Alright, fags, who was the HARDEST boss in this game?

Alright, fags, who was the HARDEST boss in this game?

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/47374
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First time.
Artorias

After multiple times
Manus.

Nah it was always Manus IMO.

Stuck at Manus in my NG+++ save.
He's just too strong and has so much HP.

Orphan of Kosm

Manus if you didn't know the pendant thing. Otherwise I'd say Biggie Smalls.

Artorias was just pure fun.

Manus. Gwyn without parrying.

Boss is the hardest. Anyone who says other boss is the hardest needs to git gud.

To be honest.
Gwyn.
If you are dex based you are at the mercy of parrying.

just finished a slvl1 run and i had the most trouble fighting ornstein & smough, died like 2 hours straight. How hard is a boss pretty much depends on what build are you playing i think

Honestly, I don't know what sucks most, str or dex builds early game wise.

STR sucks early game because of stamina values. Plus equip load, which fucks you in the ass if you don't have Havel's or F&P Ring.

If you snag the Master Key and take a quick trip through Valley of Drakes to get Grass Crest, it helps. It's actually become my go to route for starting a new game.

Im trying this faith build and boi, most weapons suck and I still don't have green titanite to forge occult shit.

>Gwyn

Soul of Cinder kind of makes this a non-starter

>Implying

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/47374

Fucking wrecked mother fuckers in PvP all the day bro.

I always seem to take hours to defeat Manus and Kalameet.I'm not sure why. I also need to learn to be more patient for openings.

>be INT
>rush darkroot through vally of the drake
>grab the grass crest shield and kill the halberd black knight
>kill the hydra and climb up the ladder
>run to sif's door area then quit&reload to reset the bandit's position
>open the chest in the puddle with the two mushroom parents for the enchanted ember
>go to undead parish and go to the bridge from the bottom
>dragon won't rape you because I haven't triggered him at the burg yet
>grab the claymore and grind blue titanite chunks from the crystal golems where the hydra was
>go to blighttown and grind for 2 green shard drops(5 each)from leeches and grab the one in the swamp
>go to new londo and upgrade that sucker to +4 enchanted
>one shot Taurus Demon

I love the first third of the game so damn much. Anyone got some cool shit they do before Sen's? The only part that bothers me is having to kill capra to access the depths. It'd be nice to be able to open the door from behind if you managed to climb up blighttown.

bed of chaos

Manus, Father of the Abyss

not even hard, it's just bullshit.

>flip of a coin - the boss

>dragon won't rape you because I haven't triggered him at the burg yet

But how? Leaving the Darkroot Garden via the Darkroot Basin, the cliffside, you have to go through Andre and shit, which makes you loop around in such a way where you'd enter the bridge and trigger the dragon.

Manus without the pendant is the hardest.

Beavis and Butthead are the best.

Artorias is the coolest.

Kalameet because of how fucked his AI is and how disjointed the hitbox on his sideways bite is.

I don't think I had this pendant when I fought Manus. What's it do?

Everyone saying Manus without the pendant, I thought the pendant was pretty much fucking worthless. You can't just spam it, you gotta time it, and if you're gonna time it you might as well roll.

Press square and it'd negate his dark magic for about four seconds.

Pinwheel

Completely blocks his dark magic shit.

Holy shit.

>Capra
Man, I raged at that fucker so much the first time I played getting the timing of the initial dodge sucked so bad. I hate bosses that fuck you over due to enviroment.

Fuck this dragon

Manus because I suck at switching from Estus to the Talisman/Charm thing needed to ward his abyss attacks (I also sucked at dodging those back when I played).

Remember the first time you see the dragon early in the undead burg? If didn't trigger him landing there and flying off, he won't appear at the bridge.

Also fighting manus is like trying to catch lugia in gold/crystal. Everyone will tell you to cheese the fight because it's such a bitch and it's really not worth your time.

Kalameet's tail

Yeah his magic attacks are nowhere near as hard as people make them out to be. The raining one you can just run away from, the encircling one all you have to do is run towards Manus since the spell ends about 10 feet away from him, and the big dark magic blast is extremely predictable so you can just roll through it.

You don't even need to do this to get to the Sunlight Altar. Just go up the stairs onto the bridge from the bonfire, hang out around the nearby corner for 30 seconds, and when the dragon jumps off the castle and onto the bridge itself you can just make a run for the bonfire inside the gatehouse.

>Remember the first time you see the dragon early in the undead burg? If didn't trigger him landing there and flying off, he won't appear at the bridge.

Son of a bitch.

> Everyone will tell you to cheese the fight because it's such a bitch and it's really not worth your time.

