I started to read this from the beggining. Is it a bad ride?

I started to read this from the beggining. Is it a bad ride?

There's zero reason to not watch the anime for parts 1-3, they improve 1 and 2 a lot and 3 is etremely faithful.

Even the part 4 anime is still a damn good adaption even if i'd still argue the manga is a bit better

Jojo is literally the ONLY series that has consistently gotten better and better. Araki is literally the ONLY mangaka who isn't a hack. He will never jump the shark, he will never betray his fans, he will simply continue to improve his art and storytelling abilities until the day he dies, patiently and professionally.

No fanbase on Sup Forums can claim to respect their favorite artist as much as Jojofags do. It is truly a blessed existence.

Can you stop riding his cock?

Yes. Constant plot holes, inconsistent characters, forgotten abilities, etc.
Araki also cannot write a proper ending. It's always an asspull (the coffin, volcano, same stand, power of friendship, GER, etc.)
Jojo's is literally the MLP of anime.

Damn which one should I pick?

Same stand made sense.

I watched the anime for the first 2 parts after they aired and read the parts afterwards. The anime is definitely easier to digest in my opinion.

JoJo is a very unique series, and if you love it or don't you'll have a lot to think about so I definitely suggest it.

Part 3 was kind of shitty pacing because they refused to cut anything, and wanted to stretch shitty boring fights to 2 episodes.

But yeah, people who say the anime isn't better for parts 1/2 are retarded.

Is literally wrong.

>Jojo is literally the ONLY series that has consistently gotten better and better.
One Piece and (arguably) Dragon Ball

> Araki is literally the ONLY mangaka who isn't a hack. He will never jump the shark
As mentioned already, he literally breathes and lives asspulls.

>he will never betray his fans
Yeah, because after Part 6 the series is full on fanservice and dickriding the fanbase.

>he will simply continue to improve his art and storytelling abilities until the day he dies
Just like any other human being. His art while good, is inconsistent as fuck. (look at Josuke at the start of P4 and look at him at the ending.)

Araki is a shit writer who writes for literally retards, and what's even worse is that they use
>b-but it was made during the 80s!!!
as an excuse.

His manga is shit nowadays, and it was shit back then.

Is the volcano an asspull? He wrote himself a crazy over the top solution for a crazy over the top problem he created himself. If he couldn't think of a solution that is "non asspully" he could have just not let kars become ultimate kars

explain how power of friendship applies to part 4

>One Piece and (arguably) Dragon Ball
Ok now I know that YOU are not the right choice.

>One Piece

time skip and later has been incredibly shitty

It's fun you should watch the anime and then read the game

How so?

I know they were bad examples, but there aren't a lot of old shonen series running to this day.
Well, Araki's the one who wrote himself in that shithole, further proves my point of how he's a hack.

No, just read the manga and come back when you're done.

>(arguably) Dragon Ball
Oh my God, (You).

I was obsessed with the ZA WARUDO sound when it first aired.

>Jotaro gets jobbed in all of his fights
>Araki deliberately ignores characters that could help on the final fight so Pucci could win
>Everyone fucking dies
>Part 6 is full of fanservice
Here's your (you),now fuck off.

Part 2 is best. Stop after that.

3's adaptation made me realise that not everything has to be a 'faithful' adaptation, so I disagree. Its baddie of the week formula worked very well for manga, as you could just read through it very fast and then wait for the next chunk, but the pacing just got bogged down seeing it animated, it was just frustrating. I never understood why Stardust Crusaders so was popular, outside Dio's world it wasn't that interesting.

dude are you fucking kidding OP literally just stated hes new and you spoil shit like this this is why your parents hate you faggot

The part 5 anime is better than the manga.

Parts one and two are fun to watch, part three can drag on quite a bit but the last seven episodes are great, four is pretty good too.

I kinda wish Avdol got more development. I understand he had to die because he's black but he was kinda dull; his death also felt pretty anti climactic.

I honestly watched JoJo up until DIU Episode 23, I just kinda got bored with the series. I like the characters in DIU more than SC but the mystery around the dead girl plot was kinda cliché and boring. Is it worth going back and finishing? Is that Rohan OVA any good? I really liked Rohan and Okuyasu though. Really don't like Koichi though, fucking annoying.

So i just finished Stone Ocean and there are some things i still haven't understood fully
>from part 5
How did the "that was you from the future" thing in the bucarelli-diavolo fight worked?
How did the user of aerosmith get impaled in the colosseum?
If epitaph predictions are absolute and true then how did doppio managed to slice risotto's foot off if the prediction shown that it was doppio's foot that would be separated from the rest of his leg?
>inb4 "it just works"

>from part 6
What was exactly Pucci's big plan? Like, how does having a feeling of dejavu 24/7 benefit humanity as a whole?
The "new" JoJos in the visitor room did not remember a thing because they were dead in the previous universe, why didn't they remember a thing in the third (and final) universe even though they didn't die in the second one?
How did Pucci's blow insert Weather's disc into the kid? Couldn't the kid do that himself?
Why did killing Pucci "created" yet another universe?

Those are genuinely the only parts i didn't understand (even King Crimson was more straightforward)