Was Stick of Truth any good?

Was Stick of Truth any good?

It was ok.

Whoever thought QTE's for combat was a good idea is an idiot though. Made the combat very uncomfortable at times.

As a unconditional SP fan, i must say yes. It had everything. Good jokes, good visuals and a superb gameplay. Kinda short but hey, gotta leave something for the sequels.

This game had me at the class selection screen. In which other game of this world would you play as a jew?

Have you never played Paper Mario?

It was fun but short as fuck and the minigames were awful, made me wish I had the censored european version.
And you can easily break the combat and become unstoppable even in the higer difficulty.

>easily break the combat and become unstoppable even in the higer difficulty.
This. Play it more like an episode of south park rather then a proper RPG

It's the best turn based rpg of the last 5 years, genuinely funny and doesn't drag.

best rpg from 2015

Nope

Play it because you love South Park. Not for its gameplay.

>QTEs

You're using that word again, but i'm not sure you know what it means.

Then you're a faggot.

If you love South Park, you'll enjoy it. If you enjoy Paper Mario as well, you will love it. It's a very easy game and it's short too, but it's fun.

It was good, best joke RPG since Barkley.

The gameplay was perfectly serviceable as a Paper Mario-stlye RPG, but it was very poorly balanced. Every fight in the game just came down to stacking seven fucking DOTs on every enemy and watching them shit their pants while bleeding to death.

So Fractured But Whole is confirmed vaporware then?

Yup. Far too easy and simplistic. I chalk it up to this being Matt and Trey's first attempt.

Sorry I didn't drain Nintendo's balls at a younger age, many forgivenesses

Bleed is so OP in that game

At the least they didn't do the standard "nearly every difficult enemy is resistant to status effects, especially bosses" technique you see in a lot of RPG's

It's literally just the Paper Mario battle system and it's great.

Believe it or not, Nintendo used to make games worthy of praise, not anymore but still.

that's mostly a jrpg thing I think, i.e. shit rpg

Quick time events, you have to press the correct button at the right time, how was he wrong?

Story outweighs gameplay here but only if you're a fan of SP is the first place. The game is only a little challenging at the beginning but you become OP for most of the game and that gets boring. That's coupled with slow fights making the combat tedious.
TL:DR play for the story

Honestly I don't care that much

try hitting a skeleton with an arrow, or hitting a golem with anything non-blunt, or using anything but fire on a troll.

Hes wrong because he doesn't agree with his opinion

It was like a pretty long episode of southpark - chances are that if you would like to watch a pretty long episode southpark you also would like stick of truth.

what are you talking about

it wasnt that funny to me desu, they´re pandering to their fans and forgetting that it just looks fucking weird if you dont get the reference matrix

>mfw getting to Canada
>Canada is a 16-bit RPG

kek

Sorry you missed out on a great game 15 years ago, then. Surely you were out fucking bitches and partying every night instead, right?

blunt and non blunt objects. bluntness in general

Then stop posting friend

I don't understand what point you're trying to make

yes

If you're a South Park fan, yeah. It stayed solid to the material and made for a pretty fun game to boot.

He's talking about the way different types of damage affect different kinds of enemies.

Like in the first Diablo, mace to crush skeletons, sword to cut fleshy things.

It was fantastic. Well written and genuinely funny.

Gameplay is satisfying and fun on the whole, but combat gets far too easy very quickly. I barely touched the sidequests until after the main story and I consistently felt overlevelled. Thing is though, it doesn't really matter. I found myself choosing attacks based on which one had the funniest animation rather than trying to play optimally. The gameplay is really just a vehicle for the script and the setting, which are excellent and very well-realised.

Similar in some ways to Undertale in that the combat is basic and functional but well-integrated with the "feel" of the game, which allows for emphasis on its world and story.

Don't be sorry because I already played plenty of games that interest me

if you like series you like the game.
its just ridiculously fun to move around in a game built up like a southpark season

Well, that's the only way to do it.

I know, but I don't know why he's telling me that

> Pandering to their fans...

No shit. That's the point.

I thought you'd like to know my stance on the great paper Mario debate since you seem so invested. Didn't wanna let you down lil buddy

Fantastic RPG that was easy but had some mechanics to it that was even better if you understood the references and/or are a fan of the show.

Its biggest problem is lack of additional content and almost ZERO replay value.

Literally the best South Park game ever likely to be made.

Obisidian knocked it out of the fucking park. I'm legit upset they aren't also making the sequel-- still could be cool but I'm leaning toward SOT being good cuz of Obsidian more than anything

It's pretty great, although the combat system is a bit simplistic.

Enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm not sure if someone can like the game if he never/rarely watched SP because the gameplay was just ok.

>Yes
>No
>Maybe

>lack of additional content

I have no problem with this

>zero replay value

I also have no problem with this

it sounds like you wanted them to do DLC and 'new game plus', which generally is not as good as making proper games

>there are people in this thread who actually watch South Park and find it entertaining

I never found SP to be that good, and the game felt exactly the same.

It dragged on for too long and tried too hard to be funny and shocking.

If you like SP you'll probably think it's the best game of all time.

>Yes
>No
>Maybe

What do you think OP?

The latest season was pretty great

It was fun, but really short.

Once you figured out that status effects, especially multi-hit weapons with bleed and fire you could destroy the entire game balance. Wasn't very fun at that point because it's hard to ignore when given the option.