I still can't understand how Sup Forums claims this game is good

I still can't understand how Sup Forums claims this game is good.

Is literally a COD version of TF2 with "ultimates" that you could only find in illegal hacks before, has Sup Forums gone soft with the blizzard shills?

>NOOT NOOT
>NOOT NOOT

>a cod version of tf2

It's fun and I'm having fun playing it, and it's actually has a fair price model to it.

It rips a lot of ideas from TF2, and that's not a bad thing. If you're going to take ideas, take from the best. The variety of characters make it a lot of fun, and it feels more like the arena shooters of old rather than a CoD type of thing.

Only one character in the game is basically "CoD", and I personally find him fairly boring, but he has some skills that make him a bit different.

It's honestly nothing like TF2. It's only 6v6 and the classes are way, way more specialized than in TF2. Like yeah comp TF2 also had a lower player count, but the maps were still a lot bigger and matches lasted longer. You could also compare ultimates to uber I guess, but they aren't built the same way at all and since it isn't lost on death it's not like it's really the same dynamic. Plus ultimate just build up way faster and don't have as big of an impact as an uber. Like there's a revive I guess but you can just kill the fucking medic.

It's not really TF2. I think people just want to use TF2 as a reference point because they don't play a lot of shooters it has a rocket launcher and a pipe gun, but it's they're not really that comparable outside of being team based shooters.

Saying its like tf2 with abilities is just an easier way to describe it
It's the most fun I've had with a shooter in years since tf2 really

I'd really say it's more akin to TF2 because of the objective type, and the maps that are somewhat small and focus more on movement rather than being large.

Example, CoD or Battlefield have large maps, but for the most part in those games, you're just walking around looking for people to shoot, or maybe capture a flag or secure a point.

In TF2 (and Overwatch), the maps are more about having areas that benefit the different characters/classes movement. In Overwatch, Pharrah, D.Va, Genji, Honzo, and probably some others I can't think of at the moment can get on top of high places in most of the maps, and use them to their advantage. TF2 has the same thing, there are areas that pretty much only the Scout, Soldier, and Demoman can get to.

The heroes vs classes of course, is completely different, but some of the heroes in Overwatch definitely took some inspiration from TF2. Torbjorn builds sentries and hits them with a hammer to upgrade them. Mercy can heal people by tethering with her staff. Symmetra's ultimate is putting up a teleporter exit (entrance automatically goes to spawn).

The objective games, like TF2, are stuff like Payload (pushing a car along a road through checkpoints, to get to the end), Symmetrical Control point (both teams competing to secure the same control point for longer), and NonSymmetrical Control Points (think Dustbowl from TF2).

You'll get bored in a week, don't worry.

Of course is not a carbon copy. But ot copies a lot, and i mean A LOT from Tf2. Same gamemodes, same classes and all that shit.
Truly, it IS a Tf2 knock off

>it's actually has a fair price model to it.
Stoped reading right there. Opinion discarded.

Because the TF2 community is pure cancer and the drop/market system was retarded.

>the drop/market system was retarded
The fact that you even care about this tells a lot about how mentally challenged you are and how unfit you are to make a formal opinion on the subject.

OP either tell us your legitimate criticisms with the game or fuck off.

Can someone translate the OP for me

Only blizzshills and casuals claim that this game is good.

>not a fair price model
It's literally all cosmetic. Unless you think skins get wins or something because you're underage.

>It's fun and I'm having fun playing it, and it's actually has a fair price model to it.
TF2 was, at most, 20 bucks on launch. This is 60, and has a whole lot less content, with no promises of basic features like mod support and map making tools.

>Plus ultimate just build up way faster and don't have as big of an impact as an uber.
Clueless retard detected. Syncing even 2 ultimates is basically an instant win button. If you have even a slightly co-ordinated team, you'll steamroll pubs any day of the week, and attackers literally can't lose.

It seem like Sup Forums is full of shills then, since the beta there are at least 2 threads on page 1 every day praising it.

Excuse me, TF2 was absolutely barebones when it first came out.

>mod support and map making tools
Are you fucking stupid? is a blizzard game,.

Not that user you replied to but holy shit your reading comprehension is terrible.

