Heaven's Feel

What do I need to watch before watching Heaven's Feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

mofumoe.org/content/fatestay-night
nyaa.si/view/427133
nyaa.si/view/840355
mofumoe.org/content/fatehollow-ataraxia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you only need fate zero because heavens feel is the true sequel to fate zero with dark and mature story

ignore everything else

Stop wasting your time and just watch Oath Under Snow.

Fate/zero spoils fate s/n therefore you shouldn't be watching it first

Watch stay night ->ubw ->hf-> zero

You need to watch the visual novel you fucking nerd

how do you watch a visual novel

By not closing your eyes while you're playing it?

Fate/stay night
mofumoe.org/content/fatestay-night

Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua]
nyaa.si/view/427133
realtapatch.tumblr.com/

Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works]
nyaa.si/view/840355

Fate/hollow ataraxia
mofumoe.org/content/fatehollow-ataraxia

Maybe Fate/Zero? Otherwise, just go with HF. UBW's not worth the slog.

while it is true that Zero spoils bits of F/SN, the UBW anime is specifically directed in such a way that assumes the viewer has previously seen the Zero anime. whatever spoilers you get aren't worth reversing that

>Fate/hollow ataraxia
That's a glorified fandisc.

Nothing

It really doesn't matter. Secondaries say to watch zero first because they don't know any better.

If anyone says to watch UBW first they are just retarded.

It would have been better if they made UBW more stand alone instead of sequel-to-zero

Agreed. Zero was specifically made as a prequel so they had no choice. Can you imagine the shit storm that would have come if they didn't even reference zero? It would have been amazing.

Zero is kind of set up so that it can exist as a prequel to each of the three routes in their own right. If you go Zero->Fate you're following Saber's thread, if you go Zero->UBW you're following Kiritsugu's thread (continued through Shirou) and if you go Zero->HF you're following the threads of the 3 magic families and Kirei.

You probably won't do this but play the Fate route on the F/SN VN. F/Z assumes you've watched or played F/SN, UBW assumes you watched F/Z, and HF assumes you've watched UBW, it's one long retarded chain

Avoid the entire godforsaken franchise.

This

>what do I need to watch
read this before you hurt yourself

What exactly is a secondary?

Heaven's Feel definitely follows on from previous Fate stuff.
The opening credits happen over a montage of Shirou being attacked by Archer and Lancer and forming a contract with Saber. If you're not at least familiar with the general Fate story, watch a couple of episodes of UBW, even Deen FSN will work.
People telling you FZ is necessary to watch before Ufotable UBW are vastly exaggerating.

The visual novel of fate has three different stories: Fate (Saber´s Routa), Unlimited Blade Works (Tohsaka´s route) and Heaven´s Feel (Sakura´s Route). A huge fan would tell you to read the two first routes of the visual novel and then the movies (most probably he will tell you to read the whole VN and then the films), but i can imagine that not everyone has the mood to spend 50 hours on a game, so i have made a list to enjoy all the routes and finally HF:

1-Fate Zero: The Prequel of the whole visua novel, written by the guy of Psycho Pass and Madoka. Most of the anime fans defend that this one is the best fate adaptation. It is optative, but i strongly reccomend it because it helps to understand some characters, the main themes of the whole saga and is very good.

2-Fate/Stay Night (manga): Deen did an horrible job, but this manga was ten times better executed. It is ejoyable, has interesting themes, good characters and explains greatly all the concepts and rules of the holy grial war. Mixex the route of Saber with parts of Unlimited Blade Works, but this has porpuse and i think that is justified

3-Fate UBW (anime Ufotable): I did not like it much, but is the only adaptation of this route. Give it a try, at least the animation is awesome

Then there are other adaptations such as Apocrypha or Kaleid, but there are not necesary to understand HF: They are other timelines.
Important: HF is not the direct sequel of Zero because Fate has not "real routes". They are all real but in pararell universes, so HF is as sequel to Zero as the other two routes.

I hope i could help you. If you have any doubt, do not bother in asking me anything

You need to go back.

He's right though.