What are your thoughts on ultranationalist anime like Joshiraku and GATE?

What are your thoughts on ultranationalist anime like Joshiraku and GATE?
I like them.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x66eqcz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pretty fun. They seem to trigger normalfags a lot.

i have a bad feeling about this thread

I never even noticed that Joshiraku was ultranationalist

First episode. They demand Korea be returned under Japanese rule.

"give back our people!"

Remember?

Joshiraku was fun and ok with the japan banzai
Gate was boring and a japanese wet dream

They were talking about the time the Norks kidnapped a few Nip civilians to train their spies in Japanese

Gate was shit. Joshiraku was good,I do not consider it ultranationalist by any stretch though

If you're in this thread just because you like Joshiraku, someone finally subbed the stage version.
dailymotion.com/video/x66eqcz

joshiraku is really good. i have the manga coming in the mail.

I thought Joshiraku is about cute girls.

Truly. This is the power of old anime that nobody cares about anymore.

Shut up nerd.

>A bit pride in your country
>ultranationalist
Your average capeshit is more nationalistic than GATE

>What is satire?

>stuff that isnt meant as satire is satire.

I love how GATE triggers amerifats by showing their country as the shitshow it is for once, like 99% of joshiraku has nothing to do with anything nationalist though

>They demand Korea be returned under Japanese rule.
No they don't you fucking mong. They said "give back our people" to the N. Koreans because they kept kidnapping them and "give back our land" to the Ruskies because they took some at the end of WW2 and haven't given it back. Calling Joshiraku "ultranationalist" is absolutely retarded.

>and haven't given it back

Japan has no right to Kuril Islands. They lost war, they lost islands. Earlier they won war, they won islands. Simple. Their claim goes straight into trash.

Kumeta is an equal opportunity offender, sure he shits on Korea and China, but he shits way more on Japan itself. Most of SZS is him ripping the shit out of all the autistic old fashioned bullshit Japan does.
He still clearly loves his country though, he just shits on it and everything else because he's a suicidally depressed wannabe hikki.

>Japan has no right to Kuril Islands
Fine, I don't care and didn't say that they did. The point is that Korea isn't to the fucking northeast of Hokkaido (the direction that they shout towards) and being butthurt about previously Japanese lands being captured and held by a foreign country is hardly "ultranationalist."

GATE was shit, but it was fun to see the shitstorms between turbo weebs and Sup Forumsfags.

And how are you so sure of the author's actual intentions?

>Japanese lands being captured and held by a foreign country is hardly "ultranationalist."
>Japanese lands
You mean lands that they captured a few decades earlier and held for a brief while before having them retaken?

>Joshiraku
>ultranationalist

All nationalist sentiment in this anime was within the Japanese Overton window. It only seems "ultra" to Westerners.

I literally don't care about which country is in the right here but from the Japanese perspective, it's perfectly reasonable to argue that the islands of Iturup and Kunashir (inhabited by the Ainu for hundreds of years, not decades and granted to Japan by Russia in 1855 in return for trading rights) were stolen from and that they should have them back. The whole situation isn't nearly as simple as you make it out to be.

Anyway, OP was definitely retarded for thinking that they were referring to Korea.

I like ultranationalist big breasted lesbians named after african countries, does that count?

>Author who is well known for his cultural satire doesn't write satire.

""""""""""brief"""""""""""""

ty

How do you become a nationalistic anime? does there need to be mentions of the country.

Why is her butt cheek that color?

mongol butt

I didn't understand most of Joshiraku but it was my favorite anime that season

Some Japs are born with big blue spots on their asses, called Mongolian spots (careful googling that).
"Having a blue ass" is also a saying in Japanese, it means that the person is an inexperienced moron.

>You need to be this Japanese to understand Joshiraku

Unless you're as japanese as pick related you just can't comprehend the cultural intricacies and references of Kumeta's work.

Finally wrote my letter to the Emperor of Japan asking for permission to read Joshiraku, hope I get accepted.

>Ultranationalist
>>>/reddit/

whaling is cool and good

>k-pop

can rakugo story tellers love other rakugo story tellers?

You know it.

How'd the man get pregnant?

It has been 34 years sine Joshiraku last aired

t-they're making me blush...

>Joshiraku
>ultranationalist
Either you and I have watched different shows or you just escaped you contamination board.

Nationalism is retarded but I enjoyed GATE for the ridiculous scenarios.

What Kumeta is doing this days anyway? What about Kakushigotou?

A little nationalism never hurt nobody.

