Utena Thread

What do you think of Akio?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TTiOhl6gRtg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he literally did nothing wrong

First and only time I felt NTR'd watching anime.

A piece of shit.

Absolutely shitty person, but great character.

HE PUT HIS PENIS INSIDE UTENA! THE DIRTY PENIS HE HAD INSIDE TOUGA'S BUTT!

you should've just self-inserted as Akio

Akio is the best villain of the anime

Kashira, kashira, gozonji ka-
-shira, kashira, kashira.
Staff J.C., you're alright by me.
Shira kashira ka, motorcar.

what was he trying to do again?

A tragic villain. Also a lesson to not let people get away with being an asshole to everyone simply because something bad happened to them in the past.

He was pretty much hosting tournaments where he would manipulate the most vulnerable (and usually most selfish) students and exacerbate it by having them all compete over who gets to possess Anthy, under the pretense that whoever had won at the end would be able to essentially get what they desire the most. Of course, none of the Duelists ever really had control over Anthy, and the competition over her would just make their issues rear up in the worst ways possible to her, which brings us to the actual point, which was to manipulate Anthy into believing that no one else really cares for her the way that Akio does, and therefore no one but him will be able to save her from the suffering that she takes on for his sake. Most of it is just a show put on so that he can keep on using Anthy's magic and make her want to continue suffering for him. Akio just wants to continue to fuck around, drive fast cars and mess around with the students. The point of the duels is just to maintain that status quo.

The story of the Alphaest Chad who still loses, because he is ultimately trapped by his own Chadness, unable to leave the world that provides for his station. Big fish small pond syndrome. He's really only good compared to broken and immature highschool students he surrounds himself with and gave up on ever doing anything else.

While many of the duelers were shits with issues, Akio was genuinely trying to find a noble prince that would willingly save the Rose Bride so he can steal their sword and use it to regain the powers he had as Dios, like he did Utena. She wasn't the first. There were multiple failed rounds of other princes before her who had also undergone duels as tests of their character. Akio enjoyed fucking around while letting Anthy take the suffering for him but he had higher goals too.

Anyway none of those princes would ever be able to make it work because Dios' powers is lost to Akio forever (and Anthy was the only one who could 'save' herself) .

This because innocence lost can't be regained.

It's also because ultimately the show answers the question of what it means to be a prince in a way that Akio can't comprehend. "A Prince is one who struggles sometimes even pointlessly and who believes persistence by itself has merit"
Akio kinda confirms it when he says "I too used to think persistence had merit" while looking at Dios right before Utena's sweat and/or tears opens the door.

The prince 'system' is ultimately a bad one, because it places undue burden on the prince while forcefully boxing girls into either helpless princesses or evil witches. People are more complicated than that. It's shit on everyone and doomed to failure every time.

He's a horrible person but I do not blame him for wanting to fuck Utena. Just imagine licking that budding and firm breasts, her tight and soft skins, that beautiful slim adolescent body, it would be glorious.

While I agree that as a system it's broken i think the ending was a bit redemptive of being a prince and was in a way saying it's okay to suffer for someone else as long as your doing it because you want to and not because of some false internal or external pressure.

I remember someone comparing it to the Madonna-Whore complex regarding how Akio sees Anthy.

In the end Utena failed to become a prince though. And that's fine, what got her to reach Anthy wasn't her sword or any other princely act, just a genuine emotional connection and wanting to see the real her. It's not that you can't do things for others, you can do that as just another human being, but that taking the role of prince (or princess or witch) is wrong and damaging. People aren't fairy tales.

I don't think she did though. Yeah it wasn't in the traditional way but in a sense she still did save Anthy the same way where while ultimately it's still on the patient a psychiatrist still helps them overcome the issue. Utena by just being there and persisting that she's worth saving is able to help Anyth save herself and as I saw it the ending implies that that is princely behaviour.
The other stuff of being heroic of being a saviour and going on quests is all additional shit that's not necessary or even outright wrong, much like the glass trappings of adulthood. Like sex, manipulation, power plays that's not what adulthood is.

It's good caring behavior. That's the revolution. Utena wasn't being a Prince, she was simply having genuine feeling for someone else. A Prince is "heroic" because that's what a Prince is, it's an ideal and all the trappings that come with it. Utena just wanted to meet Anthy, person to person. That's what moved Anthy and finally got her to leave while Akio is stuck playing his games.

utena never existed. it was just a persona anthy created for herself

So, is it worth watching if I didn't like first two episodes?

I'm sure a bunch of stuff have already been inserted in Akio.