Without the pendant it's some of the most frantic fun you can have in Dark Souls. It felt like a proper final boss as opposed to the husk of Gwyn.

Yeah. My first playthrough I got cheeky and just through dung pies over the fog wall until victory, then walked in and slayed the dogs. I felt like shit afterwards and vowed to kill him every playthrough, even though I don't bother with going through Depths.

WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THIS WAS A THING

But if you come from behind, you get the satisfaction of one shotting Taurus demon with your engorged stats/gear while also being strong enough to take on the dragon once you trigger it.

You've never killed Quelaag first have you?

Fuck this boss. Absolute sphincter clenching tension the entire time until you deal with the dogs.

that little head twirl took me a long time to realize that I had to roll into him to avoid it. everytime I strafe rolled I got stunlock killed.

Oh duh, right. I forgot you wanted to OHKO the taurus demon.
Probably not, user, but I'll maybe do it whenever I start a new run. For you.

desu you still have to actually use it when he starts doing voodoo shit, but it's a lot more mindless than rolling.

In the bullshit department- either O&S when the two are fighting you or Bed of Chaos.

In the actually testing your mental as a player -Manus

When I first played, I'd heard that rolling is better than blocking, and blocking is basically not worth it. So I two handed my scimitar and wore light armor, effectively having no poise and no way to block. I have never had a more soulcrushing time than with Capra Demon. Whenever a friend starts DaS, I always advise them to shield and use heavy armor on their first playthrough, fuck you fags.

O&S really is only bullshit when you try to kill Smough first. Always attacking you through Smough's belly. fucking stupid.

O&S solo or Gwyn

Manus and Artorius are actually manageable once you nail the attack patterns, I've beat both without shields/magic. Gwyn fucks your shit tho

Depends on the fight. I found that good stamina + a good shield + being a blocking bitch can make Manus for example just a test of patience.

Not hard but yesterday I got cheeky at gapin dragon and summoned lautrec and solaire. They did jackshit and when I went in to save them they left me with bloated hp:the boss. First time I fuckin die there

THIS GAME IS NOT A GAME. IT'S JUST A TEST OF PATIENCE.
AYYAASSSSSSSSS

Manus hands down

Gaping Dragon is a fucking slog. I don't wanna slur it too hard I love how it looks but it's such a whatever boss fight that on subsequent playthroughs I always summon those two to alleviate some boredom.

O&S for me. Also my favorite fight in the series.

>at the mercy of parrying
>the easiest way to beat him is to parry him

I was having trouble with the Champ, so I summoned Sword Master. He barely attacked and as soon as phase 2 started he got his shit kicked in and just made the fight harder for me. I won that time though, and since he was so useless I count it as a solo kill.

Hey wait why are people actually saying Gwyn. I can't tell if it's due to the games or just lack of experience in anything other than DS1 and DeS but this is by far the easiest souls game. None of these bosses are hard. I still always get cheesed by Bed of Chaos at least once though.

Even with all that extra health Gaping is so easy to dodge. You almost have to try to get hit by him.

Didn't play the DLC so my vote is Simon and Garfunkle. Excluding Artorias and Manus, and I guess Gwyn, that's the one boss I rarely see people doing That being said Biggie and Smalls were also my favorite boss fight in DS1 but goddamn it was a rough one.

I cheesed and did the 'stand up on the edge of the arch then drop-hit then run back up'. Nigger thinks he can fight me in tight ass CQC with two ads and a bonfire miles away fuck you goat-bitch.

Honestly, the bosses I always had the most trouble with were the asylum demon clones, especially the izalith one. Smoughstein was way fucking easier to me.

well, there are conditions.

the all-around hardest fight is kalameet. hardest for casters is artorias. hardest without knowing beforehand is tied between manus and drake n' Josh.

>ng+
>Manus runs up to you and does this
what do

I had to suffer that to get Ornstein's armor. Shit has got to be my favorite in the whole series + his spear.

After fucking kenshiro with swords in DS3 I want to go back and fight Gwynn because my recollection might be mistaken but he seems as slow as a silver knight in DS3. Hell I wasn't good at parrying in DS1 but if I go back I bet I'll be able to slap everything's shit parrying wise with how S L O W they are vis-a-vis DS3.

Asylum fetish-farter in return to Undead Asylum was fucking impossible for me. Otherwise I've been able to handle them.

And while you're at it, fight Sif first, then 4Kids. Here's all the bosses you can fight before sen's. Just note you have to kill Quelaag before Ceaseless Discharge and Sif before 4Kids.