Everyone played the beta to give it a try, of course there would be threads about it. You need to play it to see if it's bad or not
And these threads have slowed down already, in two weeks they'll just fuck off to /vg/ and you'll only occasionally stumble on them on Sup Forums

TF2 was 60 dollars for the Orange Box, which came with a game you already owned, a mod for the game you already owned, an expansion for the game you already owned, and TF2

TF2 was $30 standalone on release, $50 on PC if you bought the Orange Box.

It only had six maps, and two of those were hydro and 2fort.

It was well balanced, a third of the price, and had 6 maps with 3 game-modes, including 5 cap points per map.

Overwatch is a complete joke in terms of balance, triple the price, and "technically" has 12 maps but half of them consist of a single capture point, and none have more than 2 points to cap.

The orange box was 50 bucks, and calling Portal a mod because it used the source engine makes you look like a fucking inbred child.

>implying starcraft 2 doesnt have mods
>implying World of Warcraft doesnt allow for UI modifications
>implying Diablo3 isnt widely considered to be their worst game and biggest blunder
>implying the other two games are free to play and not supported at all past "pay us money"

"neo" blizzard still allows for mods. The devs have openly stated that the reason there are no mod tools was because this game is on a completely new engine they've cobbled together and have not made public mod tools for

It has more classes and team variety, you're comparing apples to oranges now.

I have played TF2 for 1600h and was really bored in other games too, then i jumped into this and i'm having so much fun.

40 buck is already a high price for this kind of game. Adding microtransactions on top of that is just milking the blizzdrones.

It seems to be the other way around.

>>>implying starcraft 2 doesnt have mods
Shitty custom game modes that took them years to implement, and the tools still aren't as good as the ones for W3.

Neo blizzard has never allowed mod support for a new IP, and given the game has a dumb levelling system and unlockable cosmetics they're almost certainly going to be charging real money for, the absolute best you can expect is a "custom" game type. Of course, they haven't even created a server browser, so good luck actually trying out those custom modes.

The game has been in development for YEARS, this isn't something cobbled together. If they had any intention of implementing mod support, they would have announced it by now. They don't, so they won't. Enjoy your new map packs yearly, only 20 dollars for 2 hot new maps!

>It has a lot of whacky classes, wew
a couple of classes with setted attacks

Okay little babby user let's read this together
>with no promises of basic features like mod support and map making tools.
>with no promises
>no promises
>no
You see that key word there? Good, that changes the entire meaning of the sentence. Go read a book or something, man.

>It was well balanced,
Oh fuck off mate. I loved TF2 at launch but it had major balance issues at launch. Pyro was useless for half a year before his airblast was even added. Pic related was basically every encounter for the pyro.

The medic was completely unviable without a pocket soldier or heavy and had no defense of any consolation, and a heavy without a medic was as good as dead.

>a third of the price
It was $30 standalone. OW is $40.

I should know. I bought TF2 during christmas of 2007.

>3 game modes
bullshit, there were only two at the beginning: Capture point and Capture the Flag. Payload wasn't added until May of 2008.

There have been no microtransactions in the beta

There have been no microtransactions announced for the full release.

How is it like COD at all? Do you just put COD in sentences to make things look bad?

Because SO MANY people use the Sun On The Stick and the Pain Train and the Winger, right? There's a lot of garbage weapons that have been added over the years and when the game first came out there were VERY few loadouts that you could select between.

>pyro
>useless
>ever

t. Guy who can't even M1+W

>i still cant understna how Sup Forums claims this game is good
GODDAMNIT STOP WITH THE RETARD GENERALIZATIONS FUCKING NOW!

IF YOU WOULD'VE BEEN IN THE THREADS YOU WOULD KNOW WE HAVE MIXED OPINIONS ABOUT IT.

FUCKING RETARD

Written proof that you didn't play the game at launch. Pyro only got that reputation after the pyro update seriously buffed his flames. Hell, he was overpowered for a couple days.

One, the Pain Train has it's uses, retard.
Two, just because there are like four awfull weapons in the game doesn't mean only 3 loadouts work.

Killing requires no effort
Ultis/Rewards that kill instantly with no skill required and are awarded for doing nothing
No skill ceiling besides tracking
Etc

Diablo 3 is actually good now tho.

