It's 1989 Sup Forums and we just found out Son Goku is an ayy lmao named after a vegetable

It's 1989 Sup Forums and we just found out Son Goku is an ayy lmao named after a vegetable
How much do we shitpost about this chapter?

series should have ended with Picolo. Toriyama is dragging this out

Don't worry! El Yamcha Blanco will deal with el Gran Hermano.

Superman rip off

What killed the hype ?

Get a load of Piccolo jobbing
Fucking powercreep

KurERIn

O

MY

When the fuck did Spaniards begin to read manga?
Actually when the fuck did Spaniards learn to read at all?

MY

ZENKAI

Goku is an outer spacer!?
>HE NEEDS TO GO BACK

ALIEN

SPACE

So I guess Goku's brother is going to be a major character going forward. Maybe after he's defeated he'll become Goku's rival and ally, kind of like Piccolo is now.

That is nothing compared to the shit storm trunks would bring.

No wonder sales are falling. Tori is a hack.

In twenty years Saint Seiya will still be remembered as a classic and Dragon Ball will be forgotten.

I wish I could experience the hype all over again

O

Events in Dragonball that would receive O MY (X) (Y) today
>O MY GIANT MONKEY FORM
>O MY MAGIC HEALING BEANS
>O MY TOWER CLIMB
>O MY MAGIC WATER THAT WAS REAL ALL ALONG
>O MY SECRETLY AN ALIEN
>O MY NEW TECHNIQUE
>O MY GOD GOKU DIED
>O MY SCOUTER WAS STILL ON
>O MY TRAINER POWERCREEP
>O MY KAIOKEN
>O MY KAIOKEN X2
>O MY KAIOKEN X3
>O MY KAIOKEN X4
>O MY SPIRIT BOMB
and keep going.

ALIEN

Definitely.

MY

>>O MY GOD GOKU DIED
>>O MY SCOUTER WAS STILL ON

It just makes me think our generation is annoying as fuck. Damn you internet! All these asspulls only helped the excitement to increase. Sometimes it's better to be incoherent and fun, than logical and boring.

FUTURE

Even to this day I'm still mad he never bothered reviving his brother. Just look at all the mass murderers he forgave and he can't even do the same for his fucking brother?

What the fuck is wrong with Goku?

I guess Goku being an alien wouldn't be as bad as Nappa & Vegeta part of saiyan arc.
>everyone took years, if not decades, training to reach power levels around 500
>in matter of months Goku goes over 9000 and everyone else at least doubled their PL
Can you how loud would people cry "asspull"?

Did Togashi write this page?

You speak as if there were only 2 or 3 Spanish speaking countries.
In Spain it was apparently in 1979, or at least the first one in Spanish (in Catalan there was one manga released in 1969). The widespread from manga begun in 1992 with Dragon Ball though.
I think that as a general rule in Latinamerica manga started to be sold in the mid 90s. In some of those countries the ones who did the first translations were people who learned Japanese because they liked anime.

Also:
>Manga
>Read

It's different really, Raditz just isn't worth wasting a wish on. Goku has no ties to him other than a loose one of "brother", which if you tried to explain to Goku, he'd say that Krillin is a better brother than Raditz. Then Vegeta fulfills the role of being nakama of the same race of him, so in the end Raditz has no role to fulfill.
And Goku never even knew Bardock so don't even ask. As far as reviving Grandpa Gohan, Gohan himself told Goku don't bother.

It's okay for Goku because Kaio said training with him was as good as thousands of regular training.
People would complain about the others though but maybe some would rationalize it saying it's the first time they had to train for their lives.

Why didn't they ask Shenlong to make their spaceships explode?

YOUR FATHER WAS AN AVERAGE WARRIOR BUT HE WAS A BRILLIANT SCIENTIST
>Bardock
>Dead
he makes too much money to be allowed to die.

>bunch of professional martial artists
>first time they had to train for their lives

In the sense that if they weren't strong enough by the next year everyone would die

I thought he couldn't revive Gohan because he died from natural causes.

Still you'd think Vegeta would consider reviving him and Nappa. What with trying to keep his species alive and all.

SON

well played

This is one of the biggest misconceptions of DB, Vegeta doesn't really give a shit about the Saiyans. He just wanted revenge against Freeza.

Chiaotzu = Jiaozi (chinese dumpling)
Yumcha = Yum Cha
Mai = shumai

you guys are pretty shit, glad I grew up when fun was allowed

Vegeta didn't want to revive Raditz because he was a weakling. GT showed that Nappa would still be angry at Vegeta for killing him.

Gohan was killed by Goku during a full moon.
I've always thought Vegeta didn't give a shit about Raditz, Nappa, his father or his whole species because of how stagnant they had become. They would have just kept on being space gangsters and torturing the weakest races while he became so much more by rebelling, finding a rival and new battles on Earth.

Dodoria spells out that Saiyans would grow strong after Vegeta's generation if they had lived. The Prince wouldn't be the elite of the elite, he would just be an average joe in terms of power level among the newer generation.

Freeza feared numbers, I don't think the Saiyans would have grown so much. What made Vegeta strong was learning from the Earthlings

Characters can lie. If Vegeta admited he cared about his planet, the enemy would get all smug, so it makes sense that he would go around saying he doesn't care. Vegeta is a well known tsundere, don't forget that.

I meant that the newer numbers of Saiyans would be more like Gohan or Broly: born with a high potential to be an elite soldiers if trained right. They would grow powerful enough to rebel against Frieza, and Saiyan Hierarchy.

