I want your honest opinion on Mahou sensei Negima

I want your honest opinion on Mahou sensei Negima

Other urls found in this thread:

anime.astronerdboy.com/2012/03/new-proposed-japanese-law-reason-ken.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like it. It turns out, all the typical harem MC cowardice becomes much easier to swallow if the MC is a shota.
I'm perplexed that no other big haremshit series ever caught on to this.

I like it and it deserved a proper ending without have to sit through years of tedious uq bullshit to get it

There is too much detail for the manga to ever get a proper adaptation.

It was a decent haremshit, and the last part being a battle shonen was pretty okay in my opinion.

It could have been average, but ended up shit thanks to the endng

Very good manga.

I fucking hate Akamatsu.

the rushed ending ruined it

hard to self-insert

Haruna was best girl, Kotaro/Natsume was best pairing

pretty damn good, up until the point it stopped all of a sudden.
The mangaka had to do it to keep the rights to his own manga, but the solution was really painfull.
And UQ holders is shit.
I just wanted a decent end to negima.

>ending
should i even continue to read it if ending is so shitty?

Best fight

The manga is long, and its fun, but then you get some kind of wierd ending all of a sudden when your not ready for it.
And then you have to read a sequel to find out the real ending, but by then all the fun you had while reading the negima is gone and you feel only hate.

Oh boy

that sounds horrible
is the second ending shitty too?

not that user but even the second ending still isn't really an ending, but I was still happy to get it

that's really fucking sad considering how long manga is
now i don't even know should i continue reading it

i havent had the heart yet to read it, i'm just telling you what i have been told from other user's on Sup Forums

Why do you hate the ending?
It was kinda rushed, but it made sense at least
Also, why all the hate for UQ Holder? I'm reading and it's fun. Not as much as Negima, but I think most of the hate comes from people who compare it to Negima and mistakes the latter being better to the former being shit, which is not

>why all the hate for UQ Holder
i just dont like it, and negima was great, but the mangaka should have just continued negima when he earned back the rights to it.
Then when negima was done he could make UQ or whatever, then i would not give a fuck.

>earned back the rights to it.
he never even lost any rights

>i just dont like it
Fair enough
>the mangaka should have just continued negima when he earned back the rights to it
I suppose he couldn't just do something like this, even though I don't know if because of legal problems or for his own decision
I think it was a combination of both
From what you can see from his works, the attention to detail for backgrounds and magic formulas, I think Akamatsu is quite the perfectionist
Maybe he couldn't stand just going on with Negima as if nothing had happened given the epilogue-sque ending he gave to the manga

THATS THE FUCKING POINT.

He had to end negima to keep the rights to it, the publisher was going to own negima and the only loophole was ending the manga.

Like all those other Mangaka who didn't lose any rights?

regardless of the ending it's a fun journey, and the second ending does give a lot of closure but it's really integrated with uq holder now so it can't really end until uq holder does

>Also, why all the hate for UQ Holder?
I was kind of hyped when it started because hey here's a chance for a negima ending but I didn't really like most of the characters and the storylines didn't really catch me, then worst girl kirie started taking over poochy style and it turned into a struggle to read. but I have been enjoying the negima stuff now that it's finally here

i dont know the details, but he probably made a wrong deal at some point.

Was fate averruncus a good villain or generic shit?

Very good villain in my opinion
Costantly questioned himself and even brought some fair points in his argumentations
He even was kind of a good guy, helping out orphans and shit

Negima 3A Poll Final Results

>best girl wins
well done japan

In fact the best girl was in third place...

WASTED POTENTIAL

>bandwagoning slut

did they spell her name wrong on that?

Honestly, it's my favourite work of art of all time, even though it does have a lot of shortcomings.
Mostly the shortcomings just amount to 'It's a masterpiece without a proper ending', and, quite frankly, I can just fill in the gaps myself and probably do a better job of it than Akamatsu.

are you reading uq holder? if not the negima stuff starts at 125 and it eventually confirms who won and stuff

honestly, I wised that they made a proper tv anime for this show, and using the art style used in the Magic world arc ova series as a based.

But it was BULLSHIT

Which is part of the reason I feel like I'm better off filling in the gaps myself.

he had said who it was in interviews a while ago so while she wouldn't have been my choice this was just confirming it

I was pretty happy with the closure we finally got after waiting so fucking long, but it's up to you of course

Nodoka BEST GIRL

I used to be really into it.
Fell off hard early during Magical World Arc.

