Pre-2000s Sup Forumsnime Thread

Post what you've been watching/reading recently, and what you think, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qf7cFkren4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=RCz8QRWaTcg
mega.nz/#F!fc9lWDLR!LyfwdozUVxrn1O56pJgM-A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hentai isn't anime.

I watched Bride of Deimos for Halloween. It was pretty okay.

The hentai scenes in Mezzo Forte add absolutely nothing to the plot. It's more of an exploitation flick anyway.

It is. Every animated work is anime. Be it hentai, a cartoon from pachinko or commercial, it is anime.

Just passed the half way point in GE999. It's still pretty much playing by the same beat, although I like bits and pieces that are revealed of Maetel's character

It got a non hentai anime

I'm pretty sure this scene is by Yasuomi Umetsu.

>finding out it was the robot that got raped instead of her

umetsu's works are shit.

They're fun

Best girl, best unintelligible accent.

>implying
Kozue is objective the best. Also what the fuck is happening in the most recent episodes, I don't understand the Coach's methods at all, but I hate seeing her suffer ;_;

I fuckin love Mezzo

Is Urusei Yatsura worth watching in its entirety?
I know nothing about the series, other than the fact that Lum's design is cute and there are a shitload of episodes.

Im on ep 54 rn and its pretty fun show

Dont expect any sort of character development like most Rumiko shows though

If you want that watch Maison ikkoku

Gonna cheat a little here since I haven't watched it since it just finished downloading, Oniisama e.
Read a lot of people recommending it so I decided to give it a try which I'll do as soon I finish my daily Aikatsu episode.

>Read a lot of people recommending
are you referring to that really long thread that happened a week ago

Red pill me on Umetsu.

Why did he only make a few of his own OVAs and then never really make anything that he made entirely again, pretty much just being hired as an advisor from then on? His animation style is really amazing.

*entirely on his own

He just wants to draw cute girls getting raped

That was an awesome thread

Well, he then moved on to his own TV series' and that being much more demanding caused that he couldn't supervise everything. For his shows he's still doing all from original pitch, character designs to directing and animation direction. And he's the best OP/ED director and boy, he is the best.

It's not quite pre-2000s, but close enough to cram it in. I was watching Love Hina recently, it's so charming. Somehow everything about it should be unbearable and irritating, but it's so lovely. Everything about it that would usually make you roll your eyes just works. All the characters are incredibly charming, even if they're mostly generic caricatures.
Also Naru is second-best girl.

Has he said anything about ever making another hentai OVA/movie again or if Kite Liberator is still going to get a sequel?

I don't know about that, but his character designs at least are going to be used for this

He made Wizards Barristers not so long ago. And let's say he had lost his touch.

>It's not quite pre-2000s, but close enough to cram it in.
Shut up you stupid fuck. It's not "close enough". If it's not it's not. Now fuck off.

I was going to say it was not that good. But it was really so bad it was great.

not him, but there's no need for the hostility, user.

>it was really so bad it was great.
the OVA is really good though, I loved the gags and the banter. plus the animation was amazing.
a really fun watch.

Apes don't understand unless you crack their skull with a blunt weapon.

Sorry, I have no idea. Though I read in an interview with him that originally one of his OVA project wasn't supposed to have any h-scenes but the producer said he would like Umetsu to include some so he did. Though for the love of me I cannot remember if it was about A Kite or Mezzo Forte.

Since he did original charadesigns for Kokkoku I wouldn't be surprised if he directed OP or ED. After that he might be working on something of his own for all we know. But honestly I like him as OP/ED director and key animator much more than series director. Though, I still hope that one day he'll get to direct his own TV series which won't have any big production trouble and will realize all of his potential.

That was Kite, he was contractually obligated to include sex

Finished Ideon and really loved it. The thing I disliked the most in the series was the fights themselves especially compared to the fights in MSG which felt much more interesting and engaging. I still loved the characters and the drama on the ship between them (stuff that should have been more present in MSG) and the ending was lovely.
Yeah it's repetitive at times but Maetel has some great moments,The pirate of time castle is probably my favorite from the show (79-81)
I believe it's worth because I love this series with whole my heart but it's a big investment of your time. I say check the first 10 episodes or so and if you like the humor, characters and the style of the show you'll probably love the rest of it. It stays pretty much the same imo.

Haikara-san ga Tooru Part 1 MOVIE
Benio Hanamura 17years old - Taishou 7 - (1918)

1978 TV youtube.com/watch?v=qf7cFkren4Y
2017 MOVIE youtube.com/watch?v=RCz8QRWaTcg

Still mad the other girl didnt get fucked.

OK, but when is the original series going to get subbed.

>Annual Rayearth watch through

man this ending always gets me

Anyone here watched Megazone 23 recently?

Is Anne the most pure waifu out there?

Been watching Revolutionary Girl Utena it's alright if a bit repetitive so far

Watching both Vampire Hunter D movies for the first time.

WOW!

Working through Orguss, Tekkaman Blade and the original Cutey Honey right now.

I also watched a bunch of old horror anime around Halloween. Youma was really good, Digital Devil Story looked pretty but gave me a headache from the poor directing, Tokyo Revelation was fun and Vampire Hunter D was a bit disappointing, not bad, but it seemed lacking in a lot of places. The fight choreography especially came off as ill conceived and a lot of the animation short cuts they used looked kind of bad. I also re watched Perfect Blue which was actually even better than I remembered it being.

there needs to be more double penetration in anime.

