What the fuck was his problem?

What the fuck was his problem?

He looked like a girl?

pyromania
daltonism
pedophilia

He didn´t know he was dead or some shit.

I still don't understand the Black rose arc after rewatching utena 3x

Those elevator scenes were quite possibly my favorite part of Utena, they gave the spooks hard. Lights off at night, with this playing super loud was just so unnerving.

Who?

Planning on watching this, should I wait for the blu ray to drop in December?

Watch it now because it's unironically the best anime ever produced.

He was the only interesting character in their school of retards.

Mikage did nothing wrong

Go ahead and watch it now, the visuals and music are good enough to make up for the story if you don't like it.
It's got the best insert songs ever.

He was the only straight man in a school full of gays.

He's just a generic villain who has his motivation explained in the 11th hour. It wraps itself up nicely but it doesn't fit into the larger narrative of the show and seemingly has no real consequences towards the larger narrative. One thing it does establish is the unreality of the school, how in the Utena universe "magic" and "ghosts" are potentially real magic and real ghosts and not just symbolic. Other than that, this arc is like a sophomore album from any rock band. Usually on a sophomore album the band gets better at playing and get a bit more serious, often taking on a darker tone or talking about darking subject matter, but at the price of losing their personality and energy. If you follow a lot of music this happens extremely often. That's what it reminds me of anyways

Tsuwabuki

>but it doesn't fit into the larger narrative of the show
Uh are you dumb? Mikage's ending foreshadowed Utena's ending.
They both literally disappear/are sacrificed and are forgotten. Not to mention, he essentially was being manipulated in the same way Utena was with her memories.

He was the pink-haired guy in an Ikuni show.

I absolutely loved his duel though, I'll watch it again now.

also anyone know what painting this is?

Olympia by Manet.

Seeing that painting in person made me chuckle because of Mikage.

I always interpreted the ending as a "life goes on" ending. Wakaba becomes the new Utena (or at least she wants to). Akio seems to be planning to find a new Utena too, someone to do the same thing she did except this time with the ending he wants. Utena isn't there anymore because she graduated.

I never interpreted it like this, especially within the context of Ikuhara's other works, and his reverence for Kenji Miyazawa. I always saw it as a sacrifice Utena made for Anthy's sake.
Also I did see Akio as the loser in the end, I don't think he could've found another "Utena" now that Anthy was independant, and free of the school. I dunno though, there's definitely lots of ways you could interpret the ending.

She was not sacrificed and forgotten. She got herself out.

I disagree.

Speaking of, what do you think of Ikuhara's recent work? I really enjoyed Yurikuma Arashi but I didn't like Penguindrum much

You mean bisexuals.

he has Pink haar user

>generic villain
The story with him and the student is an allegory of Utena's relationship with Anthy, down to the four of them having similar character designs

Well, there is nothing I can say against those convincing arguments.

how does an allegory of Utena's and Anthy's relationship where Anthy is a child and Utena is an adult make any sense? In what persons world is this an allegory that makes any sense? If anything Anthy is more mature than Utena

It's not an argument, it's an opinion.

He's Touga and Utena's lovechild from an alternative future timeline Utena's actions prevented him from being born.

He was in love with the woman, not the student. The student actually looked nothing like Anthy in reality.

Nobody can win against the dick.

If Utena taught us anything, it's this: you can lose against the dick and still win against the sword

It's simple really:
>Mikage is a young genius, but also cold and emotionless, a "robotman" if you will.
>He is hired by Akio to work on a project (maybe perpetual motion) and join a group of other young scientists at Othori.
>He meets Tokiko and falls in love with her, something that is new to him.
>Tokiko introduces Mikage to Mamiya, her brother. Mamiya seems to have an terminal condition and Tokiko joined the project to try to save him.
>Mikage makes no progress in his research, Mamiya loses hope of cure.
>Mamiya reveals to Mikage that he would much rather die young than weither away like a flower. He hopes Mikage will take care of his sister once he passes.
>Mikage, Tokiko and Mamiya form a makeshift family (symbolized by the black cats).
>Mikage gets cucked. HARD.
>Mikage becomes a virgin with rage, burns down the research building with all his collegues still inside.
>He immediately regeats his decision and puts the blame on Mamiya. Knowing he will die soon and hoping Mikage can still take care of his sister once he passes, he confirms his story.
>Tokiko leaves Othori and Mamiya is presumed to have a die a little after. Mikage becomes ghost, just another pawn for Akio and Anthy.

Mikage devotes himself to saving Mamiya much in the same way Utena devotes herself to liberating Anthy. Moreover, neither Mamiya nor Anthy actually desire to be saved, both being cognizant of the unavoidable outcomes of their respective situations (Death for Mamiya and a repetition of the cycle for Anthy). Finally, Nemuro is being manipulated by Tokiko to attain 'eternity' and Utena is being manipulated by Akio to find the 'power to revolutionize the world.' Also, just because Mamiya is a literal child doesn't mean he's immediately less mature than Nemuro and therefore the comparison makes no sense. Nemuro is an autismo who doesn't know when to give up. You're not actually thinking about this properly if that's the conclusion you came to.

>He meets Tokiko and falls in love with her,

Nope. He's gay. He likes Mamiya.

He is clearly in love with Tokiko in the flashback.
My theory was always that he transfered his feeling to Mamiya after becoming "a ghost" due to the fact that he was a "computer man" and unfamiliar with the concept if love.

There is even a mention of how the duelist rings worn by the boys was also a symbolic things some of the boys in the research team shared with each other cuase they were gay, and since that was his only context for love, he included that in his dellusions.

Are "eternity" and "the power to revolutionize the world" not the same thing? They seem to be used interchangeably

ふかく。もっとふかく。

Blu-Ray releases are out now, OP posted one

Her tears made my peepee hard as diamonds.

> One thing it does establish is the unreality of the school, how in the Utena universe "magic" and "ghosts" are potentially real magic and real ghosts and not just symbolic.
Except that the end of the series revealed that all the duels were just stage effects in akios penthouse planetarium

Wow, I thought I was the only one who liked Yuri Kuma better than Penguindrum.