Best modern shonen

What do you see as most important best shonen in manga history? I mean like shonen have brought something new in shonen scene. In my opinion FMA, HxH. Not generic shit like Boku no Hero Academia. What do you think?

Why?

>What do you see as most important best shonen in manga history?
Explain what you mean.

>What do you see as most important best shonen in manga history?
Dragon Ball before the time skip.

>Pre Radditz DB
>Important

user....
Don't embarass yourself.
If the series had ended with goku going off into the sunset with chi-chi or after he beat demon piccolo it would be fondly remembered but not seen as anything worthy of note.

What drives people to do this

The most important would be Hokuto no Ken I guess

English, motherfucker, do you speak it?

>fondly remembered but not seen as anything worthy of note
It'd be exactly the same. Fondly remembered, shits money, but hardly anyone actually considers it to be good.

Full Meme Autists, that's why.

It would have fade into obscurity without Super Saiyans.

>It'd be exactly the same.
No user.
No.

It would not be remembered at all.
As a matter of fact, the series was on the verge of being canceled until yamcha showed up.

Like it or not, DB is a martial arts shounen first.
And the Goku from DB is no one's favorite Goku. The fact that people outright detest Super Goku and the early skipped eps of GT and the ridiculous need to keep Goku in the body of a child and how unpopular that was should tell you everything you need to know

Dragon ball, it was the trope codifier that is constantly imitated by others.

Meh strategy/tactics, even Nardo fights have more thought put into them. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Oh shit, you said modern shonen. In that case, naruto is the trope codifier of this era. Imitated as much as dragon ball was on its era and just as loved and remembered

Of course if it has blood, death and poor drama attempts, it's teh best shounene evah.
None of them bring out anything new, also modern?
FMA is long ago being finished, HxH is decades long, and Magi is fujobait.
They have nothing in common, exept they are popular with girls, and girls do love darky edgy stuff with handsome boys, same reason why Tokyo Ghoul exist.

Most important is without a doubt dragon ball, actually it is probably the most important thing Japan has ever produced related to entertainment as a whole.
Without it we'd have no HxH or FMA either.

I thought the point of this thread was to argue about what shounen manga was the most important/influential, not the best.

>Hunter X Hunter
Not with that shitty art

>magi
for what purpose

Obviously One Piece.

History's strongest disciple Kenichi beasts the shit out of them easily

>The fact that people outright detest Super Goku and the early skipped eps of GT and the ridiculous need to keep Goku in the body of a child and how unpopular that was should tell you everything you need to know
Because they're fucking retreads that don't capture the magic of what made people like them in the first place? People didn't hate Kid Goku, they hated Goku's development being undone in a misguided attempt to appeal to nostalgia. Same thing with Super Goku being a parody but there are enough people who will eat up what comes from the mind of his senile creator.

Pretty much. People doesn't like super because it is good, they like it because it is by toriyama and loves to throw it for no reason at people who liked GT just because it got a few plot points approved by the original creator

It gets OP the (You)'s he craves.

None of them. No shonen has brought something that is great, and also managed to influence other mangaka.

If I had to say one, it would be a tie between One Piece and Naruto. Its a major influence for many modern mangaka, but less because they truly find it a great read, and more because of how much money it made.

They're basically the World of Warcraft of manga. The success both outside and inside of Japan ruined any semblance of original thinking for the newer mangaka, who only see dollar signs for when they give their MC the quest to be the best in their own profession. Same shit as usual.

>comparing Super Goku to DB Goku
Holy shit kill yourself

And it would have been exactly the same Saiyans or no Saiyans. DB didn't get massively popular out of nowhere after 200 chapters you fucking autist.

Super Goku is not an attempt at Nostalgia. It's just Toriyama's bad recollection of what Goku's personality was like in the first place.
He claims Goku "wasn't a hero" and that Toei portrayed him that way but it's clear as day Goku was a hero in DB so I have no idea what his seniles ass is talking about.

To be fair, DB Goku was a hero, doing the good fight for the good of people with a good dose of very human emotions like revenge or friendship.

With Z, while not at the same awful extent of super, goku began to become the dude with a battleboner that he is in super, who would rather stay dead to fight for all eternity in the afterlife than to be a family man and pretty much has no more interactions with his friends besides being fodder for his more important fights. Vegeta was a HORRIBLE influence on him

Haven't seen Super, but I was under the impression that part of the point of BoG was that Goku is a prideful fighter but knows when the lives of others matters more? Did they back off that or something or did I interpret wrong?

If you thought goku was merely uncultured in Z, he is outright a battle obsessed retard in super. Everytime the earth is in danger, he pretty much treat shit the same way he would treat a friendly match. It doesn't help the fact that were were two tournaments almost consecutively, both of them having the fate of the planet in one and the fate of the universe in the other in play, yet goku acts as if he still were in his first martial arts tournament instead of taking it seriously. Even with the Goku black saga, the first thing he did wasn't worry about how trunks was wrecked and living in a hellish future but rather think about how he wants to fight with goku black again.