I will never forget Marii's Mongolian spot

Why have pride in something you didn't do yourself?

The nationalism is ignorable, it isn't like nothing else has parts that could be improved.

That's because you were Japanese enough.

Imagine being so Japanese you can enjoy these jokes.

>Thread about ultranationalist anime
>Ctrl + F
>No Crest of/Banner of the Stars

What would the Abh Empire think of such shenanigans?

>having pride in anything at all
Enjoy hell, sinner.

Kakushigoto is still going, the scanlation is still happening too, but their translator is away at the moment or something.
He's got another manga with Yasu called Nankuru Nee-san, but that one's not being translated.

Wich Fansub released the best version ?
I am too afraid of watching something who take too much liberty with the joke .

I liked GATE. Any chance of getting one more season?

Joshiraku? Only [gg] subbed it. Every other release uses gg's script.

I love GATE. It could of course be better, but it's pretty damn great as it is. Nice blend of action, lolis, worldbuilding and geopolitics.

Way I see it, it's not any different from the millions of action flicks that exaggerate burger capabilities. Just turn your brain off when you watch, and they can be enjoyable.

I want to bully Marii by asking her lots of stupid questions

>if Joshiraku aired today there would be no one around to sub it
I miss gg.

Trade a few planets of humans for Lafiel...no problems there.

Easy enough to just view most of it as just modern earth vs fantasy civilization. While Rory is great, it would be nice if identical style images to this were made for other characters as well - having any of these is much better than most manga get though.

No kidding, I've been trying to find the sub for pani poni dash, which IIRC was subbed by gg, vanished from the face of the earth.

>he still hasn't learned moon
what the fuck are you doing with your life?

So its time

Kanji scares me too much

I'm on it! honest!
I just kind of forgot about it for a couple of months.
i-I know my Hiraganas up until the T's!

Impossible for the likes of you

I have been learning it but it's still a work in progress. Regardless I'm not nearly Japanese enough to watch Joshiraku unsubbed.

>i-I know my Hiraganas up until the T's!
Congrats on managing to study for 4 minutes.

I know it';s not much, but are you seriously saying I can write down each letter 100 times or more in 4 minutes?

Learning Hiragana and Katakana by writing them out is a waste of time. Look through the charts a couple of times and try reading them without looking them up. It's not much to memorize at all. They're just syllables without meaning attached.

Reminder that you will never understand Joshiraku as much as the Japanese and there is nothing you can do about it

Now you're just talking out of your ass.
In every language ever the best way to both memorize letters and learning how to write them is to write it a bunch of times.

i like the fact Japan really doesn't want to surrender to the USA...
60 years after surrendering to the USA.
soft power is awesome.
more j-nationalism would help defin their culture better. it always does, in any nation.

nowadays, this one-race thing puts us on the track to de-diversification.

so, what about nationalist anime?
i know Zipang is pretty up there.
it made me wanna fuck a chubby 30 year old
any other great recommendations?

Then do it your way, Mr. Expert. But judging by your inability to learn even one syllabary before giving up, I doubt you'll get very far.

I'm upper-intermediate and let me tell you, kanji are a walk in the park if you dedicate a bit of time to learn them every day

Grammar on the other hand is a total bitch to learn especially as you go further up the ladder

This.
Your accomplishment is literally nothing. Work your ass off at it or don't "work" on it at all, those are the only two options when it comes to learning Japanese.

Ob's strmt oder schneit...

ob die Sonne uns lacht!

I *am* as Japanese as Mickey Rooney and I *still* don't comprehend the cultural intricacies and references of Kumeta's work.

>Type-61

Captain Haddock projectile vomiting over the gunwale.jpg

Pride does not necessarily equate to hubris.

>Zipang

I liked it better when it was called The Final Countdown.

No they didnt you idiot. Why do you see all Japanese politicians wear blue lapel pins? Its because the fucking norks come onto japanese beaches and abduct people in the middle of the night.

And the Japanese want their Kuril islands back since Russia is occupying them and are still at war with Japan. The Yalta conference pretty much stated that Japan will be returned to its borders pre treaty of Shimonoseki which at that time Japan owned most of the Kuril Islands.

TENNOU HEIKA BANZAI

Nice Nep.

But Sup Forums loves Japan.

Anyone who shit talks anime gets called a faggot en mass over there.

Nationalism is about loving and promoting your family. It derives from the idea that your nation is your extended family and thus you should give them preferential treatment just like you give your immeditate family in group preference.

The idea that it's all about pride and superiority is a retarded leftist strawman.

Yellow supremacist pls go