Why was Docrates afraid of the cops?

Why was Docrates afraid of the cops?

Because he is fucking filler and most of it in Saint Seiya were trash, before Asgard came along that is.

Galactic Wars and pre-Sanctuary had fillers with absolute nonsense Saints who were were as sadistic as Death Mask, as if the WHOLE Sanctuary was evil as fuck, not just misguided.

More like afraid to be seen? I remember the Sanctuary isn't supposed to be puiblic knowledge.

that's what I thought, I just assumed it was public knowledge as tons of normies were watching that tournament and seemed to be aware of Saints and all that

but this aspect of Saint Seiya feels pretty undeveloped (or maybe it's just the shitty subtitles) I'm really not sure what the outside world knows so far

do they think Saints are just badass fighters or are most people aware of all the myth/god stuff? So far it seems like not even the main Saints are aware of the involvement of any higher power, only real mention of this has been by Saori's grandfather. When they mention Ares they just act like it's a name

No one really questions the origins of anything they encounter as if they're all super used to the shit they're dealing with right at the get-go, but they also don't seem like veterans. The show is just like "Saints protect the world when evil rises" and that's that. No one seems like they know anything about what's going on, but they also don't seem like they give a shit

Will this shit get cleared up at all or is SS just vague in these regards? I watched Lost Canvas already and it was way more literal with all the god stuff, and there were way more Saints too

I know shonens aren't necessarily known for consistency/realism but I've never seen one where I felt this unsure about the basics of the setting, even if I am only on ep 17. Do I just have to accept it as an issue with an older series?

The spin-offs often show the saints fighting other menaces like giants, non-greek gods, etc before the events of the manga. They're approved by Kurumada so I guess it counts.

If they care about being seen why send the guy with gigantism?

Because the staff were stressed out and admittedely drunk

but that's not really the only thing, I just meant none of the supernatural stuff is questioned really (I mean this is fine when it comes to shit like winning fights because cosmos/willpower or whatever) but like where the fuck did the dark saints who were with Ikki come from? Why would these dark saints be on an island that was intended to train good guys? Why did the dark saint leaders look and fight exactly like their counterparts when all of the main Saints were relatively knew?

These guys were supposedly just normal orphans until they went off to train for their Cloths but they don't really act like it. People just accept all the shit that's happening but the show hasn't done a good job of explaining whether or not this is a setting where such things are acceptable, no one questions anything. It almost feels like Saint Seiya starts in the middle of series or something where everything's already been set up and crazy shit is commonplace but that's obviously not the case

I can't really put my finger on exactly what I want to hear, but I'm sure that whatever is bugging me about this setting could be cleared up in a few lines of dialogue. Will we maybe get more history on the saints and shit when I get to Sanctuary? There's just almost nothing concrete to use as a basis for the events that are happening

I feel that SS is especially bad in this regard as I haven't really felt this way about other shounens, like it's missing the bare minimum amount of required exposition (although there has been some) to help viewers accept the show

*new

I suppose I shouldn't be reading too hard into a shonen but I really like it a lot more than I was expecting to so I want things to click

The real answer was Kurumada wasn't sure of what Saint Seiya was about because he rushed out the publication after Otoko Zaka was cancelled for lack of interest for the readers. Kuru didn't want to lose his spot on WSJ because it's hard to get it back so he took a break from Otoko Zaka, what was supposed to be his magnum opus, to focus on his Karate Kid's fanfic

BTW, the Karate Kid's fanfic is actually true. Kurumada got the inspiration after watching Karate Kid for the first time, he thought on a manga about an extreme style of karate that requires special protection like mystical boxing gear

He was a nigger

that sucks, the fucker could have at least put some more effort into the background once he found his footing

I dunno, maybe it'll get better/clearer as it goes on. Not looking forward to getting to where the subs are even worse than they are now though

are the subs for the OVAs that finish the story any better?

Normies probably thought it was some mexican Luchadores type of thing (I know I did when I was a kid)

That bald butler was a bro

He seems like a huge asshole so far, are you memeing? Maybe these subs really are just that bad

Look closer at his skin tone

Too slow

Because he is Toei filler.

>That bald butler was a bro

What are you sonic?

Personally I think it's kinda interesting to see the creative process. Kurumada proved different ideas and pick his favorites, like introducing Jabu as Seiya's rival and then making him a jobber. It doesn't work as a solid narrative but it shows what could have been

>and most of it in Saint Seiya were trash
>implying odin wasn't pure kino