I don't think you played tf2 at a decent level if this is how you think things were, pyro was always decent and straight broken when it first got the back burner, retards just refused to play it as a actual ambush class.

Medic just requires a non garbage pocket, doesn't matter what class it is.

it had 4 modes at launch ctf, attack defend,5pointcp, and tc.

>Pyro only got that reputation after the pyro update seriously buffed his flames.
Written proof that you sucked at Pyro.

>All this implying

Good bait, though.

>I should know. I bought TF2 during christmas of 2007.
Then you're a retarded cunt, because I bought it in beta for 20.

The third mode at launch was TC, not Payload, and it was still more interesting than anything OW has on offer. I can't believe you can't understand the monolithic gap between maps with 5 capture points and maps with 2.

You're dumb, dude. Pyro was great from the start, he was a fucking ambush or defence class, not a "let me run straight into a minigun" class.

I never said the Pain Train is useless, I said no one uses it. Please read what I'm saying more carefully.

My point is that Overwatch has much more content on release than TF2 did.

Now what the important subject of the matter is that will Overwatch continue to add content over the next few years like Valve has to TF2?

Why is there an in-game currency that you can only get from random drops, then?

>2 bastions over the payload
Its over.
Game is utterly retarded and unbalanced, wasn't this is closed beta for a long time?

On launch TF2 had 6 maps, 2 game modes, and 9 classes, and was $20.

Overwatch has 12 maps, 3 game modes, and 20 classes, and is $40.

Twice the content, twice the price.

>junkrat mine that literally moves them off the payload

It's over

>40 buck is already a high price for this kind of game

That's just, like, your opinion, man

unlike TF2, it's actually good.

I will never understand the more content thing when orange box was 3 games and 2 expansions for $30.

Yes, it was in closed beta for a long time, and it was almost unanimously decided that Bastion is a pub-stomper who wrecks uncoordinated noobs and gets wrecked by anyone with half a brain

He sees almost no pro play, outside of gimmicky strats that involve using him to get a few ambush kills and then switching heroes

It wasn't only available in the orange box, dipshit

No, you're not going to deflect this argument into something completely different. You were talking about TF2, not the orange box. Stay on fucking topic user.

Fucking poorfags get the fuck out
Even if there were just like 3 maps and 10 heroes I'd rather the game not be F2P to keep a lot of third world trash and poorfags like you out. Also reduces smurfs and cheaters.

>I don't have 5 friends to play with
It's pretty casual for a shooter but it's fun to play comps and use team work to win. I find attacking way more fun than defending

I'm not even the guy you were arguing with, just bringing up the point that everyone got tf2 from orange box.

Its catering to the retards who weren't good enough for TF2 which is pretty sad since TF2 has so many classes that don't need great aim to succeed already.

Everyone wants to feel special and what better way to do that than to give everyone ultimates that require no skill whatsoever to use and everyone gets to play as a deviant art special snowflake superhero. After all why should the people who spent hours and hours learning every inch of the map and mastering every weapon win fights? Why should I have to invest any amount of time whatsoever to be good?

On paper is not the same as in practice. Those 6 maps were far better and more complex than any of OW's 12. With the exception of 2fort, I'd take any of the original maps over ALL of the current OW maps. They're that much worse.

The game-modes TF2 shipped with included more than twice the control points for twice the complexity, and CTF, which is probably the single most important game-mode for any team based shooter.

20 classes is impressive, except most of them are unbalanced as fuck, and have half the weapons of their TF2 counterparts. With almost no classes having long range weapons, the sniper is completely broken, which is why every map is just a series of windy hallways to break the LOS as much as possible.

>You'll get bored in a week, don't worry.
Why are you acting so but hurt that people are enjoying video games? Did you blizzard hate bandwagon get to your head?

>most of them are unbalanced as fuck
>almost no classes having long range weapons
>the sniper is completely broken
So, you're just bad at video games? Explains a lot. You're like one of those shitter crying about Bastion being overpowered.

Why did you lie to me Sup Forums?

You told me this game is for casuals and even the worst people can feel a hero and do cool things with a button press. I'm absolutely bottom feeder in any multiplayer game I ever played no matter how long was I practicing it. After playing the game for dozens of hours I can say Overwatch is the same. I can barely kill anyone, I get killed in seconds no matter what hero I'm using and the only time I'm not a liability for my team is when I go support and even then I barely contribute something.