It's a bit slow at the start, give it a few more episodes.
In the meantime you can count the number of times Anthy gets slapped.

>tfw just realised that swords is a metaphor for cocks
I'm not smart enough for this anime

wew

He has a nice voice

Anyone know where to get the song that plays at the end of the last episode? I can't find it anywhere.

Is Utena really worth it? I'm 5 episodes in and about to drop this boring shit.

Rose&Release
It's a scat version of the original demo tape of the OP Ikuhara and the producer chose near the beginning of the production.

Thanks user.

If episodes 7 or 9 don't do anything for you, then this show probably isn't for you.

Hmmm ok, till 7/9 then. Hope its a late bloomer

Good villain.

Big cunt, but by God was he erotic

I'd kill to see this show re-animated and set to the original voice recordings. Every episode of Utena looking on-par with the movie would be amazing.

It is. I'd even argue to stick around until episode 12 to get a good idea of what Anthy's really like.

honestly I never felt too much hatred for him, definitely a great villain

This is the stupidest post I’ve seen on Sup Forums in a while. There’s literally no reason to mess with it, it’s already a masterpiece.

Someone post Milk Morinaga's autistic lesbian ramblings

>all the fucking casuals in this thread who are “bored” only a few episodes in
Seriously you people make me sick. If you didn’t like it from the first episode, you should go back to Evangelion.

Are you a celfag, are you one of those idiots who think the reused shots in each duel was actually symbolic, or do you just love shoestring budgets and half of the show being QUALITY?

No I’m fucking smart because I know reanimated Utena would look like trash, and probably be full of CG.

Death to akio

There are plenty of shows that don't use filters out the ass, it'd probably look like this new image they released. I can only imagine them using CG on the castle (which was already CG). Even the hand-drawn staircase would probably be rotoscoped.

>He thinks a 39 episode show would look better today

Uh I think you're forgetting one of the most significant images in Utena, i.e. Akio's car.
Also wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those duel sequences used CG for those miscellaneous props on the desks. Probably background characters too.
It's not like a new adaption would have budget either.

Do any of the shots with Akio's car need to be redone? Did they have any trouble with drawing the props on the desks before? Did YKA have CGI students?
Not to mention that Ikuhara's works have had a much higher budget since Utena, and longer development periods. Utena's bigger problem was that they were on a rushed schedule which is why you get shit like episodes 8 or 36.

I don't know why your so stuck on this anyway, it's never going to happen. For good reason too, the original is already a masterpiece.
I don't see why Ikuhara would waste his time with something like that.

KONO SEKAI UNMEI

zettai

No shit it's never gonna happen, it's just one of those fantasy projects you think would look cool to see. I was just defending my opinion from shit like this

MOKUSHIROKU

MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO

I liked the new manga chapter despite getting baited into wanting a magnificent long-running adventure.

Why is Juri best girl?

Every time I watch this show I don't understand
how this fucking narrative got so out of hand.
Nothing seems to make sense; was it all unplanned?
What's with all the spinning roses and that pointing hand?
If it aired today, it'd never make it three seasons.
Anime in the 90s must have lacked all rhyme or reason.
Don't get me wrong (don't get me wrong), I only want to know (I only want to know). x2

Utena, Utena,
What did that Akio put in ya?
Utena, motor car,
Are you the series Sup Forums says you are?

wow

Sing and record it, user.

Someone better sing this.

He needs to have his driver's license taken away

HIMEEEEMEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAAA

Is Anthy the hottest brown girl of all time?

I LOVE HIMEMIYA

HIMEMIYA PLEASES OLD MEN FOR ROSES

Is this really a thing on facebook?

Who is the guy on the right?

Dude was living the life. If fucking beautiful chicks and having tons of money is being stuck in childhood, growing up sucks

Only when her hair is down.

Oh, Nanami. Don't you have an egg to watch over? Or maybe a kitten to kill? Or a cowbell to wear?

Yeah, both of them!

Name an anime OST better than Utena's.

You genuinely can't.

What song does that parody?

>INSIDE TOUGA'S BUTT!

When was this?

Sounds gay; forget the dueling club, they got a marksmanship club?

She isn't. She's a good person, but she's extremely narrowminded.

ZETTAI

How so?

But what's your favorite track user?

Jesus Christ Superstar

UNMEI

HIMAYMEEEYAAHH

youtube.com/watch?v=TTiOhl6gRtg

Solid pick, but it ain't no J.A. Seazer

I want to marry Utena

Whenever he wasn't fucking a different 13 year old.

I thought Utena was 14