/ss/ - Secret Santa Matching is Sent

Hey every user! This thread is late but it looks like matching should be sent in a few brief moments!

There have been new methods to matching that we tried out to speed up the process, as well as make things smoother!
So, here are some important notifications before you start shopping for gifts!

**IF YOU GET SOME WEIRD MATCHING OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT, SEND US AN E-MAIL**
**DON'T START SHOPPING FOR ABOUT 1-2 DAYS AS WE MAY DO SOME MINOR REASSIGNMENTS**

**YES YOU BAKA IT'S TOO LATE TO JOIN**

Also, we'll try to hold threads once every two weeks on weekends, or something like that.
Have fun! Any questions here or on e-mail are okay!

E-mail - [email protected]

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/search/tripcode/!XmasMGNCFI/type/op
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How many anons partake this year and how many last year?

Don't respond, this is a scam.

Dunno about this year, but I hear there were over 500 last year.

Just noticed as well, but I was hoping to get a confirmation whether or not there will be reassignments.
I would like to get the ball rolling on ordering gifts.

Cute rabbits.

G from NM, hope I can make something as interesting as your list, youve got some neat stuff on there

It's been 2 days since I've gotten my assignment, so do I buy now?

It's a scam? I already got assigned somebody. Should I just say fuck it and forget about it?

Wait, that's not Santaloli.

Wait until tomorrow evening, SantaLoli usually posts on Saturday or Sunday evenings. They also did say 1 - 2 days for reassignments.

I think he means this particular thread is fake, its the same OP post as last time and no trip on SantaLoli.

Reminder that the reasons the mods almost banned /ss/ last year is because of retards like OP who couldn't stop themselves from constantly making threads

Can we keep this thread? I've been wanting to chill and draw with you guys to get in the mood to get my card making ball rolling. First year doing this and I have a lot of questions as I go along.

No. Wait for the official one.

And when is that one going up? tomorrow? sunday?

Whenever the loli decides to make it. She didn't say exactly when in the previous thread.
You can check the archive to see when she usually makes threads desuarchive.org/a/search/tripcode/!XmasMGNCFI/type/op the last few (not counting the deadline and assignment ones) have been on Sunday afternoons.

Okay don't copy and paste the OP from last thread, this isn't a general. And don't do this again. I was going to make a thread tomorrow morning so that it would be convenient timing for everyone to see.

Assignments are out, and it's pretty much safe to buy your gifts now. If you see this post good job, but don't bump this thread and just wait until tomorrow.

Anyways, making a thread is okay, just don't do it so frequently, and don't try putting my name on it to confuse people.

We release statistics after the event. It was a bit under 600 last year.

Thanks for confirming. I waited just about 2 days out of instinct but I've ordered my gifts now because I actually found that rare hipster bs item and jumped on it. I was going to say if I get reassigned whoever my reassignment is will be getting this shit regardless.

Also, my assignment has fucking shit taste and they'll know it.

>**DON'T START SHOPPING FOR ABOUT 1-2 DAYS AS WE MAY DO SOME MINOR REASSIGNMENTS**

But I order my gifts yesterday

Hello anons! It is that time of year. Sign up for homo cards below: [email protected], going to need:

>Name
>Address
>Number of Cards (1-3)
>Willing to send internationally?
>Shows/boys you like

Last year was fun, many creative cards and friendly anons from all over the world. Looking forward to this holiday season!

I got someone I got last year. You're getting cookies as an addition to the gift again, though they might be different cookies; I'm glad you liked them.

Can you make the thread on Sunday?

>don't bump this thread
>faggots bump it anyway from page 10
are you trying to get /ss/ banned?

I didn't see that post as I hadn't read the full thread and I use the catalog, so page count is totally lost on me most of the time. I'll let the thread die.

>I got someone I got last year.
I hope there's at least some real randomization in the matches. Seeing the actual last name of my match and given how close it was I thought it may be just matching to the person with the last name alphabetically closest to you.

No I'm saging thought everyone was.

I've been saging.

>no trip

Are you trying to kill these threads?

Homocards is run by a shitposting retard who made another thread a few days ago, so no surprises there.

If you use neet P means page, if you use inline shit is in bump order by default and says the page number. The thread has less than 30 posts. You cannot be this stupid.

I just opened Sup Forums as it's my default page when I go to Sup Forums, it opens to the catalog, I typed "secret" and this thread showed up and I clicked on it without looking at how many replies it had or what page it was on.

Just chill out.

Don't be ashamed if you were more general. On the contrary that's exactly what your are "supposed" to do.

It actually irks me how OCD my assignment was specifying exactly what items they want down to the character and specific figure. For fuck's sake asshole buy that shit yourself then. That's not how secret santa works. They're going to get a surprise from me all right. Hint: it's not going to be 100% as they fucking directed.

Thank you Homo Santa, I've been waiting for this

This
I got a 150+ assignment and it's really unpleasant to shop for because it's full of super specific things, and he doesn't seem to like scales, which are usually the high cost items that I get.
Plus based on what he said in his wishlist he signed up for multiple brackets, which is really shitty, because it lessens the spirit of the event, in addition to me now having to worry about other people getting the same stuff as me.
I wish the santas would just make it one signup per person.