Then I thought maybe I'm just a shitty learner, maybe people who are near my rank are much fasterlearning how to play. I'm level 25. I just joined in a match my friend playing (all the other players are level 3-5 max) and I they killed me so fast I didn't even know what is happening.

tl;dr: if you are shit Overwatch won't change it

Don't worry, I don't really expect you to understand basic elements like competitive balancing in a game like this. Widowmaker is completely broken in the hands of anyone who can aim.

Thanks, I'm saving my time and money and never buy blizzard games again after the rip off they pulled with diablo3.
Fool me once, fool me ah fuck off.

>feels like arena shooters of old
No it fucking doesn't. Most of the characters move at a snails pace for starters.

Oh wow, now you're condescending, who would've thought it'd come to that?
So, explain to me how Widowmaker is broken but the sniper in TF2 wasn't. The sniper could one shot a overhealed heavy (I don't know if it's still that way, but it sure as fuck was at release), while there's plenty of heroes in Overwatch that can't be oneshot from full HP by a Widowmaker. Also there's plenty of counter's in the pool for her, and basically, you're just fucking retarded.

>Hydro, Granary, 2fort
>complex
The fuck outta here.

>CTF is important
Not when the only map to play it on is 2fort, and when it's the only fucking map for 90% of the server list, and the ones that aren't 2fort are always full

>unbalance classes
The balance in Overwatch is far, far better than TF2 at launch, impressive considering it has more than twice the heroes. Soldier 76, Hanzo, McCree, Widowmaker, Genji, Mei, Bastion, Junkrat, and Pharah can all be very effective at long range. Widowmaker is effective as hell, highly mobile, and not incompetent with her assault rifle. Shit players being bad snipers (you know, the same type who would sit in a trio of snipers on the 2fort balcony) are the reason you think Widowmaker is bad.

TF2 standalone was $30, The Orange Box was a full priced game and included a 3 year old game, a year old expansion, one new expansion, and one 2 hour long game.

This game interests me, TF2 not so much.

Why do you think this is?

To be actually very honest with you, I was expecting something akin to this (a fps with skills) but not classes, as in personalized character, and more in the guise of an Unreal Tournament, yeah, I wanted an Unreal Tournament with personalized skills, each one with advantages and drawbacks, well balanced and shit.

Also this. The last thing we need is a bunch of Russians and Brazilians shitting up the game.

I am by no means any good at TF2, but even I can do pretty damn well with everything that isn't the Spy or Engineer. TF2 has as low of a barrier for entry as any other casual shooter like CoD/Halo/Overwatch.

I think it's because of cartoon asses because that's basically all this game has going for it. Out of all the characters there are maybe 4 that are actually fun to play and don't feel like they're constantly running through molasses, just when your skills are on cd.

>EDIT
I see that you were insinuating that Widowmaker was overpowered, in which case, ha, you just suck.

The Blizzard shill are in full force for Overshill

>but even I can do pretty damn well with everything that isn't the Spy or Engineer
You are the exception, I don't think you realize just how fucking retarded the average player actually is. God I see snipers on a daily basis try to shoot through walls, engineers who don't know how to upgrade buildings, pyros who don't know how to airblast, heavies with tunnel vision so bad you can stand behind them as pyro and hold down mouse 1 and they DON'T CARE. It's a miracle they can even figure out how to walk much less hit anything.

Yeah, it's certainly, as I said, not truly what I was expecting (an UT with personalized skills) but come on, it's not bad and you lie if you don't like dick, ass and pussy.

It's quite good in my opinion, but I rather played with an AI enemy rather than those korean fuckers who always tend to ass blasted me all the time, especially the guy who played as widowmaker with impossible headshot

>inb4 git gud

"Casual" is just a buzzword for "I don't like it" around here

The biggest and only gripe I have with it at this time is that there are so many ultimates and skills that just insta-kill the entire opposing team, without having to really be set up or anything, there is no skill involved in pulling them off what so ever.
Its not fun when doing it, because it's not rewarding and it's infuriating when it's being done to you.

