Dark Souls 3 Incoming Patch Tomorrow

Regulation Version 1.07

>PS4
JP -- 2016-05-20 10:00am – 12:00pm (JST)
EU -- 2016-05-20 3:00am – 5:00am (CET) summer time
US -- 2016-05-19 6:00pm – 8:00pm (PDT)

>XB1
JP -- 2016-05-20 10:00am – 4:00pm (JST)
EU -- 2016-05-20 3:00am – 9:00am (CET) summer time
US -- 2016-05-19 6:00pm – 2016-05-20 0:00am (PDT)

>Steam
JP -- 2016-05-20 5:00pm – 7:00pm (JST)
EU -- 2016-05-20 10:00am – 12:00pm (CET) summer time
US -- 2016-05-20 1:00am – 3:00am (PDT)

Main Adjustments:

>1. Adjusted the efficiency of the Great shield category

>2. Adjusted the consuming FP of the Magic Spell Category

>3. Adjusted the efficiency of the category below: - Dragon Slayer’s Axe - Crescent Axe - Dark Drift - Washing Pole - Moonlight Great Sword

>4. Fixed the shield penetration rate of the partial attack in the scythe category

>5. Fixed the stamina attack of the partial weapon category. (I think they mean paired weapons)

>6. Improved the matching of the Blade of the Darkmoon and the Blue Sentinels covenants.

>7. Improved the password matching rate

>8. Improved other game balance

>9. Several game flaws fixed (the glitches for sure)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cK8MsyfzO2M
youtube.com/watch?v=JOB2lXiMllo
youtube.com/watch?v=VyxVFmm1dOY
reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4jdwy6/dark_souls_3_poise_mechanics_im_pretty_damn_sure/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Still not fixed horrible fps drops. Oh well, will play it after a year.

>nothing about poise

Its supposed to be off

Poise is working as intended. Your favorite site leddit already confirmed it.

Poise is bound in regards to the i-frames of your roll.

More poise, more i-frames in rolling.

That's it. That's poise in DS3.

Which means the went back to DeS style.

So stop crying.

>no magic fix aside from FP consumtion

DROPPED

>FR will always be bad for toaster players
feels bad senpai

thats fucking stupid as shit, and you know exactly why.

poise is still broken, that is a fact. untill it is fixed, this games balance is permafucked

It has been tested again and again. Poise in DS3 really is only in the I-Frames of the roll.

Me, I'm happy with no poise frankly. At first I was mad, like you are right now. But now, it's good.

>poise works as intended
dropped
it doesnt work at all

>6. Improved the matching of the Blade of the Darkmoon and the Blue Sentinels covenants.

Always nice when these changes come after grinding your ass off for hours.

>Adjusted the efficiency
Does that mean buffs or nerfs?

no, its stupid.

and the way you claim it works is even dumber.

poise is broken, amongst many other things, and this shit is unacceptable.

Yes

>Adjusted the consuming FP of the Magic Spell Category

What, did they just raise the FP cost of every spell by 10 or something? Surprised they didn't lower the damage of all magic.

>Always nice when these changes come after grinding your ass off for hours.

This is the second time they actually are trying to fix this.

What people found out is that the summoning for some of the covenants is tied on how OLD or NEW your account is.

So for example you are on PS4, and your PSN account is 5 years old. That means on the summoning queue, you are on the back. The new PSN accounts are the one who get summoned first on the queue.

>Needing poise when you can just hyperarmor through a hit and make people eat shit

I use a curved GS and dump on fast weapons all the time since all I need is to bait out a move, then I R1 combo them for 900+ unescapable damage.

Oh man, more i-frames on my roll surely help me to not get hit even once, because after that one hit I'm getting staggered to death despite my stamina is full.
Nice system you got there, senpai

>What, did they just raise the FP c
They're lowering the FP for magic.

If this is about greatshields, it's a nerf. Greatshields are actually overpowered, especially with great magic shield. You can't lose stamina with them combined.

Go back to your challenge runs, Lobos

Why do people want poise back? It's rather refreshing seeing a variety of armor, instead of mass Havels with Darksword r1 spam. Plus poise would make gank squads even more deadlier.

Does magic inculde faith? Because the FP consumption of the lightning spears for their damage output is fucking retarded. People may have complained about Magic OP in previous games (specifically the 1HKO spells) but they really overnerfed literally EVERYTHING related to magic,faith, and pyro.

Because they forgot DeS had none.

>Does magic inculde faith?

Yes.

since when is Demon Souls Dark Souls, nigga

>What people found out is that the summoning for some of the covenants is tied on how OLD or NEW your account is.

Holy shit, source on this?

Since when Miyazaki started both.

If he wanted to change something in one of games with the same idea of another, it's his call.

Check your favorite site. It's all there and how to fix it on PC.

