girls in muse. Plus the first season and half the movie was garbage so I don't feel much of anything for them anymore. Aqours and Sunshine feel more refreshing because I like all the girls somewhat and the anime is a bit more grounded in reality.

Unlike the other idols they have full writen storylines and backgrounds.
They are way more grounded past character tropes because they have their origin in a visual novel/raising sim hybrid.

>the anime is a bit more grounded in reality.
lol

That sameface tho

If you think the characters in OG LL and Sunshine don't have clearly defined personalities you aren't paying attention. You may find them too tropey or memey, and I get that but claiming they aren't distinct is a really flimsy argument.

>boring*

It is compared to muse who never failed at anything they ever did. They beat Arise just because.

Post your favorite deep and complex idol anime character.

The only difference is that aquors has more character quirks desu wa zura.

>muse fag still mad

Maybe it hurts

Yeah, imi wakannai harenchi harasho nico nya muh pan muh rice muh cards was so much better.

>It is compared to muse who never failed at anything they ever did.
Muse's first show was performed in front of an empty auditorium. Aqours first show was performed in front of a packed gymnasium.

Aquars sucks

this

With muse, you could sort of follow the franchise as it slowly got more popular over the years culminating in the anime when the whole thing was at its peak. In that respect it was like watching an underdog story both in real life and the anime. With Aquors, it just came along and tried to cash in on the popularity of the franchise that was already established by muse, so it feels fake and unearned.

Aqours songs are better.

>They beat Arise just because.
they beat Arise because they worked hard and performed better.

they had better songs too.

>In that respect it was like watching an underdog story both in real life and the anime.
>underdog story
>in the anime.
They've literally steamrolled their Love Live. What are you even talking about?

Yeah and in the beginning they didn't even have a functioning idol club. Underdog stories are supposed to be uplifting and inspirational, that includes an ending where they win. Go watch Miracle on Ice or something.

Idolshit is all bad.

That was their only misstep but it was also because school idols were such a novel concept that no one could be bothered. They fill the auditorium by the end of the season and then by next season they become the greatest school idol group to ever live. The build feels unnatural that they just roll past Arise despite only existing as a full group for less than a year.
Despite Aqours having a full auditorium they still lost Love Live. Shit on Aqours all you want for whatever reason, but it feels more natural than muse having 0 losses on their record.

I thought Love Live is about 9 girls. Why is there a boy on the left?

it's a childish moeshit product you stupid manchildren

>casually saved their school like it's nothing
>casually stomped arise like it's nothing
>casually steamrolled Love Live like it's nothing
>uplifting and inspirational underdog story

Back to /nurut/ with you

>MFW Sup Forums jacks off to shows that inspires innocent nip girls to dress up and dance like sluts and sex slaves in public

Hmm, thinking about it, I liked characters from Love Live more but Aqours are funnier as a group.

Muse were banned from participating in their first Love Live because of one member's fuck up.

>Chinese knockoff Mio
Muse is better but that’s not why

YOU'RE a childish moeshit product.

:'(

Zura!

I will forever laugh at this. What a shit.

They weren't banned. They withdrew their entry themselves after Honoka's fuck up. At least watch the show.

>Shit on Aqours all you want for whatever reason
This exactly the problem with you lot. You assume that liking original cast means we are the same 2ch shitposters that weren't content when Aqours was first announced.
>The build feels unnatural that they just roll past Arise despite only existing as a full group for less than a year.
Fair point, it felt rushed. If I remember correctly that project was going for 4 years at that point and we all know they retired Muse two years later after the movie and the Final Live. I'm willing to believe that they knew they had to wrap up anime as there were no chances of S3 ever happening. How the movie was handled it's a topic for another thread, but what I'm trying to say is that we don't know if Aqours are getting S3, we don't know if they can afford to lose Love Live right now in their S2 which is only 4 episodes in. Using ''bit more grounded'' in Aqours defense is pointless right now, they might still win it on their second attempt. We have Muse's failure to fill the their auditorium during their concert and not participating in their first LL, and, Aqours failing to win their first LL competition.

I just want to talk about Muse more oftrn again.

the cutest pice of shit ever

>They withdrew their entry themselves after Honoka's fuck up.
It wasn't their choice. They were forced to.