I'd agree (user from )
, the first Vampire Hunter D isn't great, but the second is leagues improved

But Mezzo isn't pre-2000s.

Wait is someone making stitches of all the Yawara outfits? I was going to do it when the show came out but if someone else is I want theirs.

What gags?

>Still mad the other girl got killed.

FTFY

She's just the right amount of weird.

There's a ''no-hentai" cut that stands up perfectly well.

How do you mean "weird"?

Just finished the Lodoss series, what great fucking series. Funny how a 90s Fantasy anime shits on every single current Fantasy anime.

Excluding movies,
-Currently on Evangelion episode 6, kind of a slog.
-3 episodes into Attack on Titan. It's ok, will continue but nothing gripping me.
-Watched Watamote anime, then all manga up to current. Very good and unique, always want to see what happens next.
-Prison school anime then all manga. Has its highs and lows, certain bits drag on way too long. Super sexualized boobs or hanging from doorknobs by thongs with outlined vagina is too ridiculous to be arousing, but played too straight to be funny. Overall fun.
-Mirai Nikki. Skipped to and jacked it to episode 14 where girl ties up dude and passed.
-All of Minami-ke. Overall fun characters and some good humor, hits too many anime tropes that make it drag sometimes. Honestly probably wouldve dropped if I didn't love Kana so much.
-Darker than Black. Accidentally started on 2nd season or something where dude and girl go to island hotel. Was cool with great tension and buildup til the cover is blown and it goes to shit. Went back to S1 and equally bored.
-Anohana. Started to skip through from boredom and annoyance with Menma character, but slowed back down. Very touching, great op song. Better if Menma wasnt such a shit but still great.
-School Days. Surprisingly didn't drop at beginning, something unique kept me around, then really surprised me more and more. I'm quasy and literally got lightheaded and nearly passed out at the end.
-School rumble. Pretty into the humor, tentatively dropped because the length was intimidating. May return sometime.
-Cromartie HS. Love it overall, though I laugh more thinking back on jokes than when actively watching it. Has some drawn out jokes or eps.
-Azumanga Daioh. Watch an ep or 2, skipped around, wasnt into it at all and dropped it.
-My little sister cant be this cute. So-so, wasnt generic and Sup Forums never shuts up about it so i stuck it out. Reminded me of my own experiences here in Japan sometimes.
-Aku no hana. Gripped me right from the first frame. Very good

I just watched Venus Wars. I loved the art directiona and vehicle designs in it, really distinctive and well animated.

>pre 2000
oops. well fuck it

>Hit somebody right on the little armored part
Is the other guy even trying?

Do you think you could drop me a magnet link for it?

>-Currently on Evangelion episode 6, kind of a slog.
Don't worry, Eva gets better

If you haven't seen it yet, Ruin Explorers is a fun short OVA

LH uses Maison Ikkoku's ideas as a springboard to create what became the protypical harem anime for the better part of a decade. It's actually head and shoulders above most of its successors, though, and does its inspiration justice by being a proper romance show to boot.

By the way, the author of Love Hina has another series called Negima. I'm reading through it right now and it does some crazy interesting stuff.. be sure to check it out after Love Hina.

He hit the little armored part, didn't he?

i second that

Queer.

Not him, but I've only read the manga. How much does the OVA cover?

Her being somehow a robot was a really shitty cop out.

All of it? Kinda? It's not a straight adaptation. Not really. Certain things that where only one of chapters in the manga get more attention like the ultimate power and the merchant is a more major character.

It's only 4 episodes so it's not really a long watch and even the manga was what? 10 chapters?

>somehow
their whole business was about building androids though, pay attention to the plot

Her being a robot only made it hotter

I uploaded it to mega.
mega.nz/#F!fc9lWDLR!LyfwdozUVxrn1O56pJgM-A

Radical

Thanks senpai

It's pretty fun until Lyle shows up and takes over the entire plot. watch it anyway because it's fun and they take a different direction from the manga

I’m Revisiting the series and I honestly think I’m getting more traumatized this time around

welcome to the club.after it set's in (wait a week) and watch the rebuilds. See how they compare.

Is Boogiepop Phantom pre-2000's? It's production was done in 1999.

:)

The dub alone is fucking hilarious.

Benton: Oh let it go Son Goku, you'll never be able to talk him out of it.

Gogul: I agree with Benton, at least we saved the skyscraper and that prick Hasegawa didn't pop our heads off with these fucking collars. So don't bother getting so steamed up over another 10 years.

Son Goku: Go fuck yourself Gogul. Listen you miserable good for nothing piece of tin-plated scrap iron, either you reduce my sentence or I'm going to fucking break you up. But first I'm going to take you and shove you up Hasegawa's ass where you goddamn well belong.

i'm watching eva for the first time with 700 other anime completed, man fuck all who said this was shit

maybe i'm just a brainlet though

Mezzo Forte makes me even more depressed that there will never be another well-animated hentai again. Hell, the stuff coming out now is nothing but tweened flash-tier shit and morphs/stretches of still images. It's pathetic.

>getting blacked by your senpai and sloppy seconds by your partner was just a dream

once you get around episode 30 you get the point and every episode is similar with nothing really happening

Lyle was in the manga too.

>get punched in the face
>spit blood
>alright see you tomorrow

What release is that??? I didn't know anyone released the BDs

nothin personnel kid

Is Orphen good?

Or rather, is it fun and well made?