On PS4 you have to start anew again and all. New account and shit, so it isn't worth it.

bullshit, pve great shields are useless, enemies still drop my stamina for blocking despite my ridiculously high end

Wait, Moonlight Greatsword is gonna get nerfed? Fucking great, after I've just foregone the sorcery cheevo and maxed it.

>Adjust Adjust Adjust Adjust

WHAT THE FUCK DOES ANY OF THIS MEAN? Also what exactly are they doing to MLGS?

Stability determines the drop on stamine per hit, the better the stability the less your stamina will drop m8, just use a better shield and/or improve it

It's probably getting buffed. My mainstay backup weapon the washing pole is going to get needed into the ground though.

Japan has never had a history of full patch notes like western developers, it has been like that since the industry began.

Typically you get a "Made other adjustments and improvements" at the bottom of every single patch

>Nothing about straight swords
>Nothing about caestus parrying
Nice job.

I'm talking about pvp. Also I said it's overpowered ESPECIALLY WITH Great Magic Shield because your stamina will never drop. EVER.

Goddamn you people and your skip reading style.

Here's some fucking samples in case you cry there is no proof.

youtube.com/watch?v=cK8MsyfzO2M

youtube.com/watch?v=JOB2lXiMllo

And that's just a Black Knight Shield. Now imagine that faggotry with Great Shields.

I've tested it against 3 people with UGS' wailing at me and my shield didn't drop. Not once.

i know that, but all the greatshields are useless except for havels.

its especially bad for he curse ward great shield, which feels like it has the stability of a mid shield

"I don't like how this works" != "this is broken".

If you drop a vase, it gets broken. If the vase is ugly, it's just ugly, but not broken.

How long til DLC?

Poise has absolutely nothing to do with the i-frames of rolling.

>poisebabbies this butthurt

Sorry, no easymode stun locks for you scrubs. I'm fucking glad, DS1 got boring due to how many try hards were wearing the Elite Knight set.

Poise would literally make Estoc/Darksword scrubs unbearable

Because not everyone plays only for pvp.

youtube.com/watch?v=VyxVFmm1dOY

There are 2 more vids with full tests on poise in DS3. I've provided you with one. Find the others yourself now.

>getting buffed
Not very likely. I already do retarded damage with it at 40 Int. If they buff it even further.... oh boy!

What in the everloving fuck is wrong with this game?

>still getting shit on by straight swords
How bad are you?

Yeah, it does retard. They changed it for DaS3. If you could read, you'd know that.

Why would you need poise for PVE you fucking scrub?

They still need a nerf.

It makes pve way too easy.

No, it works fucking fine because they changed what it does. You won't ever get your old poise back. Fuck off and die.

I hope they fix both sacred flame and Wrath of the god glitch. Fuck youtubers for spreading that shit around.

Caestus parrying is fine. Almost nothing that can't be sight parried by a small shield can be parried by the Caestus, and partial misses with the caestus sap almost all of your stamina every time.

Just link it nigger

>>More poise, more i-frames in rolling.
It's not quite that.
I understood that more poise meant that you lose less i-frames when you get hit during roll.
So it wouldn't even matter if someone gets randomly hit once during roll, but might have an impact if someone keeps rolling and other person keeps hitting them.

I makes sense that they connected poise to rolling as more mobility and focus on rolling as a way to avoid damage has clearly been part of DS 3's design, but I feel that the effect is too small to make any real difference for anyone.

>losing frames if you get hit
If you are hit, your frames are already over.

oh eat shit, its broken and you know it, hell half the point of heavy armor was poise, and with the average weapon damage so high heavy armor itself hardly means shit.

>i-frames are attached to adaptability
>FUCKING B TEAM SHIT GAME I WISH MIYAZAKI WAS HERE RIGHT NOW
>i-frames are attached to poise
>FUCKING GENIUS MIYAZAKI DID IT AGAIN GIT GUD GIT GUD SOULSBORNE

Ok I won't disagree with that

>I understood that more poise meant that you lose less i-frames when you get hit during roll.

Looks like you didn't actually understand.

More poise = More i-frames

Less poise = Less i-frames

t's there in the video, it's there in the "furumz" it's there in your favorite other site.

Poise is there. It's just not how you wanted it to be.

That's still just ADP which everyone hated anyway.
And armor still doesn't do shit because diminishing returns + a full set of Havels being outclassed by Yhorm's Greatshield buff.

Besides that wasn't it demonstrated that poise could actually be made to have a proper effect?
COuldn't that just mean that poise is only demonstrating one of two possible effects?

>caring about the way people play pve
fucking why mate

I meant that even if the hit goes through you.
Also if you get hit during later parts of the roll you don't get staggered if you have enough poise or something, even if you take damage.