Still stand by my belief that it was a good manga, was very in-depth, expansive world building, great fighting choreography.

the series got me into manga and is how I found out about fansubs and scanlations. Asuna is best girl and nee-san.

also there were some torrents for some of the songs of the series but right before they finished they stopped seeding. please someone help

you should definitely read it, it's a blast along the way and the ending isn't the kind that ruins characters, it just was stupidly abrupt and pointless so it's a pain for us knowing what could have been.

Overall very positive impression, even though it was often boring as fuck. I think it boils down to the great moments being so memorable that they brought the whole thing up.

I really liked how magic felt like it has substance. It wasn't overexplained or simplifed like how a series will make magic, but it still felt like it had an in world structure to it with the incantations the delayed spells, magic circles you name it.

>Regarding UQ Holder
Akamatsu. Why have you forsaken me?

Regarding Rights:

Mangaka are basically standalone companies that have to shoulder the cost of producing chapters while recieving only a small amount of money monthly.

They make their money, they invested into producing the chapters (studio rent, Assistants, ...) back via Volume sales.

THE PUBLISHER DOES NOT HAVE TO PUBLISH THAT VOLUME. But if he foregoes the right to publish it, the Mangaka can Publish it via a different Publishing company.

This is THE reason being a Mangaka can be massively lucrative.

The Law Akamatsu was concerned about, and which was defeated after tireless Lobbying, would have granted Publishers neighboring copyrights.

anime.astronerdboy.com/2012/03/new-proposed-japanese-law-reason-ken.html
>right now the biggest thing that occupied most of Ken’s time (at least on twitter) is his fight against publishers, which including Kodansha, in trying to impose a new law by creating “neighboring copyright”, for people who are not creator but has a hand in “helping” the creation of the work gets automatic right, meaning editors, researchers, printers, etc. or plain speaking, a power grab by the publishers to take right away from the author, this is something VERY SERIOUS and has long unforeseen consequences if pass through, (the publisher can and will go after second hand creation/dojin without need to ask the permission of the author, etc. (it was one of the state benefits of this law) meaning the end of dojinshi as we know it., or after a serial is over the author can not retain exclusive right to it while the publisher can hold onto to it forever to keep making money for itself, etc.) and Japanese works readers (be it novel or manga) need to pay attention to this development just like the Tokyo Child Protection law, [sic]

>after a serial is over the author can not retain exclusive right to it
THIS was the most egregious sticking point.

I know people are a mixture of emotions about who he ended up with, but I'm sure everyone can agree that among all the protagonists out there he deserved the happy ending of saving his dad.

First half: Great.
Second half: Generic shonen garbage

>Fuka in 11th
>Fumika in 28th
D-Did I miss something?

>Chisame in third

thanks for posting this user that link was pretty interesting, I wonder how it feels to have to fight in court someone you've previously fought together with

shame it died the way it did

though I forgot most of it

This is not about a court.

He tried and succeeded (!) to prevent Parliment from passing the Bill.

While Lobbying against Kodansha and the other Publishers.

They took him back, because Publishers like Money after all? I think.

>He tried and succeeded (!) to prevent Parliment from passing the Bill.
I thought that was usually done in court but I could be wrong, if it was though this
>one of the editor were together with Ken in opposing the Tokyo Child Protection Law.
could've been kind of rough

That actually sounds like a noble cause and a shitty law. I miss Negima, but maybe it was worth killing it if it helped the law not to pass. It's just one manga, after all.

He wrote: No publisher (~of printed media?) has automatic neighboring copyrights anywhere in the world. They probably just buy the stuff (right to copy) outright.

I enjoyed it despite it's flaws and re-read every few months.

I still have questions, but UQ offered some degree of closure (One of my top 3 girls won)and the rest may come as UQ continues. As of right now I'm somewhat content.

>re-read
all 350+ chapters? you're insane

I dont do shit on my days off my dude, and I skip around some too.

I enjoyed it greatly, even if the first couple of arcs and the ending were lackluster. Regarding it's shonen aspects, it's top tier, as is the world building/magic system.
Negi vs. Rakan is one of my favorite fights in manga, and Raiten Taisho is definitely up there for coolest abilities.

>not rereading your favorite series every so often regardless of length
manga is a quick read anyway I've already read all of Devilman today

Kaede, Setsuna, and Chachamaru were my favorite girls.
How is UQ Holder? I remember reading up until the Fate vs. MC and crew fight, but sort of forgot about it after that.

The spell-absorbing thing was cool in theory but in practice it was just super saiyan.