>Riptire
>Self-Destruct
>Tank-mode

And then just the generally OP nature of some characters.
>Hanzo can body shot and insta-kill with arrows. Don't get me started on the broken hitbox of arrows in general.
>Widowmaker takes away 90% health to the vast majority of characters with a bodyshot.
>The fact that you can barely peek against a Bastion is fucked up.
Give that gun some fucking rev-up time and lower it's damage or at least quadruple the reload time.
>The cancer that is Reinheart shielding a Bastion with a Mercy backing them up.
>Junkrat's spammable bombs deal massive amounts of damage, he can pelt them literally everywhere and the explosion range on those things is just insane.

The price is a good thing.
Then we will not have to play versus a bunch of filthy Russians or BR.
I would not play it, if it was FTP.

>All these people complaining about Bastion when Widow is literally the most broken piece of shit in the game

>Copy TF2 sniper
>But completely fuck up the RoF, Charge up speed, ammo system and they give her fucking wallhacks as an ult
These fucking retards, these collossal fucking idiots.

Whenever a TF2 fan gets butthurt about Overwatch, that just makes me that much more confident that Overwatch is going to succeed

>Sup Forums when talking about DotA vs LoL
>"it everyone is broken, no one is broken"
>Sup Forums when talking about OW vs TF2
>"I hate that everyone is overpowered"

Sexy grills

>Sup Forums is one person

Difference being that you actually need to be skilled, or at least be carried by someone who is skilled in DotA to be able to murder the entire opposing team with one skill later in the game.
Also, far from everyone is overpowered in OW.
Lucio
Mei
Pharah
Reaper
Winston
Symmetra

Shhhhh keep it down, let these retards keep thinking Bastion is OP

TF2 is everyone is overpowered, OW is going above and beyond. Easy to pick up, hard to master is what made TF2 so popular but OW doesn't have the same amount of depth. Soldier is a good example. Sure it's easy to walk around and shoot feet, you've got the second best primary in the game and good health. However that's only half of it, to really be a godlike player you need to learn advanced rocket jumping, airshots, good positioning and strafing, and the shotgun which are all hard as fuck and can take hundreds to thousands of hours to master. OW that doesn't happen, pharrah you can only do one kind of jump and that's it, there's no secondary weapon you have to learn, there's no air strafing, you rarely have to worry about ammo, and everything moves so slow landing directs is fucking easy.

tf2 is old and played out now

valve care more about selling hats now than doing anything interesting with gameplay. valve is dead now

>Is literally a COD version of TF2
Stopped reading there, you're retarded.

Isn't it from ranked too?

>Easy to pick up, hard to master is what made TF2 so popular but OW doesn't have the same amount of depth

That's like, your opinion man

You can actually rocket jump as Pharah.

Not that you would wan't to, since it removes almost half your health.
Leaving you open to be killed by Widowmaker.

The only "hard to master" character is Zarya.

>This is 60

Nope.
Unless you're on consoles. In which case why are you playing shooters anyway

>The only "hard to master" character is Zarya.

Genji
Lucio

Also Pharah's E doesn't do damage and can be used to ad-hock rocket-jump

Sounds like you need to master it :^)

>It's fun and I'm having fun playing it
Wow really nigger? You bought an entertainment software for entertainment AND its entertaining you? Wowie!

>Lucio
>Hard to master
>Literally passives and press Q to make your team unkillable
Sure bud

>Thinking I don't know that shit.
>Not knowing that ROCKETjump is shooting a rocket at your feet.

>Thinking Genji and Lucio are hard to master at all.
>Not-so-subtlety implying I'm the one who need to git gud.
ur a faget

>have to learn positions for knocking people off with E
>have to strafe in air to not just get hit by sniper or mccree
>have to learn to hit pharrahs midair
>overall it's like playing soldier with the direct Hit since splash damage is poor

Also rocketjumping only takes off 40 health, it's worth doing sometimes.

It objectively doesn't. Almost all the ults either aim for you or give you shit bordering on hacks. The closest thing in TF2 is what? Uber? Something you lose on death and can easily be squandered in the hands of a bad medic if they uber the wrong person at the wrong time at the wrong place.

The movement is far worse with no air strafing, no explosive jumping, and much slower characters in general. Being able to move a few inches in the air is so huge in TF2 it's what makes scouts killing machines in high level play.

The game is also built more around defensive classes makes the game slow as fuck and boring.