I've never played pvp, is this poise thing a big deal? I thought you guys were unhappy with pvp because of gank squads or something last time.

That doesn't even make sense
>Wearing more armor makes you harder to hit

there is no poise you fuckwad. there is only hyperarmor, that works irrespective of poise. Therefore, poise as a stat is absolutely useless. Even 2 used poise, even if it didnt work like 1. For all its failings, poise still mattered.

thats fucking stupid, why would you get more i-frames for having less mobility?

That was proven to be tied to equip load, not poise. You can replicate the same by just weighing yourself down.

They should at least make the heavy armor negate more damage if they keep poise the way it is. No reason to ever wear that shit, especially when you can't roll.

I just want it to work like in 2 you meme loving fuck. where it actually did something, unlike 3 where poise does LITERALLY NOTHING AS A STAT

the patch that caused horrible fps drops was reverted. works fine now.

That's what all the tests have come to.

Of fucking course that won't work on fat-rolling you stupid fucks if that's what you are thinking.

As long as you're below 70% weight load.

You're retarded. Heavy weapons would still dominate due to their ability to poisebreak, and Straight Swords most definitely wouldn't do any regular 2hit combos.

>salty darksword user detected
Why don't you try out a real mans weapon son?

and yet most enemies have real poise, and take full advantage of it all the time.

plus we know its been coded in, theirs video proof of that.

and the whole i frames crap is pointless, you dont fucking wear heavy armor to roll better you retards.

top kek nice projecting I use Gundrys halberd and Astoras Greatsword.

>Morne's hammer require 30 faith and 50 STR
>outclassed by DSGA and BKGA
Just why

If you dont play with the Demons Greataxe your a scrub and thats just how it is.

mah NIGGAH

There is no Dark Souls 1 poise, and there is no Dark Souls 2 poise, but there still is stat called poise and it affects the game.
Thus there is poise and it works.

Actually, in Dark Souls 3 there are multiple different things called poise and they all work.

That is dubious as fuck.

Most of these test use framerate as their calculation and we all know that Dark Souls 3 engine have a flaw in its frame timing.
Which is why all of the test so far got different result, on different aspect.
Some even say it effect your recovery time but everything so far is a speculation that were made with a shitty tool.

>dark wraiths clearly have DaS1 poise
I'm a bit annoyed by that,

>i-frames are attached to poise

I'm sorry, I simply don't believe this shit

DSGA and BKGA don't have a stronger version of wrath of the gods in it. Also Every souls game has had a fuck huge faith hammer

Like I said.

Poise is there. It's just not how you wanted it to be.

Honestly, I'll change my stance now. I want poise back. Just so that when it is back, you people will have fun with the Havel meta again.

At least we'll get to see that if they do "switch on" poise right?

Go test with carthus milkring and see it yourselves retards

Because wearing the heaviest armor in the game and getting knocked around my a fucking rat is god damned stupid. I don't expect to take no damage, but having a fucking mouse nibble at my feet knock you over in full havels is fucking retarded

Yeah armor having a purpose sure would be awful.

Poise is confirmed to literally not work in DS3, faggot.

It reduces damage taken, that's a purpose.

Please don't ever play it. Your kind are disgusting.

I bet you win a lot of pve matches with those :^)

>armor having a purpose

It does though. Higher absorption = less damage.

Or did you just not include that because there's no poise?

>making shit up
>g-go test it yourselves!

yeah whatever retard

reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4jdwy6/dark_souls_3_poise_mechanics_im_pretty_damn_sure/
>First let my try to simplify all of this. Your Poise dictates how many iFrames you will lose per hit

If you don't get hit your iFrames are constant based on the roll and poise doesn't affect it.
If you get hit you love iFrames from your roll and the weapon and poise affect how many iFrames you lose.

Out fucking skilled.

what are the washing pole fags going to deviate to now that their crutch is getting nerfed?

why is it in the stats screen then?

No weapon can hit more than once during a roll though. Maybe if you just BARELY escape from an Estonian hit and roll into the person he might land a second.

I don't think its possible to test it myself user.
None of these 'poise effect i-frame' are proven beyond doubt.

The calculation method is flawed, the whole thing is a complete mess on both the theory and how it should apply.
Frame regain, frame lost etc all these is a fucking clusterfuck that cannot be proven right or wrong because of how volatile the fucking factor is.

Regardless, everybody should dismiss this theory simply because FROM have never, ever, implement such a complex calculation into their game.
All of the mechanic in this game, and the game before are simple and straightforward.

For them to program such this is really, really, fucking farfetched.

The consensus on 'the other site' is that it's getting buffed.

Didn't use it in BB (yet) or the other Souls games, but people are saying that the scaling in particular is really bad in DS3, and that that is likely what is going to get buffed.

Poise negates r1 spam you fucking idiot. No poise = fastest weapons stunlock