Also true, but judging by how Vegeta acted in the Namek arc he looked like he only cared for his own interests. He even killed Nappa.

Gohan is half Earthling and Broly is LSSJ. I don't think regular Saiyajins would get too strong without meeting actual martial artists like Goku and Vegeta did.

He doesn't care about weak saiyans, because they soil the saiyan pride, but he obviously got buttmad that Frieza destroyed Planet Vegeta. Didn't he even ask Goku to avenge him and the saiyans at one point?

He did but it looked like he cared more about someone giving Freeza his comeuppance than the Saiyans themselves. They were a bunch of savages, not even great fighters.

He did, but he was just mad about having been used and lied to.

probs 1 more arc to wrap this all up

>kek

Of course they won't get strong without meeting actual martial artists. Freeza isn't going to waste billions of dollars training Saiyans to have access to high quality martial arts teachers. He hired them to outsource manual back breaking labor.

Now that Goku has a child do you think Yamcha and Bulma will have one too? I know they broke up but I'm sure they're getting back together soon enought.

So I'm assuming we're finally going to start Yamcha's character arc soon. All his major losses should be weighing on him. It just feels weird that this has gone totally unaddressed so far.

>Goku has a son
>He also has a brother
>He's actually an alien
>He was supposed to take over Earth
Nothing Happens: The Chapter

Piccolo died, so there're no more dragonballs. I wonder what kind of asspull they'll come up with to revive them, maybe Piccolo is also an alien and there's an entire race of people capable of making Dragon Balls? I hope they don't go that route.

Goku technically did take over Earth by beating the world's strongest martial artists, destroying the Red Ribbon Army, and killing Demon King Piccolo. He just doesn't want to lord over people. I'm sure that if Goku had told this, Raditz would've been impressed.

Vegeta was just bullshitting to try to make Goku mad enough to kill Freeza. As soon as Vegeta finished Goku said "You didn't really care about them, you just didn't like being Freeza's puppet".

That first one made me laugh.

Dragon Balls are vastly useless now anyway, it was already revealed that the limit is one resurrection per person and what else would they use them for?
Smart move on Toriyama's part too, this way they can still be somewhat useful without being a "Lol drama undone" button

I'm a bit worried that Piccolo is going to take Tien's place as Goku's rival. But I know that that no matter what, Toriyama will keep Tien as an integral part of the team.

Please don't tell me this series is gonna start being about fighting aliens now; having Piccolo was enough as is

Surely we'll see Launch!

Can't what to see what they do with Yamcha. Kami told him he has great potential, but needs to focus on defense and toning down his ego. He was humbled then, so surely his cockiness will he toned down and he'll start to really grow as a great martial artist.

Trunks' literal fanfic intro/backstory would be memed for eternity

TORYAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>the cuckposting after the Trunks reveal

One year time limit, and Shenron only had one wish at a time back then which they needed to Rez goku

>Super saiyan out of nowhere that uses a sword and is the child of Vegeta and Bulma

I could only imagine the shitstorm, Trunks just screams self insert fanfic.

kek

The "Gohan Blanco Calvo is actually Grampa Gohan that went back in time" fanfic looks tame in comparison.

GOKU DIED?

The series should've ended after the panties wish. Everything since has just been a cash grab.

Yup. Goku said exactly this when he buried Vegeta.

Of the couple thousands that made up the Saiyan population, nearly all of them were the low class trash that Vegeta hates so much and had no problem killing.

The were only about 10 mid class Saiyans like Nappa.

Vegeta and King Vegeta were the only higher class Saiyans.

The series should've ended before it began, that's what Toriyama originally wanted.

Not everyone is an illiterate like the average american.

I first saw a few episodes of Dragon Ball in Italy before it aired in German-speaking Austria.

Such weebs.

How many more times are they going to change bulma's look?

>Goku is an alien
>he has a long lost brother
>he's got a Superman backstory
>Piccolo Jr. is now a protagonist
Toriyama jumped the shark

Fucking retarded, you can't just retcon goku and piccolo into being aliens and retcon god into being just the smallest and most insignificant god in god hierarchy.

Sometimes I unironically think I might've been born in the wrong generation because of this.

From what I've gotten, he loves Saiyans; and wants them to thrive. He just didn't like their way of doing it, since it was basically just them picking on everybody weaker on them so they could survive, which went against his code anyways, not to mention the whole bowing to Frieza / Beerus thing.

This is why he said that his wish with the SDB's would result in resurrecting Universe 7 in one way or another. Stating how Saiyans will continue to survive / thrive or whatever. He probably feels like this is a better version/reality of the saiyans from his Universe. Ones that he can actually have pride in carrying on the Saiyan legacy. Hence saiyan pride.

If anything, he probably feels like he's obligated to be the judge of how the Saiyans are developing in the other sniverse; since they've mentioned more than once that he wants to go to planet salad to meet the king. He'll probably end up showing how important Saiyan pride is in one way or another, like he did to Cabba (hopefully a little less violent). Hell, maybe he even likes how they're portrayed on the inside. He's known for being incredibly tsundere in the first place, so I wouldn't put it past him to try to support his race if they were thriving by doing pretty much the complete opposite of how his reality of Saiyans went.

CHADitz always wins baby

Wasn't King Vegeta a shitter who got surpassed by his son when he was just a small child?

Lol

We don't. Sup Forums does not exist in 1989, let alone anyone in the US knowing what the hell "Dragon Ball" is.