>They withdrew their entry themselves
i think you're the one who needs to watch the show, my dude.

what's the story behind this?

Last episode was as good as best Muse episodes though.

>watching anime for "muh depth".
Why not just read a book? There are no deep animes.

I miss my Nozobros.

chad hit her very hard

lol it's Kanan

Maki > Niko > Kotori >>> Umi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nozomi = Eli >>>>>>>>>>>> The Tomboy = the Girl that loves rice = Honoka.

They weren't forced. Kotori's mother just suggested for them to reflect on what purpose they are doing their idol activities as they might be overworking themselves. Watch episode 12 of S1 then come back.

The shitting on Aqours wasn't necessarily directed at you, just at the people that can't be bothered to spell Aqours right and shit on them endlessly because they aren't muse.

As for the other point, I think Sunrise was surprised in general that S1 was so well received that S2 felt like a rush job because they weren't sure how long it would last. S2 was announced during their 3rd live and you could tell even the girls were surprised it was getting a sequel. And my problem isn't muse winning love live, it's the ease it looked like they did it with. They can only accomplish so much with hard work before it starts to feel like a fantasy. I'm not asking for realism in my anime, it would just feel nice if muse's struggles were documented more than them not drawing an audience when school idols are still a novel idea or it snowing on the day of their show.

She's so happy whoring herself.

>but claiming they aren't distinct is a really flimsy argument.
The reason why Aqours isn't successful right now is because they're indistinguishable from Muse. It's not a flimsy argument if that's the underlying problem all this time.

>that kotori bent over a table
my heart!!! *grabs chest*

I literally forgot what the thread was about after noticing that. It's like all the blood went to my dick

it's like you can literally ignore the rest of the image and everything else in the world

You mean Yoshiko is dumb Maki, and Mari is a more annoying Nico

>Aqours isn't successful right now
Imagine being this delusional.

>Aquors

I love the sea.

Their S2 OP didn't even outsell µ's S2 OP with a fuckton of ticket bonuses.

I feel you, and I agree, I didn't even bother watching this second season of Aqours currently going on. I was too disappointed by the first one. I just don't want to hate on the Aqours any more. I also identify with Chicka's admiration of μ. If I hung out with Chika, I think she's the only person in the world who would understand how much I love μ because she probably loves them just as much as I do, if not more. I'm just hurt that there is no 3rd season of "μ adventures", but I'm done hating on the Aqours. They're good girls, they don't deserve total disdain and repudiation

It'll pass it next week.

>selling 2k less copies
Oh no, what a failure. LL is dead.

>sold 63k CDs in a week
>not successful
is that way.

>flopqours

Now that LL is established in their universe Sunshine really has more content to work with.
You are saying S2 felt rushed, perhaps, but it was by far the most entertaining season, followed by the second half of the movie. Besides, storytelling is not the reason we watch Love Live it is for the characters and I just feel that the light hearted scenarios from the original anime and its characters were more entertaining than the Sunshine's ones. My least favorite characters were Eli and Maki, while my favorite from Aqours are You, Maru and Dia. Everyone else just feel like a watered down versions from their original counterparts. This is the part where you say I have a shit taste and we start waifufaggotry.

>full year
>full year
>first half
in that way son

I wonder how much it would've sold without tickets. It's sad that Sunshine has to rely so heavily on tickets to boost sales because without them sales are poor. Didn't the newest batch of unit singles sell considerably less than the first batch of unit singles?

Rin is an ugly boy and I can't believe they wasted an entire episode pretending she's pretty.

Did you also wonder how much µ's s2 OP would have sold without serial codes?

Literally me

I don't feel like starting waifufagging in this thread cause it'll just derail the discussion although I agree with your taste for the most part. The first season of Sunshine did get bogged down a bit by not being light hearted enough but that's what I liked about S2 so far. The most recent episode especially was just fun shenanigans between the characters. And for the record S2 of the original was great and part of the reason why I enjoy LL so much. I just feel the plot itself was rushed in terms of muse going from nobodies to winners of LL in less than a year. That's just me nitpicking though. It didn't deprive myself from enjoying the anime.

What do you think "successful" means?

Because I'm pretty sure the definition isn't "outsell µ's".