>Goatse Demon
>Taurus Demon
>Gargoyles
>Moonlight Butterfly
>Sif
>4Kids
>Quelaag
>Ceaseless Discharge
>Capra
>Gaping Dragon
>Stray Goatse Demon
>Pinwheel(lol)

You can also fight both hydras at darkroot and ash lake, the first undead dragon, the hellkite dragon, the Titanite demons by andre and in the catacombs, and the black knights at burg, parish, asylum X2, catacombs, tomb of the giants, and darkroot.

Do whatever the fuck you want.

>str sucks early game

Dude playing the early game with a hammer weapon is almost as easy as with a drake sword. fuckin love going strength. plus you get the zwei early on, the greataxe shortly into the game, and the great club near the end of blight town.

fucking love strength builds in DS. DS3 makes them kinda suck though. I wish they turned poise on just a tiny bit (so rats dont make you flinch) that works in tandem with hyper armor. maybe that will make up for the fact that straight swords and their safe-ass moveset still do more damage per second than any other weapon at every major soul level.

Bed of Chaos

I havent played the dlc, is it worth it?

yes yes yes. the dlc is great. kinda short though.

>a tiny bit
>it's literally a binary

yes. the levels are mediocre but it adds four bosses that are all great.

Manus. O&S if you're going straight up melee. Probably have the most deaths on that fight next to Fume Knight in 2.

O and S. Solo without Solaire to distract is so fucking tough. Super Smough isn't bad but kiting Ornstein is just too goddamn frustrating.

Oreos is just fucking fabulous. My favorite too, felt so good finally getting my hand on his stuff then going around genociding various dragons.

>No ponytail
Shit armor.

I'm aware. I dont want full-on poise back. I want a hybrid system where its based on your armor AND your weapon. like, a claymore is beaten by a zwei. a claymore R2 with bulky armor beats a zwei. the same attack with a zwei has the winner determined by armor poise. a longsword R2 is beaten by vordts attack. a longsword fully charged R2 with the right armor beats vordts attack.

but this would take effort.

Thanks anons, I'll give it a try this summer then

Play the DLC. Despite being short, it's jam packed with all sorts of goodies such as abyss magic, lord blade's set and both her weapons AND the obsidian greatsword. While there's only 4 bosses, all of them are very agressive and shit on blockers in general. A lot of people like Artorias though.

Don't forget that you need to have placed the lordvessel to get to the DLC as you need the item you get from the first crystal golem in the duke's archives.

Lolwut

>Ornstein touches one pixel of a pillar mid charge
>suddenly turns around does a lap of the cathedral and ends up behind you sticking his spear up your ass

thanks!

He was so hard he made me git gud

>be bandit
>get dominated by Capra continuously
>give up and use master key to reach blightown
>beat blightown, gear up, beat spider sisters
>go back, lose again
>go to darkroot, clear, fight did for hours, win
>return geared AF and rape Capra's sweet anus

And that was how I finally got gud

you twinked him, you didn't git gud, you casul

I killed Manus and Artoris naked with Uchigatan+15. It does take couple of times to get the dogging right, but it's take funny how the game could be abused so much with iframes.

I had way more trouble with Artorias then Manus, until I nailed a strategy for knocking him out of his power up phase

Most accurate post in this thread

Fuck you, why do you gotta slap my shit in Firelink, dick.

Kalameet is #1 on the bullshit scale. Fuck being dragged around by his head.

You don't even need ro worry about knocking him out of his charge up. His attacks are pretty damn telegraphed. Manus on the other hand is an endless rape train.

The two archers in Anor Londo

For me, Gargoyles then O&S.

I was better at the game after hundreds of hours of PVP by the time I fought the bosses that others consider hard, so they gave me no trouble.

Manus and Gwyn pussies. O and S hardest shit possible. Capra hard for the time. Seath kind of a bitch

Jesus this.

I luckily managed to beat him on my second try. Somehow mid-rolled between the dog on the left and Capra and got right up the stars, killed the dogs and the fight was mine.

THIS.
>two of them
>each shot does a fuckton of damage
>have to run up a tiny fucking ledge to get to one of them with the other shooting behind you

Fuck those assholes.

Did it on NG+ first time.
Manus, absolutely brutal especially with the long run up which stressed me out. Kalameet and Artorious were really close though. Still have fond memories of this DLC, after the amazing first run of Dark Souls having this to look forward to and live up to the hype was something else.

for what type of player

That fucking capra almost made me uninstall.
Whats worse is that the first time i went in without knowings its a boss with 1 or 2 flasks left i managed to kill both dogs with one swing of zwei and got him down to 30% before dying.
The next 15 times i didn't even kill both dogs let alone damage him.

you can dodge all black magic