Uh, relax dude. It's not a big deal.

Friendly reminder to sage when posting since this isn't an official thread.

One gift per person is an idea worth considering. For my specific gripe I'd just propose having a general guideline akin to what I said. If you're going to take the fun out of it then just go buy that specific figure of that specific character from the only one or two stores that sell it. Something tells me these are also the fuckers that also complain endlessly if they don't get EXACTLY what they painstakingly specified to the T. Well on the upside I don't feel bad at all for intending to fuck with them at least a bit. You shouldn't feel bad either. Quid pro quo for being such an autist.

There's all this talk about being considerate to your gifting but you have to be considerate to your Santa too. Both the putting just "surprise me" and giving them a shopping list like a hired personal shopper extremes are rather inconsiderate.

can't wait for my free gifts! sorry for the grinch tho

Maybe I'm wrong in giving you the benefit of the doubt but you are smart enough to realize that your epic trololol shitposting is more credible and elicits better reactions in secret santas that have a high rate of grinching like /toy/'s? The stats have been posted again and again for Sup Forums's near the start of each thread official thread. You're wasting your time.

Perhaps we could do a sort of cardmaking workshop tomorrow, like those with specific skills like watercolor painting or making cutout cards offering advice and those who dont know what to do getting help and ideas.

Bump

Let the thread die, this isn't the real thread.

My first year I signed up for two gifts. I did end up with a dupe, but I wasn't upset. Last year I only did one gift at 150+ and it was a good time, even though there were some specifics I loved what I got because I was still surprised. This year I signed up for three gifts. I did use the same wishlist and only said one specific thing on top of my favorite series, but there are so many different versions of it it's fine I feel. I chose to do three gifts because I really wanted to give this year. I'm spoiling some low tier boys on top of a big boy bracket. Whatever I get I get, but I'll love all of it as it will be a surprise to me.

Sent you guys a mail

I just did a rough, intentionally bad pencil sketch. Should get either butthurt or a chuckle.

Sure I actually know how to draw and Photoshop but the theme is "shit taste" does not deserve a top notch response.

How Can Threads Be Real If Our Santas Aren't Real?

The not being upset with a dupe is a being a good sport although I seriously question how exactly one would be "surprised" to get exactly what you wanted from an user that just turned their brain off and followed your shopping list. Surprise! It's the exact 2 figures I wrote a bunch about!

I'm sorry friend, but we both know that Jintai and Sora no Woto have almost literally no merchandise. I hope you can forgive me.

Kill yourself.

Friend, I realize that this isn't the official thread, but Santaloli didn't disapprove as long as people don't impersonate next time.

>but don't bump this thread and just wait until tomorrow
>but don't bump this thread
>don't bump this thread
>don't bump
>don't
>bump
>waits until page ten and bumps it twice

>but don't bump this thread and just wait until tomorrow.
Learn to read you fucking idiot.

Wow, you made a fool of me. Looks like I really do need to sleep. You have my blessing.

Fuck man I made my list with my dick this year.

But that's the best way to do it.

Didn't matter that I bumped because it got bumped again anyways. It's a good time.

This is my first time doing this, do people order the gifts directly to the other person's address or to our own address and add cards and decorations and stuff?

Okay guys since this thread won't die on its own, best course of action is to report the thread or sagebomb it to an oblivion.

It was on page 10, we didn't need to hear your autistic spiels you fucking dolt.

Maybe someone else saw it because you bumped it.

Send it to yourself, add some stuff, then send it to the person.

I'll do that then, thanks for the advice.

Friend, you're getting quite autistic about this though. You're actually getting mad over nothing. Though, I did see it on 8 when I posted.

Dear aus user. Jesus why Jojo sas have to be this expensive

Good job, guys, now Santaloli is gonna be pissed tomorrow when she sees this thread up.

Look, I am not going to reply to this thread anymore and respond to useless replies but lets just hope this crap is gone before the official thread is made.

Advisable. Sage just like you wish.

> SS lives a few miles away
> shit taste and picky

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'll do my best, user

From the archives

>Secret S/a/nta 2012

>reintroduce anthrax

>Assignments are out
Shit.

>Rest in spaghetti, never forgetti
is the only response I got, my draft didn't send the night before so I missed the deadline.

>Every time this thread hits page 9 or 10 some fucker bumps it up
See that tripcode in the first post? Me neither.

Have you tried seeing an eye doctor for that?

>gift parcel to Newfoundland
>cards to Guadalajara and south Florida

we /NAFTA/ now, apparently

What's the latest date you should send your gift? (not-intercontinental)

Stop bumping the thread.

>my assignments listed only old ass sport/"manly" anime shit that doesn't even have figures
What the hell am I supposed to gift those homos

Stop the bumbs retard

Full BD/DVD box set of Slam Dunk, and the original Prince of Tennis, you can't go wrong

Not that user but no anons care for gifts they can get online?(for free)

Why are you niggers bumping the fucking thread?

A dirty gym sock

To make people like you mad

The number of posters isn't going up, it's just one guy. Probably OP being salty because he wants his thread to get attention.

>to make people who care about the health of the threads mad

Good job champ.